Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Archives [threads from previous years of the event]
TDM 2010 (Stand by for the tying of loose ends) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 62 63 64 65 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Purple R Taco

5,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:32 am
YelIo
Purple R Taco
Also, I have a friend whose brother was autistic. He always beat me up, but he was a sweety butt when he wanted to be XD

Sounds like quite the character, your friend's brother that is. xD I hope he shows his sweet side more than his beat-up one. :3

Sadly no, hes only sweet when his care-taker is around. The only way to control him is to be agressive and I'm not about to put my friends autistic brother in a head lock.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:33 am
Nerdy_Boy_4evah
Woah. Sounds like ya got alot to do, Purple. Have fun and ne'er give up your determination to finish it!

Yello, we are glad to have such determined members here. It is a great thing that you decided to promote Cancer Awareness.

*nod nod* thank you XD  

Purple R Taco

5,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • First step to fame 200

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:42 am
I think if you made a guild for that it would be spiffy^^ Also, I think that a lot of people would want to be involved with a guild like that. Having something with lots of support and information makes the place right at home for people who have the cause close to their heart. 3nodding

Last year, someone did something for Alzheimer's right after TDM I think. However, I don't know if they have a guild or not.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:44 am
Blaizekit
I think if you made a guild for that it would be spiffy^^ Also, I think that a lot of people would want to be involved with a guild like that. Having something with lots of support and information makes the place right at home for people who have the cause close to their heart. 3nodding

Last year, someone did something for Alzheimer's right after TDM I think. However, I don't know if they have a guild or not.

I think there should be a mental illness type guild.....that will definitely bring in a lot of people...  

Purple R Taco

5,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • First step to fame 200

Kayi Eto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:46 am
User Image
This Post is Property of Chibi

Pop in^^

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:49 am
Nerdy_Boy_4evah
Yello, we are glad to have such determined members here. It is a great thing that you decided to promote Cancer Awareness.

Thanks! Unfortunately, I have a lot of chores right now, but I should be posting more frequently in a bit. x3  

Alisha Diphdas

Estonia Nerd

5,300 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:58 am
Hello, Kayi. Good morning~ How are you?

YelIo, have fun in your chores. Im probably gonna have some moments of no activity due to chores. Then next week I have school.

I would absolutely join a guild supporting Mental Ilnesses! ADD, ADHD, Alzheimers, Autism, .... I would definatly join!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:59 am
Yeah if it was clumped together like that, it would definitely get all sorts of people. Like having a section for different mental illnesses.

That would be something I'd join, anyway, since my mother was bipolar. It was something that was very painful to grow up with, especially when I was a child and didn't understand.  

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300

Estonia Nerd

5,300 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:02 am
Blaizekit
Yeah if it was clumped together like that, it would definitely get all sorts of people. Like having a section for different mental illnesses.

That would be something I'd join, anyway, since my mother was bipolar. It was something that was very painful to grow up with, especially when I was a child and didn't understand.

A guild like that would be good. A general guild gor mental ilnesses, but when ou get insode it has the different kinds. Kind of like this one, with the different kinds of cancer.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:05 am
Yeah. 3nodding

The reason why I wanted to do a whole bunch of different types is because there are a few that get the light of attention all the time and so many more that don't. That leaves people unaware and maybe not doing the appropriate screenings or lowering their risks. Melanoma is a perfect example. Sure you hear about it but people still tan and go to the beach without sunscreen, right? To me, going to a tanning bed is like asking for cancer. xd  

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300

Estonia Nerd

5,300 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:15 am
I would never go to one of those contraptions. Why, when there is the good ol' sun? And the sun is free. All you have to do is apply the appropriate SPF sunscreen.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:18 am
Nerdy_Boy_4evah
YelIo, have fun in your chores. Im probably gonna have some moments of no activity due to chores. Then next week I have school.

I would absolutely join a guild supporting Mental Ilnesses! ADD, ADHD, Alzheimers, Autism, .... I would definatly join!

Alright, I'm done for now, at least, I think. xD
Yeah, same here, school wise. D:

x3 When I make my Guild, I'll send an invite.

-Blaizekit,

Hello! That's a very good point you made there! I never thought about it that way before. But I guess if your focus is on one area, not only is it easier to fully be aware of, but it's easier to want to join the, because because there is a better understanding.  

Alisha Diphdas

Fuzia

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:22 am
SAVE THE TITS!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:28 am
Ill be back in twenty~ Off to do laundry and get something to eat! Ill be back~  

Estonia Nerd

5,300 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:28 am
talk2hand Fuz, you're being a distraction. *shoves into a closet*  
Archives [threads from previous years of the event]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 62 63 64 65 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games