Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Forbidden Forest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:14 am
Sigmund Vulf
Werewolf and Fugitive

User Image

Sigmund yelped with pain as searing light burned into both of his eyes, a bright flash of light that blinded him. The bright flash of light blinded him and sent tendrils of pain through his whole body. Disengaging from the boy, he fled on all fours into the forest, yelping with pain.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:17 am
User Image
Alexander Osbourne

Oz touched his frayed side and flinched with pain, groaning lightly. His robes were starting to soak with blood. He slipped off the shirt and balled it up, the binding it to his body with a magic rope spell. He recovered his outer robe and fastened it around himself, concealing his shirtless-ness. Then, stumbling, he found his way out of the Forest. "Lucy?" he called out.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:29 am
Goodbye to you,
Goodbye to everything that I knew.

User ImageUser Image
Where am I? Outskirts of the Forbidden Forest
What's on my mind? Nothing but fear, worry and concern
My desire?Scream, sob or somethin'
What am I wearing?Ta-da!

User Image

User Image
Lucy Elizabeth Bonks
Gryffindor

Pureblood
"Baby, I can feel your halo"

Lucy closed her eyes shut and covered her eyes, sligthly shaking with fear. She didn't like the sounds she was hearing. It was tearing her heart apart. When she heard a light yelp, she felt her heartbeat slow down, slightly scared that it came from Oz. But no, he stumbled out, a little pale, and more or less safe and healthy, "Oz, thank God!" she sobbed and hugged him tightly, still slightly shaking, "Are you okay?"

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

And when the stars fall,
I will lie awake.
You're my shooting star...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:34 am
User Image
Alexander Osbourne

He saw Lucy and thanked his lucky stars that she was alright, his heart rate slowing slightly. He had wiped his hands on his shirt so they were clean when he reached out for her. "Yeah," he said trying to seem as calm as possible. "Might have twisted my ankle though. We should probably go up to the nurse's office. Help me?" he asked finally, holding out his arm to the side not bitten.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:40 am
Goodbye to you,

User ImageUser Image
What am I wearing?Ta-da!

User Image

User Image
Lucy Elizabeth Bonks
Gryffindor

Pureblood

Lucy frowned at Oz. He seemed hurt, but she didn't say a word. Silence was the key for now. She placed a light kiss on his cheek as if to reassure and ease him down, and nodded, "Alright," she uttered as she slipped under his arm so he could lean on her. After all, she spent most of her childhood on the streets, she was strong, "C'mon, let's go."

User Image

And when the stars fall,
I will lie awake.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:49 am
User Image
Alexander Osbourne

Oz smiled weakly when Lucy kissed his cheek, the color still draining from his face. His side throbbed with pain and felt as through there were knives sticking into his side. He put some of his weight onto her and slowly started to move up towards the school. He hoped that the nurse would be able to keep the secret of the werewolf attack, but knew that, at least, the Headmistress would have to know. Oz might be a danger to the school. So, she would have to know.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:10 pm
Goodbye to you,

User ImageUser Image
What am I wearing?Ta-da!

User Image

User Image
Lucy Elizabeth Bonks
Gryffindor

Pureblood

Lucy sighed heavily, still not reassured whether Oz was alright or not. She was dead worried, and wanted to know what was wrong with her boyfriend. Frowning softly, she chuckled under her breath and smiled to herself, "Hey," she mumbled, forcing a broken smile as she looked at him before focusing back onto the path, "Did you kick some a**?" she smirked gently as she nudged him very softly, hoping that wouldn't cause pain.

User Image

And when the stars fall,
I will lie awake.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:02 pm
User Image
Alexander Osbourne

Oz smiled weakly when she asked if he kicked some a** and chuckled lightly, the act of doing so sending sparks of pain through his body. He winced visibly. "Yeah... I totally did," he said, putting on his most positive face. It wasn't necessarily a lie. He did repel the werewolf and temporarily blind him. His head started to feel light, most of the blood having escaped his body via the ragged holes in his side. When she nudged him, he winced again, this time less visibly. "Oh, my ankle," he lied.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:12 pm
Goodbye to you,

User ImageUser Image
What am I wearing?Ta-da!

User Image

User Image
Lucy Elizabeth Bonks
Gryffindor

Pureblood

Lucy chuckled and forced a broken smile, trying to ignore the tears that were making her eyes glimmer faintly by the moonlight. Each time she watched Oz wince, a small piece of her heart exploded. Seeing him her broke her heart, and she felt so guilty about it, "Oh, I'm so sorry!" she whimpered urgently, bitting her bottom lip as concern and panic twinkled in her eyes.

User Image

And when the stars fall,
I will lie awake.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:37 pm
User Image
Alexander Osbourne

Oz looked up as the castle loomed over them, the school's shadow blocking out the full moon. He looked at Lucy and nodded, exhaling slowly as he walked. His side hurt and he was losing a lot of blood, pretty rapidly. Thankfully, they were walking up to the school now. "Oh, look, castle," he said nonchalantly.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:14 am
Goodbye to you,

User ImageUser Image
What am I wearing?Ta-da!

User Image

User Image
Lucy Elizabeth Bonks
Gryffindor

Pureblood

Lucy forced a small, broken smile despite the tears blinding her sight. Letting out a small sigh, she nodded and carefully and slowly climbed the courtyard stairs that would lead to the Hospital Wing, "Alright, let's go," she mumbled to herself partly, pushing the door open and gently pulled Oz in along with her, looking for the nurse.

I'll post to Aku next! <3

User Image

And when the stars fall,
I will lie awake.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:31 am
User Image 
вαιεy яαε σιvεя

"нαvε α нεαяt tнαt nεvεr нαяdεns,

α tεmρεr tнαt nεvεr tιяεs,

α toυcн tнαt nεvεr нυяts."

┌ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ┐

Her footsteps were nearly unheard, muffled by the sound of the wind whipping above in the treetops. Bailey crept carefully between trees, over the thick layer of fallen leaves, and under low-hanging branches. She kept her hood low over her eyes, despite the danger of it obstructing her view, in order to keep her out of sight from others, camouflaged against the darkness. Her heart stuttered and she dropped low to the ground as two giant centaur raced passed her, nearly trampling her body under their solid hooves. It took her longer than necessary to recover from the scare, but she continued deeper into the forest when she did.

Her maroon sequin bag was slung loosely over her shoulder, carrying the one source she had to refer to. The darkness began to let up as she neared a small clearing, bordered by tall, leafy shrubbery that gave her a feeling of confinement, but nothing near a sense of safety. Bailey knew she was mental for adventuring into the forest alone, especially after dusk, but she had yet to make any friends that she felt were trust-worthy enough for such an escapade.

She retrieved her stolen copy of Arduos Adventures of an Animagus: Transforming Your Inner Animal, and laid it out gently on the cold, forest floor. Propping it up with a heavy rock, she knelt low to the ground, searching for the page on First Time Transformations. She reread its contents numerous times, mentally running through the process of transforming her body. Nowhere near confident, she rose to the center of the clearing, her shaky hands fumbling inside the pockets of her robes in search of her wand.

A deep breath successfully calmed her nerves, but when a loud shuffle in the bushes behind her alerted her of company, her heart beat soured and she jumped in the opposite direction, her wand now searching the darkness for danger.
"Lumos!" She whispered into the night, her breath invisible against the warm summer air. The tip of her wand turned the entire clearing a pale yellow, but the edges remained in complete blackness. She strained her eyes beyond the clusters of trees and shrubs, wishing she were already a skilled animagus.

└ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ┘

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Porcelaine Ivory

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Bailey's fear quickly melted into confusion as her uncle stepped into the clearing with a look of uncertainty. "Uncle Braylon!" She exclaimed with a relieved hand over her fast-beating heart. "You scared the bloody hell out of me! What are you doing here?" She questioned, trying to stay casual as she edged forward, doing her best to hide the Animagus book from his view. "I think the better question is what are you doing here?" He countered, walking around her and kneeling next to the book. "Planning on becoming an Animagus, Bailey?" He added in a dark tone with a hint of sarcasm as he read the words on the page of his own book. Bailey's heart beat picked up again and she shrugged, her eyes falling to the bright-colored leaves that lay lazily on the forest floor. "I...guess I might be." She whispered as they made eye contact. Her stare was guilty, while Braylon's was much more of an accusing glare.

He stood up, his mind running through the risks, but also lingering on the positives. "Do you have any idea how dangerous this is, Bails? You could end up in St. Mungo's doing this out here alone." He shook his head, pacing slowly along the edge of the open clearing. Bailey looked hopeful for a moment as she lurched forward, grabbing a hold of her uncle's forearm. "That's it! You could help me, Uncle Braylon! That way if anything does go wrong, you'll be here to help. Plus I know you have some pointers for me. You know everything." Bailey urged, hoping her plan wouldn't backfire. Braylon took his niece's hand in his, looking even deeper into her dark brown eyes. "Bailey, as much as I would love to know that you're capable of protecting yourself, I'd still be putting you in danger. Not to mention putting myself in danger, do you know what your mum would do to me if she knew I was even considering this!" He asked skeptically, doing his best to avoid Bailey's begging eyes.

Bailey thought it best to keep quiet, folding her hands in front of her and stepping back a few feet to give him some space. Braylon's mind was brought back to the sight of his dad plotting with a stranger in that dark and dingy pub, and he nodded his head, feeling that this was probably Bailey's best bet if anything were to come up. "Okay." A long sigh followed his answer before he finally explained his terms and conditions. "But Bailey, you need to be serious about this. You need to understand the risks you're taking, and the consequences that might come out of this." Bailey's face lit up with amazed excitement and she jumped into a hug. "Really! Thank you, Braylon! Yes, yes, of course! I've been studying for weeks! I'm ready!"

The shocked look that covered her uncle's face was fierce. "Oh, no, no, sweatheart. Nobody's transforming into an Animagus tonight. First we learn, then we practice." Braylon stated solidly as he sat down on the ground and pulled his feet in. "Sit." He gestured next to him and the open book. Bailey explained everything she knew of Animagi in great detail, and Braylon questioned her nonstop, doing his best to ensure she was aware of each and every aspect of the transformation and its process. After over an hour of the tedious study session, he closed the book and stood up, holding out a helping hand to Bailey. When she opened her mouth to complain about not being able to practice tonight, he held up a silencing finger to her lips. "You will meet me here at midnight every Wednesday. Bring no one. Tell no one. These things take time, Bails, and I'm not taking any unnecessary risk with this." He threw a comforting arm around her shoulders and led her out of the clearing. "Come on. You're gonna need to get some sleep if you're gonna be running around like a wild animal at night." He teased playfully, returning her smile.

┌ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ┐

Bailey and Braylon met nearly every week for the remainder of the summer. She attempted her first transformation three weeks before her return to Hogwarts, and though she wasn't hurt, the spell was ineffective. Two more attempts proved pointless, as well, the best result being a painful tail that took Braylon three days to mend. She returned to Hogwarts with a determined state of mind, making her uncle promise to continue their weekly practices.

└ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ┘

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:11 pm
User Image
The Mysterious Thief

“When darkness falls I’ll be at your heels,”

A man sat in the shadow of the tree at which he leaned against. He blended into the bark, sitting there, listening, waiting for what he traveled so far for. The man's face was shadowed so adeptly by the thick canopy above him, created by the ancient trees of the Forbidden Forest.

Only one sentence echoed in the man's head. Get the sword. That one sentence was all the man focused on, all that kept him wallowing in such filth. Otherwise, he would have been home, sitting in in front of his fireplace, reading a favorite book of his.

”Blasted nature,”

“A shadow at your back, a thief that steals,”

((This character is shared between both Vampire Toy and Kakatary))

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:59 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

When Braylon finally made his way into the clearing, his niece was already there. She was perched on top of the giant black book, using it as a stool while she waited for him to show up. "Geez Bails, I'm not that late. Cheer up a bit." He joked, hoping to crack that usual smile she wore at almost any time of the day. "Oh shut up, Uncle Braylon. Can't a girl look at the stars in peace?" She teased back, pushing herself up onto her feet. "Well...I guess. If you'd rather watch the sky than practice transforming into an animagus, then...yeah, be my guest." Braylon gestured playfully up at the dark abyss that lingered above them, scattered with thousands of burning nightlights. "Oh, come off it! You know I was only playing. So, shall I just give it a go then?" The excitement in Bailey's voice obvious, though her attempt to hide it was more than moderate.

Braylon smirked down at the young Hufflepuff. She was always so persistent. He bent down and heaved his copy of Arduous Adventures of an Animagus into his muscular-toned arms. "Actually, I was thinking about going with the modest approach for tonight. It's rather late, and after that lonely tail you grew last time, I think you could use a review." His first attempt was always kind, but he knew that with Bailey it would never work. "Braylon... Come on, I can do this! You know I can! I almost had it! If it hadn't been for that bloody bowtruckle that swerved my attention, I would be climbing from trees right now!" Bailey's complaints were useless, and she knew it, but that didn't stop her from trying.

Sighing heavily, Braylon shoved the book into her arms. "Fine. I won't bother helping ya then. You can read over the chapters again by yourself. Go ahead and drag this sucker to every class and see how long it takes you to have it confiscated. That's if they don't expel you first, that is." He hated having to be the bad guy, but with Bailey's determination, he couldn't get around it. Sighing again, he went a little easier on her. "Just take it back to your dorm and go back over the First Time Transformations chapter before bed. I can't meet you tomorrow night, I've got a big shipment coming into the shop and I'd like to surprise your mum with a fully stocked store. The rest of my week's pretty busy, too, but I'll send you an owl sometime this week." His promise was firm, as was the solid look in his eyes as he assured her that she would get to practice eventually. "And I still don't know how you just...know what your animagus form is before you've even transformed... I mean, what in the bloody hell is a clouded leopard? Sounds made up, if ya ask me..." Braylon's words were half teasing, half serious. "Intuition." Bailey replied with a shrug. "Besides...you saw the tail." She assured him, referring to the extremely painful, three foot long, tan tail that she had sprouted the last time they practiced her transformation. It was thick, covered with velvet fur, and blotched with numerous cloud-like shapes.

Bailey didn't need to see the tail for herself to know what form she would take once she became an animagus, she had already known for quite sometime. Well not known exactly...intuition was a rather fair way of describing it. She had been experiencing the same dream for the past month. A medium-sized wild cat, somewhere in between the size of a house cat and a lion, hanging, jumping, and resting in the trees of the Forbidden Forest. Most of the time she actually was the clouded leopard, whose name she only knew through researching muggle books in the library one evening. She had also found herself drawing faint images of the mysterious creature, and it would seem that her behavior had recently been resembling that of what you might call a wild animal, every so often.

Accepting the fact that she wasn't going to get any real practice in tonight, Bailey wrapped her arms tightly around the thickly bound book and let her cloak fall over her thin shoulders. "Well thanks for the practice, Uncle Braylon" She spoke sarcastically, though on the inside she was dying to beg him for one quick run, though she knew her efforts would be just as useless as her initial pleading had been. "Don't worry. Your time will come, kiddo. Ain't like this stuff is made for fifth year Hogwarts students. This is serious magic, Bailey, you need to keep that in mind." Braylon reminded her, hoping that she might file his words under "important", rather than locking them in a closet at the back of her head, as usual. He knew her transformation attempts were too weak to be successful for that very reason. In her mind, this was just another game of Quidditch, only now, she wasn't playing to her full potential.

"Yeah, yeah. Later, Bray! Thanks for no-, I mean, everything!" Joking as always, Bailey had already disappeared through the thick edge of shrubbery as she yelled her goodbyes. "Serious, Bails!" Braylon hollered back, giving one last jab at his niece's stubborn intellect. "It'll sink in one of these days." He mumbled to himself, walking backwards as he pushed through the brush opposite of where Bailey had just disappeared into. She might be hard-headed, he thought to himself as he turned to make the long journey back to Gladrags before his sister noticed his absence, but that bloody sorting hat put her in Hufflepuff for some damn reason.

User Image

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games