Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:35 pm
In the final battle, there was only one.
watch the movie.
You need many for a blockade, but only one to watch an invaded world.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:18 pm
Yes, but that doesn't mean they showed them all in the scene. Isn't it just as likely there were more on the otherside of the planet?

It's debatable.

It's like saying was Mara Jade really in Jabba's Palace in the Ep. VI movie. As far as I can tell, you can't see her (or else I'm hopelessly forgetive)  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:22 pm
In the Novelization, it says here was only one.
If there were two, it defeats the purpose of the entire air force attacking just the one.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:23 pm
Only one droid control vessel was at Naboo, if there had been more then one the loss of the Droid Control ship would have been inconsequential since the other one would have taken over the control signal.  

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:34 pm
stellarmagic
Only one droid control vessel was at Naboo, if there had been more then one the loss of the Droid Control ship would have been inconsequential since the other one would have taken over the control signal.
Exactly. If there were several command ships and points, then the droids wouldn't have been deactivated, and even Anakin would have had a much more difficult time of disabling the trillions of droids then by a simple command. There's no way the Mustafar base could've possibly reached every last droid without having relays to interact betwen several command ships.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:06 am
How that worked was simple... Mustafar sends out the deactivation code to the Droid Control Ships and Ground Bases by Holo-comm, the ships and bases automatically shut down the droids under their command.

Simple, highly controlled... and very stupid if someone gets the codes. lol  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:45 am
Controll ships don't help if they're told to shut down. If one goes down, its different than one just being deactivated on command.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:50 pm
As to the new Scythe-class Battlecruiser... Ugh.

Slower then an MC90, more heavily armed, with a profile thats a throwback to KOTOR. No wonder they got beat by the Imps. And the Crossfire Starfighter, its an engine with a cross at its nose... Fast, maneuverable but even easier to kill then an A-wing if its got shields.

I'd rather fly something with a little more sense behind it, not a podracer engine with a quad set of wings up front.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:53 pm
Feh.
You cant prove any of your observations until that particular Legacy comic comes out.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:04 pm
Actually the speed thing is pretty solid, just look at the design. They've added a large dorsal wedge to what is essentially a MC-80 Maria class hull. This means it has more mass, and they didn't add any engines to the design. So more mass with the same amount of thrust means less acceleration. It's probably still faster then a Pelleaon-class though.

Though that does seem to be somewhat keeping in line with Legacy era starship design. Ships are really heavily built, but lack legs... just look at the Pelleaon-class it's thrust to weight ratio has to be about the same as the Eclipse. It's slow but can take a beating.

The Scythe class doesn't have that huge hull that other GFFA and New Republic Battlecruisers had. It's still nowhere as heavily built as the old Strident-star Defender or the MC90 so it probably has to rely on heavy shields systems instead of armor protection.

It does have allot more offensive firepower then the older designs though, That frontal wedge probably works a lot like the prow on a CC9600, row upon row of missile tubes... Huge missile tubes. The ship is a true battlecruiser in that regaurd. The offensive armament of a Battleship with the armor plate and speed of a cruiser... It's fast for a vessel of the time (Except for the ships I designed which could probably outrun it rather easily) but it can't sit there and take salvo after salvo of turbolaser fire from a Star Dreadnaught.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:08 pm
but the Pellaeon isnt a Star Dreadaught.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:14 pm
No... But we've been playing as if they were.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:15 pm
I blame EK and my sloth in fixing his entry.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:17 pm
So until I get around to it, a Scythe can still fight a Pellaeon to a standstill.
so tough s**t, Impy.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:19 pm
I think its more along the lines of an MC80 vs an ISD. 1 Might take out an ISD if its lucky... Two and its a done deal.  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games