Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
The Pokemon Center(OOC Chat Thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 270 271 272 273 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:28 pm
Unexpectedly went out of town yesterday, please excuse my absence, I am back now.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:04 pm
User Image

Also, no! Chirp isn't naked!!! eeek! She's just got her shoes off!  

Otternavy

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:33 pm
Tesei Utakata
I really wanna find a shiny...
Best advice that can be given: Don't look for them. you'll find one when you least expect it but the harder you look, the more disappointed you'll be if you can't find one.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:19 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
Tesei Utakata
Best advice that can be given: Don't look for them. you'll find one when you least expect it but the harder you look, the more disappointed you'll be if you can't find one.
Real best advice that can be given: Masuda Method  

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:23 pm
Trigramatic
Requiem of Whyspers
Tesei Utakata
Umm.....What?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:39 pm
Bulbapedia
The Masuda method, also known as Masuda's method (Japanese: 国際結婚 international marriage), is a fan-made term which describes a way to obtain Shiny Pokémon more easily in Generation IV and V. Rather than encountering Shiny Pokémon with a probability of 1/8192, Masuda's method lets players breed Pokémon of differing real-world geographical origin with a 1/1639 (Generation IV) or 1/1366 (Generation V) probability of being Shiny upon hatching.

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:09 pm
Trigramatic
Bulbapedia
The Masuda method, also known as Masuda's method (Japanese: 国際結婚 international marriage), is a fan-made term which describes a way to obtain Shiny Pokémon more easily in Generation IV and V. Rather than encountering Shiny Pokémon with a probability of 1/8192, Masuda's method lets players breed Pokémon of differing real-world geographical origin with a 1/1639 (Generation IV) or 1/1366 (Generation V) probability of being Shiny upon hatching.
Unsure how viable this is for me  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:08 pm
Trigramatic
Requiem of Whyspers
Tesei Utakata

That advice is no better than mine, depending on your amount of luck. I've tried the Masuda Method and have gotten nothing but normal Pokemon from it. Ever.

Depending on how lucky you are, either method will produce shiny Pokemon for you. The only difference is that the Masuda Method supposedly has a higher ratio of them appearing(I've never seen evidence to support this so I don't really believe it, honestly) and that it allows you to decide which Pokemon you want to be shiny.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:41 am
It has probably been datamined and has hard numbers to support it. It is still a low chance but much better than otherwise = you only have anecdotal evidence mister and that is disingenuous to suggest it has much bearing on that.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:45 am
Trigramatic
It has probably been datamined and has hard numbers to support it. It is still a low chance but much better than otherwise = you only have anecdotal evidence mister and that is disingenuous to suggest it has much bearing on that.
Tails, when I say I have never seen evidence to support it, I meant I've never, personally, seen that it's any better. I have horrendous luck, myself, though, so that may be why. But like I said, it's all entirely dependent on one's luck as to whether or not one method works better than the other.

I'm not saying the Masuda Method isn't valid or that it won't work for those with luck, just that until I see it actually work for myself, I'm not likely to believe the odds are any better.

Btw, My Black version has over 500 hours logged on it and 250 of those hours are just me using the Masuda Method trying to get a shiny Zorua/Solosis. So I've tried it a good bit with no luck.=/  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:17 pm
PENDING TRIP TO UNOVA. BE WITH CONTACT WITH SUB.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:14 am
Is anyone else having trouble with Gaia?
I've been working on my profile and some of the changes I've made don't even show up on the profile but when I go in to edit the changes are there or I'll make a change and then go into edit the same post again and the changes are gone.
Very frustrating.  

Magiking

Otternavy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:07 am
Soooooo had a battle with Pel today. First round? 4 Victini, a zoark and a yanmega. So second round we agreed on "No Legendaries" and "No wonder launcher". First two pokemon to be sent out? Palkia and Zekrom. >_>  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:42 am
Pyro_gigas
Soooooo had a battle with Pel today. First round? 4 Victini, a zoark and a yanmega. So second round we agreed on "No Legendaries" and "No wonder launcher". First two pokemon to be sent out? Palkia and Zekrom. >_>
Uh...wow.

[Highlight for spoilers below]

I still would have won. :3c

[Spoilers end here]  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Otternavy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:49 pm
SubonicXP
Pyro_gigas
Uh...wow.

[Highlight for spoilers below]

Sub has exploded

[Spoilers end here]

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I'm counting it as a win for me.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 270 271 272 273 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games