Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Who here actually READS anymore?(I do and I'm proud of it!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you? (I'm FORCING you to answer nicely!)
  Very fine thank you.
  Not very well I'm afraid.
View Results

Suicide Lollies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:36 am
I tend to spend my days reading fanfiction instead of actual books. lol
But when I do get the urge to read books. I usually read fantasy books, along the lines of Lord of the Rings. Ian Irvine is my favourite author. smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:51 pm
Suicide Lollies
I tend to spend my days reading fanfiction instead of actual books. lol
But when I do get the urge to read books. I usually read fantasy books, along the lines of Lord of the Rings. Ian Irvine is my favourite author. smile
I love Lord of the Rings! My mom started reading it to me in fourth grade, consequentaly expanding my vocabulary, and I've been hooked ever since. blaugh  

Henneth Annun
Captain

lyssiah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:03 pm
I barley do anything but read in my husband's absense. I go to the bookstore and stock up so much they gave me a discount card last time. I don't really do all that many literary classics lately.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:27 pm
reading is knowledge and knowledge is power.  

Free the immortal

ataraxia_18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:00 pm
i love reading. im currently reading the book crank right now. its really good.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:08 pm
I'm currently reading Robert Bloch's Flowers from the Moon and Other Lunacies. Some of the stories have been predictable, but no less enjoyable.  

My Lovely Ora

Tahmuku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:39 pm
I have got two books on the go right now, and I am always finding new books at my universities book store. It’s too bad I do not have anymore money to buy them. They didn’t lie when they said University was going to cost an arm and a leg.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:21 am
I Love to read im always reading a book>  

Evil_lil_vamp

DuctTapeLove

650 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:52 am
I love reading it’s the only way to escape from reality sometimes when you need to get your mind off of things when the whole world seems to be on your shoulders. I’m currently reading a series by Stephenie Meyer. She wrote Twilight and New Moon (still reading) and she just released a new one called Eclipse. You might have heard of her, but I really do agree on the poser thing it really bugs me… And yeah I play guitar and a little bass I write my own music and I was in a band but things didn’t work out ^^,  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:43 pm
Tahmuku
I have got two books on the go right now, and I am always finding new books at my universities book store. It’s too bad I do not have anymore money to buy them. They didn’t lie when they said University was going to cost an arm and a leg.

An arm, a leg, a kidney... I wonder if there's an end to it?  

My Lovely Ora

Tahmuku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:17 am
My Lovely Ora
Tahmuku

An arm, a leg, a kidney... I wonder if there's an end to it?

I don't think it will ever end, I think soon all universities will recruit mobs collectors to beat the tuition out of students. Or the biology department will get more subjects for study.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:23 pm

I love reading still. Even though most of it includes manga now because I see books that don't appeal to me anymore. Scratch that I found some new and more exciting things to read. Like this book called Gingerbread and Shattering Glass. Vampire Kisses is a good short read as well. Both some good reads but right now I'm reading two good books: Awaken Me Darkly and (please don't flame about this one) Oh My Goth.

On the other note. I play the Clarinet/Bass Clarinet and I played the clarinet for 6 years now. Yes I am a band geek and proud of it.

NekoYasha09er

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:22 pm
XWraith_LordX
Seriouslly! Who really goes to the bookstore, gets a copy of "the red badge of courage" and reads anymore. I still do! The amount of people who go to the bookstore for something besides anime is dwindling...Anime is cool but try reading something else as well for a change.

While I have a topic started here, I would like to ask how many goths you know/meet that you would consider intelligent/"geeky" (read books, know about history, literature, science, don't hate school...) It seems like a lot of people these days just headbang to some metal band, wear black, and say they're goth. No. I'm sorry. Those qualities alone can't make you goth. Or at least "true goth". They should read up about goth a bit more.

Also, who here plays an instument? What do you play, for how long, and do you wright your own music?

i've never read that particular book, but i read a lot be it books or short stories on the internet. over the course of my 6th and 7th years in grade school (which just so happened to take me 3 years -_- not my fault) i read at least 2 books from the library every day. and not the skinny ones, either. i dont hate school, they forced me to drop out cuz i had a really bad time in my life, was too depressed to go to school... so they said either sign the papers or im goin to court. so i signed them and re-enrolled in another school. going to college next year.
i listen to a cabaret- style band, and evanescence. i dont have just black clothes. not by far. i do appreciate a bit of color.
i play trumpet, baritone horn, and the piano. i want to learn the guitar... since there is one currently not in use here.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:23 pm
ataraxia_18
i love reading. im currently reading the book crank right now. its really good.

I'm reading Crank right now as well and then the book after it Burned.

NekoYasha09er

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:00 am
i read... and i like to read. The only reason that im not reading anything at the moment, is that i dont have any money to buy some new books for....  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff