Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daerrhie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:14 am
*waves* biggrin Hello fellow guildmates!

I'm Daerrhie, and my real name's Giselle. You can call me by either or any nickname you can get from them. o_o
I am a literate fifteen year old who loves drawing, anime, drawing anime, eating, food, eating food, Internet, books, and some other assorted stuff. I'm pretty easy-going, though I can be a tad random. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:13 pm
Hello. My name is Katurrah. I'm a married 24 year old writer who enjoys roleplaying, but hates having to spend half an hour attempting to decipher another guild-mate's post. (Don't mind the indentation. My husband's making fun of me)  

Katurrah

Angel80272

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:11 pm
Hajimemashite!

First off, let me clarify that I am a male. Yes, I have a female avatar. Yes, all but one of my roleplay characters are female. (The one male I use is me RP-ized.) I use female characters because I can, and that's about all I can really explain about that.

Now that that is out of the way, let me continue on with the introduction.

My name is Joseph and I am a 21-year old college freshman currently studying to be a teachable math major and a teachable physics minor, both at the secondary (High school) level. My current interests include anime of many shapes and forms (everything but hentei/ecchi is fair game) along with video games and online roleplaying.

I am a jack of all trades and a master of as many as I want, though I don't usually try something unless I think I'm going to like it.

Offline and online I am a grammar/spelling nazi to my friends, and I am generally the go-to guy if anyone in class wants to have their paper covered with my proofreader's ink. I will happily answer any other questions you may have; all you have to do is ask.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:27 pm
okay...um...so, i'm a literate 16 year-old, and i think that spanish grammar makes more sense than english grammar. at least they don't have to worry about apostrophes (sp?!?!) and crap like that. but anywho, i'm kinda random, and i'm quite the handful; just ask my boyfriend. uh...i like to read, whether it's "classic" literature, manga, romance, fantasy, sci-fi, or whatever else i may be reading. ^ ^ i love duct tape, cool toe socks, my boyfriend, and those books that are so good they suck you in so much that you lose awareness of your surroundings.  

LilMissSplendiferous

Leoshi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:56 pm
Hello, everyone! Leoshi here, using up your time!

Haha, no, sorry for that. I'm a 16-year-old literate Gaia veteran, yet I only have two years behind me. I tend to annoy my real-life friends with my lame jokes and whatnot...in fact, I can just annoy people without trying, really. I won't do that here, though, trust me.

Hmm...As with many others, I have a fanfiction.net account, and am currently working on two stories, although one is far longer and better than the other. Well, I love friends, family, my guilds, life, God, correctly and wholly spelled words, and writing. I'll leave you with that. Hasta luego.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:07 am
Hello, I'm a literate 19 year old with a passion for reading and writing. I'm currently an english major focusing on the creative writing part of it, I also have no clue what I'm going to do with it. Let see, well my real name is really unimportant since I think it is sorta creepy to see it online. However you can call me Arana, Ara, or Pixie(a hard earned nickname from many sugar overdoses). I am normally found rping while I'm online and am currently a co-owner of an rp that has lasted a year. I also can be found lurking in the GD searching for the thing that alludes us the most.... an intelligent thread. -.-
The most notable thing is my unnatural obsession with bunnies and using them to take over the world. Not to meantion my love for quoting (or making a reference) from George Orwell's 1984, which I am sure to do before my introduction is done. I'd say more, but I lost my train of thought after oh say the first sentence. Well since it is past 3am and I am at the point of believeing that 2+2=5 I'll just stop rambling now... zzzzz.... ~giggle~ marshmellows.  

Arana

7,625 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Kurshami

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:56 pm
Hi, Kurshami here, real name Kurtis.

I'm always being annoyed at the constant damnation of our language due to the internet, especially because I'm a writer, so I thought this guild would be a great place to be. I'm even in my school's chapter of the National English Honor Society! whee

I just care that much!

As for me personally, I think I'm a nice fun person, so why not just chat with me and see?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:29 pm
Hello, literate fifteen-year-old speaking. Nice to meet you. You may call me Avy, Yui, Avyui. I have a bunch of others but those choices will suffice.

I live in the Great White North. I strive to get my eight hours but seldom do. This is mainly due to top-notch procrastinating skills -homework- and my immense love for writing. I am the Grammar-Nazi and mother-hen, or better yet, pocket organizer of the group. Pocket organizer comes from the fact that I know the schedules and assignments of my friends better than they do. Since I'm in Advanced Math and English, I can serve as a dictionary and a calculator. Sad, no? Sending any form of writing to me, is pretty much the equivalent of sending a criminal to the executioner's block. It comes back in red.

I am such an English freak that whenever I hear incorrect grammar, you will hear me mutter the nature of the mistake. Example being, "Double negative. Grammatically incorrect." It drives my friends positively nuts. >.<

Due to my insane love for litterature I often say things that, equally as often, go right over the heads of those around me. It saddens me. -tears up- The same is similar for my anime and manga references, but that instead earns me wierd looks. ^^;;

On Gaia I spend my time, like many, searching for intelligent conversation and/or RPs. Knowing that there are so few leaves in a depressed state at times. -solemn nod-

According to people I'm bitingly sarcastic and slightly arrogant... among other things. Refer to my profile if you want to the rest. Therefore, if I offend, it's not intentional.

... As you can see, I can be very long-winded at times. >.>;;  

xAvenirYuinax

Feyda

Beloved Trader

6,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:12 pm
Hello people. :3
My name is Kayla, and I'm fifteen, a sophomore in high school, and probably one of the most grammatically nit-picky in my grade.
English happens to be one of my favorite classes. xD
A-a-a-anyway.
I'm not gonna give a full introduction, you'll have to find out about me from getting to know me, but I'll give a basic list of things to make it simple. x3
Music:
The Used, Dir en grey, From First To Last, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, [the old]Green Day, Rammstein, t. A. T. u, Gazette, Gackt, L'Arc~en~Ciel, and quite a few others.
Books
Harry Potter, The Hobbit/LotR Series, a few others. I'm not much of a book person.
Hobbies
Drawing, listening to music, singing, acting, being on Gaia, and pretty much anything else fun.
So yeah, that's a general list there.
I hope to be able to be friends with all of my fellow members, as this guild seems rather tight-knit, and I want to be able to be included in that. <3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:20 pm
Well, I must say I'm a little bit surprised at my admission to the guild. I always realize far too late that showing off is little better than using "txt" talk or some other debased form of the English language. But as you can see, I am here. I'm not a big fan of formal introductions, so I'll just say this: My name is Skyler.

I suppose I could go into elaborate detail describing my life now, but I will spare you all that torment. I am seventeen years old, and a junior in high-school. I live in Michigan, which is freezing cold at this time of year, despite the fact that there has been little snowfall this winter. I spend a lot of time on the internet, and often, too much time. When I am not online, I am usually reading or doing homework.  

Luxx Aeternam

Masamune no Hi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:43 pm
Ah... Sorry, I put it in the wrong place. I know what salutations means, but I thought it was a discussion on different greetings. Sorry.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:11 pm
19 year old Literate RPer. I own my own guild. I was not like other noobs. I learned how to be literate earlier...and would you believe that RPing on Gaia has helped my essay writing in English class? I've been here since the site was called "Go-gaia." I'm not the best speller or proofreader in the world, but that isn't for lack of trying. I like making art.  

Niccea Majeare

Ferret-chan13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:41 pm
Greetings everyone! I am a college student and roleplayer (on LJ^^). I love anime and manga (especially Yu Yu Hakusho).
It's nice to meet you all! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:38 pm
Greeting one and all. I am a 19 year old Marine who likes to roleplay, read, and write. It is very nice to meet you.  

TiagoBrazil

Miss Irene Adler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:27 am
Hello! I'm sure nobody reads this thread anyways, so here I go!

One of my many names is Elisa. I'm 16 years old, turning 17 soon.

Hm, what else can I put in this spacious...space? XDD

Oh well. I don't know.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games