Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply .::The Surreal Sanctuary::.
Welcome to the Surreal Sanctuary! (Please read and post) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You like to...
read
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
write
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
RP
13%
 13%  [ 22 ]
all of the above!
76%
 76%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 167

x - - bubbly R A W R --

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:12 pm
" What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger..."

Hola! And thanks for inviting me.

I never am really good at introductions, but here it goes:
My name is bubblefox, you can call me bubble, foxy, or something else that is like that.

I'm in still in junior high, 8th grader, even though I sometimes feel older then that. I don't know what I want to do when I'm older. Might be a softball player, famous author... not sure yet. I turn fourteen on the 4th of February. I hate when people assume I'm older then that, even though I know I should be older then thirteen...

Anyway, I like to read, write, and roleplay, A LOT. Ask me to do a roleplay, I'll most likely play with you. I also have a roleplay that I made and I need some more players, so join if you want to. The link is in the picture in my siggy.

Um... I really don't know what else to put down for info...

Again, thanks for the invite!

" ... and you've made me stronger."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:52 am
Welcome, Ira~! So, what DID you think about the Twilight books...?

Welcome, Bubble! I love your username: bubblefox. It's unique and cute!  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

x - - bubbly R A W R --

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:55 pm
" What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger..."

Thanks, I like yours too.

"... and you've made me stronger."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:33 pm
User Image
"I have to find out who I am... I'm scared... What if I'm not even human...? "

Ahh... The Twilight books...

I found them awful, no offense to anyone who likes them but...
They were terribly written. Stephenie Meyer (I think >.>) often forced out of place words or phrases that didn't flow well, and seemed awkward to read. The characters were basically stereotypes. It seemed as if they were thrown in just to look pretty, and all were horribly unrealistic. (Mary-sues >.<)
There seemed to be little plot. She repeated the same things over and over, leaving important details rather vague....

...They made me laugh, though, so I guess I like them----
----in a twisted, masochistic sort of way.
I have to give her credit, the books were so absurd I couldn't stop laughing XD
Come on,
Vampires that Sparkle?
Sick, over-used mushy love lines?
(And BTW, Creepy stalking = love?)
***** werewolves
and a Vampire Mafia....
What more do I need? XD

"I'm not gonna cry! I'm a grown-up now, and crying won't help one bit!"User Image

Shcha

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:41 pm
I read the first book because my friend forced me to buy them. She told me that she PROMISED me they would rock, so I bought the first 3. (I usually buy books to read if I get many good reviews on it.)

Ugh...I hated Twilight. I refuse to read the others, which are tossed in the back of my closet. XD

Horrible voice, not a good plotline, no character development whatsoever, and I just...can't stand it ! It's worse than Harry Potter! (And I don't like Harry Potter. So to say Twilight is worse...that's a big insult. XD)

I thought it was the bad sort of cheesy. I could relate to Bella though, since I'm no good at sports...but blood doesn't make me sick. And Edward just annoyed me. It was cliche in a "bad" way in my opinion. And it bored me to tears! Not kidding. I actually cried from boredom.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:04 pm
User Image

I also read them, simply because my friends pretty much forced me into it, hell, they supplied them so I read them. In the end they are cheesy, kind of stupid, and poorly written, but they're good for laughs, if only because the way I twisted them was amazing XD *gloats* *is shot*

I liked Harry Potter, though. Not in an obsessive or loud way, but they were decent children's books, I thought.

Now that I think of it, most of the books my friends suggest kind of sucked XD

"I'm not gonna cry! I'm a grown-up now, and crying won't help one bit!"User Image

Shcha

x - - bubbly R A W R --

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:16 pm
"What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger..."

Were the Twilight books really that suckish?
I thought they were pretty good books.
Except for Breaking Dawn.
You could tell what was going to happen after reading the other 3 books.

"... and you've made me stronger."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:18 pm
User Image

Meh, they were cheesy and kind of... disturbing...
Personally I didn't think they were the greatest thing, but I didn't exactly hate them.... >.<
Nothing wrong if you like them, though.

Shcha

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:01 am
I just didn't like the writing style of Harry Potter. I didn't think they were children's books, or adult books, or teen books. I thought they were for all ages; it depends on your opinion and what you like to read.

And there's nothing wrong with children's books. I love the Guardians of Ga'hoole series, Artemis Fowl, and other "children's books" even though everyone says I've outgrown them. razz Then again, I also read a lot of "adult-aimed" books too. XD;;  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:34 am
User Image

XD I see what you mean, I don't limit myself to books solely for my age group either. One of my favorite series to this day will have been The Lost Years of Merlin and those, I think, were children's books. And I read a lot of adult-aimed books as well.

Shcha

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:43 am
That's nice! ^_^

Yeah, I think you miss out a lot if you go around saying things like, "I can't read that because it's for children." I like diversity in everything, including books. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:42 pm
User Image

If you limit yourself, then you'll never know what's out there. I never pass up the chance to read something new, I mean, what's the worst that could happen? You might not like it?

Shcha

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:26 am
Yeah, that's so true. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:46 pm
Ello! I'm Fantasy_of_Strange_Things! You call me Fantasy. I love sci/fi and fantasy story's (dah whee ) I heart a British show called Doctor Who and Naruto Shippuden  

Fantasy_of_Strange_Things

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:32 pm
Fantasy_of_Strange_Things
Ello! I'm Fantasy_of_Strange_Things! You call me Fantasy. I love sci/fi and fantasy story's (dah whee ) I heart a British show called Doctor Who and Naruto Shippuden
Hi, Fantasy! biggrin  
.::The Surreal Sanctuary::.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games