Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fetal Containment Field
Fetus Fridge Version 2.0 (chat thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:48 pm
ThePeerOrlando
Ya wanna know something annoying? How they b***h, and b***h, and b***h about how tax money goes to pay for abortion.

1) It DOES NOT GO TO PAY FOR ABORTION. Abortions are payed in full by the woman who is purchasing it. Abortions aren't like pills. The PP doesn't stock them in quantities and have to order more when they run out. They're purchased on an individual basis.

2) Even if it DID go to pay for abortion, so what? I find abstinance only education, anti-drug actions and anything that helps support Christianity (even so far as not taxing churches) immoral, yet my taxes pay for all of those things. Should I get to stop paying my taxes or force Christian churches to pay taxes?
I think we should get to decide what we want our taxes to go towards. But that would be too simple. The government doesnt care about what you support and what you dont. They just want your money.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:32 pm
LadyInWhite
ThePeerOrlando
Ya wanna know something annoying? How they b***h, and b***h, and b***h about how tax money goes to pay for abortion.

1) It DOES NOT GO TO PAY FOR ABORTION. Abortions are payed in full by the woman who is purchasing it. Abortions aren't like pills. The PP doesn't stock them in quantities and have to order more when they run out. They're purchased on an individual basis.

2) Even if it DID go to pay for abortion, so what? I find abstinance only education, anti-drug actions and anything that helps support Christianity (even so far as not taxing churches) immoral, yet my taxes pay for all of those things. Should I get to stop paying my taxes or force Christian churches to pay taxes?
I think we should get to decide what we want our taxes to go towards. But that would be too simple. The government doesnt care about what you support and what you dont. They just want your money.

I don't think I should get to decide where my taxes go. Why? Because I can't be objective and fair about it. If it was up to me the government would be run completely differently, and in such a way those who I do not like would be thourougly uncomfortable. And when I say uncomfortable I mean dead. The government should attempt to be as impartial and objective as possible to aid our nation in growth, stability, and general management.  

ThePeerOrlando

Yi Min

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:29 am
scream My English Prof. got on topic about abortion, AGAIN. This man really has some false knowledge about abortion. He keeps saying the Partial Birth is new and legal. I was like *HEAD DESK*
I'd expect someone with a Ph.D to actually look into the facts instead of spewing out false information. I'd don't mind if he is pro-life, really I don't. But, he doesn't need to assert his position IN CLASS or spread FALSE information.

I mean, really if I wanted to hear his point of view, I would ask him AFTER class, when such things would be more appropriate. I am not paying to hear him talk about his morals. English class =/= moral class.

Anyway, we have to write a persuasive essay about something controversial and because "Abortion is overdone and there isn't anything new that anyone could possibly say," I have chosen gay and lesbian adoption. twisted I wonder how he'll react to it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:01 pm
Yi Min
scream My English Prof. got on topic about abortion, AGAIN. This man really has some false knowledge about abortion. He keeps saying the Partial Birth is new and legal. I was like *HEAD DESK*
I'd expect someone with a Ph.D to actually look into the facts instead of spewing out false information. I'd don't mind if he is pro-life, really I don't. But, he doesn't need to assert his position IN CLASS or spread FALSE information.

I mean, really if I wanted to hear his point of view, I would ask him AFTER class, when such things would be more appropriate. I am not paying to hear him talk about his morals. English class =/= moral class.

Anyway, we have to write a persuasive essay about something controversial and because "Abortion is overdone and there isn't anything new that anyone could possibly say," I have chosen gay and lesbian adoption. twisted I wonder how he'll react to it.
I'd suggest looking up some information about "partial birth abortion" that is reputable... make up a document about it (with a reference list), print out 2 dozen copies, put one on his desk before class, and one on the desk of every student in your class, being sure to bold and italicize every fact about the abortion he denies ("it's new and legal" so bold "it's old" and "it's illegal in such and such places").

That ought to thoroughly piss him off, especially since he won't be able to pin-point you as the culprit.

If you'd like... I'd be glad to help >D  

Talon-chan

Yi Min

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:41 pm
Talon-chan
Yi Min

I'd suggest looking up some information about "partial birth abortion" that is reputable... make up a document about it (with a reference list), print out 2 dozen copies, put one on his desk before class, and one on the desk of every student in your class, being sure to bold and italicize every fact about the abortion he denies ("it's new and legal" so bold "it's old" and "it's illegal in such and such places").

That ought to thoroughly piss him off, especially since he won't be able to pin-point you as the culprit.

You are so delightfully evil. I think you guys are rubbing off on me! gonk I wouldn't even need two dozen, there are only 8 people in that class. My University has a 12:1 student: Faculty ratio. Very small. I have a feeling if I do that, he would go through and pick out every mistake instead of reading through it for content. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:06 pm
Yi Min
You are so delightfully evil. I think you guys are rubbing off on me! gonk I wouldn't even need two dozen, there are only 8 people in that class. My University has a 12:1 student: Faculty ratio. Very small. I have a feeling if I do that, he would go through and pick out every mistake instead of reading through it for content. neutral

Than you could post it here for us to beta read. biggrin DD  

[Ernie]

Talon-chan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:14 pm
Yi Min
Talon-chan
Yi Min

Hence providing extensive citations and having us help out ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:32 pm
Talon-chan
Yi Min
Talon-chan
Yi Min

Hence providing extensive citations and having us help out ^_^

Or you could just hire me to... remove the problem.  

ThePeerOrlando

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:09 pm
o___O

See, this is why i refuse to go to college/university in the US of A.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:33 am
LadyInWhite
o___O

Well it is sort of my own fault. It is a "Liberal Arts catholic university". But, I didn't have much choice. The community college doesn't offer my major at all and there are only those two in driving distance. *sigh*

I hope we move to someplace... better.

Yi Min

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:39 pm
Yi Min
LadyInWhite
o___O

Well it is sort of my own fault. It is a "Liberal Arts catholic university". But, I didn't have much choice. The community college doesn't offer my major at all and there are only those two in driving distance. *sigh*

I'm goin to east germany. Hopefully i wont have to put up with such stupidity there.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:34 pm
LadyInWhite
Yi Min
LadyInWhite
o___O

I'm goin to east germany. Hopefully i wont have to put up with such stupidity there.

Good luck.

Does anyone have source to how many children are up for adoption in this country? I've seen the numbers but I need a source. sad

Yi Min

Talon-chan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:59 pm
Yi Min
LadyInWhite
Yi Min
LadyInWhite
o___O

Good luck.

Does anyone have source to how many children are up for adoption in this country? I've seen the numbers but I need a source. sad
I don't have the time to look it up now... but if you do an advanced google search for something like "waiting to be adopted" or "adoption statistics" and tell it to return only .gov sites I'm sure you'll find something reputable.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:49 am
Talon-chan
Yi Min
LadyInWhite
Yi Min
LadyInWhite
o___O

Good luck.

I don't have the time to look it up now... but if you do an advanced google search for something like "waiting to be adopted" or "adoption statistics" and tell it to return only .gov sites I'm sure you'll find something reputable.

Thank You. heart  

Yi Min

]Kaiser[

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:08 pm
I LOVE YOU ALL heart

Just thought I'd let you know.  
Fetal Containment Field

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games