Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feverw0lf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:11 pm
Second Year Slytherin Student: SaLevera Sykes

User Image

Levera slipped into her seat at the Slytherin table, hoping that her arrival would go unnoticed. She had been in the bathroom trying to avoid having another mental breakdown. Ferreus was getting to be an annoying habit and he had been chittering nonstop in some foreign sounding language in her head. It took her a while to block the sound out and now she was starved.

She looked at the food and then chose to scoop some shepherd's pie on her plate, not caring if the feast had started yet. Anyone who wanted to stop her could take it up with her fists.

~~
“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:52 pm
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars

User Image

~

Shin sighed. He heard the snakes and tge conversations. He was not interested. He took out his bag, looking for his book. His face paled. "Oh.... No.. No no! NO!!" All the blood drained from his face. He looked panicked. "It..it's gone..."

~

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sailor Tralfamadore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:25 pm
User Image

Charon said he could help Stella find snakes. "I may have to take you up on that later," she said. "If I ever get my mother to agree to it." Then, his last name rung a bell: Gaunt - does that mean he was related to Voldemort? Was that polite, to bring that up right now?

Stella noticed that some of the students were taken aback by her announcement that she was half-blood. She rolled her eyes. Whatever. She wasn't going to put up with prejudice. Prejudice was stupid, and if there was one thing Stella could NOT stand it was any kind of stupidity. Her Italian pureblood relatives had no problem with her father being a Muggle; why couldn't Britain's purebloods get up to speed? As she thought about this, she heard Charon and Dante hissing. Stella gasped. Parseltongue! She didn't think anyone spoke it anymore - but then again, Charon was a Gaunt. She also couldn't help but wonder if they were talking about her. She knew that at her Muggle primary school, some of the Pakistani kids would speak in Urdu for that reason: gossiping about others without them knowing. It wasn't like Stella could do anything about it, though. She knew Italian, through her mum, but she didn't know anyone else outside her family who did.

Stella couldn't wait to meet some people from the other three houses, who hopefully would care less about who her parents were. (Well, other two... Stella had already picked up on the fact that Slytherin and Gryffindor were not on good terms, from someone of the conversations she overheard while waiting for the Sorting Hat.)

Roisin asked her about her Italian family. Stella actually got excited by this, even though she didn't think family connections were all that interesting. It was because her family's talent was one which really excited her. "They are all Animagi," Stella said, thinking back to all the animal-filled visits to the Marcelli estate in Venice. "My mum is an eagle herself. She said she might teach me once I've been at Hogwarts a few years; she doesn't think I know enough magic yet. I can't wait." She paused, hoping Roisin would react well to this. She seemed nice enough, even if she apparently cared so much about families and blood. "What is your family's...um...special talent?" Stella figured it was only polite to throw the question back.

Stella noticed Ariya shrinked back from the question about blood purity. She wondered if the girl, like her, was a non-pureblood. She made a mental note of it and figured that Ariya was someone worth getting to know; maybe she'd be her lifeline in this pureblood-mad house. She winked at her, knowingly.

((OOC: @Dante - no offense taken, I kind of expected that reaction from someone. Stella is going to have to learn the hard way not to be super-upfront about everything immediately. ))  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:16 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Sever was frantic looking into his bag beside her. Roisin looked over to see what was wrong. At Sever's paniced look, Roisin asked. "What's wrong, Sever? What's gone?" When Sever didn't say anything right away, Roisin figured to leave him alone until he was ready to say, if he ever was.

Estella admitted her family were Animagi, and Roisin grew excited. She didn't know any Animagi personally, but her grandparents talked of their acquaintances that were, usually snakes or falcons with the occasional cat thrown in.
"You're mother and family are Animagi? That's quite enthralling! Do you think you will be an eagle Animagi as well? Or does some other animal hold your fascination more?"

Roisin felt her smile grow wicked, and she couldn't help it. Her line had gone to Drumstrung for over 20 generations. As far back as they could trace the school, her family the O'Brennans as well as her mother's family the Greve von Hopea all attended Drumstrung. There was only one thing her family took complete and utter pride in.
"The Dark Arts of course. We have had seers in the family, and deja vu runs rampant, but We pride ourselves on the Arts we practice, inventing new spells, hexes, jinxes, charms and the likes to influence the ever growing Arts. On a more personal note, my branch of the family have a particular ear for languages. Much like that muggle movie the Warrior or 13th Viking or some such title, only it takes more than a week to finally pick through a language's delicate nature. There are other talents, but those are the most relevant, as of present anyway."

User Image  

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:30 pm
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars

User Image

~

Shin shook. "My fathers gonna kill me...." He was still in shock. "I lost.... The book.... Slytherins book..." he was still in shock. He had lost the most valuable book in his families library. He was.. Dead.

~

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:40 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin forgot about her governess and all of her lessons the old woman had drilled into her, lessons she had learned at a quick pace to the pride of her parents and grandparents and their other relatives. Instinct kicked in, instinct enhanced by the training of her brothers. "THE Book? Sever, you think you lost The Book? When did you last have it? Did you take it out at all during the train ride or perhaps on the lake. I know you weren't showing it off, but maybe for comfort?"

Roisin sort through her mind for a tracking spell, or a lost and found spell that would retrieve The Artifact.

User Image

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:50 pm
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

User Image

~

Shin's eyes went wide." I... I tripped, my bag fell... But, but. All the books went flying, I thought I pick them all up I... I could've sworn it was and there...". Shin put his head in his hands a distraught look on his face. He could not believe that he lost the book. He was so dead. Not dead in the, 'oh my parents are going to ground me for the rest of my life' kind of dead...no, he was quite literally going to be murdered by his father if he lost that book. It happened before and his family, his family was not know for their family pride. You screw up ...0
you die.

~

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:58 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin rubbed his back in comforting circle motions. "Stay calm, Sever. Where did you trip? And when?" Roisin closed her eyes and prayed to the Ole Gods. Please, Please not getting in or out of the boat, please!

User Image

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:05 pm
Ura the rainbow King
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

User Image

~

Shin was shaking. He stuttered as he said" I... I, I was getting off the train... and I accidentally bumped ...into some older student. A,.. Another girl helped me pick up my books.... But. Maybe. Can't believe I lost it!!!" He shook his head and was having a complete panic attack. All rational thought had left his head." I. Am. So. Dead"!

~

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:06 pm
User Image

Ariya Denari

Ariya smiled back as someone else introduced themselves to her. "It's a pleasure to meet you. Roisin, wasn't it? Sorry if I seemed shy, I'm not used to meeting so many new people at once." She blushed slightly at this, and listened to the rest of the conversation. If possible, she turned a brighter shade of red when those at the table starting talking about their family talents. Her family had none. The majority of them were dead.
She caught Stella's wink, and smiled at her, the blush barely beginning to fade, when she heard something about someone losing a book . . . Slytherin's book? What was that? She'd never heard of it before.  

Katagonia

Sinuous Goat

37,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Elocutionist 200

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:11 pm

User Image

Dante turned when he heard his name spoken,'yes I am Dante Prince. It is a pleasure to meet you Morvin Varren" he spoke with a small smirk on his face. Although his name spoke much of his lineage he wondered if this boy had what it took to live up to such a name. But for someone to address him by his name directly peaked his interest enough to indulge him in conversation. "It is no surprise that one such as yourself was placed in Slytherin." he smirked.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:13 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Seeing no other way to get Sever to focus, Roisin grabbed his face between her hands and forced him to look at her. "Focus and breathe for me Sever. What did the older student look like? The girl that helped you? Give me details, I can't send something to every older or female student to check their possessions nor can I send something all the way back to London on the Train. So calm down and help me to help you."

User Image

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Sailor Tralfamadore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:22 pm
User Image

Roisin seemed really interested in Stella's family's talent. Stella was happy about this. "I don't think I'll be an eagle." she replied. "I'm not into birds. I prefer reptiles and fish." She smiled. "Maybe they were right to sort me into Slytherin rather than Ravenclaw" she finished, hoping her joke would go over well.

She listed as Roisin described her family's abilities at the Dark Arts (Stella had to admit an intellectual fascination with dark magic, even though her mother had cautioned her against that interest, so she found this intriguing) and at languages. At this, Stella perked up. "Oh, I like languages, too." she said. "I haven't studied any magical ones yet, but I speak Italian fluently - from my mum. And I know a little French, too."

However, Roisin suddenly lost interest when a boy Stella had seen before at some earlier point - Sever, she thought his name was - mentioned, alarmingly, losing some important book. He said it was Slytherin's book. "Slytherin as in Salazar?" Stella asked, immediately feeling stupid after she asked it. Who else would it be? But then her mind raced when he mentioned bumping into some girl. That's where she had seen him! And she remembered the girl, too. "I know which girl you mean. I don't know her name, but I think she had Ravenclaw robes, though I could be wrong," Stella replied. "I could point her out if you want."

((OOC: edited ))  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:24 pm
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

User Image

~

Shin tried to focus. "I knocked into Mr. Prince... I... I don't think he noticed.... The girl was.. Was. Miss...CARDELL!" He said, remembering. The book in question was currently under a tree at the station unless prince or some student had picked it up.

~

User Image

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games