Welcome to Gaia! ::

~The Haven For Harry Potter Fanatics~

Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
The Great Hall (A meeting place for those of all Houses) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 168 169 170 171

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZackyBakerVengeance

Liberal Entrepreneur

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:02 pm
I think your right! We need to have more members and bring people into this wonderful guild! Tell everyone! Don't hold back!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:18 pm
I'm not quite sure what happened to this place. It's like the Third Wizard War struck or something!

With the upcoming release of Deathly Hallows pt.1 I know more intensest will spark, it was the same way here with all book and movie releases.

SuperKoolPartyGal

turayza

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:43 am
User Image LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH

Maybe we can attack the forums and try to recruit XD I feel like lots of people take the sorting hat quiz and then never post D: Quite confusing.
Maybe we could make a Deathly Hallows event? /brainstorm/

IT'S NOT THE YEARS IN YOUR LIFE THAT COUNTS. IT'S THE LIFE IN YOUR YEARS.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:54 pm
!!!! That is such a good idea!!! Go and steal members from other guilds! I feel so evil!!!! And a deathly hallows event would be a great idea!  

ZackyBakerVengeance

Liberal Entrepreneur

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:08 pm
The Great Hall seems a bit dead. I think you guys are right, we need to advertise. A Deathly Hallows event sounds like fun to me. Maybe an alternate ending contest? I know not a lot of people liked how Jo ended the series, so maybe we can give people control over how they thought it should end. Sorry to barge in... sweatdrop . I thought I should participate in something other than the Ravenclaw Common Room and the one word games...

jasperslamb: I'm Class of 2012 too. It's gonna be the best year ever according to my friends. xD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:31 pm
Wow... no post in over a month in here? That's insane...

Hi, guys!

I will be trying to be more active now since I have my computer back and a lot of free time on my hands.  

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200

SuperKoolPartyGal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:45 am
I can't complain with how Deathly Hallows ended...I got Ron and Hermione and all is good in Super's world...haha

I'm such a shipper. I'm Captain of the shipping, ship.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:14 am
Hello! Did ya miss me? razz

I want to apologise for being absent for the past few months, especially since I am a Head of House. After my grandfather passed away in March my parents needed to teach my grandmother how to handle even the simplest of affairs because Pop-Pop always took care of everything (For example, she didn’t know how to check her bank account online.) and then she moved in with them and my sisters. All of them together was (and still is) cramped, hence they sought a larger house. They found one close by and are in the process of getting contracts and loans approved. Once everything is in order, they’re all going to move. Naturally, I helped my family during this time, which took up my spring and summer.

I thought that when my new school semester commenced in September I would have more free time. Alas, it was not to be, for 3 of my 5 classes assign essays every single week! sad My previous semester was fairly simple aside from the finals, so I suppose it could be argued that I deserve this workload.

I have decided to reserve one day each month for Gaia. If I can find time between the reserved dates, then of course I will log on to participate in all of the wonderful guilds that I’m in, however, by having reservations I can at least guarantee that I will be on once per month to answer PMs, issue points at The Haven and Elves on Bookshelves, and supply a new monthly activity/contest while wrapping up the one I designed for the previous month.

Hopefully, this solution will work and be satisfactory for everyone. 3nodding

I announced the winners for the past two contests that had been on-hiatus for months, and updated the House Points so I encourage you to look at that after participating in the Halloween activity I am about to add in the Great Hall! razz  

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:24 am
pirate Halloween at Hogwarts 2010 Activity pirate
----------------------------------------------

It’s the spookiest time of year, so let’s share what things in the Potterverse frighten us!

Post in the Great Hall by the 4th of November to earn 5 House points!

Your post should include:

1) Your username

2) Your Hogwarts House

3) A Haven Halloween banner from here

4) Which scene(s) in the HP series caused your heart to pound with fear the 1st time you read/watched it exclaim

Have a safe and frightfully fun Halloween, dear Haven’ers!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:07 am
Alas, no one participated! sad I think it's because no one knew about it. Maybe I should have one of the vice captains to send out a guild announcement.  

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

PadfootsPet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:56 pm
Hey Guys! What did you all think of DH part one?!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:31 pm
I thought the movie was very good, and a lot more accurate than the previous Harry Potter movies. I picked up on a few changes that did not happen in the book, but over all I was happy with how they portrayed the first half of Deathly Hollows. I cried, jumped, and laughed, even though I knew all what was coming; that's a sign of a good movie. I briefly forgot it was only the first half of the movie, and was thoroughly upset when the screen went black. mrgreen Then I felt stupid.

The Deathly Hollows: +1

iTankByApple

PadfootsPet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:31 pm
I forgot it was the first half also! I'm so happy that I wasn't the only one!  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 168 169 170 171

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff