Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Empty Classrooms Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:35 pm
User Image
xDavid Sinclair Averyxxxxx
xxxx <7th Year>
Time: 2029-2030
Dressed: In his Uniform

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

David nodded grimly when Mira mentioned the summer, or at least the bad of the summer, which was obvious with his mum dying, but that wasn't what she was talking about, when she mentioned the wedding David looked a bit surprised until she mentioned it was more about Timothy. "Oh," He breathed when she said that, a sigh of relief as he waited for her to go on.

David frowned as he considered a good way to phrase his answer about what the Averys would think and he said, "To say the very least they wouldn't exactly be impressed with it. I mean it isn't like they'd murder or torture or do anything awful to anyone publicly. As for being friends with the Ryans kid... did Wendy ever say you couldn't be friends with him? Leo has a person or two she talks to or is friends with that I would love to see get hit by a bus, but that doesn't mean she can't be friends with them. I'm sure she knows my opinion of that too. Couldn't the same be said for Wendy or even Timothy?"

"Whatever relationship you have with the Ryans kid is really more your choice than what Wendy or anyone else thinks," David answered. "What brought this about?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:03 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Empty Classroom

Mira listened to David knowing he was probably putting it in better terms then it really was. Either way she had already figured they would be impressed. She just needed to hear it from someone else that wasn’t particularly Wendy. “I figured that much.” She said before shaking her head. “No, she’s never said I couldn’t but we’ve never really talked about it. We usually just talk about how annoying he is or if someone’s tried to kill him yet.” She explained. A part of Mira didn’t really care all that much for Benjamin but the more she hung out with him, a part of her actually considered him a friend.

“You have a point I suppose…” she thought thinking on it. Wendy should tell her who she could or couldn’t be friends with. “It’s just she’s got these daggers for eyes whenever Benjamin decides to hang around me. Sure I can act like I can’t stand him but truth is it’s still just an act. I just don’t want it coming between me and her. At the end of the day she’s still a friend.” Mira considered the redheaded girl to be one of her closest friends and she didn’t want to lose that or her trust for that matter.

“Wendy... at the beginning of the year, she advised me to skip out on a date to the wedding. She said, it wouldn’t be wise to get Leo’s future in-laws asking questions about who I associate with...” Mira explained when David asked what brought all this up. “To top it all off, she told me not to flaunt anything… as if I do that. That, it would put her in an unfavorable situation as it’s her job to make sure no one embarrasses the ‘family’.” She told him before standing again. “Leo told me after she came back from meeting your grandparents that I’m in good standing. Nothing bad has been said about me and I’d like to keep it that way. It’s the least I can do for you and Leo…” Mira added muttering to herself by the end of it.

User Image

With: David

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:39 am
User Image
xxxx <7th Year>

"No offense Mira, but shouldn't you ask Wendy herself on what her opinion is about things? She isn't exactly one to show or make obvious what she does or doesn't think," David sighed. "I don't think her having her own opinion is exactly encouraged, but I'm sure she has one... what it is... well just because we are related-and we really aren't that closely related by blood or marriage to be honest-doesn't mean I automatically know her that well. You're her friend, right? Just ask her."

He sat down at one of the chairs, finally, figuring that this would take a while and then his eyes narrowed as Mira went on to say that Wendy had advised her not to bring a date and exactly her wording. It was harsh to say the least but true. And then there was the fact that Mira was worried about making things easier for him and Leo, at which he half snorted. He rolled his eyes and said, "Well Wendy is sort of right... not about the date thing, you could easily lie or even play it down if someone did bother to ask, but about her position in the family and the views of the family. As for Leo and myself, don't worry about it. Do whatever you want to do. I like Timmy. And, Tanya is on the guest list, I'm sure... I really do need to start discussing that more with Leo, but Tanya will be, no doubt..."

David gave Mira his attempt at a reassuring smile and said, "Does that answer your questions? Or at least make you feel better? If you want to bring a date, bring a date. I mean you'll be my sister, and I like you a whole lot better than most of my blood relations who might raise a brow at who you decide to bring."

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:44 pm
User Image
User Image

Maybe David was right. Maybe she should just straight up ask Wendy her thoughts. However, that would mean she'd have to admit that she saw Benjamin as more than just an annoying house and teammate. Mira momentarily shook her head. “If I did that then I'd be telling her I don't mind being around Benjamin.” She replied before realizing how stupid she was being. Wendy wasn't the unreasonable try at least she didn't imagine she was. “But... maybe you're right. I am her friend and she does have an opinion granted whether she wants to give it is another story.” She added knowing that even if Wendy had her own opinion it would be hard to get it. After all, Mira knew she was bothered at least just a little by the arrangement with Evander even if she wouldn't admit it.

Mira frowned as she heard David say Wendy was right. Granted she was semi relieved to hear it wasn't about the date.
“I get that... and I suppose worrying won't do me any good. Though I have to admit usually people tell me I need to be more concerned about others.” she said with a small sigh. “I kind of wish people would make up their minds...” she added pushing the thought aside.

“David, of all the people out there I do value your opinion. As such I appreciate your approval of Timothy and I, just tell me my choice in boyfriend isn't going to get me disowned anytime soon.” Mira told him. That was really the only thing she was overly concerned about. Though something told her David would never let that happen, like he said he liked her better than most of his blood relatives.

“As for whether you helped... yeah, you did. I guess hearing you tell me not to worry is different than hearing it from Leo. Honestly I figured she was just pushing it off for less than it is. Not that I'm saying I don't believe you two are trying not to worry me.” She said shaking her head. “Speaking of Leo, I'm happy you two are getting married. I mean I would have liked it better if you told me but that's a me problem not a you problem. So regardless I'm glad you're going to be my brother for all intensive purposes.” Mira mentioned with a small smile. Honestly how could she not be, David understood her and that was a feet all its own.

User Image

OOC: Sorry for the delay I've been busy for the last two weeks.

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:01 am
User Image
xxxx <7th Year>

David raised a brow as Mira voiced her concerns about admitting to Wendy that she didn't exactly mind Benjamin's company and then she went on to agree with him about Wendy having her opinion to which David nodded with a small shrug. About the matter of her giving it David shook his head and said, "Like I said she's never been encouraged to have her own opinion. Honestly, it is more likely you'd catch her off guard by asking then anything. Who knows, maybe you'll surprise her into saying something helpful for you? And considering it has taken you this long to even voice interest in being particularly friendly with the Ryans kid, and he is your boyfriend's best friend, I figure it is fair to say he merely grew on you."

He fell silent as he listened to Mira go on, first about her confusion on whether she should or shouldn't worry about others and then the question-or more so voiced hope-of whether she would be disowned for her choice in boyfriend sometime soon. David bit his lip for a moment and then said, "As for me telling you not to be concerned about others, I wouldn't know if that is the best advice. I'm not exactly popular and I tend to make it a habit not to care much about others' opinions... and the other matter..."

He sighed and then fixed his gaze on Mira and said somewhat grimly, with a hint of bitterness in his tone, "I'm not going to lie to you. But, honestly, I don't think it is very productive to ask questions if you know you won't like the answer. What do you honestly think the answer to that is?" He shook his head, "Besides, if you do get disowned, consider it lucking out, I've spent years trying to, very unsuccessfully, get myself disowned..."

He let out a long sigh and looked back to Mira as she thanked him for telling her not to wonder, and he wondered if it would end up his avoidance of a direct answer regarding being disowned or not would just make Mira feel worse. David gave half a smile when Mira said she thought her sister was making things more minor than it was. "Well, Leo does have a habit of acting if problems are far less serious than they actually are. It makes a good balance to me, though, who constantly worries about everything... big or small." He stood and listened as Mira spoke of the marriage and her dislike of not being given a forewarning but going on that it was her problem and not his. Shaking his head for a moment he answered, "Honestly, I assumed you would have figured as much, especially with Wendy's engagement. It isn't like I-or my family-are much the type to put things off. Or did Wendy not mention it? She might have been doing a courtesy to Evander for all I know. Wendy was told by owl last year before the holidays I believe, but if Evander didn't know she might have out of respect to his parents let him wait to be told directly by them. I still thought she might have mentioned it to you..." He shrugged, "No, sorry, I didn't mean to upset you about the proposal. Did you want to help pick out engagement rings or something? Think of a bit more of a romantic and less antiquated way of going about it?" He gave a small smile to Mira, "So, what can I do to for you to get over the fact I so heartlessly forgot about you in my planning?"

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:15 pm
User Image
User Image

“Yeah maybe…” Mira agreed falling silent as she thought about why she didn’t mind Benjamin. “And yes he definitely grew on me.” She added figuring that had to be it. Perhaps she’d get lucky talking to Wendy or she could make things worse. She was probably better off trying to be honest to her only female friend then trying to hide her real feelings. “Well last time I checked we’re surprisingly similar.” She said just as the conversation turned to her future disownment. Of course she just had to ask… She knew she wasn’t going to like the answer. Despite not being a mind readier she did pay attention.

Taking a deep breath Mira met David’s gaze. Man did she wish he didn’t have that look like he was about to drop the worst news on her. Then just when she thought his gaze was bad his tone of voice just made it even worse.
“I might not like the answer but sometimes you need to hear the answers to questions you might not exactly like or want to hear.” She commented almost as grimly. “As for what I think the answer is… I’m pretty sure with my luck the answer is a yes.” She answered David before tearing her gaze from his in order to look down at the floor. “And I don’t consider that lucking out. I don’t even consider that luck. Besides if that ever happened…” she said stopping before she went too far.

‘Leo wouldn’t let you hear the end of it…’ Mira finished her point silently to herself as she continued looking at the floor. Honestly she didn’t know if her sister would really go at David for it. Although something told her she would. Granted, Mira never wanted to become between the two of them. Though at the end of the day her only fear was losing her sister and being disowned would only make that come true.

“Yeah well from what I heard she’s also the type to probably sign a contract without reading the fine print.” Mira commented about her sister being more relaxed then him. Oddly enough she actually quote what he said back when Leonette agreed to date David in the first place. She didn’t even care about what his conditions were in the first place until after she’d said yes. “Aside from all that, Wendy actually didn’t say a word. She didn’t even say anything to Evander, so fairs fair I guess.” She told him. It was certainly a shock at the beginning of the year but now she’d come to accept nothing had been said. “It’s fine.” Mira replied shaking her head at David’s apology. Although she had to admit hearing him say sorry was nice. “And it’s nothing like that. I’ll admit the ring is nice and you probably could have at least taken the girl out to dinner or something.” She added admittedly as she smiled slightly. “As for what you could do for me…” she went on, her smile growing. “You could let me come visit during the holidays and maybe help me study for my OWLs so I don’t have to rely on my boyfriend.”

User Image

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:49 am
User Image _______________________________________

User Image

User Image

”Right, okay, let's see,” Tristan prepared himself with a groan, crossed both arms over his chest and narrowed eyes to slits as he examined his work station. An old, ink stained desk had been pushed up against an open window which boasted his collapsible cauldron, his wand, potions textbook, brass scales, pestle and mortar, and an assortment of potions ingredients' contained in color tinted jars and vials. ”Lethe river water, ********, okay, where did I put that? I just had it, you ******** wanker, where are you?” He shuffled through his ingredients, swiveling the bottles to read their label, plucking up jars and discarded them at random. ”Ha, you cheeky devil, found you... Right, well.... s**t. Two drops? Hrmmm...” Tristan growled in contemplation. Should he race back to his dorm and find the dropper? Or uncork the vial and pray to Merlin only two drops slip out? Let's hope Merlin's in a decent enough mood, shall we? Inching his face closer and closer to the cauldron, he tipped the glass over with painstaking effort to only plop two single drops into his cauldron. Which, he noticed, seemed fatter than normal droplets—or was it?—Shouldn't make too much of a difference though...Right? [OOC: ]

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
                                          LOCATION:: Empty Classroom】 【COMPANY:: valerian sprigs】 【ATTIRE:: house robes】 【STATS:: Slytherin, 5'1", 106lbs

stitchkin babe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:36 pm
                          User Image
                          Essy ze Ninja

【 LOCATION 】 empty classroom x 【 MOOD 】 curious x 【 COMPANY 】 tristan x 【 CLOTHING 】 uniform

The Ravenclaw common room had been boring – she had absolutely no idea where her sister was off to…well, she was almost positive that she did, but she really didn’t feel like walking in on one of her and her boyfriend’s snogging sessions, or whatever they did. She hadn’t made too many friends in her own house, either. Just Alice, and she was usually out with upperclassmen or she was hiding away in some corner – Sybil simply didn’t have the energy to go search for her. So, instead of mulling around the common room, people-watching, Sybil decided to grab her things and head for a certain empty classroom. She wandered a while before making it to the door she was initially headed to, raising an eyebrow as she went up to it. From somewhere inside that room came a familiar voice crying out some choice words before she popped her head in. She stared at Tristan’s back for a while, waiting as he sorted out what she believed to be valerian sprigs. She stood there, waiting for Tristan to maybe notice her, but the moment never came and Sybil stood at the door for a little while longer before breaking the silence.Such a filthy mouth for a twelve year old… She commented, taking a step into the room. She stared blankly at him through a slight shroud of dark hair. Her eyebrow was still raised curiously, making her way toward the rear of the room where Tristan stood. She was careful not to step on any sprigs she noticed.What in the world are you doing anyway? She asked. Well, the way she said it didn’t really make the impression she was posing a question, but she’d meant it as such. She stood on her tip-toes trying to peer into the boy’s cauldron, but couldn’t seem to get high enough to see anything. Either that, or whatever the contents were, were the same colour as the cauldron itself.Well it seems you haven’t blown your face off yet. I imagine that’s a step up.

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:44 am

User Image

User Image

”Oh ******** bullocky s**t,” Tristan jumped, practically dropped his jar of sprigs and fumbled in a half-bounce, half-spastic juggle of ********. ”Bloody hell Sybil,” he huffed out a sharp breath of air, exasperated features following her fluid dance between paired sprigs to tiptoe over his cauldron. ”'Ow long have you been standin' there? Watchin' me?!” Bushy brows burrowed into a frown as he discarded the mostly empty bottle on the desk, and marveled at how he hadn't caught a whiff of her scented hair, or even the steady whisper of her hovering breaths. Hair on the back of his neck had been raised, he realized, hyper aware of the cold breeze tickling his skin. ”I'm....” Tristan paused and lowered his gazed; just what the hell was he doing? Playing? Making conceptual art? ”Procrastinating...” the answer seemed to hit him all at once. With shrunken shoulders, Tristan sighed as he admitted, ”There's nothing in the cauldron—at least not anymore, probably. I started with the Lithe river water and then I got...err...distracted...” Shamefully veering to look away, he mustered a small enough smile to be hidden in his shadows. ”What can I say? I'm not very well trained; but I learn quickly...” Voice trailing off into the distance, Tristan nudged a few sprigs around with his shoe to pile them together in a heap and collect all at once in a handful to dump back in his jar.

[OOC: ]

LOCATION:: Empty Classroom】 【COMPANY:: valerian sprigs】 【ATTIRE:: house robes】 【STATS:: Slytherin, 5'1", 106lbs

stitchkin babe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:46 pm
                          User Image
                          Essy ze Ninja

【 LOCATION 】 empty classroom x 【 MOOD 】 curious x 【 COMPANY 】 tristan x 【 CLOTHING 】 uniform

Sybil moved another desk beside the one Tristan had set out, and sat atop her own with a gentle thud. The way he spastically attempted juggling the sprigs and gar was amusing, almost enough to make her smile, but she held it back, watching over him curiously.Language, Mr. Hastings, you’re in the presence of a lady, She started sarcastically, crossing her legs.And, when exactly did you start talking about something being a ‘cheeky devil’? Sybil asked, tilting her head at an odd angle.Don’t worry, you didn’t do anything embarrassing during that time…unless you count…well, this. She said, motioning to the sprigs set about the room. She pushed herself off the desk and kneeled down to help pick them up.I get the whole procrastination thing, but why’d you set all your sprigs out like this? She asked, collecting each one carefully. After she’d collected all the sprigs that lay on the floor near her, she held them out, handing them over to Tristan.And what were you trying to brew? Lethe water…valerian sprigs… Were you attempting a Forgetfulness potion? She asked, eyebrow cocked once more. She remembered brewing it the previous year, it was the first potion they’d ever brewed…was he really this awful at Potions that he couldn’t even brew a Forgetfulness potion?Would you like to start over? She asked.

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:16 am

User Image

User Image

Tristan snorted as he finally settled the jar safely in his left hand, eyes fluttering into a roll as he matter-of-factly dropped, ”Pfffft, you're not a lady, you're just a girl.” Waving off her next comment, he tried not to drop his head back and groan but it was impossible; Merlin and Circe, of course she couldn't just see him talking to himself, oh no; let's get a front row seat of the nutter cursing out his potion ingredients, just lovely. ”Obviously, way too long ago.” Tristan quipped back unabashedly and ruffled the back of his head with his free hand. ”Maybe you don't think it's embarrassing,” he snorted, obviously uncomfortable, but was chuckling through it. The single fact that she snuck up on him would be embarrassing enough to any werewolf, but that he was caught red handed in—whatever scandal this was—was much worse.

”I....” he shrugged, avoiding her gaze as he shoved handfuls of sprigs into its container. ”I dunno, they just... they weren't the same size.” He blurted, extending the jar to collect her assistance before closing the lid and tightening it. ”They should be the same size. That should make a difference. This is potions. This is exact. Right? If cooking is an art, and baking is a science, then what does that makes potions?” Rambling on incredulously, it wasn't like Tristan really cared about the size or the consistency dammit, he just didn't want to botch it all up again. Which was much easier to do when you're not actually brewing. ”I was... yeah...” He wished he could explain that, 'no, I'm not as ruddy terrible or pathetic as I look, I swear!” but that would somehow require explaining why he hopes to perfect this particular potion and why he insists on storing the concoction instead of just throwing it away and “starting over”—y'know, like normal. ”Can we?” He asked rather tentatively, as if she might say no. But she wouldn't have gone all this way to see him just to say no, right? That'd be... rather cruel. Sybil was a little less than lackluster in her emotions, really (though Tristan rather preferred it that way,) but even so, he'd never picture her to be that ruthless.

LOCATION:: Empty Classroom】 【COMPANY:: Sybil】 【ATTIRE:: house robes】 【STATS:: Slytherin, 5'1", 106lbs

stitchkin babe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:14 pm
                          User Image
                          Essy ze Ninja

Sybil rolled her eyes at the boy’s comment, hopping back onto her desk.Oh, aren’t you just the charmer, eh? She said, leaning back a bit against the wall. She cocked an eyebrow slightly at Tristan’s groaning and obvious embarrassment.’s only odd if you expected the ingredients and cauldron to reply, you know. I do hope you didn’t expect that. May have to take you to Professor Brighton. Of course, if anything, they’d cart you off to St. Mungo’s. Maybe it’s too many fumes from the potions? She continued, tilting her head at a strange angle. She shook her head a moment, as if shaking away the thoughts.Either way, I do believe it’s perfectly normal to talk to inanimate objects. I’m sure most people do it all the time. Looks a little strange, but doesn’t make you any less normal. Unless, like I said, you’re expecting it to answer. She shrugged, blinking a few times. Maybe Sybil wasn’t the best person to talk to about what was considered ‘normal’, but she’d never found talking to things strange. As far as she knew, everyone did it at least once in their life.

They don’t have to be the same size, Tristan… Sybil said, shaking her head.Despite what some would lead you to believe, potions doesn’t always have to be exact, exact. And in regards to cooking and baking, have you ever looked at a recipe? Usually they’ll read a ‘dash’ or a ‘pinch’. Well, what’s a ‘dash’ to me may be what a ‘pinch’ is to you. Cooking and baking are not exact whatsoever, trust me. She pointed out. Sybil rather liked cooking, and rarely did she really have to pay attention to measurements. It was rare that they were exact, and by now Sybil knew just how much tasted good, whether or not it was what the recipe said or not.Potions is probably the only one that has to be close to ‘exact’ as the other to. But just because you have two different sized sprigs, ‘s not going to do much. ‘Ell, the instructions even say a ‘pinch’ of crushed mistletoe berries. She shrugged.And yes, we can. She gave the boy what seemed to be a sincere smile, pushing her hair back. She wasn’t going to be an arse about it, and didn’t come here expecting to just fake him out. Plus, with his actions in Potions earlier, Sybil knew he was desperate…although she still wasn’t quite sure why. She watched him carefully for a moment after dropping her smile. She’d decided earlier that she wasn’t going to ask, but she’d hold back her curiosity for a moment. If he wanted to tell me, he would’ve already. She told herself, beginning to search his table. After a moment her eyebrows furrowed.Where’s your dropper? She asked, carefully picking up the bottle of Lethe water.

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:49 pm

User Image

User Image

”Charmer,” the word seemed to amuse him, ”Is that what you want? A charmer?” Somehow, Tristan didn't believe that, or maybe he just didn't want too. He'd long since come to terms with his fate; he was the beast, not the prince, and he'd never have that happily ever after—so why pretend? ”I don't see why that would make me loony in a world of hopping pots and unicorns; I could have a talking cauldron thank you very much.” Veering away to hide his smile and pick at the cracked splinters of his desk, dark eyes flashed up from below his bushy brows and shrugged as he nonchalantly slipped in a, ”I always did hate the fumes,” and wrinkled his nose.

”You say that now,” he mumbled bitterly under his breath, apparently too weak-willed to hide that long boiling resentment as she tried to ease him into reality. But he shook his head quickly and cleared his throat, hoping to catch himself before she noticed and nodded along with her explanation. Logically, it was clear to him that he was blowing this whole bloody thing out of proportion, but the emotional side of him was too frustrated to think straight. ”Righ', okay, yeah, guess all those rubbish horror stories of 'potioneering gone wrong' just got me a bit mental, is all,” Tristan shrugged off his robes, folded then draped the fabric over the edge of a shoddy wooden chair. ”Honestly? No, I've never really baked or cooked... does grilling count?” Somehow, he didn't think so, considering all he's ever had to do was toss the meat on the pit and keep it from burning. ”Righ' then, just two—and no procrastinating,” he said, more to himself than her. Mirroring her smile with a toothy one of his own, he rolled up the sleeves of his white buttoned shirt and flashed a scarred arm across the table to arrange the bottles from his assorted collection in a neat row, and it wasn't until he darted a finger across his potions textbook that he noticed (and remembered) the ugly, jagged splotches of pink velvet, tanned leather, and white brocade, slashed in varying lengths, widths, and angles across his forearms like a patterned quilt. Immediately shrugging his sleeves back down to his wrist, he acted as though nothing had even happened and yet, still managed to stutter, ”D-Dropper? I, uuuuhhhh...” his voice trailed off slowly. ”I-er- forgot it... in my dorm, actually...didn't figure that one out 'til right around 'cheeky devil.'

"I swear I'm not usually this mental.”

LOCATION:: Empty Classroom】 【COMPANY:: Sybil】 【ATTIRE:: house robes】 【STATS:: Slytherin, 5'1", 106lbs

stitchkin babe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:46 am
                          User Image
                          Essy ze Ninja

Sybil thought about it for a moment, then shrugged.Dunno. Expected a little more from you, Hastings. She stared at him blankly, but the slight edge in her voice gave way that she was joking.Of course, don’t all girls expect more from a boy? She asked, beginning to search through her bag for something that wasn’t there. She was probably just occupying her time, but couldn’t quite tell. Once she heard Tristan’s retort, Sybil looked at him thoughtfully.I s’ppose you’re right. She offered, shrugging slightly.However, if the valerian sprigs begin to reply, you may need some help up there. She gently tapped her temple before dropping her hand back down to her bag.

Sybil shook her head. Everyone tended to let those ‘potioneering-gone-wrong’ stories go to their head, but Sybil thought, as long as she was abiding by the ingredients and not overthinking it, she was going to be fine. Tristan, on the other hand, seemed a little more than frantic about getting exact measurements. She wouldn’t have thought he’d be so dead-set on exact amounts, but then again she didn’t really know him that well, did she? This was only the second time Sybil spent time around Tristan while not in class.If you have to ask if it counts, it probably doesn’t. She commented. Sybil set her bag on her own desk, then pulled off her sweater vest and rolled her sleeves up to her elbows. As she did so, she noticed Tristan’s arm. She tried to avert her eyes, but only managed to catch Tristan’s eyes for a moment, and she wasn’t sure whether or not he caught her curious glance. She wasn’t going to probe him about the marks. She had enough experience with her sister to know that it probably wasn’t good to flat-out question him about it.

With the thought of Tristan’s scars set in a file in the back of her mind, Sybil continued rolling up her other sleeve. She looked up at Tristan dumbly.Are you serious? She sighed.Ya’know, on this sort of measurement, Sybil went on, rummaging through her bag.You do have to be exact. Here. She handed over her dropper to the boy.Now, add two drops of that. She said, pushing over the vial of Lethe river water as she grabbed Tristan’s jar of valerian sprigs.Ya’know, I wouldn’t have thought you were such a perfectionist about potioneering. So, I mean, I now I wouldn’t be too surprised if you’re lying and you usually are this mental. Here. She pulled two out and set them by his cauldron, looking up to the recipe a moment before hopping back onto her desk once more.

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:09 pm

User Image

User Image

”Oh ho ho,” he huffed haughtily, ”So the young Vance can show emotion, if even just a smidge,” Tristan could barely contain his mirth behind a leisurely smile that was quite contrary to the toothy grin held at bay, yet threatening to breech the surface all the same. ”So what should a boy expect from a girl then?—besides falling short of expectations, of course.” Somehow, her emotional skepticism seemed to amuse him, especially the challenge it offered. While she was digging through her belongings, Tristan leaned his weight sideways against the desk and crossed both arms across his chest. ”Yeah, you're probably right...” Tristan's voice fluttered like leaves in the wind, scattered now as remnants forever beset against time and memory. ”But to be fair, I could probably already use a trip to the loony bin—but lets keep that hushed, yeah? I don't much care for them straight jackets.” Shivering theatrically, he rubbed each hand up and down the sleeves of his arm for effect. If Tristan didn't know himself better, he'd swear he was doing everything in his power to avoid having to work—even if it meant instigating Sybil with the thought provoking ramblings of a Slytherin—which he was, of course, and had every burning desire to continue doing so but instead, Tristan hardened his brow to a stern line and willed himself to focus.

In an effort to be proactive and dutiful to his studies (and not waste Sybil's time,) he plucked his wand from the back pocket of his breeches and cast a quick scouring charm inside his cauldron. Sweeping a sideways glance, Tristan shrugged his shoulders and chuckled as he quipped back, ”Well, I had to try.” Now settling into a studious mode—or close enough anyways—Tristan was suddenly caught with a gut sucker punch as their eyes crossed and he shoved his sleeves back down. Momentary panic had plunged in the pit of his belly like quicksand, the worse he fought the worse it dragged him down. Lying wasn't an option, however, and as much as he considered avoiding the topic altogether, he hated the impression that gave; that he was somehow ashamed, or embarrassed, but he wasn't. ”Got attacked camping a few years back,” he mumbled, and in some ways, it was the truth, ”It's no big deal, really.” Torn between divulging more and switching topics, a part of him couldn't help but feel that, she wouldn't care, if he told her the truth.

Luckily, Sybil had nudged the conversation along which had solicited a nervous glance from Tristan furtively darting back and forth until he hung his head at an awkward angle and grinned. ”Yeeeeaaaaaah...” he drawled on, batting his lashes as innocently as possible and mumbled a sheepish, ”I knooooow,” and for a moment, he felt like a kid again, blissfully innocent. Rising his gaze to the glass and rubber dropper, he found he was grinning but wasn't quite sure why as he muttered a quick, ”Thank you.” Nodding along with her instructions, Tristan unstoppered the vial of Lethe river water, took a subtle whiff and wriggled his nose, but carried along easily enough as he plopped two fat drops into his collapsible cauldron then made a sour face at her comment. ”I don't lie,” displeasure tainted his tongue and it made his mouth twinge—because that was a lie, wasn't it? ”I mean I never mean to lie,” he reiterated quickly, trying to explain himself. ”I mean... mental people don't know they're mental, right?” Brows knitted into a frown, he felt like he was fighting an uphill battle, and even when he tried to distract himself by tossing in the sprigs Sybil had lain out for him, he couldn't help but feel like he'd just ruined everything. ”...Right, maybe I am mental... Sorry.”

stitchkin babe

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces