Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VodkaLeona

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:48 am
Battle Mistress Beatrix
Uso Karasu
Okay... Just starting here. I have never really seriously dieted. I can do something if i set my mind to it. But with something idieting its just plain boring alone.
I had a friend who was going to do it with me but she flaked out. I cant really blame her. She's a vegetarian and its hard to find cheap, vegetarian food that works with a diet... Plus she's lazy XD.
And back on topic.
I want to loose weight for cosplaying and so I look like i belong next to my boyfriend. He says I dont need to loose weight for him. Which Im not. Im doing it for me. I feel odd when we go anywhere. Because we're so opposite in looks. Im 5'3" and 165lb. He's 6'3" and skinny (dont know his exact weight)I mean look. Him left...
Me right

User ImageUser Image

My problems_ 10 hour work day at a desk, asthma and no inhaler, no gym, no DDR (( Used to have it but someone stole it.)), messed up knee right knee and right shoulder, small living quarters.

Start weight: 165
Goal:130lb at least
Wants to loose: 2-5 lb a week

Any tips on what exercises that will help without making my knee and shoulder hurt more is much appreciated. Also any food suggestions. I have a $25 a week budget... I think the ramen isnt helping the weight lose.

Then your best bet would be to straight up diet as in food. Drink lots of water, diet or sugar free drinks. No starches, wheat if you do. Instead of 3 large meals, have 6 smaller meals. And that means cutting out junk food like cookies, chips, etc.

You can try just taking walks every morning/evening. Dancing, but not like crazy hip hop dancing. Maybe something slower like belly dancing.

I was in two car accidents in the last 4 years and messed up my back, neck and shoulder. I have a few tips on workouts that are basically what I learned from physical therapy. I had gained around 70 pounds from not being able to do a lot of stuff but I've been slowly melting that back off with the combo of physical therapy and home excersises. Definately the real help along with that is to eat the smaller meals more frequently thoughout the day to keep your blood sugar levels up wich help with energy.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:55 am
woot! I just weighed and 17 pounds lost in the last 2 months! I'm probably not going to be cosplaying Many characters that show a lot of skin for a while but I'm on the track now. LOL. My goal right now is to get back to my weight when I was 21 and before the car accident. LOL  

VodkaLeona

Fuwa No Mi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:33 pm

Oh goody, this thread is just what I needed~

Ever since I saw Luffy officially genderbended, I've been wanting to cosplay as her.

I'm about 5'6-5'7 and I weigh about 165 or so. I carry a lot of fat on my hips, thighs and butt. I want to lose about 20 more pounds by the time AnimeNorth comes around.

Since September, I have lost over 30 pounds of weight, since I was in a running club.

Unfortunately, this disbanded after November and I didn't have anything to do.

Then my dad found these workout videos called P90X.

They have many different workouts, each spanning about 30 minutes to a full hour and can involve plyometrics, abdominals, arms, chest back, cardio, yoga, kenpo and even special workouts if you have knee troubles.

