Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply General Off-Topic Discussion
Random Chatter Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Q]

Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:26 pm
Satan is my b***h
hmm the list lies to me... i will have to yell at it now... stupid things giving me false information...

The member list isn't organized in any predictable manner, and no one really knows how users are listed.

toshi168
ok, i really hate to bring up the same thing again, but we need some new people who will post, instead of lurking. So far, from what I've seen Zahmira, DM, Blakeman, Harvestor of sorrow, Satan, and I were/are the biggest posters here.
We have 108 members and we only have about 20% of those posting. Please if you lurk, post more often. I sugest we start threads for Fav Anime, Music, ect. Also, instead of just reviewing AMV's have people suggest AMV's they like, so we all can see.

Get some bored mods to delete all the zero-posters, append the member rules saying a mod can ban you from the guild for inactivity. That's what my guild does. It keeps the inactive people from filling up the list, keeps the wary people active, and the overall community happy.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:12 am
toshi168
I sugest we start threads for Fav Anime, Music, ect. Also, instead of just reviewing AMV's have people suggest AMV's they like, so we all can see.
That's what I created the Super-Dee-Duper AMV Directory for... We've had many threads in the past about just that, this one will be more organized.

[Q]
Get some bored mods to delete all the zero-posters, append the member rules saying a mod can ban you from the guild for inactivity. That's what my guild does. It keeps the inactive people from filling up the list, keeps the wary people active, and the overall community happy.
Well, that's not what my guild does. I will not ban people for not posting. If they don't want to post, that is just fine and dandy with me. It's not like they are preventing anyone else from posting.

I may send out PMs from time to time to find out where they are, but if they didn't want to be here, they could easily quit.  

Zahmira

Balcerzak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:33 pm
Zahmira
toshi168
I sugest we start threads for Fav Anime, Music, ect. Also, instead of just reviewing AMV's have people suggest AMV's they like, so we all can see.
That's what I created the Super-Dee-Duper AMV Directory for... We've had many threads in the past about just that, this one will be more organized.
I promise, as soon as I get just a little more spare time I will write up detailed opinions on several of my favorite vids and submit them, so that my Red Dance vid description is no longer so alone. And much thanks for your efforts in the guild, and the way you have worked so hard to accommodate our requests. Hip, Hip, Huzzah!
Quote:

[Q]
Well, that's not what my guild does. I will not ban people for not posting. If they don't want to post, that is just fine and dandy with me. It's not like they are preventing anyone else from posting.

I may send out PMs from time to time to find out where they are, but if they didn't want to be here, they could easily quit.
Whatever works for you, it's your guild, I have no strong feelings either way. If they don't post, I don't know about them or care about them until they do post ~ absolute numbers of members means jack s**t in the long run, but if you ban someone you preclude the possibility however slight of them ever posting, however if people are motivated to keep from getting banned . . . It could cut both ways, so, eh, that is why I am hugely apathetic about the matter.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:19 pm
I just got moved into my apartment in Michigan. Soon the drought of my activity that I had warned you about late July will end, and there will be a vast rainy season. Prepare yourselves, go buy storm windows.  

Balcerzak

Zahmira

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:37 pm
I think I can deal with the rainy season.

I hope to be more active now as well. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:12 pm
I to plan on being more active, due to the fact that the work I''ve been doing for my dad all summer has paid off. My dad gave me his laptop, along with a wireless connection, so I''ll be posting a bit more  

Firamax

Balcerzak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:09 am
toshi168
I to plan on being more active, due to the fact that the work I''ve been doing for my dad all summer has paid off. My dad gave me his laptop, along with a wireless connection, so I''ll be posting a bit more

Woo, one of the few people that still has more posts than I. I shall look forward to seeing more of you.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:16 pm
I think we either need a really active community, or just a non active one <.<...a couple of peole constantly running it basically to get ithe place rolling. Its hard, especially with an interest like AMV''s- the most popular long running threads on gaia seem to be chairty <.<....because people are greedy.... If we managed to create a more active community- thats exactly what it would become all by itself.....its really hard to just be active for a little while....stop, then start again, because it means since everyone is independant, the activity bottlenecks and nothing really gets said or done for weeks.....

Just my thoughts on it all... I would be more active.....  

Kaze no Hyuga

trickylove

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:38 pm
I'll probley start being more active when I get my copy of Final Cut Pro and actually start making some AMV's...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:48 pm
Hey guys i will not be on much because Hurricane Katrina has hit where i live so i have evacuated to north louisianna where internet is very slow...
Please pray for Us here on the Gulf Coast that one day our lives will be normal...
I will probably not be on for about 2 months because we are forced to stay here until novemeber or december...
All streets to New Orleans Metro area are blocked by military so there is no chance of comeing back for a long time..  

Satan is my Bitch

Zahmira

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:09 pm
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get everything back in order soon! Good luck!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:53 pm
So, this being an OT thread and all I thought I'd strike up some conversation about probably the most cliched OT of them all. School: it should be just starting for most of us, and perhaps some are already attending. Is everybody looking forward to it this year, or is it a much dreaded subject for some?  

Balcerzak

trickylove

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:40 am
I start college again on tuesday. I'm kind of looking forward to it (you have to since you're paying to be there)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:50 am
I'm sorta looking forward to school, but not AP US History, since the teacher gives us a 900 page to read and a month to read it in.  

Firamax

Balcerzak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:56 pm
trickylove
I start college again on tuesday. I'm kind of looking forward to it (you have to since you're paying to be there)
Heheh I hear that one. I'm really looking forward to beginning graduate school this year. I'm actually going to be payed to go to school, rather than the other way around. Happy!  
General Off-Topic Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff