Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply Roleplay Subforum
Pokémon Legends: Court of Kings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:13 pm
Juliet introduced herself and Helena slowly turned to face the woman again. The noblewoman was taller than her and that became even more apparent when they were within hand shaking range.

Helena slowly took the other woman's hand, aware immediately of the feel of it. It was the same as Henrietta's, which Helena chalked up to both of them wielding swords.

"My friends call me Hel, or Hels, or I guess if you're Kalosian you'd say El." Helena would say as she gently shook Juliet's hand before pulling hers back and resting it at her side.

"What do you mean you felt we'd run into each other?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:29 am
"Helena will be fine," Juliet said, pronouncing it with a soft H. The Kalosian dialect contained a few different accents. A high noblewoman such as herself had an understated accent. Tourists.

"I've met your brother before. And I was on the Fishbone as well. Thank you for your service to my country." She didn't get into the specifics of either event, but she did give Helena a short bow. It was time to prod. "Is that the reason you were chosen to be sponsored by a House Head? It is unprecedented, to say the least."  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:48 am
The Fishbone. Helena remembered the events clear as day. There was a pirate she might have killed and she left him bleeding to death after looting him and his allies. She remembered being on the crashing and then sinking ship. Having a Quillon in her face. The entire event was one panicked tragedy after another.

If Juliet watched Helena's reaction to the name Fishbone she'd see her eyes become unfocused and her lips part as her breathing picked up several paces, nearly audible but not quite.

Her eyes found Juliet's again after idly looking around her for a few seconds. It would be the easiest out in the world to say 'yes' but instead the teen said "I don't know," in a much softer voice than the one she'd been using. Then, without meaning to, she added "I don't know what anyone wants with me, but a lot of people seem to think I'm special."

Jean wanted her because Ratio did. Ratio wanted her because something. Sal warned her that the Darkhorse Hunters would be after her for winning badges. And now Bertrand Balibar wanted her.

"So I'm just kinda going with it." Over the course of the last sentence Helena would manage to compose herself, lips playing into a smile between words, this one managing to reach her eyes, lighting them up. But only when she wasn't speaking, each word carried the secondary effect of a lost sort of look in her eyes like it troubled her and she wasn't actually okay with it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:20 am
Juliet had only needed the one handshake and those few words to get a read on the recent events of Helena's life. She had no idea what was happening to her either. The difference was that she was the subject, and Juliet was merely an observer. While she felt bad for Helena, she wasn't going to get the answers she wanted out of the girl.

None of this showed up in Juliet's demeanor. She was just as polite as ever. "You are going to have a spotlight now. I suppose we'll find out what kind of special you may be."

It appeared that the new sponsors would have their answers at Bertrand's party. Juliet would have to wait until that happened to know more, unless she could find a source today. She considered talking directly with Bertrand, but even she could not simply waltz up to the military commander. It would pay to be patient.

"Although we're competitors, I do enjoy a good match. Hopefully we can battle on the national stage in the future." She knew that Helena had a Scizor as well, though she wasn't sure if Helena's knew how to fly yet. Juliet had quietly earned herself a few badges last week, and was poised to get the rest in short time. The competition this year was fierce. She remained confident that they would not overcome her.

"Anyway, I shouldn't stay here for long. They do get annoyed if you browse without buying." She gave Helena a nod. "Pleasure to meet you, Helena."

With that, Kallikrates would follow and she would make to exit the boutique.  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:34 am
Juliet's words about the spotlight caused Helena to blush. She hadn't intended it, but it was there hot on her face. As the noble continued to speak Helena would roll over the possibility of her being an enemy in her head. She knew Zack, which meant she had probably met everyone already. If she wasn't privy to Balibar's intentions it meant that she wasn't part of that inner circle.

The Redgrave sibling knew from Absolon Balibar that not all of them were privy to everything that the nobility did. It's why she trusted him enough to let Azucena bring him into her inner circle. Perhaps the same could be done with Juliet.

"Wait," Helena said. She took in a deep breath. How do you bring up 'do you know about the dark horse hunters that might kill everyone? What about Jean-Pierre?' she wasn't quite sure. All she did know was that Juliet was curious about Balibar.

"Would you like to come to the dinner with me? As my date?" The question, once it was out there, cause the blush on her cheeks to bleed into the rest of her face lighting it up like a christmas tree.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:05 pm
"Um."

Kallikrates hacked, trying to cover up a snicker with a hairball motion. Did I lead her on? Juliet was inexperienced in matters of flirtation. No one had ever quite caught her eye, except for her one and only. It was still clear to her that Helena found her attractive, even if the first sentence hadn't given it away.

More importantly, she was the second party invitation she'd received today that she wished to turn down. This wasn't a normal get together or formal function where she didn't belong. This was a political stunt where she didn't belong. It crossed from being merely humiliating to potentially dangerous for her future.

Still, Benedict would be there. Juliet would rest a little easier knowing what was going on. To find the answers she was looking for, she'd have to weather the occasion. But she had been doing that frequently in the past few weeks. She didn't know how much more she could take.

"You may not know this, but I'm not very popular these days." Juliet wondered if Helena knew what kind of rumors (and, unfortunately, horrid facts) came along with the Nostrad family name. Did she watch the news? Did she know about the oil plant? Juliet rubbed the back of her head and looked away. "And I've been arranged to be wed to Matheson Leroux."

The full name escaping her lips was enough to make her heart skip a beat. It felt warm to say. She stood up straighter, holding onto her poise as her self worth sank. "I may not be the type of company you want to keep."  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:28 pm
"I'm not very popular either," Helena said and this time she laughed softly. She wanted to poke Juliet and see if she could trust the woman enough to tell her more. "I was just hoping to go with someone who wasn't doing it to manipulate me, and you didn't ask me first so I figured you'd be safe. You know, 'one of the good ones'."

Helena didn't want to even drop Salieri's name first. If Juliet opened that door, she would. However, Helena had her own secrets she could share. Working past the inherent intimidating of finding Juliet to be attractive, Helena would take a deep breath and then a few steps forward so she could whisper.

"I'm the one who told them where the oil field was. So it's all my fault if you're not very popular." How Juliet handled that information would be very telling to how Helena needed to proceed next. However, she doubted it would hurt her chances with the Balibar family if the Nostrad family hated her.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:30 pm
Juliet blinked at Helena a few times. Did she really just say that?

"Heh."

She smiled and laughed a little. Then a lot. Then she was leaning over, one hand on her knees and the other patting Kalli's head as she tried not to snort in public. "Y-you..." she started. Even saying that was too much for her, and the laughing fit came back full force.

Kallikrates regarded her with concern. Was this the stress break that was bound to come, enough to make her snap? Or was the irony just thick enough for Juliet to find it genuinely hilarious? Annie the saleswoman came over to the two women. "Is there something wrong, Miss Nostrad?" Annie asked while looking at Helena with subdued disdain.
"N-no, we're fine. We're fine."

The noblewoman waved Annie off, and the saleswoman retreated. Juliet stood up again. "Ohhhhh, my." She coughed a little, composing herself again slowly. "The court is going to eat you alive, if you're going to be so candid."

She sighed and let her chest stop swelling with mirth before speaking again. "I'll meet you outside House Balibar tomorrow evening. But as your company, not a date. The wording is important to my people, as you'll come to understand. And I have my engagement to consider." Juliet shrugged. "That's the best I can offer you."  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:39 pm
There was something delightful about causing Juliet to laugh that when the noble looked at her again, she'd be hiding her smiles behind her fingers. It wasn't one she could help, one that did reach her eyes. At least her blush had retreated back to her cheeks.

"That's" Helena breathed a sigh of relief, "that's a lot more than I could have hoped for." As her hands lowered from her lips the smile remained plastered there. "Though," she stuck a thumb back toward the boutique where Franz as no doubt going to emerge with poshy street clothes for her, "we could still show up in matching outfits." This time her voice was playful, not exactly flirtatious, but definitely enchanted with humor. It was a thin line between the two.

"I'll bet we could make a ton of enemies if you showed up in Balibar colors instead of Nostrad ones."  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:09 pm
Juliet gave her a slight shake of the head, still faintly smiling. "No. That's more than you can hope for. The rules we each follow are not the same."

She was using this girl for access, and Helena was too enamored to see. The guilt was already sinking in. Juliet had placed herself in a position where she had to ride the fine line between being the entertaining noblewoman and keeping Helena's affection at arm's length to spare her feelings. Yet another commoner I've wronged. Sorry, Helena. When I inevitably let you down, it'll be as gently as I can.

"I've made more than enough enemies. I'd rather make friends." She started backing up towards the door. "I'll find out when and where and I'll be there. Try not to get into too much trouble til then."  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:13 pm
Helena held up her left hand as if showing off a ring, but there was no such thing. "Trouble and I are married, sorry." Then she'd turn toward Franz as he approached.

"I have just the outfit for you," he'd say and Helena, clearly in a better mood, would wave to Juliet before following the tailor into the back.  
Marsuru rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:23 pm
((Links to previous posts here and here))

Route 12 - ********. Aw, god dammit,' Zack growled, picking himself off the grass. His balls felt like they'd been jammed up to his bellybutton, and cracked like eggs. Waves of pain wracked his body, turning his legs to jelly. Red-faced, on the verge of heaving, he stood up for the dozenth time and said, 'Okay, again.'
'You are not right in the head,' said Robin, wincing empathetically as she got back into position. They were 13, still at the academy, and in the awkward stage of learning to be badasses.

Zack wiped the sweat out his eyes, skin red hot from where he'd definitely not cried, and prepared himself again, flexing his fists.

'Come ON! I can take it!' Zack shouted. Kelly watched them both some distance away, doing some actual normal training with his team on the open field. He shook his head, by now used to both of their weirdnesses.
'Zack, it's not worth it,' Robin said.
'It's a weakness,' Zack replied, stepping from foot to foot in anticipation as Robin reached her mark. 'What if someone tries to take me down with a cheap shot? I've gotta be prepared.'
'Just don't blame me if it straight up stops working,' Robin shrugged before breaking into a sprint and swinging her foot.

---

'Nice try,' said Zack as Emily's knee struck home. It hurt, but without a bond to anyone less trained, Zack could take a genital smash, siphon away the pain until it lost all hold over him. By bringing herself in for the d**k-knee, Emily had come too close to Zack to escape. He dropped his arms around hers, aim to pin them at her sides and lift her off the ground where she couldn't get free.

Even if Emily still tried to headbutt Zack, she would be met with a headbutt of his own. Unless the girl had neck muscles like a bodybuilder, Zack's strength advantage vastly outstripped hers, and in any mutual headbutt contests, he'd win out.

And after the first, he'd aim for a second, and a third, and fourth, until he felt her face start to go slick and crumple, his arms tight like a vice, refusing to release her until she was gone.

Anistar City Gym

Meowstic was faster than Caboose, but just barely. And, as it turned out, not for long. Too caught up in her vision of the future, she couldn't break out of the stand-still quickly enough to avoid his Nuzzle, and it wracked her body with paralysis. The feline pokémon's speed dramatically lowered to only a quarter of its previous amount as electricity coursed through her muscles, face contorting with pain.

From her place in the trainer box, Olympia frowned, the faintest of lines appearing between her brows. A sudden setback, but not the end of the fight, impressive trainer.

Caboose followed up with a Strength attack in his hope to keep things close range. With Meowstic on the back foot, his follow-up struck home and cleaved off another chunk of the psychic's health. Coupled with Nuzzle's damage, Caboose had removed almost a third of Meowstic's health almost immediately. But the blow left him open for her counterattack, forcing the Pikachu to remain directly in front of Meowstic.

Her ears masked organs that emitted psychic force enough to grind a truck to dust. When Caboose attacked, she opened her ears just a slice, releasing a point-blank Psyshock that would blast into the Pikachu and send him careening into the air in a long arc that would land him at Benedict's feet. A psychic attack of that magnitude would remove around three quarters of Caboose's total health.

That is, assuming she wasn't immobilised by paralysis.

((1 and Meowstic's attack didn't happen))  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Klarp Glornharm

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:48 pm
Ben didn't have to see an attack coming to know they needed to transition into the brawl he was trying to turn this into. "Dance!" Was called as the uppercut hit. There were a lot of downsides to using an uppercut. Open yourself up. Maneuverability down.

The upside was that taking one shifted an opponent's body when they were the size of Pokemon. Caboose would follow the command, as he could see the shifting ears. Slower than her first move. Still fast considering the minimal movement. His dance consisted of using his momentum to raise his body with a jump, which would be enough to turn a solid gut shot to fling and injure him into one that would instead start his lower body spinning into a sideways flip. He would keep his position, and a 3 quarter health hit should become glancing enough to only take half instead.

Two important things had been shown here, to Ben one, Nuzzle wasn't strong even with Caboose's type to.boost it. Two, Strength was tough but had no normal type boosting. Which meant one thing for a pokemon reduced by nearly a third of their health by the two.Their disco ball was a good choice. Electro ball slid along Caboose's body and down his tail as he spun, frint right paw going down to the ground to gain control and the rest of his movements flashy to give an impression of another attack. In that state, discharge was the best bet to actually hit.

Electro ball would attempt to slam into the Meowtic from a blind spot while Caboose attempted to use the new momentum to dodge what came next. If Ben was right, even accounting for a likely difference in special defense to defense, accounting for Caboose's special attack and paralysis taking the opponent to about a quarter of his speed would cause a lot of damage.

Beyond that, Ben kept an eye out for Future Sight. Distortions in the air. Whatever it took. He would call out the direction of it if he saw the attack, and one additional point. For elevation. For example, three two was three o'clock above.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:11 pm
Route 12 - Farmhouse

Emily brought her lower arms up at her elbow, blocking Zack from completely constricting her. As they exchanged the first set of headbutts she'd grunt and then duck down, utilizing the small escape she had created for herself by not allowing her arms to be pinned flat.

It would put her at eye level with Zack's knees, but it was better than being headbutt until her face caved in like some sort of balding intergalatic world conqueror.

"Choke on my c**t," she spat at his taunting.

Magmortar pulsed again, this time letting loose a shockwave that caused the flames to flicker.  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Marsuru rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:13 pm
Assuming Paralysis didn't cause her body to seize up, Meowstic would disappear as Caboose launched his Electro Ball. She vanished in a flicker of light, only to reappear with a blow to Caboose's belly in another flash, her priority Sucker Punch allowing her to close the distance and strike.

Sucker Punch would deal around a third of Caboose's health in damage, and momentarily stop him in his tracks, just long enough for the air to shimmer pink and strike from below. Like an upwards death-wind, Future Sight's psychic waves flew towards the Pikachu, aiming to catch him in the midst of being struck by the surprise attack.

If Paralysis did take hold, then Benedict would likely notice the ground below his pokémon shimmer pink, and Caboose would have enough of a chance to escape it. All the while, Meowstic would take the Electro Ball and lose around two fifths of her health.  
Roleplay Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games