Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:01 pm
Because you didnt have a Healer you actually planned out a rescue instead of charging in spells slinging and swords swinging.
now if only you would do that more often.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:05 pm
Yeah, nobody ever wants to play the cleric...  

elvisnake

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:10 pm
I never really understood that.

Playing a Cleric can be plenty fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:01 pm
Yeah, but speaking from my perspective anyway, being the healer, while an integral part of the team, isn't as glamorous as the fighter, wizard, or other offensive components.  

elvisnake

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:16 pm
Well I'm typically the last person to make their character in the group so I'm more or less stuck with the roll we need.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:20 am
Hey Cale, me and my roommate were talking about making a Star Wars D20 campaign and we got into a discussion about the Stormtrooper Stats.

Did they buff the stats on stormies and clones in the new edition because looking at the old edition, they look like they're pretty easy to mow through.

I'd have hoped that a member of the stormtrooper corps would at least be a challenge to players at low levels.  

stellarmagic

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:23 am
They're still easy enough to kill in saga but they can kill you in a couple of hits at first.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:26 am
Well the campaign we were planning was one for a Rebel Infiltrator team, so I'm tempted to buff the stats on the imperials just enough to make the focus if we're caught...

RUN! The Stormies are coming!

Instead of:

Here come the stormies... open fire boys!  

stellarmagic

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:30 am
The thing about it is that there are always more though. Especially with their built in coms. Plus if you get the Force Unleashed sourcebook, you can find all kinds of goodies for the Empire.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:44 am
Ahh, yes. Here we go. Included in the Force Unleashed book are stats for AT-AT and AT-ST pilots, Death Star Troopers (includes and elite version as well), Army, Navy, and medic troops. Then for the Strormies you have The Legion of the 501st, Clone Trooper Vetrans, Spaarti Clone Troopers, Dark Troopers Phase Zero, EVO Troopers, Jumptroopers, Radiation Troopers, and Storm Commanders. And that leaving out Palpetine's pet force users and his guard. They also have stats for ISB officers.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:44 am
Well another thing is we're going to incorporate the Imperial Fleet Corp of troops as well as the Imperial Army. If you incorporate them a lot more you have to make the stormies clearly a cut above them.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:49 am
The Force Unleashed book is a perfect supplement for running a campaign against the Empire.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:52 am
I'll have to get the Saga sourcebook as well then...

...Unfortunately I don't have the money to throw around right now... my bank account is hurting and I just started a new job (It sucks because I took it out of desperation).  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:54 am
And I just checked the Saga book, and they have a couple lower level variations of Stormtroopers as well. I don't know if Threats of the Galaxy has any though, you would need to check with Cale on that one. So yeah, Sage Edition is pretty good.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:54 am
Interesting, it seems that Wizards is going to release a Legacy supplement in a few months. For the record Cale, I called it.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games