Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mexican Donuts

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:35 pm
User Image

Alexander Greyson
1st Year

"I'll take you up on that offer Charlotte," Xander said laughing. he wasn't as big a fan of Butterbeer as Nott seemed to be, but he did like it a lot.

"We can sneak down to the kitchens and I'll show you where the entrance is. But, are you sure you don't want my jumper back? I don't mind, really." Alex said, fingering his jumper.

He wasn't cold, even though he was sitting in the front of the boat. Charlotte was right, the castle was blocking most of the wind, but it still was a bit chilly. He was used to it, but from what he'd seen, it seemed that Charlotte got cold easily. He didn't want her getting sick, not after they'd just become friends, and on their first day of school, too.

Alex leaned over the side of the boat. He was bored, and the novelty of arriving at Hogwarts by boat was wearing off. "I can't believe it's taking this long. You'd think that a boat could cross a lake quickly, especially if it's using magic. Even after that, we have to wait a while in a room off the Great Hall, while they set up the sorting, or so me mum says."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:38 pm
3nodding
User Image

"Agreed." He reached out and shook Alexander's hand in total seriousness before laughing at his own facade. He had his own team attire which he would wear with pride. Which quickly brought him to realize that he was soon going to have a new team. Whichever house he was placed in would have its own Quidditch team and that would be his team as well. Whenever he made the team, he felt sure that in a few years he would definitely be there, that would be his first Quidditch team.

He follow Charlotte's eyes. "And I assume that the stragglers among us will make that trip extra slow." His stomach grumbled in assent with Alexander's comment about food. He had been so busy today that he hadn't eaten since breakfast. And considering the amount that he ate, there was a considerable poundage of food lacking from his day.

All of the talk about Quidditch had gotten his heart pumping and he was starting to feel quite warm. Reaching up he unclasp his robe and in a single deft move swung it from around himself over Charlotte's shoulders. Alexander took care of warming her the first time, it was the least he could do to help out.

Looking over the side into the shining black surface of the water he wondered what was lurking under the surface. Were the water denizens asleep for the evening? Tucked away behind rocks and plants underwater. Or were they swimming along, just under the dark surface, getting a look at the new students?

Resisting the temptation to reach into the, what was surely frigid, water, he began to mentally plan just how far away the docks were from the entrance.

Garden of Wisteria

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:47 pm

Lyra Wynne | 1st Year; ___________
User Image

~*~

'So it was just a variation of Moses...' Lyra thought, she felt a bit silly but didn't let it show. She nodded in response and said, with her accent stronger than it was before. "So you're of Jewish decent?" She mentally face-palmed herself, perhaps, that too was another silly question.

'Oh well...' she thought. She rested her hands on her shoulders before fossicking through her robe pockets for the candy that she saved from her cut lunch.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:37 pm
Tyler Dean

First Year ---------

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Tyler heard someone shout. He looked over at the girl who had. He got up. "Might as well" he stepped back on the dock and walked over to the boat the girl called from "Are you sure?" he said

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:37 pm
Moshe Yitzchaki
User Image

Moshe shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah I'm Jewish, what of it?" He didn't mean to sound rude but could tell that he did. The tone of his voice gave away his feelings. He was annoyed, at himself mainly. He wanted this to be over with already. He didn't want to think about magic. But right now that wasn't going to happen. Sighing Moshe said in a less agitated tone. "And what about you? Are you magic or..." He had no idea what the right word was. Normal wouldn't work, if they were normal then they would not be here. So what was the right word to use?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:47 pm

User Image

User Image
Charlotte ❖ Victus ❖ Claremont❖
User Image

Charlotte smirked, but she was feeling the same restless need to get this over whole deal over and done. It was bad enough when they had been waiting on the train platform for folks to get off, but now. To see the castle, its arches, towers and lighted windows. It was maddening. At least I have conversation to distract me from the maddening wait and the bitter cold off the lake. she thought as she tried image what other had to be feeling at this moment as they sat silently in they're boats. She shivered at the idea and the chill.

Looking over at Xander, about to reassure him that he should keep his jumper. She felt a weight settled on her shoulder, only to realize it was someone robes. Knowing only one person on this boat, outside of herself, had robes on. She turned towards Nott, with a raised eyebrow. "Thanks..." she said finally shifting it so it sat better on her shoulders. Looking behind them out towards where the other boat bobbed behind them, then to the side as others bobbed along side them. Trying to fight the wave of boredom, she said, "We should talk about something...maybe someone look in the newspaper and see if they have any other stories."

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

Mellow Magpie

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:02 pm
User Image
User Image

"Of course I am, Please have a seat." Ryn motioned as she spoke. "I am Aerynn but some people call me Ryn, either works." Ryn added with a smile. Now that the boy was closer, Ryn noticed that he was quite attractive. She quickly ran her fingers through her hair, hoping the wind didn't make it look to crazy. "And this is Kaera my cousin." She said not wanting to be rude. "What is your name"

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:14 pm
Tyler Dean

First Year ---------

User Image

Tyler stepped in the boat "I'm Tyler" he sat down. "I think I'll go with Ryn if that's ok" he smiled "How long till we get to the castle. I don't want to sit out here forever"

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Stargazing Sketcher

Loyal Bard

13,675 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:18 pm
User Image
~Taylor Greene~
~First Year~

Taylor walked up to Ryn's Boat. "Is there any room left in this boat? I mean, I'd rather go in a boat alone, but the Boat person probably wouldn't let me."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:21 pm
User Image

Alexander Greyson

The newspaper. That reminded him. He had thought it was weird that when Charlotte read the article to them, Nott and her had exchanged a glance like they knew something. He hadn't brought the look up, but it was making him curious. Did they know something about the string of magical antiques making their way into muggle hands? He didn't want to be annoying and ask them if it wasn't something they were comfortable sharing.

"Yeah, are there any other good articles in there?" He said, while trying to think of other topics of conversation to keep them occupied.

"Oh, what are your wands made of? They say that a person's wand can tell you a lot about the owner. Mine's Hazel and Hippogriff Talon, about twelve and a half inches. It's supposed to be a strong wand, and good for Charms casting and Transfiguration. But it gets kind of moody if I don't keep it polished and in good care." He said, patting his left hip pocket.

Mexican Donuts

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:42 pm

Lyra Wynne | 1st Year; ___________
User Image

~*~

Lyra mentally kicked herself, he seemed annoyed, perhaps even offended. She withdrew her hand from her pocket and stopped searching for her missing candy. She faced Moshe and said calmly. "I just wanted to know. I'm an Ozzie, myself." Moshe asked her a question, his voice seemed less agitated. She let out a sigh of relief.

"Is the word you're looking for 'muggleborn'?" Lyra cocked her head to the side slightly puzzled at the boy's wording. Moshe didn't say half-blood, muggle-born or pure-blood like a normal witch or wizard would say, no Moshe said 'Magic', that was even proper grammar. Shouldn't it of been magical?

'Yeah, he's definitely a beginner.' she thought to herself. "I am a pure-blood. So yes I'm...magic" It was awkward to call herself 'magic'. Lyra's eyes locked onto his, she smiled. "If you want a better way to ask if someone if grew up with magic, word it like this; Did you grow up with magic? Much easier, no?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:44 pm
User ImageUser Image

Kaera smiled up at the boy as he sat down in the boat. "Nice to meet you, Tyler." She moved over to make room. "And no idea. It does seem like we've been sitting here awhile, doesn't it? I suppose we're just waiting on everyone to get in a boat so we don't end up leaving anyone behind. So are you excited?"

Just then another girl walked up and asked, "Is there any room left in this boat? I mean, I'd rather go in a boat alone, but the Boat person probably wouldn't let me." Kaera nodded, saying "Of course! The more the merrier." It seemed making friends here would be much easier than she imagined.

User Image  

Rechosia

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:51 pm

User Image

User Image
Charlotte ❖ Victus ❖ Claremont❖
User Image

Charlotte decide to leave Nott's the newspaper. She wasn't interested in finding a new article, but if it could keep the conversation going. Then she was willing to scan it, if Nott's couldn't find anything. Though I should stay way from the sports sections, she thought as she remember the bet. Silly fans.

Sighing, she reached inside her inner pocket to gentle pull the tip of the handle out. She didn't pull it all the way out, but just enough see the fine spiral carving. Elegant and refined, her father had called it, while the words were nice. They often made her wonder if 'elegant' and 'refrained' were good words for a wand. Ignoring the small voiced that whispered that they probably were and that her wand was a dud, she said, "I have a springy Birch wood"

Pushing it back into her inner pocket of her robe, then pulling Nott's robe further on she continued, "it has a Jobberknoll feather core...which according to the book Wand cores and More, a young wandmakers guide. Is a core that grows with the experience of its owner, excellent for charms, cooking spells, and transfiguration. Plus great at organization."

As the word transfiguration left her mouth, she remember the everlasting rose that was tucked neatly into her journal. She hadn't told Nott she had kept it, fearing that his ego would grow so large it would swallow her and her rose whole with all his gloating. However the never beauty of it had been too much for her to let it go, so she had kept it. Though I'd hang myself before I would admit to that, she thought.

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:56 pm
Tyler Dean

First Year ---------

User Image

Tyler looked up at a new girl who asked to join them. He smiled and moved over allowing her more room "So what house do you want to be in?" he asked "I want to be Gryffindor. My Mum and Dad were both in it, and I want to be in it to"

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games