Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:21 pm
AUGUST LIxxx ||xxx♪♫ SONORA LI

unsorted first yearxx||xxsecond year Ravenclaw

future studentxx||xxMusic Club, Reserve Keeper

setting Platform 9¾, before the start of the 2043-2044 school year.
with Verine, and a lot of other families.

Up until 2 minutes ago August had been insisting that “King’s Cross doesn’t have a Platform 9¾,”. He considered himself quite familiar with King’s Cross, having been there every summer for as long as he could remember. He had stared at the sign for platform 10 rather insistently, up until he was dragged through a solid wall. There were so many people on the platform.

After helping his aunt get his trunk loaded onto the train, August looked up to glimpse Ferdie across the station with another young child. He raised a hand in greeting, but didn’t quite know if the older boy had caught it. No matter. He planned to track the older boy down once they were at Hogwarts anyways. August turned to his cousin, caught between eager to meet other students his year and eager to take a nap or something on the train ride there. He had--not that he’d admit it-- spent the entire night fussing over packing and reviewing his textbooks out of anticipation. ”Well it’s still a bit before 11, but should we get onboard and find a seat?”

”One moment...” Sonora on the other hand, was eagerly searching the crowd as soon her trunk safely loaded. She’d spent much of the last two and a half months of summer wondering if it really was okay to just show up at her friends’ houses and--”well there was always tomorrow. I’ll just read a book”-- had quickly turned into today. Only this last week had she received a little hawk that would be able to ferry letters, but with the start of school so close, Sona had never actually sent her missives: an entire binder of sheet music to share with Kam and Iggy, and letters that never actually got sent for Jonah, Vespera and Alex.

August's status Mildly regretting not sleeping last night.
Sonora's status Excitedly searching through the crowd for friends.
Verine's status Kids? Check. Luggages loaded? Kids? Still here?

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:04 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageSecond Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera was tahnkful that Jonah and his family had picked her up from her house, and brought her with them to the Hogwarts Express. She was also thankful that it seemed her own mother had never learned about the three in the morning trip, it had never been mentioned. She was dragging her trunk through the crowds of students and saw Sona. She dropped her trunk (hoping Jonah wouldn't trip over it and hurt himself, but also hoping he would because that would be funny), and ran towards her, "Sona!" Vespera all but attacked Sonora, giving her a hug. "How was your break? I never heard from you!" She had missed her friends, having only seen Jonah over the summer. It had just been a short summer and not enough time to get anything done besides summer work. "Did you do the summer assignments? Jonah won't let me see his to check mine with." In all reality, she didn't think they had any summer assignments, but it was always fun to mess with her Ravenclaw friends.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: THE TRAIN!
With Whom: Sona, August, Jonah, Parents
Thinking about: ITS SONA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vespera Description: Short 4'2", blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: Knee length green dress, probably once again too fancy for the Hogwarts Train
OOC:

addaellis

trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

Rhea Allison Lane + JONAH CASTOR LANE

Halfblood | Nine Years Old
Half-BloodRavenclawSecond YearTwelve Years OldThe Daily DragonReserve Beater

» Fall 2043 » Platform 9 & 3/4 » With: Delia, Ves, Sona, August, lots of people
» Rhea's Status:
Safe from tripping another day » Jonah's Status: Excited for friends!

═════════════════════════════════════════════

Jonah was ecstatic to finally be getting back to Hogwarts! So much so, he hadn’t slept at all the night before—whether that was from Rion and Ves keeping him up watching movies all night or the three thermoses worth of coffee he’d chugged down, he wasn’t sure, but he was confident he would collapse by the end of the night and hopefully, maybe, finally get his sleeping schedule on track for school.

But probably not.

He had been in the middle of a discussion with Rhea about what she would expect to see in two years once it was finally her turn to board the Express when he’d heard Vespera call “Sona!” and snapped his head in the direction his friend had ran off in. ‘Sonora?’ Upon spotting her Jonah joined Ves, practically tackling the both of them in a hug. “Sona! I missed you! Where have you been all Summer?”

Rhea had been startled by her brother’s and Vespera’s sudden race that she hadn’t even noticed Vespera dropped her trunk, and the poor thing tripped over it. She managed to catch herself though, before landing face-first on the ground she’d caught herself with her hands and flipped her legs over the trunk, sticking the landing. A sharp exhale and a horrified expression as she looked back at her mother, who had looked equally startled. “Merlin, Sweetie, are you okay?” “I think my whole life just flashed before my eyes.” Delia smiled, relieved as she grabbed the abandoned trunks. “What did it look like?” “Hmmm…” Rhea looked up in thought before shrugging, “Glittery!”

The young ballerina spun around to catch up with her brother and his friends, practically bouncing with excitement. She was so happy to see Jonah actually having friends, she couldn't help herself. “Ohhh, is this Sonora? She’s so cute! Why are all your friends so cute, Jonah?” Jonah didn’t dare break away from their group hug, preferring to instead kick his leg back playfully at Rhea while she stepped back out of reach with a giggle.

═════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:24 pm
User Image

ᵂⁱˢʰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵘⁱˡᵈ ᵃ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵐᵃᶜʰⁱⁿᵉ
                                                          ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᵀʰᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ⁿᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵈᵍᵉ
                                                          ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ
                                                          ᴬⁿᵈ ʷⁱˢʰⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉᵐ

Ferdie had led the first year on the train. He may not be prefect or head boy but he was determined to be helpful. When locating a compartment another first year greeted them. "Name's Ferdie! Nope no relation it's my last year so I wanna help you new ones out!" Ferdies said with a chuckle. Xavier piped in. "Yea never seen this guy before today. But the names Xavier Talbot nice to meet you!" He said liking this new persons friendliness. They should really find a seat before they where taken. Ferdie help them find it but excused himself to go find Elisabet. Xaiver decided to try and hold a spot for Ferdie and whoever he was searching for.

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ˢᵃⁱᵈ‬
                                                                      ‪ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵈʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵗʰ‬
                                                                      ‪ˢᵒ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃʸ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ?‬
                                                                      ‪ᵀʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵃᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵒʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᵉᵖᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ?

Essy ze Ninja

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:25 pm
AUGUST LIxxx ||xxx♪♫ SONORA LI

unsorted first yearxx||xxsecond year Ravenclaw

future studentxx||xxMusic Club, Reserve Keeper

setting Platform 9¾, before the start of the 2043-2044 school year.
with Verine, Vespera, Jonah, Rhea, lots of people.

Sonora whirled when she heard her name, almost fast enough to catch Vespera in a tight hug. “VES!! JONAH!! Hello!!! HowwereyoursummersImissedyousomuch!!”

Sonora squeezed both of them in a tight hug, pulled back a little only to hug them both again. . ”Iwassonervous and didn’t want to just show up unannounced and-- Oh! I have letters for you both though! Some of it is silly, but I didn’t actually get Sky until last week and then I figured school was starting right away so I ought to just be patient and I don’t know what I was thinking all summer, but none of it matters anymore because we’re back!

Ah. These friends. August had heard these names enough over the summer that he felt quite comfortable leaving her to greet them, even if she probably did need to talk a little slower. Meanwhile,he looked back to notice the little girl trailing behind them trip over a trunk. “Are you—“ He called out, momentarily concerned, but the little girl simply flipped over the trunk, landing with extraordinary poise. “Okay.“ Obviously. He was caught between being startled, impressed, and just confused. He overheard something glittery and turned back to the second year group. Clearly okay. He moved aside a little when she backed from the group. Must be a little sibling or something. She looks too young to be a first year.

Sona just grinned at Vespera’s comment of a summer assignment and shook her head. "I spent most of summer being mum’s little potion’s assistant I guess? But that’s just school. What did both of you do? Did you come together? Oh--We should have gone to Diagon Alley-- oh next year. HELLO!”

Verine turned as well when she heard her daughter’s name, and just smiled fondly at the reunion before turning to the young woman who had picked up the trunks. ”Could I help you with any of that?” she greeted with a cheerful smile. ”Also hi! I’m Verine, Sonora’s mother.”

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
________
RODRICK.ROSS _____
Unsorted, First Year ____
════════════════════
__

"Oh!" Rodrick blinked back surprise but couldn't stop the wrinkles darkening his brow. Was everyone in Hogwarts as nice as that? It seemed hard to believe that an older student—and a seventh year no less—would rather help a first year than be with his friends. Unless he didn't have any? Rodrick took another quick look at the boy who called himself Ferdie and choked back a laugh. Chyea right, the bloke had to have loads of friends, just look at him! ”Woah, really? Well tha's nice of you.” Rodrick had to shuffle out of the way while a small group tried to pass them on the train. Xavier introduced himself shortly after that and insisted they find their own room. Rodrick agreed, anxious to unload his trunk and shrug off the literal weight of his only responsibility for the rest of the night.

Situated now, Ferdie excused himself to go find a friend. Rodrick waved goodbye and turned to his new friend. ”So... Xavier Talbot, huh? Cool name. What house do you think you'll be in? I'm hoping for Slytherin, that's where my parents went! But I don't think I'll make it, to be honest. Probably end up in Hufflepuff, but that's cool. My mum said they're common room is right next to the kitchen.” Then the thought struck: what if Xavier was a muggleborn? He probably sounded like a mad man to him if that were the case. But how to ask that without being rude? ”Err—are you from a magical family? Sorry, I just don't want to confuse you if you are!” He tried to explain, clumsily, but at least he tried.

╔═════════════════════════╗
【WHEN:: Fall 2043
【WHERE:: Hogwarts Train
【WITH WHO:: Xavier
╚═════════════════════════╝

Kungfudemoness

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:50 am
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageSecond Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera chuckled when Sona mentioned showing up unannounced, because that was esxactly how she had spent time with Jonah the first time this summer. She had a slight sadness when she watched Rhea atrip, but she also stuck the landing ever so gracefully. That girl was precious and much more graceful than Vespera was. "I kind of showed up at Jonah's unexpectedly. Then his mom was nice enough to let me spend the night last night, to save the mother some trouble." She looked next to Sonora and saw the boy, who had a young face, but was at least half a foot taller than her. Why was everyone as tall or taller than her? "Who is this? Are you in our year?" She didn't recognize the boy, but he looked familiar. He kind of looked like Sonora actually. Did both of her friends have siblings and she didn't know?

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: THE TRAIN!
With Whom: Sona, August, Jonah, Parents
Thinking about: Friends <3
Vespera Description: Short 4'2", blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: Knee length green dress, probably once again too fancy for the Hogwarts Train
OOC:

addaellis

trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:31 am

The Hogwarts Express

The conductor stepped out of the train, looking around at the students. "Last call for boarding! Last call!" He stepped back in and got the train prepared for moving.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:56 pm

The Hogwarts Express

With a piercing whistle and a puff of steam, the doors of the Hogwarts Express pulled closed. The students were all on board, leaning out the windows and waving at their families. The train engine inched forward, gaining momentum before picking up speed as it left the station.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:21 pm

The Hogwarts Express

The scarlet engine pulls into the station, ready to start the long journey to another year of school. Students and parents come to board the train to go another year. In an hour or so, the train will pull out, taking students to Hogwarts.

((OOC: You may begin posting students arriving to start the new year at school. The train will be leaving the station on the 26th for the school.))

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:07 pm
User Image

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinny arrived with his grandma after she had wacked someone for being a jerk about Vinny. He was more entertained by his grandma that he was sad that people where jerks. He was a good head taller now the most everyone here. but not to the point of drawing attention to himself. Perhaps he could run into Aeryn. He had heard in a letter her brother was their prefect now, and as much as she said it sucked Vinny figured Cian would be a decent prefect. He was plenty big enough and strong enough to load his own stuff onto the train. Before he was allowed to leave his grandma wanted to make sure her grandson was presentable. He smirked when she joked she would have to send him a new wardrobe by Christmas and complained he had crumbs from the food they got on the way the 2 large fries left a lot of salt on him.
                                                                            Thankfully shorts where easy to find in his size as was the thin hoodie with his sleeves rolled up. Once hugged around his waist as she was short even when not compared to Vinny, he was free to go. He did hope to locate some friends

((open for interaction! talk to my tall boy!))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:39 pm
User Image

You and I in a little toy shop
                                          Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
                                          Set them free at the break of dawn
                                          'Til one by one they were gone.

Iggy and Kam had a rough morning. iggy almost forgot a book for his elective class and breakfast is where Kam had a bad start. Iggy had gotten an omelet but the poor waitress kept mixing him and Kam up. To be fair she was busy and Iggy for once had his hair tamed for now. Kam had stormed off to the bathroom with dad not too far behind. did his tummy hurt? he seemed off all day so far. Iggy's excitement for going back to school, however, was not dampened at all. once they were loaded, Iggy turned to his brother who seemed a bit under the weather still. "Want to go find out friends?" Iggy asked excitedly.

If I could find a souvenir
                                                              Just to prove the world was here
                                                              And here is a red balloon
                                                              I think of you, and let it go

Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:13 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Platform 9¾
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Iggy, Family
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Preparing to Depart
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Please not Vespera

Kam was having a sucky morning, though it did have one upside. It was time to go back to school, which meant he'd be free from his parents' worried glances and stuff. He wasn't a baby anymore, after all. Just that morning he and Iggy had been mixed up like thirty times by their waitress at breakfast. They weren't even dressed the same! After she set Iggy's omelette in front of Kam, the elder twin had gotten up and stormed off. Luckily, their dad had followed him and the two had a quiet talk about behavior and controlling tempers before he'd had his head felt to make sure he wasn't fevery. Luckily, he simply explained away his annoyance as having not slept well, which quickly calmed the man. They'd walked back to the table, where Kam ate in silence, ignoring the confused, pitiful glances from his twin and the smirks from their sister.

Once they were at Kings Cross, Kam marched ahead, pushing onto the platform before the rest of his family. They took their trunks to the loading area, then Iggy asked about finding their friends. "Sure, let's do that. Are any of them even here? We are a bit early." He checked his watch, tapping the glass as if to prove a point. Then again, he didn't mind waiting. Kam was normally a very patient person... It was just something about Iggy lately that made him so annoyed. He searched around, wondering if one of their friends was indeed nearby. Secretly he hoped they didn't encounter Vespera because she was annoying as all hell.

Quote:
"kungfudemoness"]

I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴊᴜsᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴇ
Aɴᴅ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
I ᴀᴍ sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs ʙɪɢ, ᴀʟʟ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ɪs ꜰᴀsᴛ ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ
Sᴜʀʀᴏᴜɴᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ sᴏ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
I ᴀᴍ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ꜰʀᴇᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴡᴇᴀᴋ
I ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ʙᴜᴛ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
Hᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴇs ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴍᴇ? Aʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ? Hᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴇs ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:16 pm
User Image
Katya Patrovna
HufflepuffFifth YearFifteen Years OldSingle

It was with mixed emotions that Katya walked onto the platform. Though she was accompanied by her family as she always was when she made the trek from Surrey to the great rail terminus in London, this time she was doing with one huge difference. While her big sister accompanied her to the station, Faina would not board the train with her. No, Faina graduated at the end of last term, crossing the Black Lake to bookend her time at Hogwarts, and now was working on becoming an Auror.

Katya was already dressed for school, wearing a short, gray skater-style skirt with a white dress shirt and a bright yellow fluffy sweater and her House tie. One thing she was grateful for, which she'd never said a word about to Faina or her mother, was the absence of a Prefect badge in with her supplies list from the school. As much as she would have appreciated the perks which came with the position, she was pretty sure she would have been unequal to the responsibilities, nor did she think she could follow in her sister's footsteps. Thankfully neither Faina nor Mama said anything to express disappointment if they had any. Katya was simply looked forward to seeing Cian, her friends, and the feast awaiting them at the castle tonight.

At the sound of a loud coughing fit, Katya stopped in her tracks, and turned to see her mother standing nearby, sounding like a dying asthmatic as coughed and hacked painfully. As much as Katya was glad to have her there, she wished her mother stayed in Surrey so she wouldn't have braved the weather and risked worsening her cold. With her mother, Faina was right there, while Sergei followed along, dragging along Katya's school trunk -- well, two trunks really, as there was a smaller one which was packed fully of Faina's school notes to help her study for OWLs.

Yeah, OWLs were this year, and that was another reason Katya was glad to not be a Prefect; she didn't that on top of everything else which came with being a Fifth Year. Right then, though, she was more concerned with her mother, and her face telegraphed her worry.

As the coughing fit passed, her mother straightened, and glanced at her daughters, and told them, "Girls, I'll be all right. I just need a moment." She'd promised them she would go to the train station to see Katya off, and she was determined to fulfill it. Looking at her younger child, she added tenderly, "Don't worry, Kotenok. Sergei is here, your sister is here, and I will be fine. We will see you at Christmas, okay?"

Katya nodded her head, and attempted a brave smile for her mother's sake. "Okay, Mama." she said, giving her mother a hug. She drew a deep breath before stepping away from her mother, and looking over at Sergei. By this point, her older cousin put her luggage aboard the train, and he passed the carrier bag containing her cat, Snowball. The white puffball of a cat meowed pitifully, the crowd and the noise being too much for the little creature to deal with. He leaned in to give her a fierce bear hug, and he told her, "Focus on your studies, Kotenok, you needn't worry about us. We'll see you soon." Katya nodded once more, and said, "Okay, Papa Sergei."

After getting hugs and kisses from her mother and Sergei, Katya had a sad look in her eyes when she turned to her older sister. Wearing a long black coat, Faina cut a stern-looking figure, and she had her hands in her pocket. Nodding toward their mother, Faina told her assuringly, "I'll come get you, Kitten, don't worry." As she leaned in close to hug and kiss her sister, Faina drew a pouch from her coat pocket, the contents jingled almost musically as she quietly tucked it into the courier bag slung over Katya's shoulder.

"Thank you. I wish you were coming with me. You won't be there to share breakfast and dinner with, or when I need help," said Katya feelingly. Faina shrugged, and said, "Nichevo, Kotenok. You don't need me, Kotenok. You have a boyfriend who adores you, you have many friends, you won't be alone unless you wish to be. Now, go find Cian before he thinks you're not coming back to school." Katya smiled, genuinely this time, and rushed off to find her boyfriend.

As Katya departed, Reyna Patrovna leaned in to speak to her older child. 'So, how much did you give her?" Faina arched an eyebrow, and was about to deny anything, when Sergei chuckled and added, "You're busted, Snezhinka. Besides, we know you." Faina chuckled, and she said, "Enough to hold her to Christmas ... hopefully." Reyna sighed, and shook her head, "You didn't need to do that; I gave her money already." Faina shrugged, and replied, "Then she has a little extra. Anyone up for lunch?"

OOC:Open for Interaction
Username

User Image
                  "Black clouds are behind me, I now can see ahead
                  Often I wonder why I try hoping for an end
                  Sorrow weighs my shoulders down
                  And trouble haunts my mind
                  But I know the present will not last
                  And tomorrow will be kinder

Tomorrow will be kinder
                  It's true, I've seen it before
                  A brighter day is coming my way"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:29 pm
User Image

s h e ' s x a x k i l l e r x q u e e n , x g u n p o w d e r , x g e l a t i n- - -
u n s o r t e d x f i r s t x y e a r x
p l a t f o r m x 9 x 3 / 4 x
f a m i l y x a n d x h o g w a r t sx s t u d e n t s x
w h a t x n o w x
n e u t r a l x
s i n g l e x

The eldest Adelgrief looked around the platform, feeling a little overwhelmed, but she wouldn't let that stop her. Saffron knew the best way for her to feel comfortable was to just throw herself out into the wild on her own. She raised her chin and pushed her cart forward, her parents sharing a concerned glance. They had recognized that look. Saf threw a glance over her shoulder, 'I just need to lose them,' She thought to herself. As much as she loved her family, it was a little difficult to interact and make friends and, believe it or not, stir up trouble, when her parents were looming over her shoulders at every turn. Even Forrest could find them overbearing at times and Forrest barely knew what was going on most of the time. Saffron spotted a narrow opening in between passersby, big enough for both her and the cart, but not the rest of her entourage. She sucked in a deep breath and pushed herself forward quickly, slipping in between other inhabitants of Platform 9¾, effectively separating herself from her family. "Sorry!" she threw the words over her shoulder, knowing her parents would be upset with her later. But this was her first year at Hogwarts, she was practically all grown up - she didn't need babysitters.

Saffron took another survey of the platform, now that her parents had to struggle a bit to locate her, she could actually make friends. Maybe she would run into Cammy, the girl she had met in Madam Malkin's. But then again, maybe she would meet someone entirely new, which could be equally as exciting. Unless everyone was boring, then maybe it wouldn't be all that exciting. She planted her feet, taking in a deep breath filled with confidence and took another step forward,
"Only one way to find out."

OOC: also open for interaction!

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶- - - - - - - - - - - - d y n a m i t e x w i t h x a x l a s e r b e a mx , g u a r a n t e e d x t o x b l o w x y o u r x m i n d x a n y t i m e- - - - - - - - - - - -✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games