Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:10 pm
I really loved RS. It truly was one of the best games I've ever played.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:17 am
Nelo, that doesnt change the fact that I want a Star Wars flight sim for the 360 razz  

Rendin Verta

Rodyn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:28 pm
Not that the Rogue Squadron games were really flight sims in the first place.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:55 pm
Fine, flight game.

But on the topic of flight sims, X-wing and TIE fighter were awesome games biggrin  

Rendin Verta

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:19 pm
It does change, however, what kind of flight sim it will be. It'll be STar wars: The Eta Unleashed!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:18 am
Ugh... and they'll undoubtedly stick to hit-point based combat instead of using the complex damage modeling that every other great flight sim uses (Save the ACE COMBAT series, but they're more arcade then sim).

For once I want to see lasers shred an engine on a target when I can clearly see thats where I hit it!  

stellarmagic

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:47 pm
I think that the new Star Trek MMO (Star Trek Online) is going to blow the new Star Wars MMO out of the water. Which shouldn't be happening.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:24 pm
Yeah, but unfortunately, based on what I've heard, SWG sucked.  

elvisnake

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:24 am
The new MMO is KoTOR based and made by Bioware. Why don't we let them work on it before we pass judgment?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:33 am
SWG is a great game if you're on the right server. However, it's not perfect.

After the New Game Enhancements *shudder*, the game got rid of it's 30 non-inconic professions and scaled it down to 9 professions represented by an iconic character (Jedi: Luke, Smuggler: Han, Bounty Hunter: Boba Fett). Thousands of players left.

However, SWG is unique, because it's not a linear themeparked base game like all the WoW clones I've seen in my day. In SWG, you can explore entire planets, not to mention players can start their own cities, and the marketplace is entirely player run.

As for the new KoTor MMO, I will give it a chance. I have to. It's Star Wars. But I expect it to be a WoW clone.  

Rendin Verta

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:23 am
I'm just saying with it's pedigree, there's no reason people should be bashing the game when they have just begun to make it.

In Saga Edition news, the new supplement Scum and Villainy would be classified under the epic win category. I'm surprised on how well Wizards has done on Saga so far. I'm almost expecting them to come out with something worthless, and yet I haven't been disappointed with an installment yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:01 am
Wow. I'll definitely have to pick it up eventually then.  

elvisnake

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:19 pm
So Star Wars: Galaxies had a player run economy... thats nice. EVE Online has that as well, not sure if any other major MMO has had one. (Whats funny is CCP, the developer for EVE Online has hired an economist to do quarterly economic reports on the virtual economy. When you've got 100,000 consumers in a virtual world I guess it gets complicated).

I wonder how economics will be handled in Star Trek: Online... latinum for paying for items I'm sure, or will they completely remove commerce? Remember the Federation has supposedly done away with currency, or at least shunned its existence.

Still it'll be hard to compare Star Trek: Online to Star Wars: The Old Republic. Though I think the Star Wars will more easily fit the Guild Wars mold that Bioware seems to be going for when you read the feature list. Star Trek: Online seems like nothing more then fan service.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:31 pm
Ral Roke
The new MMO is KoTOR based and made by Bioware. Why don't we let them work on it before we pass judgment?
I'm doing that comparison on the basis of the tidbits of information that has been released about the two games. The Star Trek one seems to be much more planned out to me is all.  

Jaden_Ordo

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:32 pm
Jaden_Ordo
Ral Roke
I'm doing that comparison on the basis of the tidbits of information that has been released about the two games. The Star Trek one seems to be much more planned out to me is all.
Star Trek has also been in development a hell of a lot longer. They just started working on the KoTOR MMO this summer if I recall correctly.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games