Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:43 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
its not on newstands, thats why i was asking if it existed.

maybe ill sign up for hyperspace.

its 20$ a year right?

It was, until they combined it with the Fan Club and SW Insider. Now it's $40 a year. xp Only bad thing about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:15 am
Still, $40 a year isn't too bad, at least if you've got a part-time job. I've thought about it, but I don't have anywhere to put the back issues, and I don't think I'd toss them.  

jedi_master_tenku

Flamer42

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:29 am
Shelf space...I need shelf space. No storage. The magazines are too good for that.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:52 am
I wished they still printed star wars gamer....I miss that mag...  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:42 am
what i wanna know is what happened to Tantives 1-3

xp  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:08 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
what i wanna know is what happened to Tantives 1-3

xp

And what the word "Tantive" means, anyway.  

Durza the Shade

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:58 pm
whenever i hear it, i think of "tentative" so i have this theory that they came up with Tantive as a temporary name for the ship, but then they decided to stick with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:17 pm
Okay, this theory of mine kinda steals from the Matrix.

It involves a Jedi hero, the "chosen one" who turns to the dark side, but is redeemed and comes back to the light just in time to destroy the dark. With this theory, there are multiple "chosen ones", some of which being:

Uliq Quel-Droma
Revan
Anakin Skywalker
Kyp Durron

I havent played KOTOR 2, so is the Exile a candidate for Chosen oneness?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Mercury33

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:39 am
Well, the Tantive is in RotS, so Tantive IV is probably just to replace either wrecked or obsolete Tantives, like an F-15 replaced the F-14, or the Queen Elizabeth II replaced the Queen Elizabeth (the boats, not the queens).  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:12 am
FrozenPhoenix32
Okay, this theory of mine kinda steals from the Matrix.

It involves a Jedi hero, the "chosen one" who turns to the dark side, but is redeemed and comes back to the light just in time to destroy the dark. With this theory, there are multiple "chosen ones", some of which being:

Uliq Quel-Droma
Revan
Anakin Skywalker
Kyp Durron

I havent played KOTOR 2, so is the Exile a candidate for Chosen oneness?
SPOILER ALERT!

In KOTOR 2, the exile is a Jedi that was casted out after going to war. During his/her exile, he/she loses connection to the Force, but slowly regains it as you progress through the game.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:35 am
okay so did the exile go dark?

and uh, mercury, that wasTantive IV in RotS  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:37 am
Was it? I haven't seen the film yet, so I'm going on the novelization, where Bail only calls it the Tantive.  

Mercury33

Mercury33

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:56 am
Alright, I'm gonna enter a topic that's been bothering me for a long time. Now, according to the movies, Qui-Gon Jinn discovered the idea of immortaility, or "becoming one with the Force." Although this has been shown happening in comics before RotS, the movies take precedence in any canon conflict because GL is a god.

Now my question is this: If Qiu-Gon discovered this technique, and this technique is accompanied by the disappearance of the Jedi Master's body, then why was it necessary to give him a funeral pyre at the end of tPM?

Along the same line, why was it necessary to give Anakin Skywalker a funeral pyre if he became one with the Force?

there are a lot more things confusing me about this, but that's enough for now.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:15 am
AFuneral Pyre is a Jedi tradition that is given to those who've fallen in battle. the body's consumption by the flames represented one being consumed back into the Force.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:05 pm
Right, but Qui-Gon shouldn't have needed fire, because if he became a Force Ghost, he was supposed to disappear like Obi-Wan and Yoda. That's the mystery, and if it's been solved, I don't know of it.

Anakin did disappear off-camera, by the way, they just burned his armor.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games