Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:03 am
I remember at one point, there was also supposed to be another X-wing-esque ship, called the Z-95 Headhunter, which made any an appearance in EU books. Are they no longer canon, what with the ARC-170s?

Also, I heard that Y-wings were supposed to have had another look, though their design was influenced in a way that their outer armor was removed so as to accomodate easier repairs and maintenance.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:39 am
Angelic Celestia
I remember at one point, there was also supposed to be another X-wing-esque ship, called the Z-95 Headhunter, which made any an appearance in EU books. Are they no longer canon, what with the ARC-170s?

Also, I heard that Y-wings were supposed to have had another look, though their design was influenced in a way that their outer armor was removed so as to accomodate easier repairs and maintenance.

that's what pissed me off with the ARC 170's appearance, suddenly the Headhunter was made obsolete.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:29 pm
Um, the X-wing designers combined the best of both worlds? There, problem solved.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:08 pm
Yeah it's like the explination for the DS. Combining Raith's ideas with the Geonosian ideas= Death Star Proto.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:41 pm
Raith? Raith sienar?  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:55 am
the one and only.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:11 am
that's another thing that pisses me off. the DS was designed at the Maw by Bevel Lemelisk. not Geonosis by whomever.

BEVEL LEMELISK!!

and the ARC-170... gyar.

the X wing was designed by Incom, as you should all know. i quote:

"The T-65 X wing was the last starfighter design produced by Incom coproration before its siezure by the empire."

obviously, the ARC-170 and the T-65 are two totally different vehicles. the T-65 was produced when the rebel alliance already existed. obviously, the rebel alliance could not have existed before the empire. there'a huge time loop here that needs explanation.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:23 am
Perhaps the x-wing is the conglomeration of the z-95's balance of speed and toughness with the Arc-170's impresive weapons payload and computing capacity.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:35 am
Cale Darksun
Perhaps the x-wing is the conglomeration of the z-95's balance of speed and toughness with the Arc-170's impresive weapons payload and computing capacity.

no.

the ARC-170 is Lucas' dream of having a ship more closely resembling a WWII bomber in its operational capacity and finally having what he origionally wanted for the original X wing back in 1977 but couldn't due to filming and special-effects limitations.

the ARC is a multiple crew bomber. the Z-95 is a fighter. the two are totally different. the X wing more closely resembles the Z-95 in terms of operational capacity and general appearance. in fact, the X wing was based off of the Z-95, not the ARC. as it is, either the Z 95 or the ARC shouldn't exist, and since the ARC obviously does exist in Ep. III, it's pushed the Z-95 out of existence, screwing with a bunch of SW canon and EU stories.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:43 am
uh huh. yeah. sure. just be a pessimist. ruin everyone's day.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:55 am
Cale Darksun
uh huh. yeah. sure. just be a pessimist. ruin everyone's day.

gyar, it is considered a starfighter, somehow... but i don't see how.

with two gunners in a lengthened canopy, it is strikingly like the U.S. bombers in WWII, which served as the inspiration for much of the space battles.

but anyway... it's a decided step down in complexity from the Z-95. it just doesn't make sense. it would have to jump from a small fighter to an unnescessarily huge fighter, back to a small one again. i think it's just put in because lucas wants to. =/

which side uses it, anyway? seperatists, or NR?  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:15 pm
what, the 170? the Republic. by association, I think the z-95 is too. but in the novelization of episode 1, they make a reference to the z-95. a gun runner is saying how good a ship it is as anakin listens in. if we take that as a reference, then what happened is as you say: they went small, big, then small. stupid yes?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:55 pm
Cale Darksun
what, the 170? the Republic. by association, I think the z-95 is too. but in the novelization of episode 1, they make a reference to the z-95. a gun runner is saying how good a ship it is as anakin listens in. if we take that as a reference, then what happened is as you say: they went small, big, then small. stupid yes?

yes. and now it really doesn't make sense. the republic becomes the empire. so, incom is always incorporated into what is essentially the empire. they couldn't really design the x wing, then.

gyar!!!

i feel as if a thousand voices cried out, and were suddenly silenced by the corruption of star wars canon.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:00 pm
I'm pretty sure Incom defected to the Rebellion...  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:04 pm
no, just the x-wing desgin staff. Incom made the Howlrunner for the imperial reminant when the emperor was reborn.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games