Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
Musings of a bunny on her day. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaviv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:16 pm
KillerLee
No one played with my hair... D:

Should I meet you,

I could fix that for you, but I don't think you'd get much out of it, given
Quote:
...I'm straight).

Still,
Quote:
I have to admit I'm a little scared to go to a con, due to some furries having social issues and not knowing boundaries (not to mention I've had gay and bi male furries be rather forward towards me, and I'm straight).

When I went to Otakon with the Gaia crew, I found that pretty much everyone respected my personal space. It wasn't that nobody hugged or petted or touched me, because I'll hug or pet or shake hands at arm's length as seems appropriate. It's just that nobody did anything that a reasonable person would consider unwelcome.

I suspect furry cons are similar. You have a few people who don't know where the lines are, and the rest can figure it out.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:38 pm
I am not a touchy feely person and I even don't like to shake hands, especially the people who give the cold fish shake, but I have to because of my job.A lot of people seem to try to put on the "i'm tougher than you" handshake, but that is a whole different story altogether.

The few meets I have been to, everyone was very nice about keeping out of my space and unless given permission, they didn't try to touch or hug me. A lot of people didn't have problem going up and randomly pouncing someone, but I tend to be on the periphary (sp?) anyway.  

Rainey_angel81

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:10 pm
Pixeliciousness

Do you find being a straight monogmous furry challenging? I see them complain about it sometimes.

The furry community seems to have more gays and bis than straight people, and I think that's because before the internet most furries found each other through the GBLT community. Now with the internet there's more straight furries coming together. But I get this sense that some male furries who are gay or bi assume I am as well.

Shaviv
KillerLee
No one played with my hair... D:

Should I meet you,

I could fix that for you, but I don't think you'd get much out of it, given

Eh, no.

Quote:

When I went to Otakon with the Gaia crew, I found that pretty much everyone respected my personal space. It wasn't that nobody hugged or petted or touched me, because I'll hug or pet or shake hands at arm's length as seems appropriate. It's just that nobody did anything that a reasonable person would consider unwelcome.

That's an anime con though. I actually have had furries come up and randomly hug or scritch or paw at me without welcome, at furmeets. I'm not hot on the whole "scritching" thing, but don't mind hugs as long as you let me know first.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:33 pm
Pixeliciousness
Well since I had set out to ask questions, I supposed repeating my findings wouldn't be to far away.

I don't know, its like the whole bunny thing has just amplified me. I'm finding myself alot less..cynical then normal. I'm reacting alot more positivly and friendly...people commented on this, and I don't know. It makes me feel good about myself, a little.

I've had an actual pourpose in logging on. I feel like I get on the intrawebs now with a specific goal of something I want to see or read about or do, which is different then my normal playing dwarf fortress and watching youtube videos.

I also feel..I'll say 'lonlier'.

I'm not sure if its me putting on a mask, or taking off one I wasn't as aware I was wearing, but since I've started thinking about this, and reaching out to the community, I feel very much more...comfortable? Then I can recall. It may just be runners high of course! But its filling this weird little niche in me I never noticed was there.

Or I'm nuts. I haven't worked up the guts to go to a con or meet any locals yet, but I have gone to a few other forums and things and talked to some people.

Yeah, talking with people is the real reason why I am addicted to the net. sweatdrop If it wasn't for having people I like and want to see everyday, I wouldn't even bother. Gaia wouldn't interest me either, if it wasn't for my fur guilds.

Selene Aries

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:12 pm
Oh the furs have just been delightful Diana. You people are the bee's knees. And I admit guilds are factoring into alot more of my gaia time then once they did!

Shaviv: My !!xXDinnerXx!! tasted funny...

Lee: I assume that furry sexuality and kinks don't bother you though? Are you okay and comfortable being exposed to it, or does it make you uneasy?

And for Rainey: Do you ever get teased for not being as touchy as your peers? Are furries highly judgemental and I haven't noticed?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:39 pm
non-fur friends used get a kick out of teasing me about it and always trying to hug me when it was obvious that I didn't like it.

Furs have just been understanding. Just like anything, there's always one person who pushes it and I just make it a point to be clear about the no touching rule.
Other than that, everyone I've met in the fur community has been extremely nice.  

Rainey_angel81

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:34 pm
Hmm...I suppose I should have expected that.

In so far I haven't really seen furries oppose anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:48 pm
Pixeliciousness

Lee: I assume that furry sexuality and kinks don't bother you though? Are you okay and comfortable being exposed to it, or does it make you uneasy?

Well, the weirder fetishes of the furdom do disturb me a bit, but only a bit. I've seen enough weird fetishes to be unphased by most of them. What you do behind closed doors means little to me.

I actually think some of the stranger fetishes are funny as hell, actually, and kinda like making fun of them or laughing at jokes about them.  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Shaviv

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:36 pm
Pixeliciousness
Shaviv: My !!xXDinnerXx!! tasted funny...

...what? o_O;  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:53 pm
Oh i thought you had gotten a dwarf fortress reference there and did a DF joke. Disregard:3

Thats my general view as well Lee, but do you ever become bothered that people outside will judge you for indirect association with the stranger things?  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:57 pm
Most people don't know I'm furry. It's not something I wear on my sleeve.

Have you considered putting your avatar in the avatar arena?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:31 am
Easter woulda been my only good time. And I was distracted so didn't get there!

I'm not wearing enough expensive items to win.  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:21 am
Shaviv

I can vouch for that too. Shaviv came by the LARP place last year and we had a brief talk. Pretty cool guy, but I had a feeling I shared the crap out of him.

I tend to do that, being so bulky and large in real life. So hugging people I know on the internet right out is out of the question.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:42 am
For if you where to embrace them in your powerful arms, you would crush the life out of them, leaving behind only ash and dust, right?

Thats good to hear though. I'm a touchy person, but I perfer selective touching, as it where.  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:44 am
Pixeliciousness
For if you where to embrace them in your powerful arms, you would crush the life out of them, leaving behind only ash and dust, right?

Thats good to hear though. I'm a touchy person, but I perfer selective touching, as it where.

Selective touching. In other words I can touch you there but not there? biggrin  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff