Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:50 am
User ImageUser Image
[Wearing:I may dress a bit girlier now but it doesn't mean I am not ready for what this club has to offer still]

Oh Leo and Victor know each other...

Ronna looked over at David who said all it would take was for Shayna to show to have a complete set. "Shayna, is that the mysterious girlfriend?" Ronna teased with a raised brow, before crossing her arms. She had never actually met David's girlfriend. She really didn't care one way or another-if they were happy then it was great. And it would make sense, Ronna was pretty sure she heard mention somewhere David's girlfriend was a Ravenclaw.

"I actually invited Crash to come last year but he didn't show up and I really doubt he'd show up this year all things considering and I wouldn't blame him," She said glancing down at her nails, which were cut short and rounded like usual. "It's kind of a shame, though, because this is good practical practice even if you don't plan to do dueling competitively or anything combative in the future. I mean practicing spells can't hurt your grade and since we are sort of limited where we are allowed to use magic in the castle and we can't at home..."

She trailed off and ended with a shrug. "Anyways, good to see you and Leo, and Victor too, though I didn't know Victor and Leo knew each other." Brightening she said, "Well, I hope there is a good turnout this year."

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:59 pm
Holy water cannot help you now
A thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money, I don't want your crown
See, I've come to burn your kingdom down
And no rivers and no lakes can put the fire out
I'm gonna raise the stakes, I'm gonna smoke you out

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED

PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SEVENTH YEAR PREFECT AND HEAD GIRL
BRITISH YOUTH REPRESENTATIVE TO THE WIZENGAMOT
User Image
Seven devils all around you: Neutral | Seven devils in your house: My last year of dueling... | See, you were dead when you woke up this morning: Club Members | And you'll be dead before the day is done: Dueling Club

Marina smiled as a group emerged. Victor, David, his younger cousin, and Ronna. A small crowd for right now but she didn't. Better too few than too many to keep control of. "Hey, welcome back everyone. And welcome, Leo, right?" She glanced at David. "Can I have a word with you for a moment, David? It's nothing bad, I promise," she assured him. She could come off as a bit... grim, sometimes. She gestured him off to the side, away from small ears. It didn't really matter if anyone overheard them, but he might not want her to be saying it in front of everyone else. "David, how would you feel about taking over Dueling Club next year?" she asked him quietly. "I'll be graduated, and I need someone I can trust to put in charge of this club. Belle gave it to me, and I'd like to give it to you." The redhead hoped he said yes, because he was really the only person she'd thought of entrusting the club to.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

((IF YOU WANT YOUR CHARACTER TO JOIN PM ESSY ZE NINJA- CHECK THE FIRST PAGE, GUYS. ONLY SECOND YEARS AND ABOVE ARE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.))

murruelecrueset

Squeeky Luff

mc2

And now all your love will be exorcised
And we will find your sayings to be paradox
And it's an even sum, it's a melody
It's a battle cry, it's a symphony
They can keep me out, 'til I tear the walls
'Til I take your heart, and I take your soul
For what has been done, cannot be undone
In the evil's heart, in the evil's soul

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:14 am
Leonette Rosalia Mitchell
Gryffindor Second Year
Reserve Chaser

David Clarisse
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Reserve Seeker ~ Dating Shayna

User ImageUser Image Location: Dueling Club

“She might be.” David said with a smile. He knew the whole school knew you couldn’t hide anything at Hogwarts. “I’ll admit dueling isn’t for everyone but it is good practice helped me despite not really needing it.” He agreed. David didn’t really know the two knew each other either then again he didn’t exactly know Victor himself all that well, mostly through other friends. “Same.” He agreed.

Leonette looked over at Marina and gave a happy nod. “That’s right. Short for Leonette.” She said before Marina turned to David. “Yeah, sure Marina.” David said following her off to the side. “So what’s up?” he asked before she asked him if he wanted to run the dueling club. Him… for real…? “Me… I’d be happy to.” David said a little shocked. “I sure wasn’t expecting this but I promise the dueling club will be safe in my hands.”

Leonette

Wearing: Uniform
_________

David

_________

With: Each other... Dueling Club
OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:12 pm
A thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money, I don't want your crown
And no rivers and no lakes can put the fire out
I'm gonna raise the stakes, I'm gonna smoke you out

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED

PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SEVENTH YEAR PREFECT AND HEAD GIRL
BRITISH YOUTH REPRESENTATIVE TO THE WIZENGAMOT
User Image
Seven devils all around you: Neutral | Seven devils in your house: My last year of dueling... | See, you were dead when you woke up this morning: Club Members | And you'll be dead before the day is done: Dueling Club

Marina gave him a quick, grateful grin. "Thanks, David. That's a weight off my shoulders." One less thing she had to worry about. She looked around; no one else had showed up. Maybe it was because it was the first meeting of the year, and people were no doubt busy right now. She couldn't expect a full turn out every meeting, after all. She rejoined the group gathered. "Okay, guys! We're not going to do any duels today, we don't have enough people of around the same experience and skill to pair everyone up with an equal partner, so I'm going to do a lesson." She chuckled in a somewhat awkward fashion. Hopefully they didn't find this too dull. "I mean, an interactive lesson. I'm certainly not going to make you put your wands away." She stepped a bit away from the group. "Alright. I'm not too sure about trying to teach any of you very advanced spells, because I'm not a professor and learning stuff beyond your abilities can have really, really bad results. You do not want to mess with higher levels of magic you can't handle yet, trust me guys. But what are some spells you do know that would be useful in a duel? think outside the box! Yeah, stupefy and petrificus totalus are great, but people expect them and are ready for them. What are some that might catch you off guard?"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

((IF YOU WANT YOUR CHARACTER TO JOIN PM ESSY ZE NINJA- CHECK THE FIRST PAGE, GUYS. ONLY SECOND YEARS AND ABOVE ARE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.))

murruelecrueset

Squeeky Luff

mc2

And now all your love will be exorcised
And we will find your sayings to be paradox
And it's an even sum, it's a melody
It's a battle cry, it's a symphony
They can keep me out, 'til I tear the walls
'Til I take your heart, and I take your soul
For what has been done, cannot be undone
In the evil's heart, in the evil's soul

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:38 pm
User ImageUser Image
[Wearing:I may dress a bit girlier now but it doesn't mean I am not ready for what this club has to offer still]

Hmm... not much of a show this time.

Ronna crossed her arms, holding her wand as she listened to Marina and nodded as she said that there wasn't enough people to do practice dueling or enough people to partner up with similar experience. Really, only her Victor would be about on equal levels. She smiled, though, when Marina said there was going to be an interactive lesson: that might actually be as useful as a practice duel or two.

Listening to her question, Ronna smiled and suggested, "Well, there's charms that confuse the mind like confundus or the daydream charm... somnium tantillus, right? It could give you a temporary edge if you timed it right, perhaps. I mean it wouldn't win you a duel and it isn't particularly flashy... but charms aren't really thought about as an offensive maneuver, generally."

She shrugged, looking down at the ground, a bit embarrassed, hoping she didn't sound like an idiot.

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:03 am
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Second Year

Theo walked to the location where this club that he joined meets. It took him a time to realize that it was here and he was late. He couldn't wait to start trying to duel with someone. He wondered if it was hard, but he knew he was up for the challenge. Magic came very easy to him surprisingly and he was ready to use it in a more...offensive manner. He has been learning to protect himself in Defense Against the Dark Arts, and he also learned spells in Charms, but they were without real application such as dueling. He wanted to learn how to really use them, because one never just gets something put in front of him, willing to be completely burned by incendio.

He walked up to what seemed to be the...leader? of the club, if that was the right term for it. "Sorry I am late. Ran into some difficulties getting here," he said to the red head Slytherin, hoping she would fill him in on what he had missed, but wasn't really expecting that to happen.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

The Forgotten Weasley

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:24 pm
Gryffindor Second Year
Reserve Chaser

David Clarisse
Gryffindor Fifth Year
Reserve Seeker ~ Dating Shayna

“Don’t mention it.” David said as he headed back to the group. Leonette looked over at him but didn’t ask what it was about. She’d ask later maybe or hopefully David would just tell her. With not a lot of people they’d be doing an interactive lesson which was nice.

Leonette nodded at Ronna’s words. “Ronna’s right they can help to leave someone open for a more predictable offensive spell.” She said agreeing happily. David thought about it for a moment. ‘What’s good in a duel…?’ he thought. Thinking back to some of the duels in the past he had one thing in mind. “Um… one year I saw someone use the Scriboscipio spell to tie up their opponent and it’s usually used for writing so that’s pretty out there.” He added to the conversation.

“Or you can use the levitation spell to steal someone’s wand.” Leonette added after her cousin. She was right into this club. Dueling to her was so awesome. “Theo!” she cried turning her attention to her friend who had just showed up. “I’m glad came.” She said happily. It was true she loved having friends involved in clubs with her it made things more fun.

Leonette

_________

David

_________

With: Each other... Dueling Club
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:03 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

Darius came to the club he knew he was late and felt really bad about it. He just was not feeling up for much since Ver Dumped him. "Sorry I'm late... I've been really out of it lately..."

User Image

Xistund

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:55 pm
Gryffindor Third Year
Reserve Chaser

David Clarisse
Gryffindor Sixth Year ~ Prefect
Seeker ~ Dating Shayna

David walked out to the courtyard just below the clock tower. This was his first day as dueling club leader and already he was a tad nervous. He was taking over for some of the best he knew. Both Belle and Marina were great duelist and he didn’t know if he could compare. Hopefully he did okay for his first time running a club. Sure he could fly a broom but that didn’t mean he could run the dueling club.

Waiting for the members of his club David’s first arrival was his cousin Leonette. “Hey David ready to run the club?” she asked happily as she looked around for anybody else who might be coming. “Yeah I guess let’s hope I don’t make a fool of myself.” He answered her. “You won’t make a fool of yourself.” Leonette told him confidently. “What makes you so sure?” David asked not so sure. “You know what you’re doing.” She answered. Sure he did this was what he wanted to do for the rest of his life right…? Be an Auror if he couldn’t duel what good would he be as one? Well he’d soon find out…

Leonette

Wearing: Jeans and a Shirt
_________

David

Wearing: Jeans and a Shirt
_________

With: Each other
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:55 pm
User ImageUser ImageTook your advice and did the opposite
Just being young and stupid
I haven't been all that you could've hoped for
But if you'd held on a little longer
You'd have had more reasons to be proud...

Wearing: Shorts and a T-Shirt

Dueling club, this should be fun.

Veronica had been determined to keep herself busy this year. With doubling up on Ghoul and Ghost Studies, which she found she hated, not only because of its late time, but also because well, she wasn't sure what she was looking for when she decided to sign up for the class, but she wasn't finding it anything but extra work, and quidditch practices it wasn't that hard. Of course, she had no intention on giving up dueling club-it was a practical club that taught some useful skills, especially if she did end up following the path to becoming a witch watcher or hit wizard like she was considering, though now, since her father's death she added something in the legal field that wasn't 'on the streets' per-say to her seriously considering list.

Regardless, it was another thing to keep her that much busier and her mind off things. Walking to the court yard stretching she noted David and Leo were already there chatting. She smiled as she approached and said, "Hey, David. Leo. Just us so far?"

She remembered that Theo had shown up the year before and since she hadn't really talked to him since the sorting feast where she had been a bit overly-critical she hoped to see him again. It was weird she was seeing more of his ex-girlfriend, who she wasn't exactly friends with, and Crash who they had yet to actually exchange words since the summer after her second year, than Theo who she had been on better terms with. Then again, he had taken several electives so he could have been just busy and their paths had yet to cross again. And Theo wasn't on the quidditch team like Alex or Crash were.

So many questions
But I'm talking to myself
I know that you can't hear me any more
Not anymore
So much to tell you
And most of all goodbye
But I know that you can't hear me any more...

{ }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:32 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Third Year

Theo walked to the meeting place, a seemingly devastated look on his face. He had gotten a letter stating that he was not to play football anymore, for it was in violation of the Statute of Secrecy. He really didn't know what to do with himself at that point. He had spent what seemed like his whole life training and it had been ripped away from him...just like that...and just because he was born with powers. It really made him wish he was never even born with them. They came in handy but what was the point when a person couldn't do what they loved. He didn't know how to deal with it...all the publicity he'd get from clubs just because the number six youth in the world suddenly disappeared off the face of the Earth. It almost annoyed him, but he couldn't deal with it and had to find a new love, a love in which he decided Dueling would fill. If there was anything he could do in the Wizard world that had any appeal to him whatsoever...it would be dueling. And maybe in his newfound free time he would be able to actually become good at it.

He walked up to the other club members a small smile replacing the devastated look as he go closer, hiding his disappointment extremely well. He didn't want to give any hint that he was not playing football anymore, especially Ronna. He didn't need her, Alex, and most of all...Anastasia to know. He would go on and act...and lie to them. None of them had to know about this. Especially after his tirade over the summer. He just wanted to make sure he didn't lose any leverage on Alex. He could imagine the girl completely laughing at him because of him being forced to quit. And that was something he did not want to face.

"Hello everyone," he said to them, removing his wand from its resting place in the sleeve of his robes.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:59 pm

Hmm... Theo did show up.

Veronica turned when she heard Theo's voice and smiled some and said noting his wand, "Hey don't hex me, okay." She quickly gave him a one armed hug and said half chiding him, "You know I see your ex-girlfriend more than I have seen you lately."

She let go of him and said, "Then again that's because we're both on the quidditch team, so there's practices... and I almost miss the full out try-out battle for beater positions. I was the only person who showed up with any interest in the beater position beyond the obvious-Jacob and Toby." She rolled her eyes. "I wonder if someone is passing around some memo to Gryffindors that bludgers hurt and beaters are more likely to get hit by one-though, seekers tend to be more of an active target. I suppose it worked out for me, though, gave the Captain and Vice-captain better time to consider my sincerity."

She shrugged and added, "How's classes so far, by the way? You know if you have any questions about any classes that I took last year you can ask me. Except healing. I suck at healing. I'm pretty sure this new professor isn't very impressed with me, either." She was talking a mile a minute but then again she was carrying a thermos that had coffee in it, since she was basically living off caffeine at this point to get her through her late night classes and everything else, and she hadn't seen Theo in a while. She raised a brow and added, "You haven't been avoiding me, right?"

RedEagleEye007

So many questions
Not anymore
So much to tell you
And most of all goodbye

{ OCC: Caffeine-hyped Ronna, totally ignorant of the rest of the world's problems, go figure. sweatdrop Feel free to slap her or steal her coffee as necessary. }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:10 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Third Year

Theo looked up as Ronna had started to talk to him, keeping his facade up the whole time. He really was agitated, but he would just use his sarcasm as a mechanism for it. "I'm perfectly aware you see my ex more than me. I've got so many classes...I'm just always doing homework nowadays," he said to her, a small bit of sarcasm marking his voice. He didn't want to hear about his ex at the moment, but he did find one part about the whole ordeal that he found very amusing. "I did hear however her sister is on the Starting X1. Bloody brilliant. Probably bugs her oh so much," he said to Ronna, a grin on his face the whole time he said it. A chuckle even found its way into the conversation...one of the first times it had done so in awhile. He hadn't been very happy lately, because of the whole football thing of course.

"I also heard you made the Quidditch Team...congratulations," he said to her, giving her a small smile. He didn't want to be anywhere near Quidditch at the moment. Despite him not being able to make the team at all anyway, he had absolutely no time to do it anyway. So really, that was a lost cause. He sold his broom over the summer to some young wizard in Diagon, and he just subjected himself to the school brooms for flying classes. He couldn't believe that he...Robin Theodore Gibbs...was no longer playing any sport whatsoever. It was a tad weird for him, but he just figured he would hit the books in the time that he spared. He would still kick a ball around, but he really couldn't play it with anyone at all.

"Classes are fine really...nothing but homework really...I find them to be a tad easy. I'm starting to pick up every now that...now that I am studying more," he said, catching himself before he let the wrong words slip. No one needed to know about what was happening. "Dechering seems like a nice lady...well...for a Yank that is," he said to her, shrugging his shoulders a bit. The woman was from America to say the least...the accent said it all.

"No Ronna...I haven't been avoiding you or anyone...just setting my priorities straight," he said to her, making sure she knew that everything was second to school at this point. He would not make the same mistake again.

mc2

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:48 pm
So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXUser Image⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠User Image

¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯``•.
Tanya ran out to the courtyard with her back pack thumping her with each foot fall as she got closer to the huddle of people waiting. When she finally made it there she saw it was practically all Gryffindors. Wasn't it ran by that kinda scary Slytherin girl last year? She must have graduated. "I'm in the right place right? Nothing's started off yet?" she asked looking around at the four people.
`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´`•

WearingWhere: Dueling clubWith: OthersThinking: Nothing's started yet right?!OOC

This could be para- para- paradise
Para- para- paradise
This could be para- para- paradise
Whoa-oh-oh oh-oooh oh-oh-oh.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Wait, Alex has a sister on the team? Why haven't I heard mention of this? Maybe I have and I just didn't pay attention...

"What's so wrong with Yankees? Besides, I'm fairly sure what they consider are Yankees don't use 'y'all'. And, no, I have no problem with the new professor, besides that bird of hers, but still doesn't change I'm sort of bad at the subject compared to everything else," Veronica said with a shrug raising a brow at the slight sarcasm. "Anyways, I'm pretty sure for Alex having to deal with me is annoying her as well. And, I'm not on starting it doesn't really matter to me-I wouldn't see why it should bother her. I mean she should just suck it up and just acknowledge Mr. Barrett is a better keeper than her any day of the week."

"And, hey, are you aware of my class schedule and study schedule along with the fact I have quidditch practices now and there is the fact I have to worry about OWLs next year and I'm still getting around," She said with a shrug. "It's all about time management-and caffeine. Lots of caffeine. I mean have three late classes now... it's evil. I can't even get a consistent sleep schedule because of them."

"Anyways, you can manage a heavy load and other things if you're smart. All about time management, like I said,"Ronna said with a nod, noting he seemed to be trying to cover up something that was bothering him, but she decided it would be counterproductive to try and pry. After all, if he didn't want to talk about it, he wasn't going to let someone pry it out of him.

RedEagleEye007

So many questions
Not anymore
So much to tell you
And most of all goodbye

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games