Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elvisnake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:08 pm
Yeah, I say we make sure we have Mon Cal, Naboo, and possibly Chandrilla or something before we start any major military crud.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:18 pm
Hrm ... dunno if Chandrilla is a g'd idea, what with IKs taking refuge there. sweatdrop  

AFK Masturbating

elvisnake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:21 pm
Ooh, good point sad Where else should we go then?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:28 pm
Mon Cal, Naboo ...we could go to Chandrilla, though there'd be a nasty surprise waiting for the party there. How neutral is that place, anyway?

And, I still think an outpost should be established on a remote world, at some point. Plus, I imagine those Galactic Remnant guys would be hanging around some far off backwater somewhere or other.  

AFK Masturbating

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:33 pm
So I have introduced my character, but now I have no idea what to do next, anybody have a suggestions for an over zealous bounty hunter? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:37 pm
Quote:
Plus, the guerrilla warfare stuff is what I at least thought we'd be doing, we just need a military force first. Hence, why we're doing the political crap first.

And now at last, I'm reminded of why most people don't know how to start a rebellion... You shouldn't have a military force, at the start you should just be a bunch of guys that hate the empire and have got a Blastech in your closet. You go out and gun down a stormtrooper or two. This will get other people that don't like the empire very much to go out and try it. Eventually they run across each other and start working together. They go after bigger targets, bigger then the occasional stormtrooper at a checkpoint. They hit convoys and usually get thoroughly owned by the Imperials, but they keep trying.

Then the insurgents start stealing stuff, a speeder here, an arms convoy there, a transport and so on... Only once you've made a couple worlds into meatgrinders for the Empire's stormtroopers do you start true military operations, but even then you'll never have a force that will be able to keep and hold ground without help...

That is when you use diplomacy in a rebellion. Not before, and even then the worlds that help you will have to do it in a cloack and dagger manner, because no loose coaltion of worlds is going to be able to stand up against the full empire... until you get the majority of their worlds to also begin having problems with insurgents and revolts.

My favorite quote reguarding resitance and insurgent operations comes from Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

"Just so you all know, we're screwed. They've got tanks, training, men, and what do we got? -(pause)- So alright lets do this, not because its smart, not because its safe, but because we have no other choice. They've already taken our homes, our country, and our freedom. They've already taken our lives...so what do we got to loose? Okay, with vengeance and rage we can burn these guys."  

stellarmagic

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:54 pm
Johnny: That's really good! As for where to go, I fear I've little to offer you there at this time. ^_^;;

Stellar: So, you're suggesting that Kalnar and Gunther pwnz0rate Iria, then? XD  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:59 pm
Hey, now ... !! gonk xd  

Nina Halford

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:54 pm
FP, dare I ask why you're taking an Imperial Battlewagon out to hunt Pirates?
Thats the job of the Sector Rangers, bounty hunters, and Imperial Customs agents.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:03 pm
Wrong.

Sector Rangers dotn even exist I don't think, bounty hunters are only there by contract not by law, and customs agents can only deal with onplanet business.

At least during the GA, the GA Defense Fleets were pirate hunting at offpoints.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:05 pm
what the hell do you mean the Sector Rangers dont exist?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:07 pm
You know, all you needed to do to head toward Yaga Minor was ask the Harbor master. He'd have told you exactly where we were going and with what ships... the whole shebang.

I still won't make this little chase of yours any easier... twisted  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:14 pm
I didnt think he knew there was a Harbor Master.
Besides, Yaga Minor's a major Imperial Naval Yard.
You'd think they could defend themselves from the ocasional pirate band.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:17 pm
Cale Darksun

Okay I wasn't sure about that.

I didn't know whether or not it still was by the time of Legacy.

And is Wookiee not working for anyone else?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:20 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Cale Darksun

Okay I wasn't sure about that.

I didn't know whether or not it still was by the time of Legacy.

And is Wookiee not working for anyone else?

That Close to bastion, They would at least have a battlestation there.
Assume the shypyard remains unless they say otherwise.
And Wookieepedia works just fine for me.

Now lets talk about why theres no Sector Rangers....  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games