Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:33 pm
Naboo is one of the smallest defense forces... look at the Kuat Defense force to see the sort of force to expect most of the core worlds to posses.

I've read that the Republic had a large navy, and as a result of the large naval tradition the Separatists regularly found themselves outnumbered in space.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:39 pm
Most of the Galaxy's shipyards are in the Core.
On another note, how many of those Defense Forces are going to actually be willing to do anything more than defend their own borders?  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:49 pm
That's probably why the Republic used the strategy it did. The Defense Forces defend their own systems, the fleet is forward deployed to siege known droid factories, and the clones are shuffled around to defend against separatist attacks, augmenting the local defenders, and participating in the final assault stages of the sieges. They don't launch a general offensive against the separatists because they don't have the troops. While the Separatists can't get employ their numerical superiority because their bottled up by the republic fleet.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:52 pm
And you wonder why Operation Durge's Lance was so successful.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Rodyn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:54 pm
Cale Darksun
Rodyn
Speaking of campaign guides, I was at a friend's house and a friend of his came over with his KotOR campaign guide, which he let me look through. He also asked if I wanted to join in on the RP sessions he has with other people. I'm still thinking about it.

You ask Ral or Johnny if you see 'em. They'll tell you the game is fun.
If you're interested in playing I'm running a game in the outer rim section of the guild, though I need to get back to posting in it. sweatdrop
Its one of the best incarnations of the RPG since the old D6 system.

If I can get money for the needed book, I'll join in. I don't have much on me, especially now that I just bought Warhammer Online.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:56 pm
You only need the main book. Hope Warhammer works out for ya.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:32 am
Glad to read about the review of the book. Maybe I can go pick it up before the Super Bowl, but I'm not sure about that one.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:45 am
Cale Darksun
You only need the main book. Hope Warhammer works out for ya.

It's working for me so far, though all I'm doing right now is trying out all the classes to see what I like.

And by "main book", do you mean the Galactic Campaign Guide, the Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook, or something else?  

Rodyn

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:31 am
You only need this:
link  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:19 am
Cale Darksun
You only need this:
link

Shiny. Not too expensive, but still out of my price range. We shall see.  

Rodyn

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:25 am
Of course. No pressure.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:15 am
Really whole lot of fun for everyone, though the problem with this system is that there are too many good talents and feats. gonk  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Rodyn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:16 am
I wonder what the hold-up is on BioWare releasing info on classes in TOR. The only ones I've come up with are Jedi/Sith, soldier, and bounty hunter.

It could even be something like:

Jedi/Sith
Guardian
Sentinel
Consular

Soldier
Commando
Officer
etc.

Mercenary
Bounty Hunter
Smuggler
etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:47 pm
So the next Battlefront has gone to hell in a basket.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:01 pm
Are you surprised?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games