Welcome to Gaia! ::

+++The Fall of Roses+++

Back to Guilds

The story of Osiris City and the supernatural creatures which inhabit it. (Come play with us...) 

Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves, literate, semi-literate 

Reply Osiris City
The Talamasca Motherhouse Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:25 am
.David Talbot.
His reaction to Vikteren's comment, and of course Antha's too brilliant smile, was a glare and a small hiss, inaudible to human ears, all in Vikteren's direction. Singe was not about to share her. "Yeah, yeah," he groaned in irritance, springing gracefully to his feet without use of any other body part and rapidly rushing to Antha and lifting her effortlessly, like a feather, just in case Vikteren would dare to offer her his assistance. "I'm starved," he whined at last, hopping into the window sill that Antha had sat on, one hand grasping the outer edge of it before he plunged down in nothing flat, on the ground at the edge of the woods in an instant, waiting for Vikteren. Their white skin and red hair, his and Antha's both, would make it hard for a vampire not to notice them against the black and dark green of the grass and forest.

Vikteren followed them out the window, albeit in a slightly less dramatic fashion.
On the ground, he put his hands in his pockets and went to the two of them, raising one eyebrow at Singe questioningly. "Gracious, what theatrics." Looking towards Antha, "Did you teach him to behave like that, or does it come naturally?"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:41 pm
Again she smiled, softer though. Her arms held tightly to Singe's shoulders, hands clasped together behind his neck, for Antha felt a great need for caution when Singe was being reckless with her. "I should think not. Singe and I, you see, are just naturally similar beings," she answered, tone indicating that it was an easy fact to discover. "And as such, he'll be the death of me." Reckless as they both may have been, Singe's was in a far more physical way. It was something she noticed all too strongly when she looked up at the great distance from the window, feeling his grip loosen as his eagerness took possession of him. "If you kill me," she told the boy in a sigh, expression focused in a worried sort of way, "I'm dragging you down with me."

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:55 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
Again she smiled, softer though. Her arms held tightly to Singe's shoulders, hands clasped together behind his neck, for Antha felt a great need for caution when Singe was being reckless with her. "I should think not. Singe and I, you see, are just naturally similar beings," she answered, tone indicating that it was an easy fact to discover. "And as such, he'll be the death of me." Reckless as they both may have been, Singe's was in a far more physical way. It was something she noticed all too strongly when she looked up at the great distance from the window, feeling his grip loosen as his eagerness took possession of him. "If you kill me," she told the boy in a sigh, expression focused in a worried sort of way, "I'm dragging you down with me."

He gave them both a faint smile--genuine. "If you drag him down with you, Antha, what task does that leave me to do? Have a heart." Then, gesturing around, forest before them, the Talamasca and city behind. "Come along, we can't stand around talking all night. Lead the way. You know your own stalking grounds best."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:27 pm
The girl's eyes responded most to Vikteren's smile, locking carefully to the gesture and mirroring the furious working of her mind behind them. It became evident very quickly that she was pleased. However, the very mention of moving again forced Antha to cling warily to the boy vampire, minorly helpless. "Yes. If you don't mind, it's too cold to be standing around, ducky." She glanced up at him, blinking against the small white flakes of fluff that were already clinging to every strand of her hair and every inch of her dress. How easily he forgot she was a half-covered mortal girl---a frail one at that.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:15 pm
The boy gave them no more chance to talk. His arms holding tightly to Antha, he zoomed off through the trees, weaving through them in an erratic manner, and rounded the big wall enclosing the city, broken only for the forest. When they were near enough for humans to see them, he set her down and began a normal walk down the street towards downtown, pulling her along. He didn't know if Vikteren was following and really didn't bother to look. "Find me one, princess," he whispered in Antha's ear, grinning mischievously.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:47 pm
.David Talbot.
The boy gave them no more chance to talk. His arms holding tightly to Antha, he zoomed off through the trees, weaving through them in an erratic manner, and rounded the big wall enclosing the city, broken only for the forest. When they were near enough for humans to see them, he set her down and began a normal walk down the street towards downtown, pulling her along. He didn't know if Vikteren was following and really didn't bother to look. "Find me one, princess," he whispered in Antha's ear, grinning mischievously.

Vikteren was, of course.
There was little chance that the vampire would've left Singe to monopolize Antha completely. Though he was likely older than Vikteren himself, he behaved too recklessly for his age. He walked behind them at a discreet distance, long white hands tucked into his pockets, his shirt buttoned to the collar, for all the world looking like an ordinary young man who had only, perhaps, forgotten his coat.  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:11 pm
His command received only a nod in reply as they came upon a bar she knew well. Of course she had to look back at Vikteren for a moment, the emotion in her shifty eyes strange and the grin on her lips confident and yet pleading, as if to tell him not to think less of her. Of course as soon as she flitted off, alone, towards the door the gleam of insanity sparked powerfully in her eyes. She had chosen her dress well---apparently it was hard to look away from the short hem or how tightly it fit her figure. Or so a few dozen minds would tell her as she scanned through them, looking for just the right train of thought.
It wasn't hard to find the demented one in the crowd, nor catch a seat quite near to him. Surprising though, for he was mildly attractive. From there she was so used to it that it was barely interesting. She ordered her drink, watched him with smoldering eyes, flashed a brilliant smile, and finally checked the clock on the phone she pulled from her pocket. When she left, she took the back door into the alley and he followed her quietly.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:52 pm
Singe waited quietly across the street with his back pressed gently to the building behind him, arms crossed carefully. "You can't have her," he said childishly after a few good minutes, when Vikteren was close enough to hear, "Her companions, all the men like you, they go so fast with Antha. You'll be nothing soon, so don't get used to her. Just stay out of my way." He didn't want to make an enemy of Vikteren, but Singe was too jealous a person to let him take a real hold of her.
"There." His eyes opened fiercely, concentrated and pure red with thirst. In a single second he was at the end of the alley, a shadow lost in the haze of darkness, and he could see the door opening and Antha slipping out. When the prey of a predator emerged there was visible pleasure in his face that there was no one around. He was so pleased that he didn't even wait to dash forward and take a violent hold of her, slinging her to the cold brick wall. Singe lost no time either. In a flash he had restrained the beast, grabbing his hair for a good hold to turn his head and expose his neck, barely obscured by a coat collar. He didn't even wait to clamp his teeth down into the blue vein and steal all the blood that would gush out before the heart stopped with a dull thud.

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:53 pm
.David Talbot.
Singe waited quietly across the street with his back pressed gently to the building behind him, arms crossed carefully. "You can't have her," he said childishly after a few good minutes, when Vikteren was close enough to hear, "Her companions, all the men like you, they go so fast with Antha. You'll be nothing soon, so don't get used to her. Just stay out of my way." He didn't want to make an enemy of Vikteren, but Singe was too jealous a person to let him take a real hold of her.
"There." His eyes opened fiercely, concentrated and pure red with thirst. In a single second he was at the end of the alley, a shadow lost in the haze of darkness, and he could see the door opening and Antha slipping out. When the prey of a predator emerged there was visible pleasure in his face that there was no one around. He was so pleased that he didn't even wait to dash forward and take a violent hold of her, slinging her to the cold brick wall. Singe lost no time either. In a flash he had restrained the beast, grabbing his hair for a good hold to turn his head and expose his neck, barely obscured by a coat collar. He didn't even wait to clamp his teeth down into the blue vein and steal all the blood that would gush out before the heart stopped with a dull thud.

The vampire hadn't been looking at Singe, or listening very closely. He stood facing the street, on the edge of the alley's entrance, head tilted slightly to one side as he listening to the sound of falling snow. And then he turned around, just in time to catch Singe at the man's throat. The denial on his lips--It is not my intent to possess Antha, any more than it is hers to attempt the same--faded and was gone within the instant, as he caught her green eyes with his own.
And then turned away.
Vikteren usually considered it rather unappealing to watch the others of his kind sate their hungers.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:03 pm
For Antha, this was the thrill of the hunt. Singe got the kill, she got the adrenaline rush, the danger. She could hardly contain the grin that flickered across her face as she felt rough hands grabbing her, snapping her back. The dull thud as she hit the wall and the white flash of pain searing up her back was enough to send her into hysterics.
Of course it was over soon enough. Singe was a sudden flash of color, something her assailant couldn't keep up with, and all too soon he was dropping to the ground, dead. That was when she finally burst out laughing, a gasping edge to her voice. Musical as always, but this sound could be called little less than manic---cruel, certainly. "He was so sure..." She gloated, her bruised back pressed softly to the brick wall and her eyes closed delicately as if to see the pain within her flesh all the more vividly. Her stomach had been bruised slightly by his quick, eager grip, the wind knocked cleanly out of her, and only now did she regain it, her fingers feeling numbly over the broken vessels of blood leaking silently beneath her skin. Don't think less of me, she pleaded with Vikteren immediately, I can do little more for Singe than offer my services in his hunting games. Of course the thrill... She had to pause, and a little satisfied sigh came from her lips. I think I'm entitled to some degree of utter insanity. Morbid as it may be, it's rightfully mine.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:38 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
For Antha, this was the thrill of the hunt. Singe got the kill, she got the adrenaline rush, the danger. She could hardly contain the grin that flickered across her face as she felt rough hands grabbing her, snapping her back. The dull thud as she hit the wall and the white flash of pain searing up her back was enough to send her into hysterics.
Of course it was over soon enough. Singe was a sudden flash of color, something her assailant couldn't keep up with, and all too soon he was dropping to the ground, dead. That was when she finally burst out laughing, a gasping edge to her voice. Musical as always, but this sound could be called little less than manic---cruel, certainly. "He was so sure..." She gloated, her bruised back pressed softly to the brick wall and her eyes closed delicately as if to see the pain within her flesh all the more vividly. Her stomach had been bruised slightly by his quick, eager grip, the wind knocked cleanly out of her, and only now did she regain it, her fingers feeling numbly over the broken vessels of blood leaking silently beneath her skin. Don't think less of me, she pleaded with Vikteren immediately, I can do little more for Singe than offer my services in his hunting games. Of course the thrill... She had to pause, and a little satisfied sigh came from her lips. I think I'm entitled to some degree of utter insanity. Morbid as it may be, it's rightfully mine.

He didn't answer immediately. His gaze was fixed on a woman across the street. Wrapped in grey-washed layers, so bundled up that she was hardly discernable as female, she stumped along pushing a wire shopping cart. Pausing in a doorway, she lit up a cigarette and took a drag of it. It took her a moment to realize he was approaching her.
The woman shrank back, glowering. The emotions were almost tangible. Bitter suspicion, and fear, and a sullen anger.
And then their eyes met, and she was caught.
She'd been pretty once, not beautiful--but enough. It was still there, hidden beneath the bags under her eyes and the stringy, tangled mouse-brown hair that fell over her face. He stroked her cheek gently, feeling the texture of the dirt on her skin, and asked, "May I?"
She nodded. A tiny, imperceptible jerk of her head.
The vampire kissed her.
Her blood tasted like gin, diluted by alcohol over the years, and her mouth like cigarette ash. He took just enough to sate his thirst, and released her, passing his tongue over the cuts on her lips, stealing her memory of the event before they parted.
He left her, slightly dazed and paler than normal, in the doorway, the cigarette still shaking in her blue-veined hands, and returned to Antha and Singe.

I am not your judge. A reminder to Antha.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:05 pm
In curiosity, she found herself ignoring her pain as best she could and flitting to the end of the alley to watch Vikteren, carefully gripping the edge of the building to keep herself steady. She watched silently, emotionless save for her curiosity, it seemed, until he was almost done. That was when the little pout that was so familiar to her face flashed into view and the faint traces of anger showed strongly in her eyes. Antha was quite nearly jealous of her. "We're leaving," she told Singe in a soft hiss, turned on her heel and headed for the other end of the alley. She considered the chances of actually missing Vikteren if he were left behind, but grimaced at the very thought. So she was left to fume silently, waiting for Singe to respond, while she stood waiting with her back to the cold bricks. The pain was still blinding, but it merely annoyed her now. You take everything too seriously, she complained to him, her mental voice feverish and unnaturally fast. Everyone has an opinion of everything that is done, whether they like it or not. I simply asked that you not think me a dreadful being...at least not yet.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:19 am
He watched eagerly, blood pumping through his eyes. It was getting better and better. By the time she was at the other end of the alley, sulking and leaning against the wall, he knew exactly what to do. Why leave his princess so very glum? So he darted to her in the blink of an eye, grabbing her very roughly so he could press his lips to hers in a feverish sort of way. He moved to her cheek, down her neck, and almost to her shoulder before he sunk in his teeth. Just a small drought and he was done, leaving her little more weak than before and coloring her pale skin with bloody kisses.
When Vikteren came into view he paused and felt almost disgruntled. It was frustrating. Grudgingly he kissed Antha one last time, his fingers grasping the back of her neck to lock her to him, and let go to stand sullenly beside her.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:48 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
In curiosity, she found herself ignoring her pain as best she could and flitting to the end of the alley to watch Vikteren, carefully gripping the edge of the building to keep herself steady. She watched silently, emotionless save for her curiosity, it seemed, until he was almost done. That was when the little pout that was so familiar to her face flashed into view and the faint traces of anger showed strongly in her eyes. Antha was quite nearly jealous of her. "We're leaving," she told Singe in a soft hiss, turned on her heel and headed for the other end of the alley. She considered the chances of actually missing Vikteren if he were left behind, but grimaced at the very thought. So she was left to fume silently, waiting for Singe to respond, while she stood waiting with her back to the cold bricks. The pain was still blinding, but it merely annoyed her now. You take everything too seriously, she complained to him, her mental voice feverish and unnaturally fast. Everyone has an opinion of everything that is done, whether they like it or not. I simply asked that you not think me a dreadful being...at least not yet.

Vikteren returned to the mouth of the alley, watching Singe color Antha's skin with red. As she had done, the vampire showed no emotion, saving a trace of--it was not quite sadness. Too empty. Something in his eyes that made him wish that he had not discarded his smoked lenses. Then my opinion is that no--you are not a dreadful creature. Nor are you utterly insane. Perhaps sometimes foolhardy, yes.
He went to them both, and wiped the blood from Antha's throat gently with fingers as cold as ice before turning his gaze on Singe. "That was most uncreatively spiteful."  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:08 pm
Between the pain of her bruised flesh, blindingly brilliant when she put herself in the right mindset, and the ecstasy of the blood transfer, Antha's mind was far too excited. It was almost too much to handle, really, though not quite so. Yet she was glad to have him pull away, to see Vikteren's presence and know Singe wasn't attached to her. You'll change your mind. She paused to smile, her head turning to face Vikteren in a daze. I'm only the brat princess to you now, am I not? But eventually something will repulse you and you'll come to detest me all the same. Her smile was bitter, though her eyes glittered ecstatically.
"Spiteful..." She didn't feel like prying open either of their minds for the moment, so she played the helplessly clueless girl when she heard him speak. "What has Singe done?" She sounded mildly curious, her eyes widened a little as she strained to push herself away from the wall.

Osiris City

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff