Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:03 pm

Johnny Malone

I can believe it, Dragon has an article on everything. I think an Indiana Jones style adventure would be a gentle way to get my group into a more roleplaying atmosphere without forgoing hack and slash completely.

Just have the Heroes be the only thing standing between some evil organization, like the Red Wizards of Thay and an artifact of truly frightening power, like the Tome of Boccob, or Cuthbert's Mace, or the key to freeing the Hundred handed-fifty headed monsters of Greek myth, or just about anything that sounds dreadfully important.
Hell, you can have them hunt down the Rod of Seven Parts.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:06 pm

I agree. I'm the type that truly likes to roleplay, as opposed to "Kill it! Get EXP!"

Come to think of it, I really wish RPGs gave EXP for passing certain plot points and such, as opposed to making leveling up a hack and slash fest ... @_@

AFK Masturbating

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:07 pm

Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone

I can believe it, Dragon has an article on everything. I think an Indiana Jones style adventure would be a gentle way to get my group into a more roleplaying atmosphere without forgoing hack and slash completely.

Just have the Heroes be the only thing standing between some evil organization, like the Red Wizards of Thay and an artifact of truly frightening power, like the Tome of Boccob, or Cuthbert's Mace, or the key to freeing the Hundred handed-fifty headed monsters of Greek myth, or just about anything that sounds dreadfully important.

I was thinking of something like that. Due ominous movie announcer voice!

It's a race against time as a band of adventures must keep an evil cult from gaining an artifact that could bring about the end of times.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:09 pm

GW is notorious for lacking of RP.

It's funny though, you can either make an RP character, or a PVP-only char, but I've only seen 1 person in my entire playing time that ever actually RPed his RP char. Nobody else ever does.

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:10 pm

Darkened Angel
GW is notorious for lacking of RP.

It's funny though, you can either make an RP character, or a PVP-only char, but I've only seen 1 person in my entire playing time that ever actually RPed his RP char. Nobody else ever does.

One of the reasons I tend to stay away from MMO's. Although I may have to get Warhammer: Age of Reckoning when it comes out next year.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:13 pm

Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone

It's a race against time as a band of adventures must keep an evil cult from gaining an artifact that could bring about the end of times.

Directed by Johhny Malone and Staring:
The Fighter
The Cleric
The Wizard
And the Thief
And Weena Mercator as the Hopping Woman...

Dungeons and Dragons: Quest for the (Insert quest item here)

This time, Orcs are the least of their worries...

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:15 pm

heh. I still got it.
I am still the best damn Bard around.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:17 pm

I can pretty much guarantee it. If I happened to get Ragnarok Online and got into it, I'd go Dancer, and later Gypsy.

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:18 pm

Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone

The Fighter
The Cleric
The Wizard
And the Thief

Coming soon to a gaming group near you!

Failing this idea for a game concept I might just run my group through the Tomb of Horrors by Gary Gygax. Wizards has an updated version of it on their website. Most evil dungeon ever! twisted

Here's a link to get it:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20051031a
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:21 pm

Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone

The Fighter
The Cleric
The Wizard
And the Thief

Failing this idea for a game concept I might just run my group through the Tomb of Horrors by Gary Gygax. Wizards has an updated version of it on their website. Most evil dungeon ever! twisted

Here's a link to get it:

]http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20051031a

Dude. I printed off a copy to run for you guys months ago.

Sol Walker
Crew

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:22 pm

Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone

The Fighter
The Cleric
The Wizard
And the Thief

Here's a link to get it:

]http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20051031a

Dude. I printed off a copy to run for you guys months ago.

You did? We would have died so many times if we tried this game. So many death traps that we would have failed....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:23 pm

Darkened Angel
I can pretty much guarantee it. If I happened to get Ragnarok Online and got into it, I'd go Dancer, and later Gypsy.

Gypsy? Interesting.
Learn a few Romani words and pepper your speach with them, Like Gajo (Non-Romani), Challo (Boy), and Chey (Girl). It adds to the flavor of the character.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:24 pm

Johnny Malone
You did? We would have died so many times if we tried this game. So many death traps that we would have failed....

I really wanted to run it.
I also have the Mud Sorceror's Tomb, which is very similar-trap and Puzzle wise that is.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:25 pm

I tried Ragnarok myself. The world and it's look are nice, but I could never get the control scheme down.

AFK Masturbating

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:25 pm

Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone

I really wanted to run it.
I also have the Mud Sorceror's Tomb, which is very similar-trap and Puzzle wise that is.

Cool.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games