Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply JENOVA's Witnesses
FF7 Modified! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New Story?
Cool!!
87%
 87%  [ 27 ]
Wait couldn't we get in trouble?
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
I'm keeping my character to myself...
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
It's just FF7 All over again right?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 31

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:53 pm
It's not really much. Just a bunch of stuff and my experience with paint, but I'm glad you like it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:19 am
Yes I do like it! I'm going to have Angel help you with it too! 'Cause he knows alot about the natural formation and realistic geography, (his starting maps are weird tho... xp ) put the two of you together and I think we'll have a filled out map in no time!  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Glein

O.G. Hunter

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:30 am
HEAR HEAR! Now, if i was good at making maps, i'd most likly love to be on the project, but my best maps aren't exactly that good. I tend to use graph paper, and even then it's kinda crappy.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:34 am
I would have offered for me and Rei to, but it may have taken us a bit =_= I like Sae-chan's, though.  

Mariku -- Kitten

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:25 am
hey the map's still under construction! If you guys want to help feel free!! we still need more continents I think, and we definetally need more plotted towns! Angel was going to help with the make the terrain a little more realistically accurate, (cause even I don't know a smidgeon about it and he does) but you guys are more than welcome to contribute anything you come up with! I'm not excluding you! I just didn't know if you were interested!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:54 pm
if you want, i can make city maps. Those i'm pretty good at building. I'll just need to find a supply of graph paper, a computer with both a scanner and a internet connection, and i'll be able ot send you guys them. Until i get my puter again, i can't do PSP (paint shop pro) for it, which would make hte job SO much easier. I'll just need a list of hte cities, what hte basic tech apperance is, how big it is, and if there is anything special in it. I'll print it off, and work on it as much as possible. I'll upload hte images as soon as i'm able. Now, i'll be able ot give you 2-D maps, but i'll have all of hte major buildings showing all of it's floors as such. Dungeon design: no good. world design: no good. city design: great at.  

Glein

O.G. Hunter

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:54 pm
sounds good! So far we have Asgar, which is supposed to be VAUGHLY reminicent of Midgar, it needs to be the headquarters for Noctis Inc. (or whatever) . Now I think it doesn't necisarily need to be circular or have 'plates' any other suggestions for it.

We also need the two laboratories, now the resurrection one will probably have more 'underground' facilities, and the eternal-life will be larger and flatter (plate like) again these are all open to more suggestion but will that be enough to start with?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:46 pm
LOL, how funny would it be to have the general layout of Asgar be a big "N" for Noctis? rofl  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:00 pm
*snicker* in a subtle inter-connected streets so it was kinda squarish!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:53 am
It's up to Rei, really. He's the map maker, not me ^_^ It's one of his random skills. I'm content with throwing out my opinion every now and again ^_^ and stuff, y'know?  

Mariku -- Kitten

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:07 am
Yeah I know. wink
whew! This is exciting! The collaberation moves so much faster than I could do myself. 3nodding 3nodding heart xd xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:46 am
ok, so Asgar, kinda like Midgar, the labs, rebirth being more underground like, and immortallity more plate like. Right, i'll work on them. As you think of major cities/towns, let me know. Asgar, i think i have a good idea. Hope you don't mind a multilevel city, cause i'm thinking of have the city be on three different lvls. The top being the 'nobleclass' and the HQ of Noctis Inc. The second is the 'middleclass' and hte HQ of the Immortallity group, and hte bottom is hte slums, and hte HQ of the Rebirth group. Hows that sound?

(basic idea:

|=================| between
------------------------------------ Middle
|===================| between
-------------------------------------- bottom
you get the basic idea right? the bottom layer is hte biggest, the next level is slightly smaller, and the top level is hte smallest. with the center of each in the dead center... i'll have ot draw it up for a better idea, but how about that?)  

Glein

O.G. Hunter

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:55 am
Saerenna

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There is one slight problem, the three groups are separate. Noctis is in Asgar yes, but the other two labs are mainly situated as a building or 'town' unto themselves, their labs are not towns exactly.
What I meant by 'mostly underground' was that the resurection people should have what looks like a small facility... at least from an above ground veiw. however their labs should spread like tree roots under the ground. Because alot of what they do most society would frown upon.
for the immortality, they want people to see them as revolutionaries and great scientists working for a better cause so they make broad labs which cover much more amount of ground and maybe have multiple floors upward, (they have some underground as well but not to near the scope as what the ressurection people should have)

Does that make more sense?? and we have that one little 'rural' town with a semi-abandoned lab hidden underneath.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:48 pm
ok, so chuck out hte immortallity hq and rebirth hq, but otherwise, is the multilayered city a good idea? also, what do you want the town theme to be? oriental? medevil? modern? furturistic? techno? also, the theme of Asgar, same question, what theme for hte buildings design? oriental, medevil, mordern, futureistic, techno, etc.?  

Glein

O.G. Hunter

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:00 pm
Asgar would be Futuristic... or scientific, "Sci-Fi" whichever fits. Lots of technology and stuff.

the little town... is rural, maybe psuedo-medieval, not as much technology or acess to it, but remember magic is fairly prevelant so replace alot of the 'technology' with that. They have guns but not like lazers or anything, and the more slum or rural-ish, the more medieval the weaponry and stuff...

does that make sense?  
JENOVA's Witnesses

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games