Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:58 pm
User Image
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
FUTURE FIRST-YEAR UNSORTED
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

User Image
                                                The journey to get here hadn't gone quite exactly as she'd expected. She'd been rather dazed from the crowd and the excitement at the train station, so she hadn't been able to find Brian, who she'd been hoping to sit by on the train. Instead, she'd found an empty compartment and curled up to take a nap. At the lake, she'd been too distracted by the gorgeous view of the castle to even speak, and the gaggle of first years had simply swept her along as she moved up toward the great hall. Now, as she watched the sorting, her mind was all jumbled. It was the first time she'd really thought about what house she might end up in, and knots formed in her stomach. There weren't really any houses that she didn't want, it was more of a general nervousness to be put into a group where she didn't know anybody. She was starting from scratch; was at the bottom of the totem pole here at Hogwarts. Wyn knew she could rise, given time, but this was a big moment.

She was so lost in thought that she missed it entirely when her name was read. She felt a gentle shove on her shoulder as it was read a second time, unsure where it had come from. She blushed bright red with embarrassment, but slowly made her way to the stool whereupon the hat would decide her destiny. She sat, trying not to look out upon the rest of the school, and felt the hat softly perch above her brown locks. I trust you, she thought, assuming the hat could understand. Just help me find the house where I can excel. With that, she waited, hoping the hat wouldn't take too long with his decision. It had been too long of a day for sitting in the spotlight.

OOC:
                                                AMBITIOUS If she can help it, Wyn likes to be the best at what she does. She can get frustrated if she doesn't rise quickly to the top, especially if she ends up hovering too close to the bottom. Success is validation to her, and both recognition and reward for such success fulfills her in a way nothing else can. Though she does not always have a clear goal, when she does find one, she will do what it takes to meet it.
                                                KIND The limit to her ambition is the welfare of others. While she will do a lot to succeed, she draws the line at harming or taking advantage of others. She is, for the most part, respectful, generous, and caring. She also craves friendship, and gets validation from having made someone's day or having brought a smile to a friend. She will stand up to those to do injustices or who trample upon others.
                                                IDEALISTIC Wyn has a very clear vision of how she wants her world to be, and works hard to make that vision a reality. She is unaccepting of contradictory opinions. While to be happy and successful she will have to learn flexibility, she has yet to develop the ability to bite her tongue.
                                                DECISIVE Time should not be wasted coming to a decision, at least not according to Wynnie. She acts quickly, and is often the first to take a leap that others might need a little time to prepare for. She tries, but visibly fails, to be patient when waiting for others to make up their minds. Not quite a leader, she is the equivalent of the first penguin to jump in the water as others look on for predators.
                                                RESOURCEFUL Wyn will recognize and use all the tools at her disposal to solve problems. She learned this skill very quickly when her mother walked out and she needed to help provide for herself and her defeated, resigned father. She will apply this skill not only for her own gain, but in the service of others if they come to her for aid. If you ever see Wyn hesitate, it's really just that she is pausing to take stock of the resources around her.
                                                UNINHIBITED In the name of open communication, Wyn is very clear and forward about her thoughts, feelings, and desires. The only exception is things that are obviously unkind or harmful, though these have been known to slip through the cracks. Without a filter, she carries on without suppressing her personality in the slightest.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                          тнe тrυтн ιѕ, тнe тrυтн ιѕ a нeavy ѕтone
                                          тнe тrυтн ιѕ, тнe тrυтн ιѕ a нeavy ѕтone
                                          ѕo won'т yoυ нelp мe вroтнer
                                          caυѕe ι can'т lιғт тнιѕ on мy own

spaceIf he were being perfectly honest, Book was well aware that cursing his parents name for ordering his surname the way they had was ridiculous. But, it didn't stop him from doing it, because he could have been one of the first kids sorted, but nooooo. Cobb-Sanderson just didn't have the same "ring," his mother had told him once, when he'd been complaining about being stuck sitting next to a boy he didn't like in school with an "R" surname, instead of his best friend, who'd had a "C." And now, because Sanderson-Cobb just "sounded better," he was one of the last kids sorted instead.

spaceBook wasn't an angry kid, really, but he was impatient, and a bit of a brat, truth told. So when his name was finally (finally!) called, he half-ran to the stool, looking irritated and entirely undignified. Hopping up on it, he was mentally chanting, 'hurry up hurry up hurry up-', which if he'd really thought about it, was a terrible idea. His aunt and uncle had told him the hat was bloody well psychic, telepathic, whatever you wanted to call it. But he didn't care, because he bloody well wanted to be sorted, and now. He didn't even care that much where he went (though, he'd be surprised by a couple of the options), he just wanted to know, dammit.

spaceRemembering that, in fact, the hat was able to read his mind, he narrowed his eyes a little/ 'Alright you glorified blood rag,' he thought at it, 'You've been doing this for like a million years, you ought to have it down pat, so chop chop.' It did not occur to him that this attitude might have any sort of impact on his sorting; after all, it could read his whole mind, why would the current few seconds matter that much? Besides, it wasn't like one of the houses was labeled "detention."

тнe тrυтн wιll lιve
                                          тнe тrυтн wιll ѕeт yoυ ғree (yeѕ ιт wιll)
                                          тнe тrυтн wιll, тнe тrυтн wιll ѕeт yoυ ғree
                                          ιт'ѕ a вιттer pιll мy people
                                          well we вeттer ѕтarт cнewιng, ιғ yoυ ĸnow wнaт ι мean

wнere - Great Hall
                                          wнen - Sorting Feast 2053
                                          wιтн - The Sorting Hat
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

IMPULSIVE
                                          xxx»» Book doesn't have a lot of patience, nor a lot of impulse control. Once he's got something in his head, he's probably already halfway done doing it. He rarely asks for permission to do much of anything, and is perfectly fine dealing with the consequences of his actions. Well, usually. If he thinks the consequences aren't equal to his crime, then he'll complain. A lot. And loudly.

CHEEKY
                                          xxx»» Book tends to let his attitude get the better of him. He's not one to take things seriously, and tends to talk back and be excessively combative and sarcastic with authority figures if he doesn't respect them. He's perfectly polite and well-behaved if he likes the person in charge, but if he doesn't, he's not about to sit quietly and let their nonsense go un-remarked-upon.

CREATIVE
                                          xxx»» Book gets bored easily, and he's excellent at coming up with new and interesting ways to become not-bored. His mind is always going, always coming up with new and exciting distractions. He tends have a hard time following instructions, or even remembering them, so coming up with his own method for accomplishing things is sort of necessary.

RUDE
                                          xxx»» It's not that Book's trying to be a jerk, he just has absolutely no verbal filter whatsoever and is very matter-of-fact about most things. He tends to stick his foot in his mouth on a daily basis, and doesn't usually feel sorry about it unless it makes someone he likes cry. Mostly, he just says what he thinks and figures people can deal with it, which leads to some very unfortunate comments here and there.

LOUD
                                          xxx»» "Calm" is not a word used to describe Booker. Not his volume, not his behavior, not his clothes, nothing. If he goes more than ten minutes without saying something, it usually means he's plotting. Even then, he tends to not be totally silent; to keep his thought process on track, he usually mumbles whatever he's thinking. If he's concentrating on something, he usually narrates it, or even sings it if he's in a particularly good mood. Bare minimum, he hums constantly.

QUICK
                                          xxx»» Everything about Booker is fast. He thinks fast, talks fast, moves fast. He has a hard time concentrating on most things because by the time someone else is done saying their piece, he's already moved past it. Having to slow down and explain things to people agitates him, so he tends to get annoyed with people who can't simply keep up. He's also prone to accidents because he can't sit still, and doesn't really pay attention to his surroundings when he moves, too concerned with getting from point A to point B.

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:59 am
User Image
Ronald David Quinn-Smith
Unsorted │ First Year │ Eleven Years Old │ Single

The whole day had a bit of a mad whirl, really. After waiting for what seemed like forever and three lifetimes, Ron's own adventure was off to a fast start. There were so many things he wanted to do, and now he had his chance. He wanted to cast spells and fly a broomstick, and play Quidditch, make friends, and, and, and, and.... Yeah, he had a list.

Ron and his family made the trek from their home in the Cotswold down to London the night before, and stayed the night in a hotel. They did that so they could meet up with friends of his mother's whom might be dropping off their own kids for the trip to Hogwarts, and so they could have breakfast in a more leisurely fashion than they might otherwise. This morning, they kinda got off to a late start, and while they managed to get to the train on time, they did cut things closer than any of them would have preferred. He would have liked to meet up with other people he knew, but with the bustle of things, and the mad whirl of families saying their good-byes, he couldn't spot anyone he knew, and the noise was enough that he was developing a dull ache behind his eyes.

Brianna gave him a big hug and tried to kiss him when it was time to say good-bye, and unfortunately he couldn't dodge either without making a big scene, or making her cry, so he had to put up with being fussed over by his baby sister. With Dad, it was a big hug and a handshake, after he'd slugged the school trunk over to be put on the train, that and some bits of last minute advice about how to handle things when at school.

Mom tried so hard not to break down and cry in front of him, and Ron felt so badly for her. 'Please, Mom, hold it together a little longer. I know its hard for you, but, please hold it together a few minutes longer.' The way she'd fussed over him, and double and triple-checked he had everything in his trunk, and all of his books for school, it was like she was sending him off to fight in the Clone Wars or the War of the Five Kings, and like they'd never see each other again. 'Dear God, make her stop before somebody who knows me sees her doing this to me,' was the overriding thought which went through his mind like a mantra. She promised to meet him in Hogsmeade to bring him home over the holidays. Ron heard her snuffling and trying hard not to cry over him when they hugged once more beside the Hogwarts Express, clutching at him so hard that he could feel she was literally shaking, and it was only when the conductor was about to give the last call to board the train, did she reluctantly release him from her embrace and allow him to go on his own.

After that emotional sendoff, the headache Ron had been feeling pulsed up like a developing thunderstorm, and when he worked his way along the train's passageway, he found an empty compartment at the back of the train where he could pull the door shut and stretch out on a bench seat and try sleeping it off. At some point, he woke up when the lady with the sweets trolley was making her rounds. After scoring a couple cauldron cakes and a box of All-Flavour Beans, he settled in for the remainder of the trip to read about the upcoming season's hockey teams.

The biggest thrill for him thus far was seeing the castle. It was like sailing across Blackwater Bay and seeing the Red Keep perched atop Aegon's High Hill, and the feeling was further reinforced upon seeing the House banners in the Great Hall, with Gryffindor's looking rather similar to House Lannister's, Ravenclaw's being like House Arryn, and House Mormont's looking kinda like Hufflepuff's own, if one didn't mind substituting a bear for a badger.

And now, here he was waiting for his turn with the Sorting Hat. 'Nobody told me this part,' he thought, as he waited, and with his name so far back in the alphabet, he guessed he'd number among the last to be Sorted. He'd asked mom how they got Sorted, repeatedly, and all she'd done was smile and tell him some things were worth finding out when they came up. 'Never figured on a knacky old hat choosing my House for me; didn't see that one coming. Mom told me she was scared and nervous the whole time when she got here; afraid she didn't belong here. I just want to get it over with and have dinner. At least I'm not being asked to present my lineage in front of the whole school. I, Ronald David Quinn-Smith, son of Andrew Smith and Danica Quinn-Smith, first of his name, and all that. Yeah, that'd get old really quickly.' Lost in his musings, it came as a bit of a jolt when his name was finally got called.

When he sat down, he waited as the hat was placed upon his head, and he thought, 'Hello, Mister Hat, um, wasn't exactly ready for this. So what do you need from me? Um, Dad went to Eton, uh, Mom, played Quidditch a few years here for Gryffindor. Do you remember her? Sure, I'm it's been a while, but still.... Um, so how does this work?'

Personality:

■ Loyal: I stick by my friends, no matter what. I learned early on a lot of my mom’s ‘family’ were really friends from school and work, and not blood at all. She told me that ‘friends are the family you choose’, and I totally believe that.
■ Friendly: What can I say? I like having lots of friends; makes it easier to get up a pick-up game of football or quidditch.
■ Hardworking: Mom’s a healer at St. Mungo’s, and Dad’s a researcher at a big-time Muggle pharmaceutical company, and they wouldn’t have done all that without putting in all the work, and they expect me to do the same if I hope to ever do whatever it is that I decide what I want to be. So, yeah, when I need to, I can and will bust butt and get it done.
■ Honest: I’m not really fond of liars and cheats, and try not to be one either. I also don’t like people whom play tricks on me.
■ Quiet: Okay, I’m not a loudmouth, and I don’t like drawing huge amounts of attention, and I’ve learned its best to think before saying things and doing things. When I do stuff on the fly, usually things don’t work out as badly as they could. Usually.
■ Sports-Oriented: I love to participate in sports, football (soccer), hockey, quidditch (if I can make the team). Don’t care if I’m the ‘star’ or not, just so long as I get to play and make a contribution for the team.

■ Playing football with my dad, and hockey with Uncle Dave
■ The Star Wars, Marvel and Game of Thrones franchises
■ Getting lost in a good book or a movie
■ Pizza and spaghetti
■ The Tutshill Tornados, our home team

Dislikes:

■ Drama, it’s all so much noise
■ Getting smothered by mom. I know she means well and wants to make sure I’m okay, but I don’t mind getting bumps and bruises
■ Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts. Um, yuck!
■ Anybody that messes with my friends
■ Getting ignored.

Hobbies:
■ Following Quidditch on the Wireless
■ Collecting Star Wars and Marvel stuff, like books, comics, figures
■ Drawing my own comics

Strengths:
■ I’m pretty good at sports
■ I’ve also learned how to put a good effort in when I want to get something done.

Weaknesses:

■ Kinda like my mom, I’m a terrible liar. Mom and Dad can call me on it without even half-trying.
■ I do kinda overanalyze my failings. When I screw up, or things just don’t work out right, I try hard to figure how and where I screwed up and try not to do it again. Don’t always I succeed, but I do try.

Fears:

■ I’m afraid I can’t live up to the examples set by my parents

OOC:
Username

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

Cinnabun Gryffie
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Hogwarts!
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? The Sorting Hat!
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Sorting!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is so cool!

Daphne was super excited. She'd gotten to ride a train, then a spooky old boat across a spooky old lake. Finally, they got to the castle. It was time! The nice lady, the Deputy Headmistress, explained the sorting process, then led them all into a huge room. Daphne looked all around, eyes wide and mouth agape. There were students at four different tables, each color coded. Red, Yellow, Blue, and Green. Which one would be her chosen house? Only a hat stood in her way. As soon as her name was called, the girl practically raced to the front and plopped down, her grin never wavering as the hat lowered over her eyes. "Hello there, hat. Where do you think I should go? Either way, I'm excited about this part!"

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxAᴍʙɪᴛɪᴏᴜs:
                                                    Daphne is incredibly ambitious, usually in her goals of achieving her dreams. She works incredibly hard to get where she needs to go, determined to always be better than she currently is.

xxxxxCʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                    Daphne is creative, usually using her artistic ability to create everything she sees. She loves channeling her creativity into the arts, typically pottery.

xxxxxCʟᴇᴠᴇʀ:
                                                    Daphne has a quick wit, always something to say. Typically, she has a sharp response to anything brought up, but luckily she's also got a pretty good filter.

xxxxxRᴇsᴏᴜʀᴄᴇꜰᴜʟ:
                                                    Daphne is great at figuring out ways to carry along. She is skilled at using what she has to get to where she needs to go. She typically uses this in her studies, taking what knowledge she has and using it to learn more.

xxxxxLᴏʏᴀʟ:
                                                    Once Daphne considers someone a friend, she'll do anything she can to protect them and keep them close. She's very much a ride-or-die type friend, who often goes overboard in caring for her friends.

xxxxxHᴏɴᴇsᴛ:
                                                    Despite having a great filter, Daphne is pretty bad about dropping brute honesty. Don't trust her to gloss over things with little white lies.

I ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍɪss ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴛ! I'ᴍ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ғᴇᴇᴛ!
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ
I'ᴍ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ, I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴠᴇs ᴜᴘ ᴀs I ɢᴏ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴄʀᴜɪsɪɴɢ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ, ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ ɢʀᴏᴏᴠɪɴɢ
Iᴛ's ʟɪᴋᴇ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ sᴀʏɪɴɢ ɪᴛ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴛᴇʀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ
I sʜᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏғғ, I sʜᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏғғ

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
And I am appreciative of your enthusiasm, my dear!
Now then, let's have a look, shall we?
Oh, yes, I think you'll do quite well in

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:09 pm
The Sorting Hat

Cinnabun Gryffie
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Hogwarts Great Hall
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? A gross hat
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Sorting
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I would like to keep these nice black robes

Milan was both excited and not. He already had his life established at home, and going to Hogwarts would change everything. Luckily, he wouldn't be alone. That was the cool thing about his family. There were always four of them together. He didn't particularly like the train ride (though it was better since the quadruplets blocked off the door to avoid weirdos) and he definitely disliked the boats, but he had to admit, living in a castle like old-timey royalty had its appeal. Then they got to the Great Hall. There were bunches of kids wearing robes in colors that were honestly not flattering. Why couldn't they keep the sleek black robes? When told what the sorting process was, Milan visibly recoiled. They were going to have to wear a hat that god only knew who else had worn. Disgusting. And, since they were going alphabetically by last name, he was going to have to wait for all these other germy kids to go first. Ugh.

When they finally got to the W's, Milan had to watch Hari and Echo go first, then he got called up. He sat on the stool, crossing his ankles... and his arms. When the hat lowered over his perfectly done hair, Milan let out a visible shudder. "Alright, hat. It's you and me. I need to be in a house with at least one of my sisters. Fail to do this, and you'll meet the seam-ripper I keep in my sewing kit. Deal?"

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxSɴᴏᴏᴛʏ:
                                                              Milan is always thinking he's better than everyone else in the room. He dislikes things he considers childish or silly, and will often make his opinions on the matter known.

xxxxxSᴀʀᴄᴀsᴛɪᴄ:
                                                              Whether it's quirky replies or his quick wit, most of the time Milan has something sarcastic to say. He doesn't particularly care if he hurts feelings, but he does get a sense of joy when people don't understand his dry humor at first.

xxxxxPʀᴏᴜᴅ:
                                                              Milan often finds himself proud, either of something mundane, such as his outfit choice, or something with more meaning, like something he worked hard on. Whenever he can't find something to be proud of, he'll fake it to make sure it seems normal.

xxxxxGᴏssɪᴘʏ:
                                                              Milan absolutely loves talking to people about people. If he sees something that looks like it'll bring good drama, you can count on him to spread the word.

xxxxxPʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏᴜs:
                                                              Milan is often trying to impress people by seeming better than he is. He does anything he can to make people think he's important.

xxxxxCʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                              Despite his sense of pretentiousness, Milan is secretly a creative soul. He loves doing designs to help with his mom's fashion business, and even enjoys doodling on his own sometimes.

I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sᴛᴏʀʏ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴏғғ ᴍʏ ᴄʜᴇsᴛ
Mʏ ʟɪғᴇ ɢᴇᴛs ᴋɪɴᴅᴀ ʙᴏʀɪɴɢ, ɴᴇᴇᴅ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏɴғᴇss
'Tɪʟ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ sʟᴇᴇᴠᴇs ᴀʀᴇ sᴛᴀɪɴᴇᴅ ʀᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I'ᴠᴇ sᴀɪᴅ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ʙʏ ɪᴛ ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛʟʏ I sᴡᴇᴀʀ, ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴡ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪɴᴋ, ɴᴏ
I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀɪɴᴋ sᴏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ
Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴇᴀʀs, I'ᴍ sɪᴄᴋ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsɪɴᴄᴇʀᴇ
Sᴏ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ ʟɪᴇ. Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ɪғ ᴄʀɪᴛɪᴄs ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴊᴜᴍᴘ ɪɴ ʟɪɴᴇ
I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs ᴀᴡᴀʏ

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Well I must admit, that's somehow a tamer threat than I usually get
And a more interesting one, all at once, so bravo
You've got quite the creative mind, eh?
Well, then, let's see how you fare in

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:12 pm
The Sorting Hat

addaellis

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

first year || unsorted || halfblood

Since their grand shopping extravaganza to Diagon Alley, Echo Angharad had taken to opening her first year textbooks whenever she got that uneasy feeling about leaving home. Over the train ride listening to her quadruplets, an uncomfortable feeling, like spiders ice-skating on her heartstrings had started, growing until she took out her neat, color-coded notes on charms transfiguration and focused on reviewing. When they got off at Hogsmeade station she had felt reluctant to let any of her quadruplets--even Yaretzi-- out of sight, fearing it would be the last time they had each other nearby. The chances of all four of them being sorted into the same house was slim, and she didn’t want to be without the only competent people she knew.

The Hogwarts uniforms were...decent. A little plain and uninteresting, and clearly some people hadn’t had their robes properly tailored. There was a metamorphmagus with messy hair grinning and joking around and generally being a nuisance, and Echo turned away with a sigh--she was expected to go to school with these inane idiots? To learn in this environment?

Not like it was anything new. Echo Angharad had always known the Wellbeloves were of a higher caliber than most others, magical or not. Echo would excel at Hogwarts, even if all her classmates turned out to have the intelligence of a goldfish--well, goldfish had redeeming qualities too anyways, like being beautiful. Some of these humans... she couldn’t say the same for.

All their lives, Harlynn had always been the oldest and ought-to-be first, but the Sorting was done alphabetically. Echo Angharad noticed this, and by the time ”Wellbelove, Echo” was called, Echo Angharad was prepared. She nodded to her siblings, held her head high, and approached the stool.

Echo had a withering expression when she saw the Sorting Hat up close--old, patchy thing as it was--and remembering how many other heads it had touched just that night had caterpillars skittering up her arms. I’m going to need to make sure everyone super-washes their hair tonight. As the brim of the hat fell over her eyes, Echo smoothed her skirt and reminded herself of the statistics she’d calculated: Now. If houses were assigned at random, there would be a 9.5% chance we are all assigned to different houses and only be a 1.5% chance we all got the same house. But by the same logic, there is a 25% chance at least two of us get the same house. Plus, it’s not like the hat actually sorts us randomly. We’re all intelligent, ambitious, resourceful, and know where our loyalties lie... even if Yari is a bit ditzy. We’ll be fine. We’ll be together, or mostly together, as long as this...thirteenth century hat knows what it’s looking for….13th century? I’m not quite sure when worn out patch-hats were ever in style. Please tell me they’ve replaced the hat since the founder’s time? And at least wash it after every sorting?

Personality

CONDESCENDING Echo Angharad enjoys being right, being current, and being exact. She enjoys showing off and showing people up. While polite and dignified in company, Echo enjoys pointing out people’s mistakes and getting the attention for being right, thinly veiling her disdain behind helpful concern.

METICULOUS Whether from catching details other miss or just being picky with her tastes, Echo Angharad has an eye for detail that she applied to all of her work, from math to sewing to makeup. While Echo wishes she had the creative genius and fashionable eye of her siblings, Echo has always been more adept at collecting data and crunching numbers. Her work is always thoroughly researched and precise.

SEDULOUS Echo Angharad prides herself on always being up to date -- on the latest trends, gossip, or research --and this informedness comes from diligent habits: early to rise, always studying or observing, always reading and listening. Echo studies voraciously and puts all her studies to use in her own work, but also to point out the faults of others. Her studious habits have gained her an appreciation for even the smallest of details or the purposes of any disciplines. Nothing, however disgusting, is beneath her knowing, even if it is beneath her doing. This diligence carries over to her skincare and hygiene rituals, and to her keeping up with clothing styles,, makeup, and particularly, perfumes

INDEPENDENT Aside from her siblings and momma, Echo Angharad has never had a consistent friend. She has decided she doesn’t care to-- other than her family, people are either beneath her or against her. If she must do a group project she prefers working with Harlynn, who knows how to play to her strengths, or Milan, who she is closest with. Like any of her siblings she’s quick to defend her family, but Echo also likes to pretend she doesn’t need help and is perfectly confident and content on her own.

CONVENTIONAL While Echo Angharad has always tried to come up with original or creative ideas , she often resorts to simply copying a sample and recreating things with small modifications or adjustments-- “seamless improvements” -- rather than pioneering anything particularly new. Although she doesn’t quite have an original eye, Echo Angharad enjoys learning about materials and budgets and studies diligently to identify trends and their historical inspirations. While she can paint fairly adeptly, she struggles to translate her visions to the page. As loathe as she is to admit it, Echo relies on Milan’s discerning eye for her own appearance and his artistic talent for translating her thoughts.

setting Sorting 2053 || with Quadruplets, a bunch of first years, the rest of the school….and a hat that’s touched too many heads.
appearance 4’6”, slim || wearing crisply ironed uniform
status Please keep me with Milan at least?

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
(What follows) me as the whitest lace of light
(Will swallow whole) just begs to be imbrued?
(What follows) has led me to this place
Where I belong, with all erased
What follows
✩★
"Girl’s Not Grey" by AFI. Cover by Fueled by Emo.

My, we are bossy, aren't we?
Analytical, with a mind for numbers and details
Oh, yes, you'll be an excellent

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:18 pm
The Sorting Hat

addaellis

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

first year || unsorted || halfblood metamorphmagus

Unfortunately, sneaking Wally onto the train was a no go. But with very many hugs and goodbyes, they had been separated. And Galen soon found opportunity to talk to new people. .

Galen’s metamorphmagus abilities were having a field day. Everywhere he turned, everyone was magical, and there was no need to worry about suddenly-pastel-rainbow skin frightening anyone off. Even more exciting, this was his first-ever day of school! Galen had always been homeschooled, and while he loved his parents and before them Steffi and Luke, he was extraordinarily excited to experience school for himself. Vera hated it, of course, but Galen was sure he’d be able to write back with 15 positive things about school before the first day of classes was through. He already had 2: Classes with his best partner-in-crime Cass, and meeting awesome new people!

The one bad thing about the excitement and the meta ability constantly shifting fed into each other and by the time the first years had gathered in the Great Hall, Galen was starting to feel a little woozy. Galen pressed a hand against his chest and took a few deep breaths before his name was called and his heart skyrocketed with excitement again.

”Saylor, Galen.”

”Thank you, Professor Harlowe,” he mentioned quietly, taking a deep breath before the hat settled over his head. Galen had always been somewhat of an open book, and he didn't know much about how the hat worked besides the song it had sang. I wonder if the Sorting Hat feels things? Or if there's a way to help it make a decision. Hello Sorting Hat! I hope you have enjoyed the sortings tonight! Um...please put me where I can be helpful?

Personality
KIND Galen would like to be the kind of kind that heals hurt. Less concerned about nice words or following rules, Galen wants to encourage people to play the game of life to their best -- he listens to people and tries to find what is hurting and help them solve that, or at least face that. This isn’t always what people want or think is right, but it does come from genuine care.

DIPLOMATIC Galen is happiest when everyone can work together. He listens to what people need and looks for opportunities to bring people together for mutual benefit. He’s always willing to compromise or help negotiate a compromise, believing the best plans are always those that have the best parts of many plans. Especially when it’s just him, he’s quick to yield or concede if he thinks it’ll make people work together better. He always asks why people do mean things and is usually willing to make an excuse for them.

PLAYFUL Along with his optimism, Galen has a relentlessly playful spirit. He likes having fun, and he likes getting other people to have fun. Small pranks and jokes are always welcome, and even though he doesn't say rude joking things, he's willing to play along. Due to a heart defect, he can’t always run around and play for very much, but he does what he can-- whether it’s an impromptu dress up session or a meticulously detailed Dungeons and Dragons campaign, Galen just wants people to enjoy themselves and enjoy life.

PHILOSOPHICAL While at his age no one would call it philosophy, Galen does enjoy thinking about abstract ideas or just thinking about things “like an alien”. He tries very hard to make a metaphor out of everything, and to see something deep and meaningful in every whim of the universe.

HONEST Despite just wanting to be kind, Galen has basically been conditioned into honesty -- His meta ability meant his body literally telegraphed everything he felt, from guilt over a small lie to hurt at an offhand comment. Even without this though, he thinks it’s always best to be honest, and “white lies” are cover ups for deeper issues that could be better off discussed or accepted. The only time Galen will ever even try to be less than honest is for some in-game strategery.

setting Sorting 2053 || with First years
appearance || wearing messy uniform
status maybe too excited

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Welcome back the sunrise,
I'm finally waking up.
And I've been here for far too long,
but I think I've had enough.
Cause I've been praying for a change
for such a long long time.
Take a breath and step outside
and lay the past behind.
☺☻
"Supernova Sunrise" by We Are Leo

Helpful, you say?
What a wonderful request
I know exactly where to put you

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:20 pm
The Sorting Hat

mc2
♡ Aria ♡ Artemisia Rosalie League ♡
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxx
Time: Autumn 2053
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Artemisia knew she should be excited about her sorting and she was genuinely excited about the sorting of her fellow first years. She loved the journey to the castle finding it for a lack of better word magical. The night sky shining above them was just lovely but Artemisia (Aria) focused her energy on the hat. Her mum hoped for Hufflepuff. Her mum hoped Aria would shine on the quidditch field, too. The joke was on Cathy League the Captain of Puddlemore United. Aria had no intent on joining quidditch and would happily lie about being on the team to keep the peace. She'd just pick one of her classmate's quidditch prospects and claim they were hers. Besides Aria showed she was a good flyer why would Cathy suspect anything else? Aria was a good girl and good girls don't lie to their mothers.

Staring at the hat Aria willed it not to place her in Hufflepuff. If she went there would it mean she was frivolous like her mother or one of the 'all the rests' that her mother was most likely. Nothing was wrong with Hufflepuff besides the fact Aria wanted to declare her independence and stop being "Cathy League's daughter" all the time. Aria's family history was full of Slytherin she'd be okay there. They weren't all bad people, now. Uncle David and Aunt Leah were Ravenclaws. Aunt Leo who married into the family was Gryffindor. See there was plenty of options than being like her shallow mother! Aria wanted to make the world beautiful and a better place she didn't want to "look cute" or "look sexy" on a broomstick in a bikini. Quidditch didn't make the world better.

Aria almost missed her name "League, Artemisia" when it was called due to her muses.

As the hat placed on her head she thought as loudly as she could and in a rush, "Before you make your decision, Mr. Hat, I want to remind you I'm not my mum. I want to be more than just pretty and dumbly smiling. I want to do more with myself."

𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂
                                                FRIENDLY Artemis was a happy baby and toddler, as she aged as a child she continued to not be shy around new people. She is happy to socialize with others and learn more about them. She craves to be recognized as an individual with her own opinions and as a result seeks out conversations with others.
                                                COSSETED Cathy, Artemis's mother, has not changed much in her parenting techniques as when Artemis was a toddler and infant. Cathy sees Artemis as a flawless child and expects perfection from Artemis as Cathy feels Artemis can do no wrong. Yet, Cathy is also determined to protect Artemis from any and all dangers and hurt of the world. Cathy has gone so far as to keep employed two nannies so that Artemis is never truly alone despite the demands of Cathy's career and fame. Practically any and all of Artemis's needs are catered to.
                                                FEARLESS Artemis has always been protected by her caretakers. Living in a golden world full of any material item she wants, the best security including a bodyguard to escort her and her nanny or mother to and from school each day and another bodyguard to sit within screams distance of her, Artemis has practically nothing to fear. Even something as simple as reaching for a hot plate she knows immediately she will be protected by someone from the danger. When you have no consequences of this matter what is there to fear?
                                                DREAMER Artemis has an active imagination and is a story teller by nature. She envisions worlds even better than the one she lives in full of love and peace and the purist of magic creating colors and happiness that she knows will never be true, yet if you don't dream it, you are only guaranteed not to achieve those dreams.
                                                PERFECTIONIST Artemis's mother Cathy and much of the family has high expectations for themselves and each other. Cathy truly believes in Artemis's superiority and thus expects nothing but above average performance in all pursuits at the minimum. This pressure and Cathy's clear disappointment in not the best, pushes Artemis from a young age for achievement that is not always feasible. At the end of the day Artemis feels failure is not an option for her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not your mother, indeed
Looking for bigger, better things, are you?
Well, I'm sure you'll find them in

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:21 pm
The Sorting Hat

kiska166
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Unsorted - Halfblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Taylor had started out the trip to Hogwarts, surrounded by new friends. Or at least, they were friends as much as she needed them to be on the way up here. Once she settled in, she knew she'd find who she really clicked with. Regardless, she had fun and talked the whole train ride and boat ride, even if some of the other boat riders had given her dirty looks when she laughed too loudly. Haters, she deemed them, sticking her tongue out at them. Finally, the first years gathered into the Great Hall, where they'd find out their destinies. Coming from a magical household, she already knew how the night would play out, so she wasn't nervous. Maybe only a little anxious to find out which house she belonged in.

Once Taylor's name was called, she walked up onto the platform and sat down, awaiting for the, arguably a little musky, Sorting Hat to be placed on her head. Briefly, Taylor wondered if the Hat could hear her thoughts about him. Oh, please don't punish me, Hat. I didn't mean it, she lied. Heck, he could probably tell she was lying. It wasn't fair. No one had ever been able to read her mind before. How was she supposed to 'act nice' if he knew what was in her head?

EBULLIENT Taylor is lively and full of enthusiasm, even about the smallest of things. That includes being enthusiastic and supportive towards the people around her, whether it is her family and friends or classmates and strangers. She enjoys everyday life and finds little things to get excited about.
                                              CLEAN Taylor keeps her room spotless and her belongings organized. She pays close attention to her hygiene and is easily grossed out.
                                              GLAMOROUS Not only is Taylor a clean person, but she puts a lot of care into her looks as well, and that includes what clothing she wears. She tends to dress more elegantly than others and leads a more interesting dramatic life.
                                              WILLFUL Taylor wants to do what she wants to do, and she doesn't care what anyone thinks. Although it isn't her intention to be disobedient, she does come off rather headstrong and stubborn. However, she also has a strong sense of knowing when she needs to do something, even if she doesn't particularly want to do it.
                                              DISRUPTIVE Taylor would rather joke around than work. She enjoys talking and socializing with her friends during class, and is therefore usually moved to sit alone. However, even when alone, she finds ways to prevent her teachers from continuing on with the lesson at the pace they hope to get through. Taylor tends to cause trouble and get herself involved in others' business, leading a very dramatic life.
                                              SCRUPULOUS Although Taylor gets herself involved in others' affairs, she tries to do what she thinks is right and moral. Her intention is never to hurt anyone, especially those that she loves. However, things don't always work out that way.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

If there is a question about my i n t e n t i o n s, I'll tell ya
                                              I'm not here to sell ya or tell you to go to hell (I'm not a brat like that)

Afraid there's no acting nice with me, my dear
I do appreciate the effort, however
Now then, what to do with you, eh?
Oh, I know.

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:25 pm
The Sorting Hat

Stefan Lee Salvatore
User Image
Yaretzi Rose Wellbelove
First Year Unsorted

"Two plus two is fish. Come on, be more creative!"

Everyone else had been sorted into houses, her siblings had gotten assigned their houses, and it was now her turn. As she approached the stool, she realized why her siblings had a disgusted look on their face when they saw the hat, it was ancient. Maybe good in an antique store, but not to have it sit upon so many kids heads.

As she walked closer she began to worry, what if there was no room in the houses for her since she was last. Then she had to go back to the new nanny since they had just gotten their last one fired? No, she was going to convince the hat to sort her one way or the other. But which house would she persuade it to sort her to? She remembered back to the train, there were 21 possibilities if you didn’t take into consideration which house each sibling would be in. The odds were probably in her favor to be in the same house as her siblings, and those odds had increased significantly now that her siblings had been sorted.

Worst case, if the hat couldn’t sort her, she could just pretend to be one of her siblings, and occasionally give them a day off of school. But which one. Echo would be good to keep her straight and sane. Harlynn was older and wiser. It would be funny if she swapped places with Milan, since she’d have to cut her hair .... that settled it, Yari would be in Hogwarts somewhere.

As she sat down on the stool she looked across the tables and groaned, she wasn’t sure how any of these colors were flattering on some people, gryffindor red on a ginger? Hufflepuff yellow with that skin tone? She crossed her fingers, hoping at least her house colors would suit her, wouldn’t make her natural looks conflict with her assigned house color.

"Well hat, got ahead and sort me, but like. Maybe with one of my siblings. I’ve been with them all my life I don’t think I could lose all four at once. But maybe don’t put me in Hufflepuff, too much yellow. No don’t do Gryffindor, too many well I don’t know, gryffindor. Ah no, if I have a say don’t do Ravenclaw, all the brains. But no. Okay yeah don’t put me in Slytherin thanks, I don’t need to be in the dungeon, no sun down there. Yeah no. If I get a say, keep me with my siblings. Yes, I think that’s the one I want. Probably. Unless you put me in the wrong house."

Personality:

Patient Yari has always said she was the most patient of all her siblings, so much so that she waited until very last to be born, waiting until a whole new day before she made her presence known. She took this through the rest of her life, waiting for the other kids to go first, listening to their ideas, and just everything.
Determined Yari is going to do what needs to get done, no matter the cost. She will be successful in the family fashion industry, she would not fall behind, she would be the best of them all.
Obnoxious Yari is generally unpleasant to everyone who is not related to her. Why should she, the baby of the family, be nice to anyone? It was clearly her older siblings job to gain the favor of others.
Seemingly Trusting Yari will listen to others, she seems like the kind of person you want to tell your darkest secrets to; however, the second she sees a secret as a threat she will ruin the secret, tell everyone possible or threaten the secret teller until she’s content.
Indecisive Yaretzi doesn’t know. She could do this or that. Either way is good. Both have benefits and drawbacks. She could go this way or that way. Is that right or wrong? Who knows.
Irreligious Yari believes there may be a higher up controlling everything, but she just doesn’t care how that something wants her to act. She will create her own fate, she will succeed and she doesn’t need to ask for some higher up’s approval for that.

"You can't tell me I'm wrong, I know I'm right."

Setting: Sorting Feast with Everyone
Thoughts: Don’t mess this up Hat, my entire wardrobe depends on it!
Wearing: plain black robes, flattering.

“”

Hm, a bit indecisive, are we, then?
You do have to go somewhere, my dear
Perhaps you'll find your way in

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:27 pm
The Sorting Hat

Stefan Lee Salvatore
♖ Dominik ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ Unsorted First Year ♖
Future Activites

User Image
▬▬ There isnt a day that goes by that I dont think about you▬▬

Dominik had spent her train ride catching up with Chadwick, she told him how things weren’t going well back home, Flick had shut themselves off, Erikk was spending too much time in trees, and in general just it felt like a bomb might go off. Dominik was worried for Flick, how would they handle life at the Knapp house without Dominik there to facilitate household life?

None of that mattered now though, Dominik was onto her next mission, well her original one, find her twin. She had hoped that maybe he would be at Hogwarts this year, but she didn’t see him and that was devastating. Or maybe.... he really was gone - no. She couldn’t think like that, if she didn’t believe her twin was alive, then no one else would know either.

She giggled a little at some of the names that were being presented, but then focused when it was her turn to be sorted. She sat down on the stool and looked around, she saw Cenek and Chadwick smiling at her, Aldrick had been in Gryffindor, she had the possibility of being the first Knapp in Hufflepuff, but she would be happy to spend more time with either of her older siblings in Ravenclaw or Slytherin too. There were a lot of good options...

She thought really loudly to the hat, "Look Mr. Hat, I have a thousand questions for you, including how you can read my mind. But, I really want to know, can you help me find my brother? Put me somewhere that I’ll be able to grow to where I can find out what happened to him. I don’t need an adult in my life pretending they know what happened that day. Let me figure it out, can you do that? Help me figure out where my brother is? Oh. And maybe a way to be strong enough for my younger siblings too, that would be nice."

Personality:

Ditzy Dominik is very silly, she giggles often, and doesn’t make sense, sometimes saying not very bright things. She may not know what’s going on, but that’s okay. After the loss of her brother, others called her out on her silliness more, she must be ditzy to believe her brother is dead.
Curious Domink wants to know what's happening, even if it is none of her business. She wants to stick her nose into it and see it all. She needs to know what happened to her brother, and why she lost her best friend
Flexible Dominik flexes things in her mind to make everything make sense, even if that’s not the way the thing works. Others thing she’s just made herself think that Deepak is alive, she bent her mind to near insanity into her belief.
Nervous Growing up with 4 older siblings, 1 same aged sibling, and now younger siblings, Dominik has become nervous. She is pranked often and completely, and with this she constantly wonders when the next prank will be. She worries that one day a prank would go too far, and is constantly checking over her shoulder to count her siblings.
Extraverted Dominik goes out of her way to help others. She wants to be nice to anyone she can, because that’s the best way to friendship. She’s also one of the first to speak up when able, and is ready to go get things done. After the loss of her twin, she went further out of her way to be kind to others, she didn’t want anyone to feel left out.
Patient Growing up with so many siblings Dominik quickly learned patience. It became second nature to her, always waiting for the others to finish talking or waiting for her turn in something. As she grew up, her patience only matured more, she had to be patient and wait to see what would happen.

▬▬ Being here just puts me one step closer to finding you Dee.▬▬

Where & Who: Sorting Feast with kids
Thinking about: Yellow is a nice color
Wearing: Plain robes

Quote:

Quote:

My, quite the determined thing, aren't you?
Made of stern stuff, I daresay
Let's see what you make of it in

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:28 pm
User Image
                                                  Bring me home in a blinding dream
                                                  Through the secrets that I have seen
                                                  Wash the sorrow from off my skin
                                                  And show me how to be whole again

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Eric did not like this. First, he had to come to this school, which he was only going because he had to. Besides, Brian was going as well, and he couldn't let Brian go by himself. He wished that there had to be another way. The other thing he didn't like was that he was being sorted into different houses, and instead of Brian going first so that Eric could tell the hat he should go to Brian's house, Eric was ahead because his name came before Brian's. Glaring at the hat, he tried to think of every argument he could about keeping Brian with him and not putting him in anther house as he sat on the stool and waited. Hopefully that meant that the hat would listen to him. If not, he was going to demand that he go to Brian's house instead of his own. 'Okay hat, I know that I probably am going into a different house than Brian, but you had better put Brian in my house or we're going to have issues.'

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ◊ DETERMINED Eric is determined. All during his captivity, he never entirely gave up hope that he was going to get out, and tends to be single-minded in his focus when he needs to be. As a result, when he gets an idea into his head, he rarely lets it go.
                                                      ◊ PROTECTIVE Likely because of the abuse he suffered during his captivity, he doesn't want to see anyone else suffer like he does. He'll step into fights because he knows he's been through worse, and will quickly throw himself into danger especially if he knows it'll protect Brian.
                                                      ◊ SUSPICIOUS While at one point in his life Eric was trusting, that disappeared quickly after his kidnapping. He doesn't trust easily, and thinks that people would hurt him if given the chance. As a result, the only people he trusts are those closest to him.
                                                      ◊ INTELLIGENT Eric is highly intelligent, figuring out how to do things quickly. He also has a knack for getting creative, especially when he's telling stories. Once given a problem, he'll quickly come to a solution that works.
                                                      ◊ QUIET Eric tends to be quiet. He knows that his quiet isn't how he used to be, but his biggest problem is that he can't quite break out of the mindset he was placed in while a captive. As a result, the only person he has no problem talking with is Brian.
                                                      ◊ SNARKY While not initially sarcastic, Eric's snarkiness only developed after his time in the basement. He'll make snide comments, especially if he feels that they're completely warranted during a situation. He knows it can and has led to him getting hurt, but it has become a self-defence mechanism for him.

════════════════════════

Thinking: They had better not put us in separate houses!
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

'Cause I'm only a crack in this castle of glass
                                                  Hardly anything else I need to be
                                                  'Cause I'm only a crack in this castle of glass
                                                  Hardly anything there for you to see

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:42 pm
The Sorting Hat

CatWaffle
User Image

Tryna stand up on my own two feet
                                          This conversation ain't comin' easily
                                          And darling, I know it's getting late
                                          So what do you say we leave this place?

Cass wasn't so ready for school though he wasn't sure his parents were. While odd, Cass was more than happy to comfort his parents. Besides they were sad to see him go because they loved him! It was only weird as he was the one kid comforting his parents while usually it was the other way around. He of course made sure to wave goodbye out the window.

The train ride was great. He hung out with Galen who was a fellow color changing friend from Wools. Glen was more dramatic than he was so Galen was a bit more colorful but the arrival of treats got Cass's normally pink hair to an excited bright yellow. He also made sure to eat the nice lunch that was made for him. He learned that a lunch of pure sweets was not pleasant later. Soon it was time to change into his uniform! It seemed pretty bland at the moment but he knew the change once he got sorted. He remembered Hari's robes started black and came black yellow and dad's old school rope He had tried once but was much too small for the robe had blue. Wonder what his color would be?

As they exited the train they emerged into a crowd. Cass felt a bit overwhelmed; it was a bit more of a squeeze here. With lavender hair he made his way with Galen to the first years. Once on the boats he felt more relaxed and was back to his normal pink hair. However it was short lived as catching a glimpse of the castle he was amazed and excited with his hair a fiery orange.

All the joy and slight nervousness upon waiting to be sorted had him fluctuating between orange and lavender hair colors. Once the doors opened though it was bright orange from there! So big and wonderful! Colorful too! He nearly ran right into Galen as they stopped. See, his dad and sister wanted this to be a surprise and Papa didn't go to Hogwarts so he wouldn't know. It looked like a neat old hat! Hard to believe dad had done this too when he was his age! That hat must be super old!

Soon it was his turn! He with less blazing orange went up and sat in the stool. He didn't have any preference really. Maybe a house that wasn't his dads or sisters just to mix things up. Well it wasn't up to him it was up to Mr Hat! Was Hat its last name?

SOLITARY Cass is most comfortable alone or with others he knows. He doesn't dislike people just interacting with them
                                                                          CONFIDENT Cass is sure of the choices he makes and things he does. He has a reason he does what he does and that's all he needs
                                                                          HAPPY Cass is usually in a pleasant mood. Not too much waivers this. He can seem happy in situations that it seems odd to be happy about
                                                                          INTELLIGENT Cass usually knows more than he lets on. He’d rather people think he’s not as smart as he is.
                                                                          ILL-MANNERED Cass tends to belch, have elbows on the table, pull wedgies out in public, ask questions others find badly timed, use a salad fork as a dinner fork. He not sure why everyone gets in a huff about it either
                                                                          UNEMOTIONAL Cass tends not to get affected by people and their emotions. He won't hate on people that need a good cry, some people need that. He just not moved to tears over many things even when he's sad

Walk me home in the dead of night
                                                                          I can't be alone with all that's on my mind
                                                                          So say you'll stay with me tonight
                                                                          'Cause there is so much wrong going on outside

null

Frankly, I'll take "Mr. Hat."
It's much nicer than what some others have called me
Now then, how about... ah, yes

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:45 pm
The Sorting Hat

CatWaffle
User Image
Harlynn Alexandria Wellbelove
first year || unsorted || halfblood

Harlynn had better mornings. She hardly had time to get her hair perfect. Well it's not like any of these other kids would know any better so she settled for two perfect pigtails. She knew she would have to eventually wear that oh so plain uniform. At least they would have the decency to make the skirt pleated. God forbid they try and make a pencil skirt work (gag). Sporting her best summer top she needed to let them know who was the best dressed family out there. Being the oldest technically speaking she needed to represent the Wellbeloves well.

The train station felt dirty and she didn't dare touch anything unless she had to. The platform was marginally better though super busy. She was pretty sure she saw some pink haired weirdo seeming to comfort his emotional dads. At least her family was embarrassing like that. The made sure good and well to get the finest cabin and refused anyone stupid enough to try and sit with them. They needed their space. After lunch the trolley came by though Harlynn was disappointed it was all cheap candy. It was expected though. They had to serve even the lowest classes and income. She opted for the pricier candies and pastries. She let the lady keep the change. Poor woman had to deal with the gross kids, maybe get a new apron for herself. One that actually went with that dress.

Harlynn really didn't want to wear the robes but knew it was too much drama to protest. Once off the train it was such a task to get where they needed to be. She absolutely hated the boat ride. It was old, dark, damp and the lake smelled funny. The only redeemable part was the castle. Three princesses and a prince arriving at their castle! She practically demanded help off the boat. She didn't want any gross lake water to touch her.

The Great Hall was probably the first good thing of the night. It was beautiful only marred by the color clashing that was the students. With their last name so far in the alphabet they had to wait sooooo long. It was simply unacceptable. Harlynn waited with her siblings with her arms crossed and leaning a bit to the side. The two weird color changing ones went first. The pink one has some weird half asian half french last name. Strange but nothing wrong with it she figured. The other seemed normal enough if a bit hyper.

Finally her name was called. Harlynn approached the stool and sat all lady like, she had an image to maintain of course. Hopefully Echo's shampoo killed all the gross hair sweat of the other kids. 'Look I don't want to be here any longer than you want to be in my head so chop chop.' She thought about the hat. Clearly it had to know what she was thinking if it was to put her in the proper house

HAUGHTY Harlynn sees herself as better than others. Not her fault people can't see this. She has a standard and very few live up to it. She tends to snub others that have no use to her. Not like they're important or anything
HARDWORKING Harlynn knows you need to work for success. She's not lazy and will take time to do something right the first time. Only way to get a good job is to do it yourself.
SMART Harlynn isn't stupid at all. Hard to be the best if you're an idiot. She wants to be the best at all she can. Good grades make the teacher like you after all.
CUNNING Harlynn is not above any method to get her way. She happily blackmails someone into doing what she wants. She's naturally has 'friends' she convinced to the dirty work.
BRAVE Some might think Harlynn is all talk but she firmly believes in what she says and will stand by it even if she is challenged. She won't back down if there is still a benefit to her
JUDGMENTAL be it an outfit or embarrassing speech Harlynn will cast her supreme judgment on whoever she wants. She tells you exactly what she feels is wrong with you without a moment's hesitation.

Chop chop? Hm, quite like your sister, aren't you
Demanding and determined
Very well, then, it'll be

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:48 pm
The Sorting Hat

ChrysalismAndPetrichor
User Image
FUTURE FIRST-YEAR UNSORTED

User Image
                                                The journey to get here hadn't gone quite exactly as she'd expected. She'd been rather dazed from the crowd and the excitement at the train station, so she hadn't been able to find Brian, who she'd been hoping to sit by on the train. Instead, she'd found an empty compartment and curled up to take a nap. At the lake, she'd been too distracted by the gorgeous view of the castle to even speak, and the gaggle of first years had simply swept her along as she moved up toward the great hall. Now, as she watched the sorting, her mind was all jumbled. It was the first time she'd really thought about what house she might end up in, and knots formed in her stomach. There weren't really any houses that she didn't want, it was more of a general nervousness to be put into a group where she didn't know anybody. She was starting from scratch; was at the bottom of the totem pole here at Hogwarts. Wyn knew she could rise, given time, but this was a big moment.

She was so lost in thought that she missed it entirely when her name was read. She felt a gentle shove on her shoulder as it was read a second time, unsure where it had come from. She blushed bright red with embarrassment, but slowly made her way to the stool whereupon the hat would decide her destiny. She sat, trying not to look out upon the rest of the school, and felt the hat softly perch above her brown locks. I trust you, she thought, assuming the hat could understand. Just help me find the house where I can excel. With that, she waited, hoping the hat wouldn't take too long with his decision. It had been too long of a day for sitting in the spotlight.

OOC:
                                                AMBITIOUS If she can help it, Wyn likes to be the best at what she does. She can get frustrated if she doesn't rise quickly to the top, especially if she ends up hovering too close to the bottom. Success is validation to her, and both recognition and reward for such success fulfills her in a way nothing else can. Though she does not always have a clear goal, when she does find one, she will do what it takes to meet it.
                                                KIND The limit to her ambition is the welfare of others. While she will do a lot to succeed, she draws the line at harming or taking advantage of others. She is, for the most part, respectful, generous, and caring. She also craves friendship, and gets validation from having made someone's day or having brought a smile to a friend. She will stand up to those to do injustices or who trample upon others.
                                                IDEALISTIC Wyn has a very clear vision of how she wants her world to be, and works hard to make that vision a reality. She is unaccepting of contradictory opinions. While to be happy and successful she will have to learn flexibility, she has yet to develop the ability to bite her tongue.
                                                DECISIVE Time should not be wasted coming to a decision, at least not according to Wynnie. She acts quickly, and is often the first to take a leap that others might need a little time to prepare for. She tries, but visibly fails, to be patient when waiting for others to make up their minds. Not quite a leader, she is the equivalent of the first penguin to jump in the water as others look on for predators.
                                                RESOURCEFUL Wyn will recognize and use all the tools at her disposal to solve problems. She learned this skill very quickly when her mother walked out and she needed to help provide for herself and her defeated, resigned father. She will apply this skill not only for her own gain, but in the service of others if they come to her for aid. If you ever see Wyn hesitate, it's really just that she is pausing to take stock of the resources around her.
                                                UNINHIBITED In the name of open communication, Wyn is very clear and forward about her thoughts, feelings, and desires. The only exception is things that are obviously unkind or harmful, though these have been known to slip through the cracks. Without a filter, she carries on without suppressing her personality in the slightest.

User Image

I do believe you could excel anywhere, my dear
If you simply put your mind to it
Your trust is encouraging, and well-placed, I assure you
I think you'll do quite well in

Hufflepuff!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games