Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

Sairanie
Keagan Moran

The whole magical world was still so new to Keagan, and she looked up and down the Great Hall with wonder; t somehow managed to be just as impressive inside as the castle had been towering over her as they approached. Every step of the journey so far had been brand-new to her, with the boat ride across the lake being the only thing remotely familiar, and a calming before the storm of emotion going on inside her as she prepared to be sorted.

She heard her name called and her heart started racing. She felt her face flush and her birthmark burn hot as she stepped forward and many eyes turned to her. Rian had been sorted into Ravenclaw, and Sallie into Gryffindor. She wondered if she would end up in a house with at least one familiar face, or if this too would be completely new.

She took a deep breath, and stepped forward to have the hat placed on her head.

First Year; Unsorted

Personality:
Caring | Keagan has a genuine heart for others, wants what is best for her friends and loved ones, and has a desire to help others in need. As a result, she's also incredibly gullible, which her childhood friends love taking advantage of.
Independent | Although she cares deeply for others, she has a strong sense of her own independence, which can border on being defiant or stubborn for the sake of her own sense of freedom, or what she believes is right.
Quick Learner | Keagan is very smart, which makes her quick to learn and understand new things. She strives to help others who are struggling to understand as well, but often comes across as a know-it-all as a result.
Spontaneous | Anything can be turned into an adventure with the right perspective, and Keagan excels in doing just that. She tries not to get herself in trouble, but sometimes finds herself there anyway in her adventure-seeking.
Hot-tempered | Little things easily frustrate Keagan and so, try as she might, she has a tendency to boil over sometimes. As she's gotten older she has learned to better manage it, but it still lashes out on occasion when something really bothers her (usually something to do with someone triggering her sense of caring or independence)

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
New experiences can certainly be exciting
I'm glad you've got such a positive outlook
I'm sure you'll have plenty of them in

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:16 pm
The Sorting Hat

a porg
lately i been i been losin' sleepxxdreamin' about the things that we could be

we'll вe coυnтιng ѕтarѕ, yeaн we'll вe coυnтιng ѕтarѕ

Halice couldn't believe that she was finally here. She was in the Great Hall. She was about to be sorted. Where she was going to be sorted was a whole other matter. She had tried to not think too much about it in the days leading up to her arrival at Hogwarts, but now that she was here, waiting for her turn with the Sorting Hat, she couldn't help but think about it.

About the only thing Halice felt certain about when it came to sorting was that she was fairly certain she wasn't going to be sorted into Ravenclaw. It wasn't that Halice didn't think she was smart, it was just that she knew she wasn't the smartest. She was average, and that was okay.

When her name was called, Halice walked up to the front. She felt as though the entire student body could see her shaking from a mix of excitement and nerves. Of course, anyone watching wouldn't be able to tell that she was shaking. Well, maybe they could, but only if they were paying super close attention.

Halice took a deep breath as the hat was placed on her head. "Here goes nothing."

Halice Radcliffe
              Halice is what some people might call a shy extrovert. She wants to be around people, but just isn't quite sure how to interact with them. It takes a lot for her to go up to someone and say hi, but surprisingly little for her to make a friend. Once Halice decides to open up to someone, they'll find that she's sarcastic with a good sense of humor. She's also someone who would do anything for a friend. Some might say she cares too much.

Of course, Halice does have her boundaries. Once they're crossed, she won't be mean. She'll just be cold. Sometimes, people say she's too sarcastic. They can't tell when she's being sincere or not. It's hard for her to be the one to apologize when she's wrong, and being sarcastic certainly doesn't help matters any. If things go too far, Halice could easily lose friends, simply because she doesn't know how to fix things when they go wrong.

As a student, Halice is someone who would rather not be noticed. It's not that she isn't smart. She's not the smartest one in the class, but she does try, and more than likely, if called on, she'll have the right answer. However, there are times where she won't have the right answer. She's not perfect. She can't always focus. Sometimes she daydreams in class. It's for this reason that being called on in class makes her nervous.

location: the great hall│with: the entire school/the sorting hat│ooc:

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Shaking? Not to worry dear, nerves are quite normal
And you're plenty smart, but you are right about one thing
I don't think Ravenclaw's where you belong
No, I think you'll find yourself at home in

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:45 pm
The Sorting Hat

Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                "Hey y'all,
                                                Watch this!"
                                                Daddy's belt
                                                Mama's drapes
                                                Standing tall on the backyard shed
                                                Lookin' cool in my Superman cape

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Unsorted || Fırst Yeαr || Hαlfblood

════════════════════════

So maybe Bobby Ray should have rethought that jump into the lake. But, honestly, he was wanting to check out what was all in it. He'd heard from his cousin there was a lot of stuff down there, and well, he might have also thought he could outswim the boats. Okay, so maybe that hadn't been his brightest idea, but he had tried! After a quick drying spell from the guy leading the boats, they'd all been ushered to the Great Hall. That caused Bobby Ray to light up with excitement. Here he was, ready to be sorted. This was so awesome! He got to the stool and took a seat, knowing what was coming next because 'Kira told him. This was going to be a great school year, he could feel it!

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    ◊ RECKLESS Bobby Ray is pretty reckless. He'll take anyone up on a dare, and even will do things just to prove he can. He's not exactly concerned for his own personal safety, much to the chagrin of his family.
                                                    ◊ SOCIABLE Bobby Ray likes to be around people. He enjoys talking and making friends with anyone, and often can be found in a group. He's always willing to talk to anyone.
                                                    ◊ SMART Bobby Ray is actually quite smart despite his rather reckless behavior. He can pick things up easily, he just doesn't always apply himself. This prevents him from being at the top of his class, even though he could be one if he attempted it.
                                                    ◊ BRAVE Bobby Ray isn't exactly fearless. However, he isn't afraid to take risks. He knows that being afraid is normal, and doesn't let that stop him if he encounters it. He's willing to do the hard things so that no one else has to.
                                                    ◊ BOASTFUL Bobby Ray is quite boastful. He's always confident he can do whatever he wants to, though whether or not he can actually do what he says is another thing. He however doesn't know when to stop.
                                                    ◊ HONEST Bobby Ray is quite honest. Though he can get carried away with his claims about his abilities, he refuses to lie about important things. He doesn't see the need to, and his mom and dad taught him better than that.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I wonder what all I can do here?
                                            OOC:

-◎-

I told the neighborhood girls
                                            said "Hey y'all, watch this!"
                                            My fate was a broken arm
                                            My reward, one big kiss
                                            When Daddy asked me why I did it
                                            I made him laugh out loud
                                            When I told him 'cause the chicks dig it

Well! Year hasn't even started
and you're already having adventures
You'll be right at home in

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:49 pm
The Sorting Hat

Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                  Oh, take your time, don't live too fast.
                                                  Troubles will come and they will pass.
                                                  You'll find a woman and you'll find love.
                                                  And don't forget that there is a someone up above.

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Ian was quite nervous. He'd heard about the sorting from his cousins, and he was pretty sure that while he had nothing to worry about, he just didn't know what house he was likely going to be in. It probably didn't help that he was pretty sure that he wasn't really good enough for any house either. In any case, he tried not to fidget too much as his name was called and he went up to the stool, sitting down and waiting for the hat to descend. Maybe he was worrying for nothing, he reasoned. After all, wasn't this the hat's job?

◊ CALM Ian for the most part is calm. He's learneed how to deal with his emotons, though he still will have occasional outbursts. He's also the type that tries to think rationally, which helps him to handle his emotions better. However, this doesn't always work.
                                                      ◊ FRIENDLY Ian is a rather friendly individual. He likes making friends, and likes to help out whenever possible. He's also the type that will approach people that look lonely and strike up conversations.
                                                      ◊ LOYAL Ian is a rather loyal person. Once he befriends someone, he will stand by that person through thick and thin. He also is particularly loyal to family, and believes that they should stick together through trouble.
                                                      ◊ CURIOUS Ian is particularly curious. He's always wanting to learn new things and discover new ideas. He's also always asking questions, and doesn't particularly like it when he discovers a question that can't be answered.
                                                      ◊ INSECURE Despite his calm, Ian is rather insecure. He finds that sometimes he doesn't think he can actually measure up to expectations, and at times finds himself lacking confidence in himself. He hides it well, but can't help but feel incompetent at times.
                                                      ◊ STUDIOUS Ian loves to study. He finds enjoyment in learning, and actively works to gain information. He's also particularly thorough in his work, making sure that he's completely covered an area before moving onto something else.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Okay, so where am I supposed to go?
                                              OOC:

-◎-

Forget your lust from the rich man's gold.
                                              All that you need now is in your soul.
                                              And you can do this (oh, baby) if you try.
                                              All that I want from you, my son, is to be satisfied.

Everybody belongs somewhere, my boy
Not to worry , we'll get you all sorted out
Hm, a difficult choice, to be sure
But I think you'll rise to the occasion in

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:09 pm
User Image
                                                  From time to time I'd try to tell just what was on my mind.
                                                  You'd tell me not today.
                                                  Come back, do that.
                                                  Wheres, Cinderella at...
                                                  Was all you had to say

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Eva approached the hat deliberately, already thinking she knew where she was heading. Her family, with the exceptions of a few members, had all been Slytherins. She doubted she'd be any different. Besides, she knew where she was going. She didn't know if the hat knew yet where she was going, but she definitely did. Sitting down primly, she waited for the hat to descend and place her where she was going.

◊ CALCULATING Eva is very analytical, and constantly evaluates everything around her. She weighs the pros and cons of actions before she commits to them. As a result, she's rarely caught off-guard, and tends to have plans in place when things go south for her.
                                                      ◊ DEVIOUS Eva is devious. She likes to make sure that she can come out on top, and to do that, she can and will use underhanded tactics to get what she wants. She's also likely to bend and break rules as she feels like for this purpose.
                                                      ◊ DRIVEN Eva is a very determined individual. Once she has something in mind or has her sights set on something, little can deter her from it. She prefers to work hard to achieve her goals, and feels that she can do well because of it.
                                                      ◊ LOYAL Ironically, for someone willing to do what she feels like to get what she wants, she is extremely loyal. She will stand up for friends and family if necessary, and work hard to make sure she can help them as much as possible. She prefers this to abandoning them outright, because she feels that she's a stronger person with people she trusts.
                                                      ◊ ASSERTIVE Eva tends to have a rather forceful personality. She knows what she wants, and she tends to make her opinions and interests known. She feels that nothing's accomplished if she's not willing to stand up for herself.
                                                      ◊ CYNICAL Eva can be pretty cynical. She's heard tales of her families, and knows that the world isn't all black and white, but shades of grey, and that bad things can and do happen to good people. As a result, she's less likely to partake in flights of fancy and believes that if something can go wrong, it will, and it's not going to be pretty when it does.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I know where I'm going, do you?
                                              OOC:

-◎-

Here I am, so try to forgive me
                                              I don't believe in fairy tales
                                              here we are with nothing but honesty
                                              I've had..enough...I'm not gonna stay

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:49 pm
The Sorting Hat

Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                  From time to time I'd try to tell just what was on my mind.
                                                  You'd tell me not today.
                                                  Come back, do that.
                                                  Wheres, Cinderella at...
                                                  Was all you had to say

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Eva approached the hat deliberately, already thinking she knew where she was heading. Her family, with the exceptions of a few members, had all been Slytherins. She doubted she'd be any different. Besides, she knew where she was going. She didn't know if the hat knew yet where she was going, but she definitely did. Sitting down primly, she waited for the hat to descend and place her where she was going.

◊ CALCULATING Eva is very analytical, and constantly evaluates everything around her. She weighs the pros and cons of actions before she commits to them. As a result, she's rarely caught off-guard, and tends to have plans in place when things go south for her.
                                                      ◊ DEVIOUS Eva is devious. She likes to make sure that she can come out on top, and to do that, she can and will use underhanded tactics to get what she wants. She's also likely to bend and break rules as she feels like for this purpose.
                                                      ◊ DRIVEN Eva is a very determined individual. Once she has something in mind or has her sights set on something, little can deter her from it. She prefers to work hard to achieve her goals, and feels that she can do well because of it.
                                                      ◊ LOYAL Ironically, for someone willing to do what she feels like to get what she wants, she is extremely loyal. She will stand up for friends and family if necessary, and work hard to make sure she can help them as much as possible. She prefers this to abandoning them outright, because she feels that she's a stronger person with people she trusts.
                                                      ◊ ASSERTIVE Eva tends to have a rather forceful personality. She knows what she wants, and she tends to make her opinions and interests known. She feels that nothing's accomplished if she's not willing to stand up for herself.
                                                      ◊ CYNICAL Eva can be pretty cynical. She's heard tales of her families, and knows that the world isn't all black and white, but shades of grey, and that bad things can and do happen to good people. As a result, she's less likely to partake in flights of fancy and believes that if something can go wrong, it will, and it's not going to be pretty when it does.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I know where I'm going, do you?
                                              OOC:

-◎-

Here I am, so try to forgive me
                                              I don't believe in fairy tales
                                              here we are with nothing but honesty
                                              I've had..enough...I'm not gonna stay

Well, quite sure of yourself, aren't you?
If you're certain, better be

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ιf уσυ ωєяє fαℓℓιиg, тнєи ι ωσυℓ∂ ¢αт¢н уσυ
                                                          уσυ иєє∂ α ℓιgнт, ι'∂ fιи∂ α мαт¢н
                                                          '¢αυѕє ι ℓσνє тнє ωαу уσυ ѕαу gσσ∂ мσяиιиg
                                                          αи∂ уσυ тαкє мє тнє ωαу ι αм

spaceAmata lead the first years from the antechamber into the Great Hall, approaching the stool and the hat with the group lined up behind her. She unbound the scroll, and began reading off names to start the sorting so the evening could get underway.

ι'∂ вυу уσυ яσgαιиє ωнєи уσυ ѕтαят ℓσѕιиg αℓℓ уσυя нαιя
                                                          ѕєω σи ραт¢нєѕ тσ αℓℓ уσυ тєαя
                                                          '¢αυѕє ι ℓσνє уσυ мσяє тнαи ι ¢συℓ∂ єνєя ρяσмιѕє
                                                          αи∂ уσυ тαкє мє тнє ωαу ι αм

wнere - Head of the Great Hall
                                                          wнen - Sorting Ceremony 2050
                                                          wιтн - First Years

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

ιтѕ jυѕт one oғ тнoѕe dayѕ wнere yoυ don'т wanт тo waĸe υp
                                                  everyтнιng ιѕ ғυcĸed, everyвody ѕυcĸѕ
                                                  yoυ don'т really ĸnow wнy, вυт yoυ wanт тo jυѕтιғy
                                                  rιppιn' ѕoмeone'ѕ нead oғғ

spaceFar be it from Jude to question how wizards did things, but this whole hat business was just further confirming for him that they were all insane. He'd suspected as much from his uncle, but he'd considered it might just be a personality trait. Now he wasn't so sure. Now he was worried that being around these people was going to make him a crazy weirdo, too.

spaceHe was one of the first names called, too, which was nice because he didn't much fancy standing around waiting. But, it also meant he didn't have the benefit of observing the whole thing to try and glean what was happening. From his vantage, a hat got sat on his head, there was a pause, then it yelled out one of the house names. He at least remembered which house was which, since contrary to Uncle's belief, he did listen to the old man. Even if he was insane. Which he was. Honestly, he could care less which one he ended up in, as long as it wasn't Slytherin. Of course, his luck, that's probably where he'd end up. Sure, stick the kid who hates reptiles in the snake house. Brilliant idea. He just wanted to go home.

мy ѕυggeѕтιon, ιѕ тo ĸeep yoυr dιѕтance
                                                  caυѕe rιgнт now ι'м dangeroυѕ
                                                  we've all ғelт lιĸe ѕнιт and вeen тreaтed lιĸe ѕнιт
                                                  all тнoѕe мoтнerғυcĸerѕ тнaт wanт тo ѕтep υp
                                                  ι нope yoυ ĸnow, ι pacĸ a cнaιnѕaw - ι'll ѕĸιn yoυr aѕѕ raw

wнere - Great Hall
                                                  wнen - Sorting Feast
                                                  wιтн - The Hat
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

IMPATIENT
                                                  xxx»» Jude doesn't like sitting around waiting for things to happen. He's the sort of person who'd rather rush forward and try to force it than allow things to happen naturally. He gets antsy when he has to sit still for anything, and is very much a do-er. He's incredibly hands on and works best when there's something to keep him occupied during the down time.

SHORT-TEMPERED
                                                  xxx»» Jude can go from zero to one-hundred in a snap. His skin isn't particularly thick, and rather than get his feelings hurt, he's much more likely to get angry. He tends to feel slighted by any- and everything, and takes things way too personally. He also holds grudges and doesn't tend to forgive unless someone embarrasses themselves to prove they're sorry.

INTELLIGENT
                                                  xxx»» Jude likes to read, and he is a sponge for the information in his books. He's very good at picking up on how to do things just by observing them, and retains information very easily. He's gotten himself hurt a few times trying to replicate things he's seen in his films, but it's usually due to lack of physical ability rather than doing the thing wrong. When he can actually focus successfully, he's good at working through problems and puzzles, though this is a rare thing.

TACTILE
                                                  xxx»» Jude is very hands-on, in every respect. He doesn't actively notice it, but he tends to communicate better when he's making physical contact with a person, or at least something relating to what he's talking about. He has a thing with textures, and is very specific about what types of fabric he'll wear. He always needs something to do with his hands, and struggles to focus when he has to hold them still.

RECKLESS
                                                  xxx»» Jude is an act now, questions later kind of guy. He's not much of a strategist, preferring to make it up as he goes along. He does try to be mindful, but the second he hits a roadblock, his impatience acts up and he ends up running headfirst into a situation he's entirely unprepared for. It usually works out alright, but he's no stranger to needing someone to save his skin. Usually he can manage a thank you, but it's always begrudging and he rarely learns anything from the experience.

QUIET
                                                  xxx»» In between outbursts brought on by his anger, Jude is a very quiet person. He keeps to himself, preferring to find company in a book than with other people. He doesn't talk much, and generally only does so to voice displeasure with one thing or another. He generally tries to avoid talking if he can get away with it, and will answer with as few words as possible when he can't.

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

αnчthíng чσu cαn dσ, í cαn dσ вєttєr
                                                          í cαn dσ αnчthíng вєttєr thαn чσu
                                                          αnчthíng чσu cαn вє, í cαn вє grєαtєr
                                                          sσσnєr σr lαtєr í'm grєαtєr thαn чσu

spaceDixie Lynn was ready to crawl out of her skin by the time her name was finally called. Patience was not a virtue she was in possession of by a long shot, and she'd been waiting basically her whole life for this. She'd especially been waiting a year, to almost the minute, because she should have been here last year with her brother, dammit! She practically closed the distance between herself and the stool in a single leap in her eagerness to finally, finally, get sorted. Once she had a house, she was oh-fish-al-lee a Hogwarts student, thanks very much, and she was more than ready. Plopping herself down (perhaps a little too hard; the stool creaked under the force of it), she twitched as she waited for it to be lowered onto her head. This shouldn't take long, she thought. She didn't think she'd be hard to sort, really. Then again, maybe it would surprise her, she thought, nose wrinkling in amusement. Maybe she'd end up somewhere she never would've expected. What an adventure!

αnч nσtє чσu cαn rєαch, í cαn gσ híghєr
                                                          í cαn síng αnчthíng híghєr thαn чσu
                                                          αnчthíng чσu cαn wєαr, í cαn wєαr вєttєr
                                                          ín whαt чσu wєαr í'd lσσk вєttєr thαn чσu

wнere - Great Hall
                                                          wнen - Sorting Feast
                                                          wιтн - The Hat
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          blah blah blah

HYPER
                                                          xxx»» Dixie Lynn has a lot of energy. So much so that it's hard to figure out where it all comes from. From sunup to sundown she is going, going, going, and anything that forces her to stop is unacceptable. She doesn't seem to have an off switch so much as a pause. She can sit still and be quiet when she needs to, but the aftermath usually results in her running laps or doing cartwheels to let off the excess she built up during that period. Having her in a small, enclosed space for too long is enough to drive her batty.

ENTHUSIASTIC
                                                          xxx»» When Dixie is interested in something, she's all in. She's liable to become an overnight expert on something that catches her attention, and will spend the next day talking the ears off of anyone who'll listen about it. This principle applies to her hobbies, her studies, and her friends. She's the person who'll remember something you mentioned offhandedly to her once, six years ago, and will surprise you by remembering it on your birthday.

CAPABLE
                                                          xxx»» Dixie was taught from birth to always look out for herself. Not because she can't rely on others, but because it's important to be able to rely on yourself when they're not there. She's good at solving her own problems, and rarely has to ask for help. Unfortunately, when she does need help with something, she'll often stubbornly refuse to ask for it. She tends to instead find a less-than-perfect solution that she can accomplish on her own. Sometimes this works out alright, but sometimes she ends up having to backtrack and do it over again.

MOTIVATED
                                                          xxx»» What Dixie wants, Dixie intends to get. She doesn't care how hard she has to work for it, what she has to endure, if it's important to her, she's going to figure it out. She suffers a fair bit from tunnel-vision, often forgetting what other things are important in the face of something she thinks needs to be done. It's incredibly hard to distract her from whatever task she's on.

COMPETITIVE
                                                          xxx»» Dixie likes to win. A surefire way to get her interested in something is to make it a competition. Who can run the fastest, who can catch the most fish, who can finish the book first, etc. It's certainly something her parents have abused in order to get her to do things they want. They're not above turning something into a game to get her involved. If she can beat her brother at it, all the better. The downside being that, if she loses, she tends to challenge him to a rematch and won't let it go until she wins.

HONEST
                                                          xxx»» Saying that Dixie values the truth is a bit of a stretch; it's more that she has no verbal filter. She tends to say whatever is on her mind, consequences be damned. Also, lying is complicated, and she doesn't see the point in doing it. It's much easier to remember the truth, so she doesn't bother with lying. It's something of a blessing and a curse. She gets in plenty of trouble because she's always the first to admit she did something wrong. But, because people value honesty, her punishment is usually slackened, if not forgotten about altogether, since she was honest about it.

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:35 pm
User Image

I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs sᴛʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I sᴀɪᴅ I'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ
Wʜᴇɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡs ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀɪᴅ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ, ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ᴏɴ ғɪʀᴇ
Tʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴏʀ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ʀᴀɢɪɴɢ ᴏɴ
Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄs ɢᴏɴᴇ

Tzuki was lucky that Archie found her, especially because he didn't mind her holding his hand as they followed the teachers. Once they were inside, the girl was glad that it was relatively quiet. Their footsteps echoed in a way that betrayed the sheer size of the room - and the castle - they were standing in. Hopefully she'd learn her way quickly. The professor stopped them, mentioning the sorting, house points, and, of course, a happy welcome. At least the two adults she'd met that far were pretty nice...

After the doors opened, the first years were ushered into a loud room. Of course it was loud! She nervously squeezed Archie's hand, trying to figure out what was going on. Professor Harlowe's voice spoke up again, this time further away - but louder. She explained again the process, then began calling names. It was just a couple in when Tzuki realized they were going alphabetically. And her last name started with Z. Wonderful. Luckily for her, Archie's name was also late in the alphabet, and he walked her to the front of the line when his name was called, that way she'd have less distance. When he removed his hand, the girl felt rather nervous again.

Once her own name was called, Tzuki took a hesitant step forward, luckily to have someone step over and take her hand. It was Professor Harlowe, and Tzu was grateful for the woman's kindness. Moving to sit upon the stool, Tzuki felt the hat sit on her head, and down a way. They really should get a bit smaller of a hat, given it was for sorting eleven year olds. Either way, she'd been told what was to happen, so she wanted to do this right. "Hello there, Sorting Hat. Can I ask how you work, or would you just say something vague? I certainly want to know how everything works, but this seems a good place to start."

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxFʀɪᴇɴᴅʟʏ:
                                                                  Despite never having a chance to make friends, Tzuki is outwardly happy and polite to anyone she meets. She tries to befriend anyone from grown ups to little kids to stray animals. It's hard to be extroverted without an outlet, but she tries her best.

xxxxxAᴍʙɪᴛɪᴏᴜs:
                                                                  Whether it's learning guitar in secret or plotting pranks, Tzuki always wants to be better than herself. She loves to try and improve upon herself, proving to the world that she had the drive to be the very best.

xxxxxHᴀʀᴅ-Wᴏʀᴋɪɴɢ:
                                                                  Going hand in hand with her ambitious nature, Tzuki is an incredibly hard worker. She follows through on anything she does until it's the best she can make it. She's determined to be the best she can, and will work to show it.

xxxxxEɴᴇʀɢᴇᴛɪᴄ:
                                                                  Despite being blind, Tzuki isn't one to sit still. She loves to get up and run and play, making the most fun out of her days. When she's not stuck in lessons, you can bet she's running around, either outside or in.

xxxxxCᴜʀɪᴏᴜs:
                                                                  Part to do with being blind, Tzuki has always had a wild curiosity. She loves to investigate anything she can get her hands on and loves to learn in a hands-on way.

xxxxxSɴᴇᴀᴋʏ:
                                                                  Thanks to her enhanced hearing, Tzuki has gotten really good at sneaking around almost silently. Unfortunately, if she's in a new environment she's a lot clumsier than she should be. Once she knows her paths she can slip by unnoticed, though sometimes she overestimates the amount of dark surrounding her.

—————————————————————————
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Professor Harlowe, Sorting Hat
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Getting Sorted!
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I wonder what else I'll learn?
                                                                  —————————————————————————

Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴀғᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴜɴᴅ
Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴀғᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴜɴᴅ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:34 am

Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here

Phee was interested in all the sights as they went up to the castle. There was so much to take in! He stuck by his fellow first-years and made sure not to fall behind. They made it up to some very big doors and stopped. Phee could hear the dull roar of people behind it. Oh, no was everyone behind that door? The train platform was big enough and that was only so many people. Would they look at him as they went in? Phee didn’t like that idea at all. The doors opened revealing what phee was worried about. The whole school was here and likely looking at them. Couldn’t they just sort them out here and then quietly join the tables? That felt like a better idea. Phee tried to keep up but also hidden. He did peek to try and spot Eion and Max and waved in his usual timid way back to them. He also couldn’t help but look at all the candles and the sky...wait the sky? Oh, ceiling sky? This was a lot. Phee was tempted to go back and hide on the other side of the big door but he knew that drew more unwanted attention. He was told there would be a big meal and as long as he made it to that he would be fine. Maybe there will be cheesy chicken, his favorite…

Soon they stopped and Phee peeked through others to see an old hat. How old was that hat? Did mamma and dad wear it when they were his age? It must be a smart hat then. Watching the first kid go up he watched to make sure he knew what to do in case he panicked. Well, when he panicked if he hadn’t already. Oh! It talked too. Hopefully, it was a nice talking hat. Phee took his time trying to steel his nerves to walk up there the loud cheers made him cover his ears as they were quite startling. Clapping was fine but he really hated yelling, it made him scared more than nervous. Hearing his name made him squeak a bit in surprise. He timidly approached the stool and looked to the teacher lady for some reassurance before sitting on the stool. Oh no, now he was definitely the center of attention. He could almost feel everyone staring and it made his skin crawl ‘Please Mr. hat put me somewhere nice and quiet, maybe somewhere where I won’t seem weird?...’ Phee thought, wondering if it was a mind-reading hat.

SHY Phoenix prefers to not interact with others. He is never sure if what he says is the right thing. As such he avoids conversations.
                                                                              WITHDRAWN Phoenix prefers the company of himself only he not a fan of crowds or people in general. He is most happy alone.
                                                                              GENTLE Phoenix is careful with everything. He handles thing softly and talks the same way too
                                                                              ALOOF Phoenix has his head in the clouds and is usually daydreaming he comes across as distracted and about half the time he is.
                                                                              SKITTISH Phoenix dislikes loud noises and surprises. He hates suddenly being thrust into situations
                                                                              CURIOUS Phoenix likes to discover new things and when a topic interests him he obsesses over gathering information on the topic. He loves to learn

I'll spread my wings, and I'll learn how to fly
                                                                              I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky
                                                                              And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change
                                                                              And breakaway

null

null

null

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:39 am
User Image

I guess I'm learning, I must be warmer now
                                                            I'll soon be turning, round the corner now
                                                            Outside the dawn is breaking
                                                            But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free

Archie was glad Tzuki recognized him, he wouldn’t have thought ill if she hadn’t. But he was glad to have made an impression he had quite enjoyed the hike up to the school more so than others. He offered to help Tzuki who seemed somewhat nervous. Others looked tired and one kid looked like he might barf. The doors opened showing the whole school and the absolute coolest room! Look at all the candles and sky! Fancy dishes! Kinda like the ones they pulled out for fancy visitors! While knowing the answer was magic he still was curious how dinner would arrive. He had a sandwich lunch and candy but that was ages ago.

He had plenty of time to wait as his name was pretty far down in the alphabet so he whispered what was going on to Tzuki and let her know of all the wonderful things. Soon it was his turn. He politely let go of Tzuki’s hand to go up to the stool. He sat down and waited for the hat to decide where he was supposed to be

AMBITIOUS Archie is always trying to be better at whatever he does. He never settles on second place. He aims to be the best.
                                                                                        THRIFTY Archie always looks for a good deal on something. He learned to sew to avoid buying new clothes and learned the wonders that duct tape can fix. It doest have to look pretty if if is saves you trouble and money
                                                                                        CUNNING when Archie wants something done he gets it done. When running a lemonade stand he would try to convince his competition to relocate to make sure he could make enough.
                                                                                        PROTECTIVE He's always looking out for his friends and family. He tries to make sure no one he cares about is hurting.
                                                                                        STRAIGHTFORWARD he's not one to mince words. If he doesn't like you he will tell you right away. He not shy in sharing his opinion.
                                                                                        CARING Archie doesn't like to see people or really anything hurt. Even when trying to cut competition he tries to make sure others don't suffer either.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies
                                                                                        Fairy tales of yesterday, grow but never die
                                                                                        I can fly, my friends

null
                                                                                        null

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:19 pm
Understand the things I say
Don't turn away from me
'Cause I spent half my life out there
You wouldn't disagree
D'you see me, d'you see

User Image
M U R I G E N
G R A C E
S E A G R A V E

PUREBLOODUNSORTEDFIRST YEAR

Murgo's father didn't much see the point in clouding the Sorting with mystery for her, so she knew well enough to expect. Unlike some of the other first years, she suspected, who seemed more than a little baffled, or even afraid. Murgo wasn't scared as she entered the Great Hall with the rest, but she'd be lying if she said she wasn't nervous either. Not about which house she ended up in; she knew Dad didn't care either way, but just about going up in front of everyone. What if she was a hat stall, and it took minutes instead of seconds for her to be sorted? What if the Hat said something really cutting to her while it was sorting her? Mostly she was tired and hungry and anxious to get it over with, but her S surname wasn't helping matters. By the time she was called up, Murgo was almost too impatient to be as nervous, and quickly approached the professor holding the Hat without a backwards glance. Hopefully this would be very quick, and then she could eat her dinner. That candy from the train was not tiding her over well.

OOC:
COMPASSIONATE
xxx»» Murgo is an extremely compassionate and soft-hearted person. She's a sucker for a good cause and inclined to believe the best of people- at least until they give her reason to think otherwise. Her brother often rolls his eyes at her sentimental nature and tendency to always sympathize with the underdog, but ultimately it makes Murgo a very caring person, even said caring comes back to bite her or people disappoint her hopes. Ultimately she would rather try to help someone and fail than do nothing at all and regret it.

DETERMINED
xxx»» Murgo is very determined and stubborn. Once she sets her mind to something, her strong will and hardheadedness takes over, and she's set on seeing it through. This can be very exasperating for others as it's hard to get her to give up on something or even take a different, more easier path. She has no qualms about clashing with authority figures and she often gets too caught up in her own struggle to be recognized, forgetting entirely about the bigger picture for the sake of her wounded pride.

PROTECTIVE
xxx»» Murgo is by nature a very protective person. She's defensive and highly loyal to her friends, and is already ready to step in and defend the little guy, even when they don't need her help. Her brother compares her to a mother hen with a bad habit of picking up strays, but Murgo is in truth someone who can't stand the thought of seeing someone else be hurt or pushed aside when she could be there to help them. This can come across as very overbearing or even patronizing at times when she forgets to reign it in.

SELF-RIGHTEOUS
xxx»» Murgo has a huge self-righteous streak. It's difficult for her to admit when she's wrong and she has a big problem with letting go of a grudge in order to make peace, even when she can't even remember what the grudge was over in the first place. She always wants to feel right, and while she usually has good intentions, that doesn't mean she always goes about things in the most productive manner. She can be very standoffish and sullen when she feels she's been wronged and she isn't always the most effective team player because of it.

RESPONSIBLE
xxx»» Since the death of her mother when she was young and her father's depression following it, Murgo had to step up into a more parental role than she was accustomed to, despite being the younger sibling. Because of this she was always remarked upon as being 'very mature for her age' and 'very serious' for a child. This isn't necessarily a great thing; while she is very responsible in terms of being organized and hard-working, she forgot how to lighten up and just relax in the process, always used to having to worry about something.

INTUITIVE
xxx»» Murgo isn't necessarily the most 'book smart' person out there, but she is very skilled with the more hands-on subjects, and she's good at following her gut and listening to her instincts. She learns by doing and practicing and once she knows something, she never forgets it. She's able to keep calm even when under stress and work things through in her mind- for Murgo, slow and steady really does win the race
Username

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:32 pm
Strange young girls
Covered with sadness
Eyes of innocence
Hiding their madness.
Walking the strip
Sweet, soft, and placid

User Image
я σ ѕ α м υ η ∂
¢ σ я ∂ є ℓ ι α
ℓ ι ℓ ℓ α η т ι η є

υηѕσятє∂ │ ρυяєвℓσσ∂ │ ƒιяѕт уєαя

Rosamund was transfixed first by delight when she gazed upon the Great Hall's starry ceiling, dotted with floating candles- what marvelous set design- and then by disgust, when she realized via exactly what mechanism they would be sorted. Her hand came up to touch her auburn locks in horror. They expected to put that monstrosity of outdated fashion and poor hygiene on her precious head? Her hair was her best feature! Her crowning beauty! Frantically, she looked around for some way out of this conundrum, but the line of first years continued to advance. Merlin only knew how many of them had lice, dandruff, even fleas... This has to violate her human rights. They couldn't just force her to put on some grotesque old hat, which seemed to be reading minds, at that! She hadn't consented to this sort of invasive procedure! Oh, heads were going to roll after this, she thought darkly. She was going to write the Board of Governors personally to demand they do something about this. She was going to- And then her name was being called.

OOC:
DRAMATIC
xxx»» Rosamund is an inherently dramatic person. Life is more fun when you pretend to take everything very seriously, and really take nothing seriously at all. While not all of her melodramatics, pouting, and glee is an elaborate act, she sometimes is completely divorced from her genuine first reactions because she's so conscious of an audience at all times. Rarely does one see the 'real' unembellished Rosa in the wild; she has way too much fun putting on a show.

SELF-CENTERED
xxx»» Rosamund is a very self-absorbed individual. She tends to put herself and her own feelings and desires first and foremost, not necessarily out of spite or greed but because she often just forgets to think about other people and their personal concerns. She can sometimes fall into the trap of believing she is the only 'real' person- the star of the show, the main character. This often comes back to bite her when others do not cooperate or react to her whims as she'd envisioned.

OBSERVANT
xxx»» When she puts her mind to it, Rosamund can be very observant. She's very good at mimicking others, from their voices to their general personality traits, and she knows how to switch into different personas to get what she wants. It's not as though she has entirely different personalities, she's just much more adaptable than most would assume of her at first glance, and she is capable of changing with the wind, even if she won't be happy to do so.

FASHIONABLE
xxx»» Rosa prides herself on her fashion sense, and not only that, but being 'up' on trends in general. She takes great pride in her physical appearance, from her hair to her clothes, and expects other to do so as well. She can be quite judgmental and snotty because of this, often making assumptions about people based on how they carry themselves or what clothes they wear, and it is difficult for her to accept that it's really what's inside that matters, not the shiny exteriors.

IMPULSIVE
xxx»» Rosamund is incredibly impulsive and can be very reckless and careless both with herself and others. She doesn't tend to think things through and prefers to improvise on the spot rather than actually plan things out. While this sometimes works in her favor, as she's quite quick-witted and eloquent, other times it falls flat and results in a big mess for her and others to clean up. She often has unrealistic expectations of what experiences or people will be like, and is quite vocal with her disappointment when things don't measure up.

IMPRACTICAL
xxx»» Rosamund is not a very practical or grounded person. She often lives in a fantasy world that revolves around her and her wants and needs, and fails to take things such as money, time, and other people's independent wills into account. While she dreams big, big dreams don't usually pan out, to her dismay, and she has a hard time accepting that if she wants incredible things to happen to her, she's going to have to put some work in beyond just wishing on a star or waiting for the right moment to arrive
Username

Colors surround them
Bejeweling their hair
Visions astound them
Demanding their share.
Children of Orpheus
Called by the dove

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:13 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                            You're payin'? Is the 𝖆𝖒𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙 cleanin' you out? Am I 𝓈𝒶𝓉𝒾𝓈𝒻𝒶𝒸𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎?
                                                            Today, I'm ƚʜiᴎʞiᴎ' about the ₜₕᵢₙgₛ that are ԃҽαԃʅყ
                                                            The way I'm
                                                            ɖʀɨռӄɨռ' you 🄳🄾🅆🄽
                                                            Like I wanna ɭᎴᏒᎧᏇᏁ like I wanna ΣПD me

Titus was highly distracted by the grandeur of the great hall. Now this is what he was expecting when he heard their school was going to be in a castle. He wanted extravagance, flourish, beauty. This was definitely it. But then he saw the sorting hat and did his best to keep the ick off his face. He didn't want to be sharing a hat with a bunch of other students, and by the looks of it the hat hadn't been washed in ages either. Why couldn't everything just be up to his standards? That's all he asked. When his name was called, he walked forward, and sat on the stool and did his best not to grimace as the hat was placed on his head. "Slytherin please...." he whispered hopefully.

■ DETERMINED Titus is always trying to do his best, and be the best. He will put in any amount of work if it means getting to where he wants to be. He is very resolute and rarely changes his mind about his goals and where he's headed. He is always looking for a way to succeed, no matter the cost.
                                                            ■ GOAL ORIENTED Everything Ty does has to do with his goals and where he sees himself in the future. He knows that hard work and never stopping is the way to get to where you want to be. He isn't afraid to do something less than kind if it means it will get him where he needs to be, but he always tries to get what he needs without hurting others.
                                                            ■ CLEVER Ty is clever. He can read people and their motivations easily, and he knows how to use that to his advantage. He quickly figures out things, and how to use that to bring his ideas to fruition and is always the one coming up with extravagant and strange ideas to entertain himself throughout the day. Everything he does is very extra.
                                                            ■ OBSEQUIOUS Titus has an inherent need to please the people he cares about. He is terrified of disappointing his parents and will follow their rules and orders to a tee. He does everything in his power to make sure he is exactly what they want in a son, and any time he can't live up to his own ridiculous inner standards he feels like an absolute failure.
                                                            ■ CREATIVE Titus has a very wild imagination and loves to create things from it, whether it be in painting, wood working, or acting. He likes to bring to life his own inner world, and definitely thinks he is the most important person in any room... well maybe second to Rosa, but she was ten times more extra than him. He thinks of his life as a two man play where he and Rosa are the stars, and everyone else are extras.
                                                            ■ CONFIDENT Confidence is not even a big enough word to encompass Ty's ego. He thinks of himself first and foremost and then his sister next. Everyone else registers far lower than them. He is known to not even notice others in the room unless they are in some way helping him or making him look even better. He thinks he is more attractive, better spoken, and more interesting than most of the population, and doesn't understand when others don't agree.

What had you ҽxρҽƈƚҽԃ?
                                                            Me to make you my ǟʀȶ and make you a Ştคr?
                                                            I'll meet you in the park, I'll be
                                                            ¢αℓм and ¢ðllꢆêÐ
                                                            But we knew
                                                            尺丨Ꮆ卄ㄒfrom the ʂէąɾէ that you'd ̴f̴a̴l̴l̴ ̴ apart
                                                            'Cause I'm too
                                                            ̷ ̷e̷x̷p̷e̷n̷s̷i̷v̷e̷

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games