Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
(TOPIC CLOSED!) Low On Chakra: Has America Ruined Naruto? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the American dubbed version?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Mirrored Reflection

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:13 pm
I agree. But the main reason I prefer subs is because of all the mis-dubs. Just look at the examples:

Sakura: "Shannarou"... they turn it into "Cha!"
Naruto: "Dattebayo"... they turn it into "Believe it!"
Sasuke: "Usuratonkachi"... they turn it into "Loser."

And I ask you, WTF is going on. Also, I hate all of really bad editing that goes on. The scene-cutting mostly. But I watched the 3rd dubbed opening of Naruto, when they finally changed it to "Haruka Kanata", and at the very end, it still has the name of the real 3rd opening, "Kanashimi wo Yasashisa ni" at the bottom-right corner. What's up with that? However, I still think Naruto got a better dub than the 4Kids dubbed animes. In 4Kids, they rape all of the names, and the meanings.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:57 pm
America Hasn't Ruined Naruto

Actually if it wasn't for Toonami I wouldn't know what narutos is

Sure theire is less Blood and gore but that does not affect fans

If Naruto Was in Adult Swim it Had Blood Gore and its own Lenguage

But it would less Femous than now  

F-22 Raptor II

Mirrored Reflection

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:00 pm
F-22###

It wouldn't be less famous. Why, is because the Japanese version came first, with better catchphrases, voices, and episodes. And nobody disses Adult Swim! NOBODY! Ahem... back on topic. The blood, gore, and seeing how each character handles the situations - be it violently or not - has become a part of the Naruto fandom, such as Sasuke fighting Naruto at the Valley of the End. Also, I actually watched all the subbed episodes first, then watched the dubbed episode 20, and my ears bled. But it's your opinion (grammar and spellingless opinion it may be). And the blood and gore affects fans in more ways than you think. Some of the bloodshed is symbolic, such Sasuke Chidori-ing a hole through Naruto's chest, or Haku and the Third Hokage's death. Other times, it's what makes a Naruto shinobi, a shinobi. As stated the the Land of Waves arc, ninja are just tools for killing. Hopefully dubbed America will understand that and give us back our slight shonen-ai hints and blood.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:41 am
*gives snaps* Yay for someone who was more energetic than myself to actually voice this with good back up. *snaps again* Yay for you.  

nickjonas3lifebdsfsxf

F-22 Raptor II

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:49 am
Mirrored Reflection
F-22###

It wouldn't be less famous. Why, is because the Japanese version came first, with better catchphrases, voices, and episodes. And nobody disses Adult Swim! NOBODY! Ahem... back on topic. The blood, gore, and seeing how each character handles the situations - be it violently or not - has become a part of the Naruto fandom, such as Sasuke fighting Naruto at the Valley of the End. Also, I actually watched all the subbed episodes first, then watched the dubbed episode 20, and my ears bled. But it's your opinion (grammar and spellingless opinion it may be). And the blood and gore affects fans in more ways than you think. Some of the bloodshed is symbolic, such Sasuke Chidori-ing a hole through Naruto's chest, or Haku and the Third Hokage's death. Other times, it's what makes a Naruto shinobi, a shinobi. As stated the the Land of Waves arc, ninja are just tools for killing. Hopefully dubbed America will understand that and give us back our slight shonen-ai hints and blood.
Wow I dont remember saying this

But once again if it Naruto wasn't aired in America it wouldn't had much fans as now

and those fans They download the Japanise series  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:15 am
I have to say, if I saw the American version before the Japanese version, I might not have ended up watching the whole anime because Naruto's "Believe it!" would've killed me.  

nickjonas3lifebdsfsxf

F-22 Raptor II

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:27 am
I hate that Catch Frase

"Believe it" ?

WTF?!

I really hate that frase

That sucks it stare  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:42 am
I agree, and I could give countless examples of why that's correct, but I don't feel like it, so I'm just going to say "Believe it!" and walk away.

*Walks away*  

Decemius

F-22 Raptor II

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:57 am
Mirrored Reflection
I agree. But the main reason I prefer subs is because of all the mis-dubs. Just look at the examples:

Sakura: "Shannarou"... they turn it into "Cha!"

Sorry for not notecing this earlier but English or Japanise Sakura still says "Cha!" For example like the time(Well all the time)That Naruto mets Jiraiga for the first time and trains with him and Jiraiga says"Say do you have a girl you like?" (Or some thing like that)Naruto goes to try and Kiss Sakura and it all ends with a fist...

Sakura says "Cha!"

Dont you noticed it?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:23 pm

In current news,
I have another complaint about the American merchandising.

Did they stop the production of the Sasuke Boxers?

D:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Reticence

xxKazokuxx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:31 pm
I've gotten used to it. I'm at the point where I'm tired of complaining about it since no matter how much I b***h it's still there. The voices are alright (Crispin Freeman as Itachi rox my sox), but these n00bs that the dub has brought along really irritate the hell out of me. Not to mention, Cartoon Network is overplaying the dub now.

I prefer the Japanese version HANDS DOWN.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:18 pm
the japanese version is much better than the american, imo. and for those of you that say it wouldn't have the following if it didn't come out in america are dead wrong. i know a LOT of people that watched it WAAAAAAY before it came out in america. a true anime fan doesn't wait for a botched american dub to watch an anime.  

Cupcake Baking Princess

7,225 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Seiryn Arcess Rynthryx

650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:51 pm
The dubbed versions must DIE!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:44 pm
yush, the dubbed version suck... BADLY....
when naruto first came out in japan i saw it, and i liked it(i was visting my relatives) then i came back t america and it came out a couple years later.
i got excited and i saw it and i was appauled by it burning_eyes  

Reyanz

AznxAngelxRuineux

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:16 pm
FREAK YEAH! I MEAN OMG! THEIR VOICE SUCK SO BAD NOW !STUPID AMERICA THEY JUST HAVE TO GO AND RUIN EVERYTHING! scream evil xp  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff