Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
JOSEPH
MESCHO
EGAREVA

Unsorted │ First Year │ Eleven Years Old │ Single |

Joe waited in the crowd next to his twin. Tahm Kench, his frog, was stuck in his hair, one webbed foot handing on his glasses. Both were looking at the empty plates of the table, wondering what was for dinner. Jane said there would be a house for both of them but Joe was still wondering if the Hat could kick him out. He didn’t really care which house he was in, but Jane was going first so he figured he’d just ask to be in the same house. The twins tended to have the same friends anyways, and it would be nice to not be split into separate school families.

Personality:

CHILL Joe is s pretty chill dude. He gets riled up about sports and video games, but is usually pretty laid back.
AGREEABLE joe doesn’t really have very strong opinions anyways so goes along with whatever people around him think.
MESSY Joe likes things neat and really tries to keep his room clean, but it always seems to devolve into a mess. The same goes with his life.
HUMOROUS joe likes a good joke. He’s not really funny himself, but he does appreciate other people’s jokes and does try the occasional bad pun.
LAZY Joe goes to school and mostly does his work and chores, but he’d rather be watching tv, playing video games, or sleeping. He can never seem to get enough sleep.
INTROVERTED Joe likes people but sometimes just needs time alone to recharge. The only exception to this seems to be his little sister.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:57 pm
User Image
❀ Flora Helen Norris ❀
First Year Unsorted

"11 is the fourth number that stays the same when turned upside down after 0, 1, and 8."

Flora Helen followed the other first years to the sorting table, it had been quite an adventure to get to Hogwarts, a train and boats, followed by a walk. She nodded politely toward her fellow first years, wondering what was going to happen. As they were called one by one, she began racking her mind as to what would happen, there were 4 houses she could go into, but what were the chances the hat wouldn't put her in any? That possibility had to be pretty now, but it was possible. As she sat down to be sorted she heard the hat start saying things to her, she jumped slightly. Oh this was terrifying what was going to happen... she whispered out, "The chances of you putting me in the house that I want to be in has to be more than 25% right? At least 30% Unless... do you not take requests in mind? No... I don't think I want to bias you. Put me somewhere I'll fit in and can become very successful." She waited for the hat to say it's piece, who knew what would happen now.

Personality:

Crafty Flora wants to create something out of anything. Particularly if anything can be turned into a flower pot - she’s going to do it. A jar? It’s a flower pot. Sport Ball? It’s a flower pot. That globe? Well it’d be a good flower pot… or a lamp shade.
Cowardly Flora Helen is terrified of trying new things, seeing new people. She wanted to avoid difficult things if possible. She gets scared easily, and wants to avoid that.
Picky/Organized Flora Helen wants things a certain way; She wants them neat and organized if possible. The order doesn’t necessarily make sense to other people, but it’s her order and that’s the way it should be.
Kind Flora Helen wants to help others out, give them a hug. She’ll give a stranger a smile, before dashing away as fast as possible.
Easily Confused There’s too much going on in the world, and it overwhelms Flora Helen. It doesn’t take much to make her not understand what’s happening, particularly if there is conversation going on.
Intelligent In the midst of her confusion - Flora needs to say something. So, she’s memorized as many facts as she can about anything. When she gets confused about the topic - she spouts out a random fact about it.

"If you turn me upside down I'll still be the same, but my face might turn red and the world will look upside down."

Where & Who: Sorting Feast with the First Years
Thinking about: This is fine.
Wearing: Plain Robes

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:38 pm
User Image

User Image
                                            User Image
                                          • She was finally here! Lainey had been dreaming about Hogwarts for years and now she got to actually study and live in an actual castle! And Benji wasn't there to ruin it! She couldn't resist squealing as soon as she glimpsed the castle from the boat—nearly scaring her fellow first years out of the boat—and as they were lead through the halls, she couldn't stop staring, drinking in all sights from the vaulted ceilings to the windows and the suits of armour.

Lainey practically vibrated in place as they stood waiting to finally be sorted. She didn't particularly want a grimy old hat that might have lice to be placed on her head, but sacrifices have to be made. Her foot tapped faster and faster as the her turn approached and when her name was called, she shot off towards the stool and sitting down quickly. She didn't close her eyes, the Great Hall was too magnificent to ignore and the ceiling was as beautiful as her da said, but she kept most of her focus inwards.

I don't care what house I get into as long into one, so please do your magic.

↳ Competitive:
                                                    Being called competitive is putting it mildly; Lainey likes to win. There are few things that get under her more than coming in second, or worse. The easiest way to make her care about something is to make it a competition, and even though she might not care about the prize, she still would rather win and could be rather ruthless about it.