I'm currently into the plyometrics, where you do numerous amounts of jumping, squatting and moving. It's hell, but I feel great after. After all, I need to work on my legs the most since I'm going to be wearing shorts.

~~~~~~~

What I eat helps out too. I've increased the amount of vegetables I take in and limit fat by buying low fat meals and snacks.

My breakfast concludes of a banana, whole grain English muffin toasted with very light cream cheese and a glass of O.J

My usual lunch consists of lean meat on whole wheat bread. I tend to avoid cheese since I like to put a lot on it, and I put lots of lettuce. Also, I either have steamed green beans or broccoli with me because it's quick to eat. I found that green beans have a crunch like chips, so it's easier to eat them. Sometimes, I get an oatmeal raisin cookie, but that's rarely now since I want to lose an extra 20 by the end of May. My dessert is another banana now.

Dinner is usually light, I like eating seafood with green veggies and with a small amount of rice or noodles. Desert is usually strawberries or bananas with yogurt.

I've also cut out pop significantly and just bring O.J/apple juice with a giant 2 liter bottle of water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:11 am
My goal is to loose 15 pounds in a month if possible. I just lost 5 pounds.

Eat fast food only once a week.
Work out 4 days a week for at least 30 mins to an hour  

SaltyCheerio

Witty Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

dawgnothtebountydude

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:42 pm
~Update~

Good news! I got a ddr mat and game for 20 dollars! And i got some pills that raise your Metabolism.

Bad news... I found out my boyfriends dog ate the cord to hook up the game system to the tv.. I gained 2 lbs. AND MY HOUSE HOLD KEEPS BUYING JUNK FOOD!... Its so hard not to eat any of it.
Ive been eating veggies, wheat crackers, and oat meal... While they keep bringing home pizza, chinese food, and dough nuts.
I wanna cry. Oh yeah and I made my boyfriends birthday cake.. But didnt get to eat any of it..

I have to admit it! I ate a piece of pizza -Y.Y- I am ashamed of myself -Y.Y- I wasnt even hungry. I just wanted to taste it. I was going to only take one bite... But ended up eating all of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:59 pm
So.... My scale is broken, obviously. I'm going to a physical therapist for my knee now, and I used the scale in their bathroom, and I weigh 173lbs. I do not believe I have gained more than five pounds than the weight I weighed before...honestly.

As for my exercise, I have to do these everyday, two or more times a day: leg lifts, one leg squats, crab walks, and I also have to do some hamstring stretches. If anyone has wants me to, I could scan my exercise worksheet, and post it on here.  

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:17 pm
So I have gained 10 lbs form my start weight I started at 140lbs and I am now 150lbs. I have been doing crunches once in a while and a few sit ups, etc (not as often as I should). But I got 2 admit I am loving my tummy. So I am now 6'1 and 150lbs still pretty thin but without jiggling things now.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:06 pm
User Image Im still here. Ive lost 10 lbs since Ive started this. I love Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It's an amazing workout. I have 5 more lbs to lose that are being a pain to come off but will be happy with -10 more too.  

Mibelle26

Amburr Bryte

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:58 pm
User Image

I really need to set a goal.

San Japan is this summer, and Im playing on Cosplaying...

Yoko From Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

I know for sure that Im tall enough with boots, have the legs to wear short shorts, and the bikini top is ... well Im sorta nervous.
But it is Texas. Hot as hell. I should be okay. But one problem Im having is my stomach. ;'c Im thin but... I have a bit of fat on the sides. I really want to get rid of that.

I drink water like constantly, and well, its sorta hard to cut back on eating things I really like. I stopped eating sweets for like a month now. Soda is kiiiiiiiilling me. D: Plus juice is all around me. Gah. I recently got the WiiFit, FINALLY, but I really hope this works.

Any other suggestions can you guys give me?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:48 pm
So... um... 5'6 -- i was pretty happy with my weight last Fanime, I was super depressed and not eating so I was a pretty good cosplay weight. Started on meds and I've gained like... 15-20 pounds since last year, but I want to cosplay Malik again and I really don't want to be flaunting a belly when I'm wearing a belly shirt. I have like 2 months to lose the weight I gained... ;m ; It'd be nice to have a place to stay motivated so here I am. Um. I'm 148 right now... >n> wanna get back down to the 120's... or sumthing.

It's hard being and school but here are my goals:
- Walk an hour + 3-4 days a week
- Sit ups, bridges, squats every day
- HOPEFULLY get over to the gym and start doing more there -- or get to the pool and swim laps (problem is im like a hermit D8 )
- (If I can't do it here -- when I get home at the beg of May I'll make it a point to do morning jogs, and some basic weight training, as well as lap swimming at the pool by my house)
- eat heatlhier
- no food after 8 pm
- 5 small meals a day rather than 3 large ones
- No soda or junk food
- Snacks should be fruits, veggies, yogurt or whole wheat toast
- Drink more water!
-Cut down on starbucks ;m;
- Cut down on sweets! I don't need them everyday! D8< ;;

YEAAA... ; m;

Good luck to all of you!

Pharaoh Maliku

Sparkly Smoker

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Pharaoh Maliku

Sparkly Smoker

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:54 pm
iAmburr: o 3o;

A bikini would be a bit scary -- my first time wearing a belly shirt was terrifying. It really helps to be comfortable with your weight. So if you need to lose some to gain that comfort you should try. It will also be good for your self esteem too. xD; But of course, all girls have some sort of curves (a little bit of fat on the sides and wutnot for child birth FFF) and if they don't they are probably unhealthy. Besides curves are sexy. >3> ; Also working out doesn't garuntee you'll lose fat in the plaes you'd like but it's worth a shot. o3 o; I'm sure you'll be fine.

Sorry I'm not much of a help! D8 Giving up soda is a big help btw! Juice isn't bad for you if you drink it sparingly. It has a lot of good nutrients and what not and if you need a sweet fix juice or fruit is great for that. Natural sugars are fine. ^u^

Aside from wii fit you can do really basic work outs inside your house, such as squats, lunges, crunches, push ups and bridges. You can do those on commercials of a television show or listening to music. Walking everyday is also good too. Hiking is even better.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:26 pm
I'd like to lose some weight.
All this delicious Louisiana food kills me, that & I'm crazy lazy.
I never stick to any plans I make...

Mechacon is in July, however. I'll be doing a Dr. Steel Toy Soldier cosplay; I'm planning on wearing a corset but that, plus the heavy-weight cotton for my uniform, plus New Orleans summer equals Blue in an easy-bake oven.  

A Blue-Eyed Monster

Dapper Dabbler

Ralyle

Shirtless Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:07 pm
I'd like to lose some weight and get my belly in better shape. People say that I am underweight and very skinny though so I don't know how to do this. So far I am trying for a 35 min run on my mom's treadmill and some exercises that she has showed me how to do. Oh, and I ma kind of addicted to ramen and soda so my diet isn't helping. If anyone has suggestions (besides the obvious) please let me know. I need to look good in a swim suit by June 4th which Anime Kaigi. Oh, and my hips are very bony so they kind of stick out. I'd post a pic but that is very embarrassing... -///- My ribs also come out a bit out but I think I can get them to not do that so just any exercise suggestions would be nice. Also anything that will help me slim my legs down... -///- God! I just keep on going don't I? XD  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:24 am
Gah, I got sooo of track, but thankfully I don't think I gained too much weight (clothes aren't tight just a bit snug). So I'm going to go back on my strict diet next week for 3 weeks and I'm going to excersice! Like really!
I'm going to try to go to bed at a reasonable time and also buy snacks that are good for me and pack then with me. Otherwise I end up buying something off my diet. I'm unfortunately am not going to be at my goal for Animazement since that is like 4 weeks away and I think at most I can lose 20 pounds in that time. Which would only be about 1/3 of my wanted weight lose. However I am going home which means healthier eating habits (sleeping habits too). But unfortunately no gym, maybe DDR will work too?
I set my new goal to be 40 pounds (or less depending on where my ideal weight is, cause I have no idea but I do have a large frame) by Otakon!  

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

bloodysword4

Newbie Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:03 am
Okay so I don't have any near future cons near me that i'm going to but I'm trying to plan ahead for next year so that I have more to choose from than my igglybuff costume built over a inflatable fat ballerina costume.

I weigh around 300 lbs and am 5'8" with a gland problem that makes it hard to lose weight without taking my medicine. The ideal body weight for me medicaly is between 120-160 lbs.

I have to find a way to lose around 150 lbs within one year in order to reach this weight in time for the cons that are around my area next year. That's about 12 lbs a month or 3 lbs a week.

Now I know I can do this but I'll need some support.

I've already cut out most soda (diet is still in because that does not add calories) and candy (except for the few morsels I have left from easter). I am not exersizes per say but I am walking around more often because my pokewalker is encouraging me to move about more.

The hard part is thinking of foods that I can get that are not to expensive or can store for a longer time. Suggestions?

Also low impact exersize suggestions that I can do at home? At my weight I refuse to go work out, even though I work at a YMCA.

I also would like suggestion on how to lose the weight steadly and keep it going. Losing weight isn't so much the problem, I lost 25 lbs in 1 month in the summer, but it's keeping it off and not gaining it back that has me troubled.  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff