Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Back to Guilds

Tags: Purple, Moonlight, Chat, Hangout, Moon 

Reply ~~*RPG Area!*~~~
Timerift Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A stitch in time...
  ...Saves nine
View Results

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:22 pm
They went into the restaraunt and the hostess showed them to a booth with menus.
"This is nice, I haven't actually been able to go to a resteraunt in a while. What kind of food do you have in space and other dimensions anyway?"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:19 pm
Tat looked at the menu nervously. She recognized a few words, but couldn't read the rest. She had not been educated much in her time-she felt embarrassed and somewhat inferior to the others at the moment. Tat glanced down at Luka who had been forced to hide in a shopping bag.  

0Moon_Maiden0

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:17 am
Stephanie realized that English writing was different in the Middle Ages and that basically only monks were literate.

"They have pictures of all the food next to the writing."

Stephanie directed the statement to them all but was targeting Tat. No need to cause undue embarassment.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:48 am
"Oh...." was all Tat could say. She had seen the pictures and was amazed by the realism of the small paintings but didn't understand the 'story.' Nearly all the images from her time were used to tell some sort of tale. She continued looking at the images until she found something that looked familier. She layed the menu down and pointed to a image of roast beef and potatoes.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:10 pm
Tyran shrugged and eyed the menu. Something about being in this time period was playing hell with the 'linguistic modular injection' he'd had. The human alphabet was giving him a headache.
"What we have depends on what theme resteraunt you have, really." He shrugged. "There's so many different cultural foods, it's never dull I can tell you that. I usually just go for the nearest steak. i've never been a fan of all the different sauces and mushrooms and that sorta crap. Usually most of the stuff we eat was frozen at some point, or vaccum packed. that is, unless you eat directly on the planet, in which case it's usually fresh. There's a lot more fruit and vegetables than here...the Federation's big on public health."
He tapped on a meal of hlaf a chicken with potatoes and vegetables.
"I'll have that."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:21 pm
Tat tilted her head, "Vaccum packed?" The future strange but still so interesting... she thought with so many questions buzzing through her skull.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:57 pm
"It's put in a packet, and all the air sucked out of if, so it can't rot." Tyran explained.
"You only really get fresh meat if they have livestock on board the ships. at big space stations they ususally did."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:06 pm
"Doesn't rot?!....That's amazing!!" Tat exclaimed with eyes filled with wonderment. She continued to listen intently to Tyran.

((*sigh* Adorable seemingly simple minded Tat......so amazed by everything.))  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm
(aww lol)

Tyran blinked, unsure of what else to say about it.
"Well yeah, uh...it just doesn't. You see it stops the bacteria-"
he stopped hismlef. Bacteria was a concept she probably didn't know about.
"I mean...listen: what makes food rot are bacteria. which are tiny tiny insect like things that eat and poo and spew up all over the food. Or whatever. Vacuum packing it kills them, or stops more getting to the food, since they usually live in the air. It's bacteria that make you ill too."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:22 pm
Tat turned slightly pale in the face at her mental image, "You mean....their everywhere?" She curled up in her seat. I'm going to die.... she thought. Bacteria was the cause of illness....it was in the food....in the air....it was bloody everywhere. In her mind she believed she had been slowing dying since the day she was born now....

When their orders finally arrived she only stared at her plate.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:29 pm
"There's good bacteria too." Tyran said quickly, nodding at his own food as it arrived. "Not all of it makes you ill - just dirty places are bad. That's why if you crap in drinking water it kills you, or if your wounds get dirty, or you get ill if someone sneezes on you, you see?"
he hoped it was some comfort. he didn't want her to get too freaked out.
"Plus since we know what causes illness, we can develop medicines to cure it relatively easily."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:37 pm
((Poor Tyran tries to help....and I find ways to dodge it.......hehe))

Tat nibbled on her potato-only eating enough to lessen her hunger because if she didn't eat she would die anyway at a bit faster pace. When Tyran mentioned 'crap in the drinking water' she nudged her glass away.

Luka purred softly in the shopping bag. It was his reminder to feed him.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:45 pm
((haha tyran doens't have much patience...I dread to think what he's like when he becomes a dad ...not that I ended up daydreaming about what my various character's kids would be like or anything -cough-...not that that included Adam's kids either -doublecough-...I didn't name them either, nooo.....-triplecough- sweatdrop ))

Tyran sighed as he saw she was only picking at her food.
"Come on, don't be ridiculous." he snapped, losing his patience. He shovelled a large amount of hid food into hsi mouth and chewed on it irritably.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:56 pm
(( rofl ...I almost fell out my chair laughing.....I of course haven't done that either.....*shifty eyes*))

Tat continued to only nibble while passing pieces of roast beef to Luka who happily accepted. She watched Tyran shovel food in his mouth-it reminded her of the men back own during the celebrations. "Don't choke and die," she said recalling one incident at a party.....  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:59 pm
Tyran paused in eating and turned in his chair to loo at her - unsure whether it was a bitchy sarcasm or genuine advice. Unable to decide he grunted and returend to his food. with the cover of the table giving him more freedom he unhooked his tail from around his waist and flicked it around, trying to get it to stop tingling with pins and needles.

(oh really? XD)  
~~*RPG Area!*~~~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games