Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Prequel Trilogy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:55 am
I didn't get it... Its not an opera, since there wasn't any lyrical aduendos I could hear. not to mention, operas have to have a plot, with people. Like in the fifth element. That was closer to opera than that big blue ball of nothingness...

I've been thinking again though. I've known this for some time, but did anyone else ever realize something about the jedi and sith clothing?

Apprentices and padawans usually wear clothing, but nothing much else for covering.

Knights have a cloak that has a hood usually down.

Masters usually have cloaks and robes that hide pretty much everything about them.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:16 am
hmm...interesting observation.  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:36 am
The funniest thing I noticed in RotS was how everyone wqould take the time to neatly put away their robe before begining a duel.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:56 am
FrozenPhoenix32
The funniest thing I noticed in RotS was how everyone wqould take the time to neatly put away their robe before begining a duel.

No, they just dropped 'em on the ground. Which creates an obstacle. They never pick them back up again, either. There must be plenty of spares back at the temple.  

Durza the Shade

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:49 pm
Yeah but watch Obi wan. He slipped it off, then dropped it gently below him. Anyone else would just strip and chuck it to the side.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:29 am
FrozenPhoenix32
Yeah but watch Obi wan. He slipped it off, then dropped it gently below him. Anyone else would just strip and chuck it to the side.
lol the jedi have all become neat freaks  

NickCpointless

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:21 pm
NickCpointless
FrozenPhoenix32
lol the jedi have all become neat freaks

as proved by the MTV Movie award SW skit.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:17 pm
jedi_master_tenku
Episode 1 was the lesser of the two evils for me. 1) Liam Neeson. He's just cool. 2) That ending lightsaber fight. eek crying 3) The podrace is just awesome on a huge tv with surround sound (and it also gave us the Racer games!)

AotC was downright painful for me. But I won't go into that here. I'll save it for the Lightsaber Lucas thread...

Why was AOTC so awful? Please. Enlighten me.  

Inatarin

Inatarin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:36 pm
Quote:
I didn't get it... Its not an opera, since there wasn't any lyrical aduendos I could hear. not to mention, operas have to have a plot, with people. Like in the fifth element. That was closer to opera than that big blue ball of nothingness...

It's called "Squid Lake" It's made by the Mon Calamari. Refer to how George Lucas tries to make his movies seem like old 'B' movies of the 20's and early years of real film making. Refer to black and white plays/ operahs on film that were without sound and would just be acted out. Sort of like a Charlie Chaplin type idea.....if this makes sense.

Quote:
Apprentices and padawans usually wear clothing, but nothing much else for covering.

Episode 1 Obi-Wan was a Padawan, he wore just as much clothing as he does in any other of the movies. Episode 2 Anakin wears almost EXACTLY the same thing he wears as a knight.

Quote:
Knights have a cloak that has a hood usually down.

Each Jedi is given the cloak and robes. How they wear them does not apply to their ranking. For special occasions, say, Ki-Adi Mundi/Aayla Secura/Luminara Unduli/Bariss Offee outfit, is purely cultural/Ceremonial
A Knight could look the same as a master.
If anything, I think it's a coincidence that Masters are usually more secretive and robed. I'm assuming it has to do with the age difference to the more younger Jedi....I mean...usually, the youthful are going to be running around in their tunic-tan-thingys. When the older Jedi are going to be sitting in the background in cloak-mode.

Quote:
Masters usually have cloaks and robes that hide pretty much everything about them.
Refer to last answer.

[If you would like me to explain more in depth, I could. I'm just a crappy explainer]  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:38 pm
Inatarin
jedi_master_tenku
Episode 1 was the lesser of the two evils for me. 1) Liam Neeson. He's just cool. 2) That ending lightsaber fight. eek crying 3) The podrace is just awesome on a huge tv with surround sound (and it also gave us the Racer games!)

AotC was downright painful for me. But I won't go into that here. I'll save it for the Lightsaber Lucas thread...

give a factual piece of information that made it good.

Why is the Prequel triology so dependent on flashy scenes and cgi to try and outdo the original? Despite the fact that the fight scenes were completely worthless and any noob could shoot or slice the guys down, it was a romance.... Things such as humor and romance in a war movie just... no. talk2hand  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Inatarin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:48 pm
Nelowulf
Inatarin
jedi_master_tenku

give a factual piece of information that made it good.

Why is the Prequel triology so dependent on flashy scenes and cgi to try and outdo the original? Despite the fact that the fight scenes were completely worthless and any noob could shoot or slice the guys down, it was a romance.... Things such as humor and romance in a war movie just... no. talk2hand

First off, it showed canon for the unfolding love between Padme and Anakin. Theres your factual piece. We could've just left it untold, and let Zahn and Anderson or Watson get their hands on it. Then we'd have A Super Death Ray/Solo Children/A Young Count Dooku running around playing Cupid. Do you -really- want that?

I hate humor in all the star wars movie, it should all be shot. But, that also then discriminates TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH,ESB,ROTJ.

Obviously not, take 200 Jedi Knights vs several thousand Droids. SUPER droids, even....Bullshit. I doubt even -you- could take on several thousand droids with a close range weapon...
All fights were quite fairly presented.

GL is the person who tries to create a new smudge on the history of cinema, he did so with the first trilogy. and he did so with the prequal trilogy.

Though, you must face the fact, that there ARE no prequal trilogies, there ARE no Original Trilogy,

They are all meant to be ONE movie. ONE story. not 2 different stories.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:58 pm
Inatarin
jedi_master_tenku

Also... George Lucas can't write a good love scence to save his life! And it didn't help that Hayden couldn't act to save his life in that film. He was WAAAAY to monotonous. UGH! Thank heavens he was better in RotS  

Aari-chan

Inatarin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:07 pm
Aari-chan
Inatarin
jedi_master_tenku

Also... George Lucas can't write a good love scence to save his life! And it didn't help that Hayden couldn't act to save his life in that film. He was WAAAAY to monotonous. UGH! Thank heavens he was better in RotS

If you watch any other of Hayden's films, you can tell that he definitely has the potential. It's just that [yes] George Lucas can't write worth s**t.

Don't blame the actors, blame the writers. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:19 pm
Inatarin
Aari-chan
Inatarin
jedi_master_tenku

If you watch any other of Hayden's films, you can tell that he definitely has the potential. It's just that [yes] George Lucas can't write worth s**t.

Don't blame the actors, blame the writers. wink [/quote

at leas tthe OT was allright. But only cuz Ford made sure there was no crap in it.

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:35 pm
yawn...

The OT was also good since it told the story of Luke and the gang, and 1001 ways to piss a superempire off without shitting in the emperor's shoes.

Meanwhilst, we have... hmm... oh yes, badass yoda... and... umm... yea... a whiney teenager played by a s**t actor (yes, i have seen his other movies, and even matt damon has more talent than he) who becomes the world's largest badass by the oh so famously overused quote:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games