Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:57 pm
..Another pain in the a** thing: A lot of guys assume that you're easy, even if you dress fairly conservatively. It gets rather annoying...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:08 pm
The only problem I have is people think I do every drug in the book, lol.
I dont smoke, drink, or anything.
hehe.  

LoisLane

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:42 pm
Krys_Night
People talking down to me like I'm an idiot
My mother blaming me being goth on my boyfriend
People acting like I'm going to drop dead at a moments notice
Finding other who dress like me... that don't do drugs

People think I'm goth because of my boyfriend too! Ugh, it's so annoying. It's like, why can't they just accept the fact that this is who I really am?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:43 pm
DreamerSpirit
..Another pain in the a** thing: A lot of guys assume that you're easy, even if you dress fairly conservatively. It gets rather annoying...

Yeah, the whole "slutty goth" stereotype is really annoying.  

Freedom Fire

Kohanna13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:17 am
I hate it when guys think I'm slutty but I'm just wearing baggy pants, tee. But I hate the stupid questions 'Do you worship the devil? Do you kill goats? etc' stressed  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:58 pm
Freedom Fire
DreamerSpirit

Yeah, the whole "slutty goth" stereotype is really annoying.

Indeed. I was sitting outside of one of the libraries in my city a few days back, munching on an apple and happily reading my book. I was in a velvet dress which reached my ankles and had a collar as high as a t-shirt collar would be. As I was reading, at least five guys, most considerably older than me, Gave me lusty looks or called out to me. Thank god I have a lovely 'take one more step and I'll castrate you' glare which I shoot back at them. It works quite well.  

DreamerSpirit

fourstrings

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:34 pm
Trying to hold down a job is the worst.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:52 am
The_Forth
This is a list of things that are a pain in the a**...

1. Everyone thinking you worship satin.
2. The price of Tripp clothing...
3. The price of gothic things in general
4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK
5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
6. The damn stereotypes
7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN,
9. People stepping on your pants
10.The anti- depressant every wants to give us.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Post your thoughts what are the biggist pains in the a** you see.... I just thought this would be funny....

I agree with you  

Devils_lilboy

Serjo Sammie

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:06 am
My biggest annoyance...? As much as we like to boast that goths are nice and open-minded, the majority of us aren't. Some of us are down-right rude without reason. THAT is a pain in the a**. Just because you look arrogant doesn't necessarily mean you have to act that way too.

I feel a need to say something. The majority of complaints the posters here have listed were also mine, when I was in school. Now that I've escaped and am working I don't have any. My co-workers just accept me as I am, right down to the skulls on my desk and the bats dangling from my ears, so long as I do my job. neutral Doesn't that say something about the youth of today?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:30 am
The_Forth

5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
6. The damn stereotypes
7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...

Post your thoughts what are the biggist pains in the a** you see.... I just thought this would be funny....

1.you worship cloth? His name is Satan.with an A, way to fAil.
2.Tripp has nothing to do with goth/he's in jail, for molesting little girls.
3.It doesn't matter how the ******** you look.
4.not everything has to be black.
5.its your own dumbass fault for wearing 11 armbands.
6.you're just perpetuating them.
7.well, they do have the right, seeing as how they concieved/gave birth to you, and take care of you until you move out, and even then, most of you will still mooch off of mommy and daddy.
8.Chains, are ******** gay.
9.don't wear pants that are so damn big. Dumbass. simple solution.
10.don't act like you're a ******** corporate zombie and people won't bother you.
---
now, what annoys me about goth:
the fact that its been dead for almost 30 years, and you dumbshits sullying the once good name, of a long dead genre.
Let.Goth.Die.In.Peace.
Stop ******** trying to revive it.
goth will never be the same.
and for the record, metal is not goth.
Dumbasses.  

Cheezus Christ

Quotable Prophet

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:34 am
Fetuss

now, what annoys me about goth:
the fact that its been dead for almost 30 years, and you dumbshits sullying the once good name, of a long dead genre.
Let.Goth.Die.In.Peace.
Stop ******** trying to revive it.
goth will never be the same.
and for the record, metal is not goth.
Dumbasses.

It's actually not dead - you're just looking in the wrong place. Besides, there are subgenres that are perpetuating goth (death rock, dark wave, dark cabaret, gothabilly, etc)
Just because many of the old goth rock bands of the eighties have disbanded doesn't mean that the subculture has neutral  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:26 am
***** class="quoted">1) The people that walk up and touch you and/or harass you on some dare. Then after you ignore they're lame advances of "hey you. Goth girl." they run back to their friends like they've completed some major feat. "Holy crap, I annoyed a goth and I wasn't killed by a demon she summoned! I'm invincible!"

This is my biggest thing. People seem to think that because you dress differently, that you can treat them like less of a person.
Hahaha, but doesn't that make you feel powerful? wink  

ringwraith10

xX-Miss-Sku11Kandy-Xx

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:36 pm
The_Forth

6. The damn stereotypes

You mean common problems, not everyone has those problems some of those I don't. Actually that was kinda hypocritical coming from my view on what you said, especially cause you mentioned sterotypes, some I have to agree with getting all dressed up does take a while..  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:48 pm
that whole list is like one big stereotype...  

xShe Dreams Fiction

Umberella

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:29 pm
Having to always be goth.
That's why I'm not anymore.
Just kinda slipped out of it one day.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games