Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

I dreamed I was missing. You were so scared
                                                        After my dreaming, I woke with this fear

What am I leaving

When I'm done here?

Dakota didn't really care about all this ceremony stuff. He made his way to the front with the rest of the first years, and then stood sullenly as names were called. Of course with a last name like Addario it didn't take long for his name to be called. Which was the one good thing about this whole ordeal. When the hat was placed on his head, he waited silently. He didn't really care where he went. He knew his parents and sister would love him no matter what.

■ SMART Dakota, like his mother, is very smart. He learns things very quickly and tends to just generally 'get' things with only a little bit of practice and/or study. He also tends to get bored which leads to him wanting to learn more and more.
                                                        ■ LOYAL Dakota will always put his family and friends first. He doesn't care what measures have to be taken, if it means protecting those he cares about he will do it. Good, bad it doesn't matter as long as its for his people.
                                                        ■ DEMANDING Kota has high standards for himself and others and always wants to meet them. When he wants something he has to have it, and can be a bit of a spoiled brat at times. Despite his parents best efforts to train this out of him, it hasn't seemed to work.
                                                        ■ SULLEN Kota can have a very bad temper and attitude. He tends to sulk and just be kind of gloomy and grumpy most of the time even when good things happen. He also gets angry pretty easily which tends to get him into trouble.
                                                        ■ QUIET In general Dakota is quiet. He doesn't like to chit chat or have conversations, and would much prefer a book over a person any day. When someone flips his trigger though he will shout and yell and throw things (or punch things) but until that trigger is flipped, he tends to keep to himself.
                                                        ■ DETERMINED Kota has a lot of resolve. Once he sets his mind to something he will always work towards it until it has been achieved. He doesn't like to lose or fail and is always trying to be the best he can be.

When my time comes
                                                        Forget the wrong that I've done

Help me leave behind some
                                                        Reasons to be missed

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:19 pm
User ImageUser Image

I scream at myself when there's nobody else to fight
                                                        I don't lose, I don't win, if I'm wrong, then I'm halfway right

All you said to do was slow down
                                                        But I was already gone

Valeria all but skipped to the front of the Great Hall, mesmerized by the amazing ceiling. She was so distracted by everything around her, the cieling, the tables, the other studens, that she almost didn't hear her name called. When she realized that they had indeed said Valeria Diarmid, she gasped a little. She made her way to the stool at an almost run and plopped down on it so quickly it almost tipped over. When the hat was placed on her head she grinned. "Hello sorting hat. Lovely to meet you! I do hope you find a good place for me!"

■ AMBITIOUS Valeria has always been rather goal oriented. She isn't afraid to put her all into her goals, and try her hardest to get what she wants. She refuses to let anything get in the way of her once she sets her mind to it.
                                                        ■ SCATTERBRAINED Despite being goal oriented, Val finds it hard to keep everything straight. She is very disorganized and has about a million notes everywhere to try and remind herself of everything she needs to do. She is constantly forgetting her chores, her books, her homework, etc because she's more preoccupied with the next big thing.
                                                        ■ ENTHUSIASTIC Valeria is always ready to party, and is up for pretty much anything. She'll always be the one saying yes to a midnight stroll, or a dip in the lake, even if it's the worst idea you could come up with. Anything that is even a bit fun, will have her interested. Even things less fun and more dangerous will grab her attention.
                                                        ■ SELF-RELIANT Val is very self-reliant. Her mother was always a bit of an air head and her aunt, uncle, and grandparents were always flitting in and out of her life as they traveled, leaving Val to mostly take care of herself from a young age. She learned how to cook, clean, do laundry, and other mundane things. Because of this she has found herself unable to rely on other people for very much.
                                                        ■ TROUBLEMAKER Valeria is very much a troublemaker. She loves to see just how many rules she can break before she gets caught, and anything that might cause a little chaos sounds like fun to her. Of course in her family, she could do quite a bit before anyone ever noticed, leading to bigger and bigger troubles.
                                                        ■ RESTLESS Like her mother before her, she is restless. Val always wants to be doing something, or going somewhere. Sitting doing nothing, or doing anything that requires her to stay still for long periods of time causes her to get anxious and annoyed.

Told me, "Kid, you're going way too fast
                                                        You burn too bright, you know you'll never last"

It was bullshit then, I guess it makes sense now
                                                        Here I am, standing all alone

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:02 pm
User Image
Harmony Aindrias
First year Unsorted

▬▬"We need, in every community, a group of angelic troublemakers."▬▬

Harmony was excited to finally be in Hogwarts, sure it was not the most ideal way (via ship. Train was fine, but SHIPS), but it was great. She had spent the entire train ride over plotting different pranks with Aire, and talking about Hogwarts and all it had to offer. She was sad to be off of the ship, but magic! When her name was called she grinned and walked as quickly as she could, blue hair swaying behind her. She sat down and had the hat placed on her head, "A future of pranks galore awaits! Where will I sit to start my 7 year adventure of Hogwarts, Sorting Hat?" She had hoped that she would be sorted into Gryffindor with Aire, but being in Ravenclaw tower would be cool too, just an open sky between them. But in Slytherin she could see the lake, that was kinda like the ocean...were there squids in the lake? Oh, Harmony hoped not. Hufflepuff, probably wouldn't be bad either, well, the hat would know best, wouldn't it?

Rebellious At a young age, this was simply pulling small pranks, tripping people, moving a shoe to the left, nothing harmful. All that mattered, if she rebelled against those near her and they stuck around...maybe they wouldn’t leave her.
Distrusting Harmony does not trust easily. After being given up, she decided she would never trust again. It takes a lot to make her trust someone, and even then it’s only max 40% trusting.
Bighearted Harmony wants to be kind and generous, to give to those who help her. There are slight leanings toward this just being to where she doesn’t want to owe anyone any favors.
Serene Harmony usually has a calm sense about her, she was not running around yelling, no she didn’t have any disturbances. It was what it was, and that’s all she could do. Of course, she wasn't’ always like this, but after her adoption, it was better that way.
Potean Harmony acts much like the sea, sometimes it’s calm, other times it’s a storm. Usually, you can see the storm brewing though, one should probably avoid the storm at any chance.
Adventurous Harmony loves the thrill of adventure, going out seeking new places. She wants to take risks, whether she should or shouldn’t (i.e. probably shouldn’t have risked being on deck before a storm, but the thrill!)

▬▬"That's me, the angelic one. The Angelic Troublemakers, has a nice ring to it."▬▬

Where:
With Whom:
Thinking about:
Wearing:
OOC: Open for Interaction

_____

_____

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

Miss GryffindorK
User Image

I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs sᴛʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I sᴀɪᴅ I'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ
Wʜᴇɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡs ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀɪᴅ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ, ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ᴏɴ ғɪʀᴇ
Tʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴏʀ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ʀᴀɢɪɴɢ ᴏɴ
Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄs ɢᴏɴᴇ

Tzuki was lucky that Archie found her, especially because he didn't mind her holding his hand as they followed the teachers. Once they were inside, the girl was glad that it was relatively quiet. Their footsteps echoed in a way that betrayed the sheer size of the room - and the castle - they were standing in. Hopefully she'd learn her way quickly. The professor stopped them, mentioning the sorting, house points, and, of course, a happy welcome. At least the two adults she'd met that far were pretty nice...

After the doors opened, the first years were ushered into a loud room. Of course it was loud! She nervously squeezed Archie's hand, trying to figure out what was going on. Professor Harlowe's voice spoke up again, this time further away - but louder. She explained again the process, then began calling names. It was just a couple in when Tzuki realized they were going alphabetically. And her last name started with Z. Wonderful. Luckily for her, Archie's name was also late in the alphabet, and he walked her to the front of the line when his name was called, that way she'd have less distance. When he removed his hand, the girl felt rather nervous again.

Once her own name was called, Tzuki took a hesitant step forward, luckily to have someone step over and take her hand. It was Professor Harlowe, and Tzu was grateful for the woman's kindness. Moving to sit upon the stool, Tzuki felt the hat sit on her head, and down a way. They really should get a bit smaller of a hat, given it was for sorting eleven year olds. Either way, she'd been told what was to happen, so she wanted to do this right. "Hello there, Sorting Hat. Can I ask how you work, or would you just say something vague? I certainly want to know how everything works, but this seems a good place to start."

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxFʀɪᴇɴᴅʟʏ:
                                                                  Despite never having a chance to make friends, Tzuki is outwardly happy and polite to anyone she meets. She tries to befriend anyone from grown ups to little kids to stray animals. It's hard to be extroverted without an outlet, but she tries her best.

xxxxxAᴍʙɪᴛɪᴏᴜs:
                                                                  Whether it's learning guitar in secret or plotting pranks, Tzuki always wants to be better than herself. She loves to try and improve upon herself, proving to the world that she had the drive to be the very best.

xxxxxHᴀʀᴅ-Wᴏʀᴋɪɴɢ:
                                                                  Going hand in hand with her ambitious nature, Tzuki is an incredibly hard worker. She follows through on anything she does until it's the best she can make it. She's determined to be the best she can, and will work to show it.

xxxxxEɴᴇʀɢᴇᴛɪᴄ:
                                                                  Despite being blind, Tzuki isn't one to sit still. She loves to get up and run and play, making the most fun out of her days. When she's not stuck in lessons, you can bet she's running around, either outside or in.

xxxxxCᴜʀɪᴏᴜs:
                                                                  Part to do with being blind, Tzuki has always had a wild curiosity. She loves to investigate anything she can get her hands on and loves to learn in a hands-on way.

xxxxxSɴᴇᴀᴋʏ:
                                                                  Thanks to her enhanced hearing, Tzuki has gotten really good at sneaking around almost silently. Unfortunately, if she's in a new environment she's a lot clumsier than she should be. Once she knows her paths she can slip by unnoticed, though sometimes she overestimates the amount of dark surrounding her.

—————————————————————————
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Professor Harlowe, Sorting Hat
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Getting Sorted!
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I wonder what else I'll learn?
                                                                  —————————————————————————

Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴀғᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴜɴᴅ
Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴀғᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴜɴᴅ

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
You can of course ask, my dear
Though we've not much time
I just take a peek inside your head to see what's what
Then I figure out what'll suit you
Hm, and I think, in your case, it's most certainly

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:12 pm
The Sorting Hat

Kungfudemoness

Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here

Phee was interested in all the sights as they went up to the castle. There was so much to take in! He stuck by his fellow first-years and made sure not to fall behind. They made it up to some very big doors and stopped. Phee could hear the dull roar of people behind it. Oh, no was everyone behind that door? The train platform was big enough and that was only so many people. Would they look at him as they went in? Phee didn’t like that idea at all. The doors opened revealing what phee was worried about. The whole school was here and likely looking at them. Couldn’t they just sort them out here and then quietly join the tables? That felt like a better idea. Phee tried to keep up but also hidden. He did peek to try and spot Eion and Max and waved in his usual timid way back to them. He also couldn’t help but look at all the candles and the sky...wait the sky? Oh, ceiling sky? This was a lot. Phee was tempted to go back and hide on the other side of the big door but he knew that drew more unwanted attention. He was told there would be a big meal and as long as he made it to that he would be fine. Maybe there will be cheesy chicken, his favorite…

Soon they stopped and Phee peeked through others to see an old hat. How old was that hat? Did mamma and dad wear it when they were his age? It must be a smart hat then. Watching the first kid go up he watched to make sure he knew what to do in case he panicked. Well, when he panicked if he hadn’t already. Oh! It talked too. Hopefully, it was a nice talking hat. Phee took his time trying to steel his nerves to walk up there the loud cheers made him cover his ears as they were quite startling. Clapping was fine but he really hated yelling, it made him scared more than nervous. Hearing his name made him squeak a bit in surprise. He timidly approached the stool and looked to the teacher lady for some reassurance before sitting on the stool. Oh no, now he was definitely the center of attention. He could almost feel everyone staring and it made his skin crawl ‘Please Mr. hat put me somewhere nice and quiet, maybe somewhere where I won’t seem weird?...’ Phee thought, wondering if it was a mind-reading hat.

SHY Phoenix prefers to not interact with others. He is never sure if what he says is the right thing. As such he avoids conversations.
                                                                              WITHDRAWN Phoenix prefers the company of himself only he not a fan of crowds or people in general. He is most happy alone.
                                                                              GENTLE Phoenix is careful with everything. He handles thing softly and talks the same way too
                                                                              ALOOF Phoenix has his head in the clouds and is usually daydreaming he comes across as distracted and about half the time he is.
                                                                              SKITTISH Phoenix dislikes loud noises and surprises. He hates suddenly being thrust into situations
                                                                              CURIOUS Phoenix likes to discover new things and when a topic interests him he obsesses over gathering information on the topic. He loves to learn

I'll spread my wings, and I'll learn how to fly
                                                                              I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky
                                                                              And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change
                                                                              And breakaway

null

null

null

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Won't be weird? You're in luck, child
Weird is the norm here at Hogwarts, I'd say
But, if it's friends you want, you'll do best in

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:15 pm
The Sorting Hat

Kungfudemoness
User Image

I guess I'm learning, I must be warmer now
                                                            I'll soon be turning, round the corner now
                                                            Outside the dawn is breaking
                                                            But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free

Archie was glad Tzuki recognized him, he wouldn’t have thought ill if she hadn’t. But he was glad to have made an impression he had quite enjoyed the hike up to the school more so than others. He offered to help Tzuki who seemed somewhat nervous. Others looked tired and one kid looked like he might barf. The doors opened showing the whole school and the absolute coolest room! Look at all the candles and sky! Fancy dishes! Kinda like the ones they pulled out for fancy visitors! While knowing the answer was magic he still was curious how dinner would arrive. He had a sandwich lunch and candy but that was ages ago.

He had plenty of time to wait as his name was pretty far down in the alphabet so he whispered what was going on to Tzuki and let her know of all the wonderful things. Soon it was his turn. He politely let go of Tzuki’s hand to go up to the stool. He sat down and waited for the hat to decide where he was supposed to be

AMBITIOUS Archie is always trying to be better at whatever he does. He never settles on second place. He aims to be the best.
                                                                                        THRIFTY Archie always looks for a good deal on something. He learned to sew to avoid buying new clothes and learned the wonders that duct tape can fix. It doest have to look pretty if if is saves you trouble and money
                                                                                        CUNNING when Archie wants something done he gets it done. When running a lemonade stand he would try to convince his competition to relocate to make sure he could make enough.
                                                                                        PROTECTIVE He's always looking out for his friends and family. He tries to make sure no one he cares about is hurting.
                                                                                        STRAIGHTFORWARD he's not one to mince words. If he doesn't like you he will tell you right away. He not shy in sharing his opinion.
                                                                                        CARING Archie doesn't like to see people or really anything hurt. Even when trying to cut competition he tries to make sure others don't suffer either.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies
                                                                                        Fairy tales of yesterday, grow but never die
                                                                                        I can fly, my friends

null
                                                                                        null

Well now, let's see what we have here
A good friend, honest and compassionate
With a keen eye and quick mind
Hm... A difficult choice, to be sure
But I'd like to see what you'll accomplish in

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:18 pm
The Sorting Hat

The Forgotten Weasley
Understand the things I say
Don't turn away from me
'Cause I spent half my life out there
You wouldn't disagree
D'you see me, d'you see

User Image
M U R I G E N
G R A C E
S E A G R A V E

PUREBLOODUNSORTEDFIRST YEAR

Murgo's father didn't much see the point in clouding the Sorting with mystery for her, so she knew well enough to expect. Unlike some of the other first years, she suspected, who seemed more than a little baffled, or even afraid. Murgo wasn't scared as she entered the Great Hall with the rest, but she'd be lying if she said she wasn't nervous either. Not about which house she ended up in; she knew Dad didn't care either way, but just about going up in front of everyone. What if she was a hat stall, and it took minutes instead of seconds for her to be sorted? What if the Hat said something really cutting to her while it was sorting her? Mostly she was tired and hungry and anxious to get it over with, but her S surname wasn't helping matters. By the time she was called up, Murgo was almost too impatient to be as nervous, and quickly approached the professor holding the Hat without a backwards glance. Hopefully this would be very quick, and then she could eat her dinner. That candy from the train was not tiding her over well.

OOC:
COMPASSIONATE
xxx»» Murgo is an extremely compassionate and soft-hearted person. She's a sucker for a good cause and inclined to believe the best of people- at least until they give her reason to think otherwise. Her brother often rolls his eyes at her sentimental nature and tendency to always sympathize with the underdog, but ultimately it makes Murgo a very caring person, even said caring comes back to bite her or people disappoint her hopes. Ultimately she would rather try to help someone and fail than do nothing at all and regret it.

DETERMINED
xxx»» Murgo is very determined and stubborn. Once she sets her mind to something, her strong will and hardheadedness takes over, and she's set on seeing it through. This can be very exasperating for others as it's hard to get her to give up on something or even take a different, more easier path. She has no qualms about clashing with authority figures and she often gets too caught up in her own struggle to be recognized, forgetting entirely about the bigger picture for the sake of her wounded pride.

PROTECTIVE
xxx»» Murgo is by nature a very protective person. She's defensive and highly loyal to her friends, and is already ready to step in and defend the little guy, even when they don't need her help. Her brother compares her to a mother hen with a bad habit of picking up strays, but Murgo is in truth someone who can't stand the thought of seeing someone else be hurt or pushed aside when she could be there to help them. This can come across as very overbearing or even patronizing at times when she forgets to reign it in.

SELF-RIGHTEOUS
xxx»» Murgo has a huge self-righteous streak. It's difficult for her to admit when she's wrong and she has a big problem with letting go of a grudge in order to make peace, even when she can't even remember what the grudge was over in the first place. She always wants to feel right, and while she usually has good intentions, that doesn't mean she always goes about things in the most productive manner. She can be very standoffish and sullen when she feels she's been wronged and she isn't always the most effective team player because of it.

RESPONSIBLE
xxx»» Since the death of her mother when she was young and her father's depression following it, Murgo had to step up into a more parental role than she was accustomed to, despite being the younger sibling. Because of this she was always remarked upon as being 'very mature for her age' and 'very serious' for a child. This isn't necessarily a great thing; while she is very responsible in terms of being organized and hard-working, she forgot how to lighten up and just relax in the process, always used to having to worry about something.

INTUITIVE
xxx»» Murgo isn't necessarily the most 'book smart' person out there, but she is very skilled with the more hands-on subjects, and she's good at following her gut and listening to her instincts. She learns by doing and practicing and once she knows something, she never forgets it. She's able to keep calm even when under stress and work things through in her mind- for Murgo, slow and steady really does win the race
Username

Unhappiness, where's when I was young
And we didn't give a damn
'Cause we were raised
To see life as a fun and take it if we can

Ah, a bit impatient, are we?
I'll try to make this quick, then
A strong sense of morals, strong backbone
Quite like the knights of old, eh? Well then,

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:21 pm
The Sorting Hat

The Forgotten Weasley
Strange young girls
Covered with sadness
Eyes of innocence
Hiding their madness.
Walking the strip
Sweet, soft, and placid

User Image
я σ ѕ α м υ η ∂
¢ σ я ∂ є ℓ ι α
ℓ ι ℓ ℓ α η т ι η є

υηѕσятє∂ │ ρυяєвℓσσ∂ │ ƒιяѕт уєαя

Rosamund was transfixed first by delight when she gazed upon the Great Hall's starry ceiling, dotted with floating candles- what marvelous set design- and then by disgust, when she realized via exactly what mechanism they would be sorted. Her hand came up to touch her auburn locks in horror. They expected to put that monstrosity of outdated fashion and poor hygiene on her precious head? Her hair was her best feature! Her crowning beauty! Frantically, she looked around for some way out of this conundrum, but the line of first years continued to advance. Merlin only knew how many of them had lice, dandruff, even fleas... This has to violate her human rights. They couldn't just force her to put on some grotesque old hat, which seemed to be reading minds, at that! She hadn't consented to this sort of invasive procedure! Oh, heads were going to roll after this, she thought darkly. She was going to write the Board of Governors personally to demand they do something about this. She was going to- And then her name was being called.

OOC:
DRAMATIC
xxx»» Rosamund is an inherently dramatic person. Life is more fun when you pretend to take everything very seriously, and really take nothing seriously at all. While not all of her melodramatics, pouting, and glee is an elaborate act, she sometimes is completely divorced from her genuine first reactions because she's so conscious of an audience at all times. Rarely does one see the 'real' unembellished Rosa in the wild; she has way too much fun putting on a show.

SELF-CENTERED
xxx»» Rosamund is a very self-absorbed individual. She tends to put herself and her own feelings and desires first and foremost, not necessarily out of spite or greed but because she often just forgets to think about other people and their personal concerns. She can sometimes fall into the trap of believing she is the only 'real' person- the star of the show, the main character. This often comes back to bite her when others do not cooperate or react to her whims as she'd envisioned.

OBSERVANT
xxx»» When she puts her mind to it, Rosamund can be very observant. She's very good at mimicking others, from their voices to their general personality traits, and she knows how to switch into different personas to get what she wants. It's not as though she has entirely different personalities, she's just much more adaptable than most would assume of her at first glance, and she is capable of changing with the wind, even if she won't be happy to do so.

FASHIONABLE
xxx»» Rosa prides herself on her fashion sense, and not only that, but being 'up' on trends in general. She takes great pride in her physical appearance, from her hair to her clothes, and expects other to do so as well. She can be quite judgmental and snotty because of this, often making assumptions about people based on how they carry themselves or what clothes they wear, and it is difficult for her to accept that it's really what's inside that matters, not the shiny exteriors.

IMPULSIVE
xxx»» Rosamund is incredibly impulsive and can be very reckless and careless both with herself and others. She doesn't tend to think things through and prefers to improvise on the spot rather than actually plan things out. While this sometimes works in her favor, as she's quite quick-witted and eloquent, other times it falls flat and results in a big mess for her and others to clean up. She often has unrealistic expectations of what experiences or people will be like, and is quite vocal with her disappointment when things don't measure up.

IMPRACTICAL
xxx»» Rosamund is not a very practical or grounded person. She often lives in a fantasy world that revolves around her and her wants and needs, and fails to take things such as money, time, and other people's independent wills into account. While she dreams big, big dreams don't usually pan out, to her dismay, and she has a hard time accepting that if she wants incredible things to happen to her, she's going to have to put some work in beyond just wishing on a star or waiting for the right moment to arrive
Username

Colors surround them
Bejeweling their hair
Visions astound them
Demanding their share.
Children of Orpheus
Called by the dove

You're lucky I'm so old, my dear,
Not so wise to insult the one who decides your fate
But, I am not so petty as to punish you for it
Now then, I know just where to put you

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:30 pm
The Sorting Hat

Devlyn Maycry
User ImageUser Image
                                                            You're payin'? Is the 𝖆𝖒𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙 cleanin' you out? Am I 𝓈𝒶𝓉𝒾𝓈𝒻𝒶𝒸𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎?
                                                            Today, I'm ƚʜiᴎʞiᴎ' about the ₜₕᵢₙgₛ that are ԃҽαԃʅყ
                                                            The way I'm
                                                            ɖʀɨռӄɨռ' you 🄳🄾🅆🄽
                                                            Like I wanna ɭᎴᏒᎧᏇᏁ like I wanna ΣПD me

Titus was highly distracted by the grandeur of the great hall. Now this is what he was expecting when he heard their school was going to be in a castle. He wanted extravagance, flourish, beauty. This was definitely it. But then he saw the sorting hat and did his best to keep the ick off his face. He didn't want to be sharing a hat with a bunch of other students, and by the looks of it the hat hadn't been washed in ages either. Why couldn't everything just be up to his standards? That's all he asked. When his name was called, he walked forward, and sat on the stool and did his best not to grimace as the hat was placed on his head. "Slytherin please...." he whispered hopefully.

■ DETERMINED Titus is always trying to do his best, and be the best. He will put in any amount of work if it means getting to where he wants to be. He is very resolute and rarely changes his mind about his goals and where he's headed. He is always looking for a way to succeed, no matter the cost.
                                                            ■ GOAL ORIENTED Everything Ty does has to do with his goals and where he sees himself in the future. He knows that hard work and never stopping is the way to get to where you want to be. He isn't afraid to do something less than kind if it means it will get him where he needs to be, but he always tries to get what he needs without hurting others.
                                                            ■ CLEVER Ty is clever. He can read people and their motivations easily, and he knows how to use that to his advantage. He quickly figures out things, and how to use that to bring his ideas to fruition and is always the one coming up with extravagant and strange ideas to entertain himself throughout the day. Everything he does is very extra.
                                                            ■ OBSEQUIOUS Titus has an inherent need to please the people he cares about. He is terrified of disappointing his parents and will follow their rules and orders to a tee. He does everything in his power to make sure he is exactly what they want in a son, and any time he can't live up to his own ridiculous inner standards he feels like an absolute failure.
                                                            ■ CREATIVE Titus has a very wild imagination and loves to create things from it, whether it be in painting, wood working, or acting. He likes to bring to life his own inner world, and definitely thinks he is the most important person in any room... well maybe second to Rosa, but she was ten times more extra than him. He thinks of his life as a two man play where he and Rosa are the stars, and everyone else are extras.
                                                            ■ CONFIDENT Confidence is not even a big enough word to encompass Ty's ego. He thinks of himself first and foremost and then his sister next. Everyone else registers far lower than them. He is known to not even notice others in the room unless they are in some way helping him or making him look even better. He thinks he is more attractive, better spoken, and more interesting than most of the population, and doesn't understand when others don't agree.

What had you ҽxρҽƈƚҽԃ?
                                                            Me to make you my ǟʀȶ and make you a Ştคr?
                                                            I'll meet you in the park, I'll be
                                                            ¢αℓм and ¢ðllꢆêÐ
                                                            But we knew
                                                            尺丨Ꮆ卄ㄒfrom the ʂէąɾէ that you'd ̴f̴a̴l̴l̴ ̴ apart
                                                            'Cause I'm too
                                                            ̷ ̷e̷x̷p̷e̷n̷s̷i̷v̷e̷

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

After a day of travel, I wager I'm cleaner than you, boy
I've said it to your sister already
Be more mindful when dealing with those that have power over you
Not all will be as willing to forgive as I am
Now then, if you're so sure

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:32 pm
The Sorting Hat

Devlyn Maycry
User ImageUser Image

I dreamed I was missing. You were so scared
                                                        After my dreaming, I woke with this fear

What am I leaving

When I'm done here?

Dakota didn't really care about all this ceremony stuff. He made his way to the front with the rest of the first years, and then stood sullenly as names were called. Of course with a last name like Addario it didn't take long for his name to be called. Which was the one good thing about this whole ordeal. When the hat was placed on his head, he waited silently. He didn't really care where he went. He knew his parents and sister would love him no matter what.

■ SMART Dakota, like his mother, is very smart. He learns things very quickly and tends to just generally 'get' things with only a little bit of practice and/or study. He also tends to get bored which leads to him wanting to learn more and more.
                                                        ■ LOYAL Dakota will always put his family and friends first. He doesn't care what measures have to be taken, if it means protecting those he cares about he will do it. Good, bad it doesn't matter as long as its for his people.
                                                        ■ DEMANDING Kota has high standards for himself and others and always wants to meet them. When he wants something he has to have it, and can be a bit of a spoiled brat at times. Despite his parents best efforts to train this out of him, it hasn't seemed to work.
                                                        ■ SULLEN Kota can have a very bad temper and attitude. He tends to sulk and just be kind of gloomy and grumpy most of the time even when good things happen. He also gets angry pretty easily which tends to get him into trouble.
                                                        ■ QUIET In general Dakota is quiet. He doesn't like to chit chat or have conversations, and would much prefer a book over a person any day. When someone flips his trigger though he will shout and yell and throw things (or punch things) but until that trigger is flipped, he tends to keep to himself.
                                                        ■ DETERMINED Kota has a lot of resolve. Once he sets his mind to something he will always work towards it until it has been achieved. He doesn't like to lose or fail and is always trying to be the best he can be.

When my time comes
                                                        Forget the wrong that I've done

Help me leave behind some
                                                        Reasons to be missed

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not too invested in the drama of it all, are you?
Well, that's just fine, I know just where to put you.

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:34 pm
The Sorting Hat

Devlyn Maycry
User ImageUser Image

I scream at myself when there's nobody else to fight
                                                        I don't lose, I don't win, if I'm wrong, then I'm halfway right

All you said to do was slow down
                                                        But I was already gone

Valeria all but skipped to the front of the Great Hall, mesmerized by the amazing ceiling. She was so distracted by everything around her, the cieling, the tables, the other studens, that she almost didn't hear her name called. When she realized that they had indeed said Valeria Diarmid, she gasped a little. She made her way to the stool at an almost run and plopped down on it so quickly it almost tipped over. When the hat was placed on her head she grinned. "Hello sorting hat. Lovely to meet you! I do hope you find a good place for me!"

■ AMBITIOUS Valeria has always been rather goal oriented. She isn't afraid to put her all into her goals, and try her hardest to get what she wants. She refuses to let anything get in the way of her once she sets her mind to it.
                                                        ■ SCATTERBRAINED Despite being goal oriented, Val finds it hard to keep everything straight. She is very disorganized and has about a million notes everywhere to try and remind herself of everything she needs to do. She is constantly forgetting her chores, her books, her homework, etc because she's more preoccupied with the next big thing.
                                                        ■ ENTHUSIASTIC Valeria is always ready to party, and is up for pretty much anything. She'll always be the one saying yes to a midnight stroll, or a dip in the lake, even if it's the worst idea you could come up with. Anything that is even a bit fun, will have her interested. Even things less fun and more dangerous will grab her attention.
                                                        ■ SELF-RELIANT Val is very self-reliant. Her mother was always a bit of an air head and her aunt, uncle, and grandparents were always flitting in and out of her life as they traveled, leaving Val to mostly take care of herself from a young age. She learned how to cook, clean, do laundry, and other mundane things. Because of this she has found herself unable to rely on other people for very much.
                                                        ■ TROUBLEMAKER Valeria is very much a troublemaker. She loves to see just how many rules she can break before she gets caught, and anything that might cause a little chaos sounds like fun to her. Of course in her family, she could do quite a bit before anyone ever noticed, leading to bigger and bigger troubles.
                                                        ■ RESTLESS Like her mother before her, she is restless. Val always wants to be doing something, or going somewhere. Sitting doing nothing, or doing anything that requires her to stay still for long periods of time causes her to get anxious and annoyed.

Told me, "Kid, you're going way too fast
                                                        You burn too bright, you know you'll never last"

It was bullshit then, I guess it makes sense now
                                                        Here I am, standing all alone

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Lovely to meet you, too, my dear
Now then, let's see here
High energy and with an adventurous spirit,
You'll do well in

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:37 pm
The Sorting Hat

Stefan Lee Salvatore
User Image
Harmony Aindrias
First year Unsorted

▬▬"We need, in every community, a group of angelic troublemakers."▬▬

Harmony was excited to finally be in Hogwarts, sure it was not the most ideal way (via ship. Train was fine, but SHIPS), but it was great. She had spent the entire train ride over plotting different pranks with Aire, and talking about Hogwarts and all it had to offer. She was sad to be off of the ship, but magic! When her name was called she grinned and walked as quickly as she could, blue hair swaying behind her. She sat down and had the hat placed on her head, "A future of pranks galore awaits! Where will I sit to start my 7 year adventure of Hogwarts, Sorting Hat?" She had hoped that she would be sorted into Gryffindor with Aire, but being in Ravenclaw tower would be cool too, just an open sky between them. But in Slytherin she could see the lake, that was kinda like the ocean...were there squids in the lake? Oh, Harmony hoped not. Hufflepuff, probably wouldn't be bad either, well, the hat would know best, wouldn't it?

Rebellious At a young age, this was simply pulling small pranks, tripping people, moving a shoe to the left, nothing harmful. All that mattered, if she rebelled against those near her and they stuck around...maybe they wouldn’t leave her.
Distrusting Harmony does not trust easily. After being given up, she decided she would never trust again. It takes a lot to make her trust someone, and even then it’s only max 40% trusting.
Bighearted Harmony wants to be kind and generous, to give to those who help her. There are slight leanings toward this just being to where she doesn’t want to owe anyone any favors.
Serene Harmony usually has a calm sense about her, she was not running around yelling, no she didn’t have any disturbances. It was what it was, and that’s all she could do. Of course, she wasn't’ always like this, but after her adoption, it was better that way.
Potean Harmony acts much like the sea, sometimes it’s calm, other times it’s a storm. Usually, you can see the storm brewing though, one should probably avoid the storm at any chance.
Adventurous Harmony loves the thrill of adventure, going out seeking new places. She wants to take risks, whether she should or shouldn’t (i.e. probably shouldn’t have risked being on deck before a storm, but the thrill!)

▬▬"That's me, the angelic one. The Angelic Troublemakers, has a nice ring to it."▬▬

Where:
With Whom:
Thinking about:
Wearing:
OOC: Open for Interaction

_____

_____

Pranks galore, eh? Good thing for you I'm not one to snitch
I'm sure you'll be quite a handful for the professors
Your Head of House will need a good sense of humor for sure
Better be

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:59 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hogwarts - Great Hall
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Everyone???
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Is this hat going to electrocute my brain?

Jordan was... rather nervous about attending school here. On one hand, it was a great adventure, on the other... he already missed his family. They were headed back to Norway, and he never felt further away. He adjusted his annoyingly formal clothes, looking around the huge room. There were people everywhere, though the students were divided into four long tables. There was also a long table at the front filled with adults, presumably professors and staff. Issuing a sigh, blue eyes looked skyward... and he was glad he did. Holy heck, the stars were up there! It was absolutely magical, and he wanted to know how it was done. It wasn't until his name was called that he looked away. He hurried to the front, sitting on the stool. Okay, what was next? The hat sat on his head, falling over his eyes. Now what? Was he supposed to.... do something?

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx
                                                                xxxxxCʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                                Jordan is insanely creative, mind always moving in wild directions to land him answers to questions, poetry, writing, or whatever he's working on. He usually has crazy methods, but they seem to work out well enough in the end.

xxxxxIɴᴠᴇsᴛᴇᴅ:
                                                                Jordan's not a "leave it half finished" kind of person. If he starts something, he'll be certain to finish it. This also carries over to his hobbies, where he'll do his very best to learn everything or finish each task. He may have multiple projects, but you can always bet on him to complete them by their deadline... even if some of them are placed on himself.

xxxxxEᴍᴘᴀᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄ:
                                                                Jordan's a very sensitive person... emotionally, at least. He is always glad to hear his friends' thoughts, emotions, or whatever else... but he almost always matches the mood set. Don't expect him to be the "standing strong while everyone's weeping" kind of person, no, he's more likely to join in with the tears, but he'll offer hugs and promises to make it through together.

xxxxxIntelligent:
                                                                Thanks in part to his creative thinking, Jordan is quite smart. He loves studying and has a natural curiosity propelling him to learn as much as possible. He's always got a book somewhere, and often loves questioning friends with random trivia and factoids he'd recently learned.

xxxxxPᴇʀᴄᴇᴘᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                                Typically in the emotional sense, Jordan's quick to notice peoples' moods so he can try to make them feel better if needed. He's also gotten really good at spotting things out of place, though that's mostly to his love of "find the difference" games.

xxxxxGᴜʟʟɪʙʟᴇ:
                                                                Despite his intelligence, Jordan's high level of trust in his fellow mankind often gets him confused. Normally he can rationalize things, but most of the time he'll immediately assume the truth, rather than question.

Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴀʀᴘᴇsᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴇɴᴅ ᴀ ғʟᴏᴏᴅ, ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ 'ᴇᴍ ᴏᴜᴛ
          I ᴀᴍ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴀᴍ ʙʀᴜɪsᴇᴅ, I ᴀᴍ ᴡʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍᴇ
          Lᴏᴏᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴍᴀʀᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛ I ᴅʀᴜᴍ
          I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ sᴇᴇɴ! I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɴᴏ ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢɪᴇs, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍᴇ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:38 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                  ιт gσєѕ σиє ву σиє, єνєи тωσ ву тωσ
                                                  єνєяувσ∂у σи тнє fℓσσя, ℓєт мє ѕнσω уσυ нσω ωє ∂σ
                                                  ℓєт'ѕ gσ ∂ιρ ιт ℓσω, тнєи уσυ вяιиg ιт υρ ѕℓσω
                                                  ωιи∂ ιт υρ σиє тιмє, ωιи∂ ιт вα¢к σи¢є мσяє

spaceNorah was glad her last name started with a B, because it meant she was one of the first people to be sorted. She was not the most patient of people, and she'd been waiting literally her whole life for this exact moment. She was already practically buzzing with energy when her name was called, and had to force herself to walk at a reasonable pace towards the stool. Not that she was worried about appearances; she just had a tendency to trip a lot when she ran. It was why she preferred flying, really; she never tripped on a broom. How would you even do that? She supposed if you let your legs hang, you could fly too love over something and hit it-! Oh, that would hurt. That would hurt so much.

spaceShe realized, after a second, that she'd full on stopped walking to the hat in order to contemplate this. Shaking her head, Norah finished the embarrassingly short trek she'd failed to make in one go, and plopped herself onto the stool with all the grace of a drunken bumblebee. Once it was snug on her head, though, her thoughts went flying. She knew it was telepathic, how did that work? How old was it, really? Did it actually know? Could it recognize the passage of time? How sentient was it, exactly? Was it basically a person? Was it channeling the ghosts of the founders? Had the magic that created it ever been recreated? Was there, like, a hidden secret scroll somewhere in the school, upon which was written the instructions on how it'd been created? Or had the founders never written it down, sworn one another to secrecy, and taken it to the graves? Wasn't one of the ghosts related to one of the founders? She'd ask. She could do that, right? Was that rude-

¢σмє, яυи, яυи, яυи, яυи єνєяувσ∂у мσνє яυи
                                                  ℓєт мє ѕєє уσυ мσνє αи∂ яσ¢к ιт 'тιℓ тнє gяσσνє
                                                  ∂σиє ѕнαкє ιт 'тιℓ тнє мσσи вє¢σмєѕ тнє ѕυи
                                                  єνєяувσ∂у ιи тнє ¢ℓυв gινє мє α яυи
                                                  ωєℓℓ ι'м яєα∂у fσя уα, ¢σмє ℓєт мє ѕнσω уα
                                                  уσυ ωαит тσ gяσσνє, ι'ммα ѕнσω уσυ нσω тσ мσνє

wнere - Great Hall
                                                  wнen - Sorting Feast 2050
                                                  wιтн - The Hat
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

CREATIVE
                                                  xxx»» Norah has an extremely vivid imagination, and a drive to put that imagination to use. She is never not working on some project, to varying degrees of success. She has her own sense of style and aesthetic and doesn't much care for convention. She's prone to shopping at thrift stores, buying the things no one else will look twice at, and finding ways to alter and/or combine them to come up with an interesting look. She has a keen eye for color and can never seem to settle on an artistic medium for her expression. If it exists, she wants to recreate it in paint or chalk or clay. If it doesn't exist, she will use those same materials to try and make it exist.

DISTRACTABLE
                                                  xxx»» It's very hard to keep Norah's attention on any one project for long. She tends to flit between things with little to no care for what she's abandoning. She's the queen of turning in half-finished assignments that showed a lot of promise, if she'd bothered to complete them, and has mostly coasted through school on her teacher's good will. She's intelligent, but lacks follow through. All anything has to do to draw her attention is be new and shiny. Her passionate nature cannot be contained, and her room and much of her home are a disaster of half-finished paintings and sculptures and dresses.

LOUD
                                                  xxx»» Norah struggles greatly with the concept of 'quiet.' She finds silence incredibly distracting, and usually needs some kind of music or white noise to keep herself from going insane. She claims she has overly sensitive ears, and can hear everything creaking and groaning and whispering around her if it's too quiet. If she needs to be her own source of noise, she will, constantly singing (quite loudly) to drown out all the little sounds. Her attitude also speaks for itself, both in her inability to shut up, and her clothes. She is determined to grab attention whenever and however she can, because nothing's better for keeping it from getting too quiet than a good conversation between friends.

UPBEAT
                                                  xxx»» Norah's an exceptionally positive person. She tries to always look on the bright side, and is the first person to paste a smile on her face and point out the silver lining when something bad happens. It's very hard to get her down. She reasons that, life isn't going to make things easy for her, but she's sure as hell not going to make things easy for it, either. She's a fighter, bound and determined to be the change she wants to see in the world. If nothing else, she'll cheer up her friends by acting out and being silly to distract them from their woes.

QUICK-WITTED
                                                  xxx»» Norah grew up listening to a lot of lawyer-speak, and knows very well how to twist and manipulate words to mean many things. She's not a mean person by nature, but she can be cutting when she wants to be. More often than not, she uses this power to be clever, coming up with puns that are equal parts funny and groan-worthy. She's also quite good at coming up with outside-the-box solutions to problems. Among her friends, she's well known for always being technically right, which she claims is the best kind. She's also an excellent debater, good at finding holes in other people's statements and using them to her advantage.

COMPETITIVE
                                                  xxx»» Norah views defeat as a learning experience. She's not really in it to win it so much as she views winning as a sign that she's gained knowledge. She's always striving to try her best, to come at it from a new angle, to come up with an answer no one's ever come up with before. She likes to apply her creative and quick thinking to any and all situations. She's prone to declaring anyone who beats her at something to be both her rival and her mentor, seeing nothing as a sign of growth moreso than surpassing a master. Her qualifications for 'master' generally are just 'better than her', of course, and she's always looking for the next challenge.

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:45 pm
The Sorting Hat

Cara MiaKitty
User ImageUser Image

ιтѕ jυѕт one oғ тнoѕe dayѕ wнere yoυ don'т wanт тo waĸe υp
                                                  everyтнιng ιѕ ғυcĸed, everyвody ѕυcĸѕ
                                                  yoυ don'т really ĸnow wнy, вυт yoυ wanт тo jυѕтιғy
                                                  rιppιn' ѕoмeone'ѕ нead oғғ

spaceFar be it from Jude to question how wizards did things, but this whole hat business was just further confirming for him that they were all insane. He'd suspected as much from his uncle, but he'd considered it might just be a personality trait. Now he wasn't so sure. Now he was worried that being around these people was going to make him a crazy weirdo, too.

spaceHe was one of the first names called, too, which was nice because he didn't much fancy standing around waiting. But, it also meant he didn't have the benefit of observing the whole thing to try and glean what was happening. From his vantage, a hat got sat on his head, there was a pause, then it yelled out one of the house names. He at least remembered which house was which, since contrary to Uncle's belief, he did listen to the old man. Even if he was insane. Which he was. Honestly, he could care less which one he ended up in, as long as it wasn't Slytherin. Of course, his luck, that's probably where he'd end up. Sure, stick the kid who hates reptiles in the snake house. Brilliant idea. He just wanted to go home.

мy ѕυggeѕтιon, ιѕ тo ĸeep yoυr dιѕтance
                                                  caυѕe rιgнт now ι'м dangeroυѕ
                                                  we've all ғelт lιĸe ѕнιт and вeen тreaтed lιĸe ѕнιт
                                                  all тнoѕe мoтнerғυcĸerѕ тнaт wanт тo ѕтep υp
                                                  ι нope yoυ ĸnow, ι pacĸ a cнaιnѕaw - ι'll ѕĸιn yoυr aѕѕ raw

wнere - Great Hall
                                                  wнen - Sorting Feast
                                                  wιтн - The Hat
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

IMPATIENT
                                                  xxx»» Jude doesn't like sitting around waiting for things to happen. He's the sort of person who'd rather rush forward and try to force it than allow things to happen naturally. He gets antsy when he has to sit still for anything, and is very much a do-er. He's incredibly hands on and works best when there's something to keep him occupied during the down time.

SHORT-TEMPERED
                                                  xxx»» Jude can go from zero to one-hundred in a snap. His skin isn't particularly thick, and rather than get his feelings hurt, he's much more likely to get angry. He tends to feel slighted by any- and everything, and takes things way too personally. He also holds grudges and doesn't tend to forgive unless someone embarrasses themselves to prove they're sorry.

INTELLIGENT
                                                  xxx»» Jude likes to read, and he is a sponge for the information in his books. He's very good at picking up on how to do things just by observing them, and retains information very easily. He's gotten himself hurt a few times trying to replicate things he's seen in his films, but it's usually due to lack of physical ability rather than doing the thing wrong. When he can actually focus successfully, he's good at working through problems and puzzles, though this is a rare thing.

TACTILE
                                                  xxx»» Jude is very hands-on, in every respect. He doesn't actively notice it, but he tends to communicate better when he's making physical contact with a person, or at least something relating to what he's talking about. He has a thing with textures, and is very specific about what types of fabric he'll wear. He always needs something to do with his hands, and struggles to focus when he has to hold them still.

RECKLESS
                                                  xxx»» Jude is an act now, questions later kind of guy. He's not much of a strategist, preferring to make it up as he goes along. He does try to be mindful, but the second he hits a roadblock, his impatience acts up and he ends up running headfirst into a situation he's entirely unprepared for. It usually works out alright, but he's no stranger to needing someone to save his skin. Usually he can manage a thank you, but it's always begrudging and he rarely learns anything from the experience.

QUIET
                                                  xxx»» In between outbursts brought on by his anger, Jude is a very quiet person. He keeps to himself, preferring to find company in a book than with other people. He doesn't talk much, and generally only does so to voice displeasure with one thing or another. He generally tries to avoid talking if he can get away with it, and will answer with as few words as possible when he can't.

Quote:

Hrm, don't like snakes, eh?
Snakes aren't all so bad,
However, you have nothing to worry about,
Where I'm sending you is...

Gryffindor!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games