↳ Imaginative:
                                                    Lainey has always loved stories, especially the fairy tales her mother told her, and always enjoyed pretending to be a princess or fairy playing in her garden, making more and more elaborate stories as she grew older. It's not limited to making stories, she can come up with elaborate ideas and workarounds to problems, although this can partially be attributed to her determination to not let things get in her way.

↳ Headstrong:
                                                    Lainey considers herself highly, and usually thinks she's correct with all the self-righteousness of an older sister. Of course, when she's proven wrong, she won't ignore it, but she'll take it with ill grace and it takes a lot to change her mind. And when she's set on a path, she won't dissuaded until it comes back to bite her.

↳ Quick-Tempered:
                                                    Lainey is not patient by nature and can get irritated easily. While she isn't usually rude (except to her brother), she doesn't hesitate to let people know that she's mad. She doesn't forget easily either and can hold grudges, especially if someone really angered her and didn't apologise.

↳ Selfish:
                                                    She might not like to admit it, but Lainey can be quite selfish and likes instant gratification. She does tend to think of herself first and it's not in her nature to consider the ramifications of her actions on others before doing something; she actually hates that. She's actually envious of people who do that because she wishes she could be naturally considerate and not only after being reminded.

↳ Studious:
                                                    Lainey actually enjoys learning. She doesn't enjoy the work that comes with it, especially homework since it cuts into her free time, but she tries her best to stay on top of her studies. She finds it rather satisfying and she manages to get all her work done so that she can enjoy doing whatever she wants without guilt.

• WHERE Great Hall tab tab tab WITH other students tab tab tab FEELING excited

OOC xxx

username

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:15 pm
The Sorting Hat

Cinnabun Gryffie
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? xxx
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? xxx
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? xxx
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? xxx

Flynn was super excited to join his big brother at Hogwarts. Sure, he was super nervous to leave home, especially since it meant their mom had no help at the Inn. Besides, he'd never really left home before, so it made everything a little scarier. The nice thing was that he'd made a friend on the train, a boy named Joey who bought lots of snacks for them all to share. Then they got to ride cool boats and wander to the spooky old castle that was to be his new home... and also his school.

Walking into the giant room called the Great Hall, Flynn looked over at the table clad in green and waved to his big brother. Maybe he'd be in the same group? Or maybe he'd get one of the others. How did it go? Slytherin was for cunning, like Archie; Ravenclaw was smart; Hufflepuff was friendly; and the other (Flynn forgot the name) was brave. Any of them sounded nice... but only one had his brother. It took a long time to get through the names, since they were all in alphabetical order, and unfortunately Wingrove was late in the alphabet. As the line dwindled, Flynn felt more and more nervous. Finally, once all the other kids had been called up and sorted, Flynn heard his name. He hurried up and plopped down, eager to be put with his team.

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxGᴜʟʟɪʙʟᴇ:
                                                                Despite being pretty smart, Flynn will believe just about anyone for just about anything. He has no real worry that people might lie to him, and therefore it's really easy to convince him of pretty much anything that's not for sure a no.... and even then he'll have a hard time saying no.

xxxxxSᴏғᴛ:
                                                                Flynn is very timid and not typically strong enough to stand his ground. Typically this results in him hiding behind his brother for help and support anytime things get dicey.

xxxxxAʀᴛɪsᴛɪᴄ:
                                                                Though not very logical, Flynn draws heavily on the creative side of life. He works hard to create all sorts of art, though he prefers paint when he can.

xxxxxOᴘᴛɪᴍɪsᴛɪᴄ:
                                                                Never one to think of the negatives, Flynn prefers to look on the bright side of life. In a situation where there are positives and negatives, he has a tendency to overlook the negatives in favor of all the possible positive outcomes. Luckily, he's creative enough to get the positives most of the time.

xxxxxCʟɪɴɢʏ:
                                                                Thanks to how he grew up, Flynn became incredibly dependent on those around him, preferring to spend much of his time beside his mom or brother, sometimes opting not to meet new people or do new things unless they do too.

xxxxxLᴏʏᴀʟ:
                                                                To those he loves and cares most about, Flynn is incredibly loyal. He'll work day and night to do something nice for those he cares about, or go out of his way to try and impress.

Can't worry about what other people might say
          It's who I am, gotta live my dream my own way
          Work, work it harder, gotta take it farther
          No holding back, you know we gotta do it right now
          Be even better! Work, work together
          It's now or never! Show 'em how we shine, we gotta
          Push it, push it to the limit, limit
          Cause we're in it to win it, in it to win it! Oh yeah!

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Well now, let's see what we have here
No need to be nervous, my boy
I know just where you'll go

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:25 pm
The Sorting Hat

Kungfudemoness

I got this feeling inside my bones
                    It goes electric, wavey when I turn it on
                    All through my city, all through my home
                    We're flying up, no ceiling, when we in our zone

Joey quite enjoyed the train ride and boat trip. He at leas said hi to a few people. That was trying to make friends right? He spent his ride with a boy his age and his older brother. The older one Archie was friendly but like Joey wasn't one to show tons of emotion. Flynn was very open but in a refreshing way. And they got along well. When treats rolled up he noticed the boys seemed low on the money as they had to hardcore budget. Thou Archie seemed a pro at it. Joey had never been strapped for cash but his parents did teach him not everyone was lucky and loaded as they were. So Joey decided to pay for the three of them. A drop in the bucket but it made his new friends happy even if they seemed to also feel guilty. He reassured them it was no problem or strain on the budget.

He had changed into the uniform and had to have Archie to help tie the tie for him. He would learn eventually. He was fairly certain he was the first to own a tie in his family anyways. By the time it was dinner and the snacks had worn off the train pulled into the station. They hopped off to a sea of robed students, some almost looking like adults. Archie directed them to a tall adult calling for first years while he had to go a different direction. Joey didn't think much of it; it wasn't wholly different from people coming to his parents shows. He stuck with Flynn for the boat trip who was either excited, nervous, or both, hard to tell in the dark. The castle was so cool though! It was a lot to take in but he just needed to take it in stride. Besides he had his classmates. They seemed decent at least. No one seemed a total git just yet. Soom they were waiting outside some huge wood doors. Joey felt like he was on such an elaborate set or had rode a time machine train and now was in the triple digit years. When they opened the entirely too big doors and walked as a group Joey was trying to see everything at once! He came back to earth when the group stopped by a chair and a really old hat. Sure it looked kinda dingy but it probably had so much history! He jumped a little being called first but with his last name it wasn't too surprising. He went up and sat on the stool as it seemed like what he should do. The hat got put on his head though it was a bit big…...so….what now?

DRY Joey is not one to show much inflection to his voice or really express much emotion unless it is extreme. It's not that he's never happy or sad, he just doesn't wear his emotions on his sleeve. If he's smiling he very happy, a rare laugh means he finds it to be the funniest thing he's ever heard
                                                              RESERVED Joey keep to himself more often than not. He won't usually start a conversation on his own. He likes the company of himself. He will socialize if he must or if it is less awkward to talk then to remain silent.
                                                              CREATIVE Joey like learning and reading about things. He finds knowledge relaxing. He likes to try to write his own music by studying the music his parents write. Sometimes he is successful and can say they're a few cords in some of his parent's songs that he can say he made
                                                              SOLITARY Joey likes alone time, he doesn't mind if the rare friend wants to hang out. He is happiest when it just him and his thoughts. Being introverted he doesn't feel the need or desire for interaction unless he needs to tell someone something
                                                              LOYAL Joey gives his all to the friends he has. With Joey, you have a diehard friend. He is choosey who his friends are and prefers people that will be just as loyal. Better a few best friends than many fair-weather friends
                                                              CAUTIOUS Joey is a bit apprehensive trying new things. He dislikes unavoidable risks. He much rather be in control of a situation than let fate decide. He likes to know things work before he tries them. His exception for this in music he writes. Some experimentation is necessary, but that is expected

Got that good song in my feet
                                                              I feel that hot blood in my body when it drops
                                                              I can't take my eyes up off it, moving so phenomenally
                                                              Room on lock, the way we rock it, so don't stop

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
You know, not many people think about the history
They're usually busy calling me dirty or saying I have lice
So let's see then, clever enough, and you like to keep to yourself
You clearly know how to work a room, though, how about

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:41 pm
The Sorting Hat

kiska166
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Jade Morris
                                              Eleven Years Old - Unsorted - Little Sister - Pureblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Jade blinked when her name was called. She wasn’t even sure if it really was her name, or if Professor Harlowe had called someone else that had a similar name. When no one moved, Jade figured it must have been her and approached the Sorting Hat. She hadn’t a clue where she would end up. Her mum had been sorted into Slytherin, and she had just recently found out her biological father had been sorted into Ravenclaw. Perhaps that didn’t mean anything, though, since her brother was sorted into Hufflepuff. So, the blonde sat down on the stool and bit her lip lightly, awaiting for the magical hat to reveal which house she would spend the next seven years being a part of.

CARING Jade is concerned with how others feel and never wants them to feel bad. She will do everything she can (within reason) to cheer somebody else up.
                                              PRECISE Instead of running around and causing chaos everywhere she goes, Jade tries to do things perfectly. She does not like to make mistakes, especially stupid ones.
                                              TOMBOY Jade typically enjoys activities that are typically more associated with boys than with girls, such as playing sports or climbing tress, instead of playing with makeup or obsessing over clothing.
                                              CAUTIOUS Trusting others is difficult for Jade, mostly because people are not always who they say they are. She does not believe that things are as simple or easy as they seem to be.
                                              QUESTIONING Part of being cautious, Jade questions everything she learns about. She is not very trusting when it comes to others and assumes most people do not know what they are talking about when they say they do.
                                              TRANSPARENT Anyone can see what Jade is thinking or how she is feeling just by looking at her. She wears her heart on her sleeve, and she finds it quite difficult to hide her emotions.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

T a n g l e d hair and b r u i s e s on her knees
                                              She wears her s c a r s outside her s l e e v e s

Genetics play very little part, my dear girl
It's more about how you're raised
I can see that you've been raised to be quite kind
Even if you don't expect others to be
For you, I think,

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:45 pm
The Sorting Hat

The Forgotten Weasley
A beautiful start
Wasted
A couple of hearts
In a tragic odyssey
But baby that won't get rid of me

User Image
S K Y E
I M O G E N
C A I R N

MUGGLEBORNUNSORTEDFIRST YEAR

Skye's expression of contempt was obvious from her spot in line. This was just about the stupidest thing she'd ever heard of, and if they thought she was going to sit down for that ratty hat to be placed on her head with a stupid smile on her face, they were sadly mistaken. Couldn't they just give everyone a personality test? It wasn't as if she cared what house she wound up in, so long as it wasn't Hufflepuff. Imagine introducing yourself as a Hufflepuff. She'd rather choke and die. Huffing and rolling her eyes, she was relieved when her name was one of the earliest to be called due to her C surname.

OOC:

CONFIDENT
xxx»» Skye is an extremely confident person; she has no qualms about speaking her mind whenever, to whoever, and she's not easily intimidated or made to feel insecure. She's very assertive and always comes across as very sure of herself; she has no issue with speaking in front of other people, and is very rarely shy or self-conscious. It takes a lot for her to be embarrassed or hesitant about something, and she tends to want to take charge of any given situation or social group.

INDEPENDENT
xxx»» Skye is very independent and has been since she was a small child. She resents the idea of needing anyone else's help or support and hates to feel restricted or condescended to. She's easily annoyed when she feels people are trying to tell her to do or dissuade her from something because they think she can't handle it. She's most comfortable in her own company and while she can be quite chatty and friendly with others, at the end of the day she usually wants to be by herself with her own thoughts and feelings.

COMPOSED
xxx»» Skye is a very composed person; while she does have a nasty temper it's very hard to provoke her into giving any sort of immediate reaction or response. She's calculating and would prefer to think things through before she lashes out at someone or snaps back. This doesn't mean she's completely stoic; she has a sense of humor and can be very sarcastic and even passive aggressive, but usually she hates to show any signs of 'weakness' or visible hurt or upset, even around her family.

MANIPULATIVE
xxx»» Skye is quite manipulative, sometimes without even realizing it. She's pretty perceptive and enjoys figuring people out and appealing to what they expect in order to get better treatment from them. If she thinks someone assumes she'll act very sweet and soft-spoken, she will do so for a time being in order to get what she wants or to secure their trust. Skye sees nothing wrong with this and believes if other people were smarter, they'd do so as well. However, her manipulations are not nearly as covert as she'd like to think, and people who are used to being around her can usually tell when she's putting on an act.

UNFORGIVING
xxx»» Skye is an extremely unforgiving person. Once she trusts someone, she expects them to never do anything to hurt her, and she often has unrealistic expectations for friendships. She tends to burn bridges because she escalates petty disagreements to a ridiculous level, and she is a very proud and rigid person in that she never wants to be the one to have to back down and admit they were behaving poorly. Once someone has burned her she finds it incredibly difficult to be anything but contemptuous of them.

PERFECTIONIST
xxx»» Skye has extremely high standards for herself. She wants to be the best at everything she sets her mind to and when she doesn't meet that standard, she is very hard on herself. Her cutthroat, competitive attitude doesn't make her all that easy to get along with, and she can be very sensitive to feeling like a failure or embarrassment due to her desire to get things right on the first try. When this doesn't pan out, she tends to withdraw and blame herself or others for things not going as planned. Her self esteem, for all her confidence, is ultimately easily shaken by things like a bad mark or a simple mistake.

Username

In a house of regrets
The wheel spins
As we place our bets
But you can’t call victory
If emotion is your currency

Well, I shan't keep you waiting, then
You've made things quite easy for me, indeed

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:46 pm
The Sorting Hat

Devlyn Maycry
User ImageUser Image

Like a face that I hold inside
                                                        A face that awakes when I close my eyes

A face that watches every time I lie
                                                        A face that laughs every time I fall

Landon was less than amused by this whole magical school, sorting feast, you're a wizard bullshit. He didn't care if he was a wizard, or a fairy, or a mountain troll. The only reason he'd even come to the stupid school was because he was pretty sure he didn't have a choice, and he was assuming that magic would probably help him get the upper hand on everyone else in his life. At least he knew his sister was perfectly fine by herself at home. She was more than capable of taking care of herself.

Now being sorted into houses by what he could only assume was personality traits. That seemed pretty dumb. He didn't particularly want to be surrounded by a bunch of egomaniacs like him. He preferred when he was surrounded by dumb little sheep who thought him the best. "Do your worst hat," he muttered as he sat on the stool.

■ CHAOTIC Landon is very chaotic. Rarely can people figure out what his next step is or what his end game. Whether he knows what those are is a mystery as well. He sees everything as a game, and is fine playing it however he wants, as long as the outcome helps him. He rarely has a long plan, if any at all, and is very hard to read.
                                                        ■ CHARMING Lan can be very charming. He has a good smile and knows how to use it, and when he thinks it will help him he can be the most well mannered child. He can be sweet, and kind, and use puppy dog eyes if he thinks it will get what he wants. He is very playful in his ways, and turns everything into a game so that when he breaks a rule most still find it funny and cute instead of bad.
                                                        ■ EGOCENTRIC Landon struggles to think of anyone but himself. This rule is exclusive only to his sister, who almost comes first in his life. He thinks he is the most important person in hsi world, and will always do whats best for him, even if it means throwing his friends under the bus. Generally he tries to make sure the outcome favours him and the people he cares about, but if it comes to a choice of helping himself or helping his family and friends, he will choose himself.
                                                        ■ SADISTIC Landon can be sadistic and mean. He likes to watch others suffer, if only because he thinks they deserve it. He loves people, only because they are unpredictable and fun to mess with. He likes to put people in chaotic or uncontrollable situations just to see how they react. People getting hurt is amusing to him because of their reactions. He doesn't actually care if they get hurt though, as long as their reactions are enough to entertain him.
                                                        ■ MANIPULATIVE Lan can be a bit manipulative. He doesn't always mean to do it, but he knows he is sweet and charming and he knows how to use that to his advantage. Playing the poor orphan left at Wool's also tends to get him good things, and he isn't going to stop doing something just because it's not 'good'. He will use anything and anyone if he thinks it will benefit him in the long or short run.
                                                        ■ CLEVER Landon is very clever. He understands and learns things quickly and can easily figure out how to apply those things to his life and situations in a way that helps him. He also reads people easily, and can quickly pick up on their mannerisms and body language. He always wants to know as much as he can about the people surrounding him, so that he always has the high ground in any interaction. Because of this need to always win, he tends to learn as much as he can about people he keeps close to him like friends and family, and hates when he is the last to know anything.

It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
                                                        It's like a whirlwind inside of my head

It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
                                                        It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My worst, eh? I only ever do my best, child
No sheep where you're going, I'm afraid
However, I'm sure you'll adjust well enough

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:48 pm
The Sorting Hat

Devlyn Maycry
User ImageUser Image

Used to keep it cool
                                                        Used to be a fool

All about the bounce in my step
                                                        I could hit refresh and forget

Peyton skipped into the hall with the rest of the kids, and immediately started scanning the Slytherin table for her brother. When she spotted the grump, she grinned and waved extravagantly until she got a wave and small smile back from him. She prided herself on being the only one who could make him smile. At least she assumed she was still the only one who could make him smile. She had to hope school hadn't changed him that much. She liked being the center of his world.

When her name was called she raced to the stool, almost knocking it down in her exuberance. "Whoops! Sorry!" She breathed, while taking a seat on it, and crossing her ankles like a lady. "Where am I gonna be?" She asked, trying to eye the hat even as it was placed on her head. "My mum was a Hufflepuff, my da was a Slytherin, my brother's a Slytherin, and I think like both of their entire families were Slytherins too. Does that mean I'll be one too? Or am I puffish? Or maybe clawish? I dunno maybe even a Gryffindor. Has anyone ever not gotten a house before? Is that possible? If it is where would I even sleep?" Her questions went on and on, and she wondered if the hat would find her annoying. She wasn't sure how anyone could find someone as cute as her annoying... but then again this was a whole new world to her.

■ CHILDISH Peyton has never had the need to grow up because her brother (and to some extent her parents) do everything for her. She tends to be a bit naive because of this and also expects people to do things for her because they always have before.
                                                        ■ ENTITLED Peyton thinks she deserves the world and is always rather confused and annoyed when she doesn't get everything she wants immediately. She doesn't understand the idea of not having everything and anything she wants, and thinks the world and people around her should love her for everything she is, even when she's being obnoxious. The idea of someone not having as much as she does has never crossed her mind.
                                                        ■ CHARMING Pey is very charming. She knows she's cute and she likes to use that to her advantage. She finds that generally she can get people to like her with a smile or a cute twirl.
                                                        ■ SWEET Despite being rather spoiled, Peyton is actually a very sweet person on the inside. She never says anything unkind on purpose and wants to please everyone around her. She just doesn't realize that not everyone has had the privileges she has.
                                                        ■ HONEST Pey is very honest. She finds lying and manipulation to be abhorent and thinks that if you just say whats on your mind and don't try and hide things that everything will turn out okay. In that way she is also a tad naive to how the world really works.
                                                        ■ RAMBUNCTIOUS Like her mother before her, Peyton is full of energy and life. She has trouble sitting still and always wants to be doing something or working on something. She is playful and fun, and loves to tell jokes or just go on an adventure.

Used to let it go
                                                        Walk into the show

Gawking at the tricks up your sleeve
                                                        Too good to be true

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There's a house for everyone, dear girl
And I imagine you'd find yourself quite at home wherever you went
Which is why I think you'll do very well in

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:52 pm
The Sorting Hat

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx
JANE
ALPIN
EGAREVA

Jane waited quietly with the rest of the first years, keeping a firm hand on her frog with both hands. She was looking forward to being sorted and finding out what new family she would be part of here. Hopefully it was the same as her older brother’s because they were always close, but she could understand if they weren’t. She hoped whichever her house was would be nice and friendly and didn’t mind pets. She couldn’t wait to meet more magical creatures, human or otherwise.

Personality:

OPEN jane is always open to new ideas and opinions. She’s curious and creative but always wants to see more.
CHAMELEON Jane generally matches whatever the energy in the room is and fits in with whatever social circle she’s in. She quiets down to pay attention in class but is in her element playing sports or video games.
DISORGANIZED Jane isn’t really a slob, but her personal organization doesn’t really make sense to anyone, even herself sometimes.
NICE Jane is generally helpful, considerate, kind, and cooperates well with people.
BUSY Jane likes to keep busy, even if it’s just keeping up with friends. She makes more plans than she can possibly complete and then feels bad when she can’t do everything. Even still, she’ll always make time for the person right in front of her.
EXTROVERTED Jane likes spending time with other people, even if it’s just her brother. She’s always more awake or excited after talking or hanging out.

OOC:
Username

Hm, let's see then
Nice and friendly and doesn't mind pets?
For a girl as kind and friendly as you, I think I can manage that

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:54 pm
The Sorting Hat

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx
JOSEPH
MESCHO
EGAREVA

Joe waited in the crowd next to his twin. Tahm Kench, his frog, was stuck in his hair, one webbed foot handing on his glasses. Both were looking at the empty plates of the table, wondering what was for dinner. Jane said there would be a house for both of them but Joe was still wondering if the Hat could kick him out. He didn’t really care which house he was in, but Jane was going first so he figured he’d just ask to be in the same house. The twins tended to have the same friends anyways, and it would be nice to not be split into separate school families.

Personality:

CHILL Joe is s pretty chill dude. He gets riled up about sports and video games, but is usually pretty laid back.
AGREEABLE joe doesn’t really have very strong opinions anyways so goes along with whatever people around him think.
MESSY Joe likes things neat and really tries to keep his room clean, but it always seems to devolve into a mess. The same goes with his life.
HUMOROUS joe likes a good joke. He’s not really funny himself, but he does appreciate other people’s jokes and does try the occasional bad pun.
LAZY Joe goes to school and mostly does his work and chores, but he’d rather be watching tv, playing video games, or sleeping. He can never seem to get enough sleep.
INTROVERTED Joe likes people but sometimes just needs time alone to recharge. The only exception to this seems to be his little sister.

OOC:
Username

Well now, normally I might like to split you two up
But I do believe you've got the right idea of it
It'll do you well to be surrounded by kind people who value hard work

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:06 pm
The Sorting Hat

Stefan Lee Salvatore
User Image
❀ Flora Helen Norris ❀
First Year Unsorted

"11 is the fourth number that stays the same when turned upside down after 0, 1, and 8."

Flora Helen followed the other first years to the sorting table, it had been quite an adventure to get to Hogwarts, a train and boats, followed by a walk. She nodded politely toward her fellow first years, wondering what was going to happen. As they were called one by one, she began racking her mind as to what would happen, there were 4 houses she could go into, but what were the chances the hat wouldn't put her in any? That possibility had to be pretty now, but it was possible. As she sat down to be sorted she heard the hat start saying things to her, she jumped slightly. Oh this was terrifying what was going to happen... she whispered out, "The chances of you putting me in the house that I want to be in has to be more than 25% right? At least 30% Unless... do you not take requests in mind? No... I don't think I want to bias you. Put me somewhere I'll fit in and can become very successful." She waited for the hat to say it's piece, who knew what would happen now.

Personality:

Crafty Flora wants to create something out of anything. Particularly if anything can be turned into a flower pot - she’s going to do it. A jar? It’s a flower pot. Sport Ball? It’s a flower pot. That globe? Well it’d be a good flower pot… or a lamp shade.
Cowardly Flora Helen is terrified of trying new things, seeing new people. She wanted to avoid difficult things if possible. She gets scared easily, and wants to avoid that.
Picky/Organized Flora Helen wants things a certain way; She wants them neat and organized if possible. The order doesn’t necessarily make sense to other people, but it’s her order and that’s the way it should be.
Kind Flora Helen wants to help others out, give them a hug. She’ll give a stranger a smile, before dashing away as fast as possible.
Easily Confused There’s too much going on in the world, and it overwhelms Flora Helen. It doesn’t take much to make her not understand what’s happening, particularly if there is conversation going on.
Intelligent In the midst of her confusion - Flora needs to say something. So, she’s memorized as many facts as she can about anything. When she gets confused about the topic - she spouts out a random fact about it.

"If you turn me upside down I'll still be the same, but my face might turn red and the world will look upside down."

Where & Who: Sorting Feast with the First Years
Thinking about: This is fine.
Wearing: Plain Robes

I do like to take your preferences into account, dear
And everyone does indeed get a house, no worries there
Your curiosity and analytical skills are impressive
I think you'll do very well in

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:08 pm
The Sorting Hat

oyehh
User Image

User Image
                                            User Image
                                          • She was finally here! Lainey had been dreaming about Hogwarts for years and now she got to actually study and live in an actual castle! And Benji wasn't there to ruin it! She couldn't resist squealing as soon as she glimpsed the castle from the boat—nearly scaring her fellow first years out of the boat—and as they were lead through the halls, she couldn't stop staring, drinking in all sights from the vaulted ceilings to the windows and the suits of armour.

Lainey practically vibrated in place as they stood waiting to finally be sorted. She didn't particularly want a grimy old hat that might have lice to be placed on her head, but sacrifices have to be made. Her foot tapped faster and faster as the her turn approached and when her name was called, she shot off towards the stool and sitting down quickly. She didn't close her eyes, the Great Hall was too magnificent to ignore and the ceiling was as beautiful as her da said, but she kept most of her focus inwards.

I don't care what house I get into as long into one, so please do your magic.

↳ Competitive:
                                                    Being called competitive is putting it mildly; Lainey likes to win. There are few things that get under her more than coming in second, or worse. The easiest way to make her care about something is to make it a competition, and even though she might not care about the prize, she still would rather win and could be rather ruthless about it.

↳ Imaginative:
                                                    Lainey has always loved stories, especially the fairy tales her mother told her, and always enjoyed pretending to be a princess or fairy playing in her garden, making more and more elaborate stories as she grew older. It's not limited to making stories, she can come up with elaborate ideas and workarounds to problems, although this can partially be attributed to her determination to not let things get in her way.

↳ Headstrong:
                                                    Lainey considers herself highly, and usually thinks she's correct with all the self-righteousness of an older sister. Of course, when she's proven wrong, she won't ignore it, but she'll take it with ill grace and it takes a lot to change her mind. And when she's set on a path, she won't dissuaded until it comes back to bite her.

↳ Quick-Tempered:
                                                    Lainey is not patient by nature and can get irritated easily. While she isn't usually rude (except to her brother), she doesn't hesitate to let people know that she's mad. She doesn't forget easily either and can hold grudges, especially if someone really angered her and didn't apologise.

↳ Selfish:
                                                    She might not like to admit it, but Lainey can be quite selfish and likes instant gratification. She does tend to think of herself first and it's not in her nature to consider the ramifications of her actions on others before doing something; she actually hates that. She's actually envious of people who do that because she wishes she could be naturally considerate and not only after being reminded.

↳ Studious:
                                                    Lainey actually enjoys learning. She doesn't enjoy the work that comes with it, especially homework since it cuts into her free time, but she tries her best to stay on top of her studies. She finds it rather satisfying and she manages to get all her work done so that she can enjoy doing whatever she wants without guilt.

• WHERE Great Hall tab tab tab WITH other students tab tab tab FEELING excited

OOC xxx

username

Why is it always lice? They do clean me, you know
Still, there's some bravery in your heart
Eagerness, and you've got something to prove
Yes, you're a cinch for

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:34 pm
I'm calling you from the future
To let you know we've made a mistake
And there's a fog from the past that's giving me, giving me
Such a headache

Uɴѕorтed Fιrѕт Yeαr ✶ HαlғвloodProғeѕѕιoɴαl Pυzzler

》》Cley had enjoyed the train ride even if the other kids in the carriage ignored him once they figured out he wasn't very talkative which he found rather nice since he'd thought they would've kicked him out instead. For the last few hours he spent either napping, reading, and trying not to spew the many train facts he'd accidentally remembered last night in his excitement for today. When they finally arrived at the station he, like all the others, were lead to the lake which they crossed (again he was silent but he did offer a few scared kids some consolation that the giant squid wasn't known for eating kids) before they were lead right into the Great Hall. In front of everyone and he was sure even a few ghosts. No pressure at all. He was sweating through his robes and wondering what exactly his ancestors had been thinking choosing a name so late in the alphabet before, finally, his name was called. Cley hopped on the stool trying to keep calm and was thankful when the sorting hat was placed on his head that blinded him to the rest of the hall. "Sorry in advance for the mess up there." he whispered thinking of all the random facts he'd deep dived in his anxiety for today.

And I'm back with a madness, I'm a champion
Of the people who don't believe in champions
I got nothing but dreams inside
I got nothing but dreams
I'm just young enough to still believe, still believe
But young enough not to know what to believe in

◊ NONCHALANT Cley is rather used to going with the flow of whatever next big thing his parents threw themselves into. It takes allot to get him to lose his cool or focus.
      ◊ PASSIVE With being used mostly as a prop for his parents, he’s gotten good at letting things wash over them without actually taking any of it to heart. It also helps with hiding disappointment.
      ◊ INNOVATIVE Having parents who can and have drop or pick up anything at the flip of a coin has made Cley rather inventive. He enjoys learning and picking apart just about anything put in front of him. It’s definitely helped a time or two when things inexplicably fall apart at different galas or charity functions.
      ◊ SELF-CONSCIOUS Being under the scrutiny of not just his parents but whomever they deem important has made him vastly uncomfortable in his own skin. He tends to stray from people’s eyesights and whenever he is talking to someone he’s anxious that he’s boring them or constantly saying the wrong thing.
      ◊ MODEST In hand with his self-conscious behavior, Cley doesn’t think much of the things he’s good at. Sure he can name all the lakes on Jupiter or create paper cranes but can it help with the starving children in Honduras? He doesn’t think so.
      ◊ INQUISITIVE Cley enjoys puzzles and challenges and when bored at functions and when not under his parent’s gaze will occasionally create some for himself to do. He also enjoys learning about just about anything that catches his eye. His wikipedia search history is a massive black hole and he’s rather ok with that.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:16 pm
User Image
                                                  Today I'm gonna try a little harder
                                                  Gonna make every minute last longer
                                                  Gonna learn to forgive and forget
                                                  'Cause we don't have long, gonna make the most of it

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ

════════════════════════

Taylor walked up the hall, nervous until he spotted his uncle tipping his hat toward him. He'd never been here, obviously, but he'd heard stories from his various family members about the school. Now that he was here in the flesh, he was tempted to grab a camera and take pictures of everything he was seeing. At least to show his dad, he reasoned. This had to be the most wicked thing he'd ever experienced. Besides, how many people could claim to know so much about a place and yet know so little because of experience? He was just so curious to find out everything about Hogwarts that he missed his name being called until he heard his uncle clear his throat. Blushing, Tay scrambled up to get to the stool and sit down, feeling like his ears caught fire. As the hat descended, he merely thought, So, how long have you been around? Have you sorted every student here? Were there ever any students you never sorted, and why?'.

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ◊ CALM Taylor is calm, not prone to over-exaggeration or overly emotional. He tends to keep his emotions in check, mostly because he learned from an early age how to control them. As a result, he tends not to freak out when things go wrong and is relatively laid back.
                                                      ◊ INTELLIGENT Taylor is also intelligent. He loves learning, and loves knowing things. At times, he can sound like a know-it-all, but he particularly likes sharing what he knows to others so they can learn too.
                                                      ◊ CONSIDERATE Despite being something of a know-it-all, Taylor is also considerate of others. He is willing to lend a helping hand or a listening ear. As a result, he's more aware of other people's feelings and reactions.
                                                      ◊ CURIOUS Taylor might be too curious for his own good. He loves asking questions, the harder, the better, and is always interested in things going on around him. As a result, this can land him in trouble if he's not careful.
                                                      ◊ MISCHIEVOUS Ironically, Taylor is also mischievous. He likes jokes and pranks, but nothing that would cause other people harm. He also likes to make other people smile and laugh, though he is not always successful in this endeavor.
                                                      ◊ IDEALISTIC Above everything, Taylor is an idealist. He believes in the best of everyone, and thinks that whatever life throws at someone, something good will come out of it. He's also a bit gullible in this regard, as sometimes he's unable to see a bad person or situation because of this.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Wow, I bet Dad would love to see this!
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
                                                  Reach out to somebody who needs me
                                                  Make a change, make the world a better place
                                                  'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games