Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Music Club ~ [[Open 2062-2063]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:35 am
User Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Music Room
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Sonora
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Music Club
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I wish I were a Ravenclaw

Kam played, not worried about the girl sitting near him on the bench. Luckily, the bench was pretty big and neither took up much room. He played, then looked over suddenly when she greeted him... sort of. Should he tell her, or would it be better to play along? He decided this time he'd be nice, since the joke was only fun when it was a deliberate setup... plus he wanted credit for his piano skill. Iggy couldn't play piano if he tried. "Close, but not quite. I'm Kam, Iggy's brother. But thank you regardless. I love this piece." He grinned, watching as she tapped out a few notes from the song... if it were played violently off key. "Sure, I can play it again. Here... I have the sheet music copy too." He pulled out the music from his bag, complete with color coding and handwritten notes and set it on the stand between them. "It helps if you start with your fingers like... this, which is normally an odd starting place, but for this one, makes it easier to bridge the jumps." He showed his positioning, then looked over at her, wondering how long she'd been playing.

addaellis

Kungfudemoness

Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴀs ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ, ᴀs ᴡᴇ ʀᴏʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴜɴꜰᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
Aɴᴅ ᴀʟᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴀᴠᴇ, ᴡᴀᴠᴇ ɪs sᴛʀɪɴɢɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀʟᴏɴɢ. Sᴇᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ᴀʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ.
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴘᴀʏ ɴᴏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴs, ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜰɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ꜰᴇᴀʀ
Tʜᴇ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ—ɪᴛ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴅʀᴀɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʙᴇ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ

𝕵𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖞𝖔𝖚'𝖗𝖊 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖊, '𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊 𝕴'𝖒 𝖌𝖔𝖓𝖓𝖆 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:29 pm
User Image

You and I in a little toy shop
                                          Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
                                          Set them free at the break of dawn
                                          'Til one by one they were gone.

Oh no. Iggy was late, soooo late,VERY LATE! He had gotten to the right floor when he noticed he forgot his guitar. So back up the stairs to Ravenclaw tower and another riddle and he had his guitar. Before leaving he made sure he had everything before FINALLY making to the music room he could hear one of Kam’s token songs. He entered just in time to hear Sonora call Kam the wrong name. Heh Kam decided to be nice and not run with it. Iggy walked over while slinging the guitar off his back. “Yea Kam’s a wiz on the piano huh?” Iggy said leaning casually on the piano. “I should crack out my guitar more often so you can tell who we are by our music.” Iggy jested. He should play more in the common room. It might lift his spirits when missing Kam.

If I could find a souvenir
                                                              Just to prove the world was here
                                                              And here is a red balloon
                                                              I think of you, and let it go

addaellis

Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:56 pm
The sky we’re looking at today

♪♫ Sonora Li
first year || Ravenclaw || halfblood

Ah, That's right! Iggy had a twin! Sonora bobbed her head in quick apology. "Sorry about that. Nice to meet you, Kam. I'm Sonora."

At the mention of sheet music, she pulled out a notebook lined with manuscript paper instead of regular lines. "I'll have to copy the notes later." she remarked, simply leaving it open at a fresh page. For now, she copied Kam's hand position studiously, before glancing over the sheet music with practiced ease. "Your notes are so detailed," she murmured appreciatively even as she tried to decipher what some of the color coding meant.

She turned, fingers still in place on the piano when the other twin joined them, guitar in hand. "Aha, hello Iggy," she greeted. "He is. You must be a wiz on the guitar then?". Her smile turned into a grin when Iggy mentioned telling them apart by their music--she loved the idea, and she'd always thought it would be nice to compose theme songs for people or places. She didn't have a piano in the common room unfortunately, but it would still be nice to have music regularly while studying. "That would be fun! Do you both play both instruments?"

Miss GryffindorK
Kungfudemoness

could be brighter tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:41 pm
User Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Sonora & Iggy
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Musical accolades are always nice

Kam grinned softly when the girl apologized, then offered her own name. "It's nice to meet you too, Sonora." He tapped out a few more notes, watching her pull out a manuscript book and mentioning note-copying. It seemed odd that someone wanted copies of his musical notes, but he figured most of the writing was that of his mum, it wasn't technically his. "Fine with me. I have lots of other songs too, if you're ever keen on learning some. I don't mind teaching, or just sharing sheet music." He grinned, a small blush touching his cheeks.

At that moment, Iggy appeared out of nowhere, out of breath but happy as always. He joked about using his guitar more often as a way of telling them apart, and Kam rolled his eyes. "That only works here, though. This is pretty much the only piano in the castle... which is stupid. I wish there was one in my common room, or that my electric keyboard worked here." He looked over at Sonora's question of if they both played both. "No, actually. Iggy's awful on the keys, and I can't figure out the strings for guitar. I really want to learn the cello, though. It seems like a load of fun." He pondered, then rooted through his bag again, before quietly playing Claire de Lune from memory. It was one of the twins' favorites, a lullaby their mum always played before bedtime. It was calming, especially for his nerves.

addaellis

Kungfudemoness

Aɴᴅ ᴀʟᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴀᴠᴇ, ᴡᴀᴠᴇ ɪs sᴛʀɪɴɢɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀʟᴏɴɢ. Sᴇᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ᴀʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:12 pm
User Image

“I am in fact.” Iggy said going to unpack his guitar. He quickly checked it was in tune and fixed one string. He had a basic guitar that he had added cool decals too. And a few random one like one of a don’t “If slapping the keyboard counts then I'm a Mozart.” Iggy moved a stool closser and sat on it. It only took a measure or two for Iggy to know what Kam was playing. Iggy joined in with his own addition that he and Kam had come up with.

addaellis

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:13 am

♪♫ Sonora Li

At the prospect of sharing music, Sonora suddenly wished she'd brought more of her sheet music with her--as it was, she had only brought her book of haphazard notes. Maybe she could get her parents to send her some of her books? "I'd love to share sheet music. I'll let you know once I have more here though, I guess. And if you're offering, I've been told it's poor form to decline free lessons." She said it with a smile--Sonora was confident in her ability to play the piano, but she was never above learning more from anyone around her.

"Is this really the only piano? ...Maybe there's a spell or something wizards use to support music making?" Sonora was partially disappointed, but it couldn't keep her down--after all, a few hours ago she hadn't been sure there was even this one piano. She jotted a note to look up any music-related spells in her book.

She giggled at Iggy's comment about being Mozart. "If putting rosin on a bow counts, then I'm the next Yo-Yo Ma. I'm with Kam on this one--but I haven't had great encounters with any strings. There was one time with a flute... and it went okay? " she shrugged a little. "Okay" was putting it very generously. "But definitely. The cello is so regal. I don't know anything but the piano...but it would be nice to learn to sing properly."

Sona leaned back enjoying their performance and watching Kam's hands stretch across the keys. The song was vaguely familiar, but she couldn't remember the lyrics and instead just hummed along to the parts she recognized.

Miss GryffindorK
Kungfudemoness

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:12 am
User Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Sonora & Iggy
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Musical accolades are always nice

Kam grinned in unabashed excitement when Sonora agreed to playing alongside the boy. He was sure he didn't know more than her, but he believed it would be a symbiotic learning. He'd teach her some tricks, she'd share some of hers, they'd both end up better at their chosen instrument. That... or he'd help her on some more of his sheet music. She seemed sad by the thought of that being the only piano in the school, and he simply offered a small frown and a nod. "I've asked if they can put pianos in all the common rooms, but the professors simply don't have the sway to do so. Plus, my common room's already pretty crowded, so I'm not sure where a piano would go."

When Sonora and Iggy were talking about their abilities on other instruments, Kam snickered. It was true he struggled with stringed instruments, but also a majority of others too. It was so tricky to learn new styles of music, apart from on the keys. The piano simply seemed ingrained in him now, mostly because he'd been playing since he was five. The girl mentioned learning to sing, and Kam roved his eyes around the room. "Well, I'd recommend talking to that guy, he's the club leader. Maybe he can help... or he can find someone who can. I'm sure he knows most of the people here and their skills." Kam nodded, quite proud of his rather diplomatic answer. He, personally, had never considered singing, due in part to sounding like an off-key chicken screeching when he tried.

{{OoC: Sorry about the wait, Kam was being difficult!}}
addaellis

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:45 pm
User Image

You hear the door slam
                                                          And realize there's nowhere left to run
                                                          You feel the cold hand
                                                          And wonder if you'll ever see the sun
                                                          You close your eyes

Cian came into the club a bit late but he had lost batman and it took a bit to find him. Once batman was secure in the dorms again he made his way here. His dad had gifted a guitar that use to be his so Cian could learn. And the head of the club chance had taken to teaching him. He gas getting decent at it but wanted to get as much learning from Chance before the guy graduated.

And hope that this is just imagination
                                                                            Girl but all the while
                                                                            You hear a creature creeping up behind
                                                                            You're out of time

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:59 am
User Image

Iggy chuckled at the joke of not being a string players. "Cello is too regal for me. I'm not classy enough" Iggy replied knowing Kam would agree. When Sonora mention wanting to learn singing Iggy legit laughed,snort and all. The twins never hid the fact they sounded like dying birds of prey when they attempted singing. Their little sister was the skilled one. They got their dads vulture voice. "Yeah you'll need to learn singing elsewhere. We shatter windows with our screeching." Iggy said once he stopped giggling.

Occ: brain dead post xD

addaellis

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:08 am

♪♫ Sonora Li
Music club || Reserve Keeper

"Oh, if they could put pianos in every common room--well fair, it'd be even more crowded. But maybe just another one in this room? Sonora glanced around at the other instruments filling the room. Well there was always room for an upright piano. "Well, it'd be wonderful if they did. We could play duets then."

She giggled a little when Iggy mentioned not being classy enough for the cello and his description of their singing. She looked over at the seventh year guitarist again. Definitely didn't want to shatter windows. And like Kam said, he was the club leader. He was there to help. She'd go and bother him sometime with a project sometime-- a project!

"Could we do that...--if we could find a piece for cello, guitar and voice?" And...well, she supposed it was easier to play the piano and sing than it was to play the cello and piano at the same time. She fingered the notes from the first piece Kam had been playing. "This one from earlier--Kam, you've got it down on piano, so it'd be something familiar for the cello? And then we would all know the song."

She hesitated then-- they already had each other to play with. Would she be intruding? She had been planning to figure out the song anyways--the sheet music was right there, calling to her. It even seemed to have lyrics. But the twins had been so lovely just playing together...well, it was worth proposing anyways. They'd let her know if they didn't like the idea.

”Miss GryffindorK”

Kungfudemoness

addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:28 pm
User Image

You can't make me settle down
                                                          I'd rather kick and jump and bite and scratch
                                                          And scream until I'm blue
                                                          I may as well be hyper as long as I'm still around
                                                          'Cause I'll have lots of time to be laid back
                                                          When I'm six feet underground

Cian opened up the room and started getting things ready. He had be entrusted with music club and he wanted to do it right. He uncovered instruments and tuned a few of the school guitars before cracking out his own bass. He had saved up and with a bit of help from dad he got a nice red one. While he waited for others he mainly practiced random part of random rock songs. Perhaps the sounds of rock would bring the masses

(There open lol)

And I'm in no hurry to be casual
                                                                            In fact, I think, I'll wait
                                                                            Until I'm pushing up the daisies
                                                                            Like wow, man, can you relate?
                                                                            I'll be mellow when I'm dead

null

null

null

null

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:21 am
User Image
Canaan Grey
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Canaan was in a cheerful mood as he walked toward the place where the Music Club was supposed to meet. He'd heard rumours there was a club, and had hoped for them to be true, for he loved playing music. His usual focus was Folk music and traditional Irish music, and he'd attended the local Celtic Music Festival for as long as he could remember, but he was open to discover other musical styles and try them for himself.

The young Ravenclaw had his guitar case with him, bearing the old guitar his cousin Fi gifted him with. It was the first guitar she'd learned to play, and so she thought it to be a perfect instrument for Canaan to start with. When he arrived he saw another student, an upperclassman, and possibly the club's captain, he guessed, was already there. "Uh, hi," said the Canaan, before asking, "I'm not too early am I?"

As Cian was practicing, Canaan sat down popped open the case, and got out his old guitar. He tuned it, and then started picking out an old song he learned, as he found it to be a good test of his knowledge of the chords, 'Blackbird', by the Beatles. It was also a cool song.

OOC:
Kungfudemoness

User Image  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:17 pm
User Image
                                                  𝔸 𝕟 𝕟 𝕒 𝕝 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖 𝕄 𝕒 𝕣 𝕚 𝕖 𝕂 𝕦 𝕣 𝕥 𝕤
                                                  ___╘═══▶ first year : gryffindor

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                  __________________________________________

The corridors were silent, except for the clunking of Annalise's boots as she wandered, searching for the Music Club room. As soon as she heard about the existence of the club, the Gryffindor felt excitement stirring in her stomach. Finally, a place filled with other musicians, where she can play and get feedback. Plus, it was a great place to make new friends, she figured. Well, a place to make friends that wasn't in class. It meant she didn't have to wear her uniform, which was a huge positive. Walking down the hall, Anna was dressed in her standard chunky boots, a pair of ripped jeans, and a long sleeve pullover sweatshirt, with her guitar case firmly grasped in her hand. As she continued, she began to hear the faint sound of guitar strums, and her pace quickened. Finally, reaching the classroom, Annalise entered, smiling. There weren't many people there yet, but maybe there would be more later. There was an older boy, whom she assumed was the Captain based on his age, and one other boy, from her year. He was playing his own guitar, so she waited until he was finished to approach him. "Hey Canaan, that sounded awesome! I figured you would be here too," she said with a grin, recalling that the Ravenclaw had mentioned that he liked to sing in one of their class introductions. She took the chance to set down her case and open it up, taking out her instrument. The acoustic guitar was solid black, with a lot of dents and scratches from consistent use over the years. There were stickers plastered all over it, mostly things like skulls, stars, and various rock and punk band names. "Mind if I play you guys a little something? Since we're all sharing," she asked, not waiting for a reply before she started strumming an acoustic version of one of her favorite punk songs, Bleak December. She hummed along with it at first, but softly began to sing the chorus when it came to that part of the song.

OOC: Anna doesn't have a voice-claim so just use your imagination lol

❝ I've lost myself in make-believe. Over and over, I'm deceived. You want reform? I can't conform.
                                                  'Cause I can't take anymore of your tainted bliss 'cause I've lost myself in make-believe. You can't break me. ❞

Kungfudemoness

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:57 am
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

third year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy club

Sonora was walking with her cousin for a bit--August was headed up to the Library to preview his textbooks, maybe find some “light academic reading” and Sona was headed for the music room. August abruptly glanced down the hall, a more expressive smirk than usual playing on his face at the sight of one fiery Gryffindor. ”Good afternoon Betty,’ he greeted, switching to English in front of the new company. ”Perfect timing actually. Have you been to the music club yet? No, well now you get to skip out on studying and do that.” he greeted, only slightly snarkily.

”Yes! Do you play anything Lizzie?” Sona greeted with a bright smile. She loooped one arm around the other girl’s and led her towards the club room.

August left the girls with a nod and a pleased grin at the club door and Sonora headed in, greeting everyone with a cheerful smile and took over piano bench--or at least half of it, leaving enough room for Kam or anyone else to join her later. She set a few pieces of sheet music on the stand and hovered her fingers lightly over the black and white keys.”Would you like to duet something?” she asked, quietly enough to not interrupt the other playing going on.

Trickblues

User Image User Image User Image
The birds, the sun, the stars, night sky,
It's such a sight to withhold.
Three-six-zero turn to see that we're not alone.
You have a house. Hello home.
♫♪
"Paper Plane's Adventure" by V.K. Lyrics by Tanoshibe on YouTube

addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:50 pm
User Image

You can't make me settle down
                                                          I'd rather kick and jump and bite and scratch
                                                          And scream until I'm blue
                                                          I may as well be hyper as long as I'm still around
                                                          'Cause I'll have lots of time to be laid back
                                                          When I'm six feet underground

Cian entered the temporarily empty music room. He was graduating so he needed to name a replacement. Hopefully Kam wanted the role. The twin was level headed and Cian was confident he could do it. Cian took the dust cloth off the piano and got music stand set up before cracking out his guitar. He hoped tunes would lure the masses

And I'm in no hurry to be casual
                                                                            In fact, I think, I'll wait
                                                                            Until I'm pushing up the daisies
                                                                            Like wow, man, can you relate?
                                                                            I'll be mellow when I'm dead

Miss GryffindorK

null

null

null

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff