Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lloxie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:46 pm
Awww, Ed.... *hugs extra tightly and nuzzles* Sorry to hear that...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:50 pm
Lloxie

Yeah, me too. *hugs and nuzzles*  

Eddily

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:25 pm
Eddily
Lloxie

Yeah, me too. *hugs and nuzzles*

*sighs* Yeah, we could all tell it was comming, was only a matter of when. I am still sorry thing had to be this way and I wont lie and say the pain will ever go away, but just know that you have all of us here to lean on and talk to if needed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:39 am
UglyCoyoteNG
Krissim Klaw
Well as I feared, I was forced to put my ferret Blade to sleep to day. I knew it needed to be done, that's why I made the appointment a week ago, but I guess part of me hoped that the vet would be able to do something more for him. Instead, he just confirmed what I already knew. I feel like I ought to say more, but I can't.
.:.snuggles up.:. Your such a strong pet owner, Kriss. I know quite a few owners hat wouldn't put they're pet to sleep, even if it was misserable, because they want to keep it alive. I know its hard loosing a pet, and you know eveyones here for you if you want to talk about anything, from whining to telling funny stories, or discussing things, eveyones here for you! I'm sorry this happened, but i'm sure it was for the best. Who better knows they're pet then they're closest human, after all.
Thanks NG. In some ways I think the ordeal might have been harder on my father. I had told him that I knew that was most likely what we would have to do, but I don't think he really thought it was going to happen. I think he was really set on thinking we would end up taking Blade back home with just and adjustment in the amount of medication he was taking. Both of my parents have gotten really close to Blade because they were taking care of him while I was at college. They also were the ones there to during the near death experience when he had his first attack. At the same time, I don't think either of them could really see the signs that it was time.

If nothing more I'm just glad I could be there with him when it was time. One of my greatest sorrows was that that when Duo his brother died, I was off at collge, and I wasn't able to say my goodbye's, or comfort him on his death day.

Thanks everyone else who has said kind words on the matter. It really does mean a lot to me.

On another note, sorry about the break up Eddilly.  

Krissim Klaw

Vashyyk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:16 am
sorry to hear that edd neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:00 am
Gah...relationships sicken me......

Okay, so here's the story. My 60-something-year-old grandmother just got married in January. This is something like hubby number 15...(MAYBE I'm exaggerating.... ninja Her first hubby was my grandfather, and they divored and he married Polly...I call them Pepere and Polly). She met the guy online about a year ago...he lives in PA, lives in VT. Now they're married. She's suddenly become COMPLETELY helpless without him! It's like, WTF, she's like a 3-year-old now!

Anyway, a month ago, we had my graduation for my associates from college. Pepere and Polly and Grandma B were there, as well as her new hubby Paul. After the ceremony, we all agreed to meet at Pepere and Polly's house to take pictures of the four grandkids, since it's so rare to get the four of us together since one of them lives in VA. So we waited, and waited, and waited at Pepere and Polly's, and my aunt decides that since she has to pick something up at Granda B's anyway, she'll just find out what's taking her...and when my aunt comes back she tells us that Grandma B had suddenly decided NOT to go.

That was a month ago, I know...so what am I ranting for? To be frank, I could care less about that...what pisses me off is the conversation I just had with her today:

Conversation

Grandma B says:
never did get copies of 4 grandkids

Grandma B says:
wish someone would send some to me

Manda says:
we waited for you at Pepere and Pollys....and then got tired and went home, since dad and i had an early start the next morning

Grandma B says:
nudge your aunt for me about it

Manda says:
ok

Grandma B says:
don't know if you can understand, but it was going to be awkward for Paul to be there

Grandma B says:
we do apologize for not calling and telling you

Manda says:
well, that's fine, but he didn't have to go.....you 2 aren't joined at the hip

Manda says:
i really didn't care, to be honest.....it had been a long day for everyone, and if you didn't wanna show, that was fine.....i was ready to go home anyway

Grandma B says:
we are ... sort of...

Manda says:

Manda says:
*blink*

Manda says:
BAD MENTAL IMAGES!!!!!!!!!!!

Grandma B says:
we are a perfect match for each other and I would have been lost without him if I had gone alone

Manda says:
oh, c'mon....you'd done it before......and besides, what are we, strangers all of the sudden?

Grandma B says:
it is different for me now... I have someone in my life who really loves me

Manda says:
hey....WE really love you....

Grandma B says:
yep... I know that.... but a spouse is different... heck.. I knew you wouldn't understand... lol

Manda says:
if i ever get to the point of never being able to go anywhere without my spouse, i think i'd rather not have one

Grandma B says:
lol

Grandma B says:
we are newlyweds

Grandma B says:
besides I have been alone for so long that I really appreciate having someone to be with

Manda says:
haven't you done the newlywed thing already?

Grandma B says:
nope... we are still honeymooners... lol

Manda says:
for 7 months.....?

Manda says:
*shudder*

Grandma B says:
6 months this June 14

Manda says:
whatever

Manda says:
6 and a half

Grandma B says:
hey... wish the same for you some day

Manda:
please dont....

If I EVER get to the point where I become so dependent on my spouse for self esteem, shoot me, please! She can't even go see FAMILY without him anymore....grrr....

So yea, relationships sicken me. burning_eyes

/rant.

Thanks for dealing with me, guys.... sweatdrop  

Manda_Tifa

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:12 am
Manda_Tifa
lots of ranty text

Wow, my mate and I are not even that bad. Close, but not that bad about it.

But your grandmother is right, if you ever find yourself in a truly loving relationship you will understand better how you want to be with that person almost all the time. And it isn't so much a dependancy for self-esteem as it is just wanting to be together because you make each other feel better.

Though I think it is pretty bad she just skiped out on you like that. Couples, even deep loving and caring ones, do not need to be together all the time and it is pretty bad when you are standing up your own grand-daughter.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:24 am
Diana Vulpes
Manda_Tifa
lots of ranty text

Wow, my mate and I are not even that bad. Close, but not that bad about it.

But your grandmother is right, if you ever find yourself in a truly loving relationship you will understand better how you want to be with that person almost all the time. And it isn't so much a dependancy for self-esteem as it is just wanting to be together because you make each other feel better.

Though I think it is pretty bad she just skiped out on you like that. Couples, even deep loving and caring ones, do not need to be together all the time and it is pretty bad when you are standing up your own grand-daughter.
But she's 60-something! I was really close with my boyfriend before, the one I was living with, but I never skipped out on family just cause he didn't feel like it. The only time I ever skipped out because of him was not cause I didn't wanna go, but because I didn't have a ride to the event. But she had the choice....and...well....isn't she old enough to know better?!

Not to mention, this isn't the first time she was like this....this is husband number umpteen.... rolleyes You'd think she'd catch on at some point....  

Manda_Tifa

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:01 pm
Krissim Klaw
UglyCoyoteNG
Krissim Klaw
Well as I feared, I was forced to put my ferret Blade to sleep to day. I knew it needed to be done, that's why I made the appointment a week ago, but I guess part of me hoped that the vet would be able to do something more for him. Instead, he just confirmed what I already knew. I feel like I ought to say more, but I can't.
.:.snuggles up.:. Your such a strong pet owner, Kriss. I know quite a few owners hat wouldn't put they're pet to sleep, even if it was misserable, because they want to keep it alive. I know its hard loosing a pet, and you know eveyones here for you if you want to talk about anything, from whining to telling funny stories, or discussing things, eveyones here for you! I'm sorry this happened, but i'm sure it was for the best. Who better knows they're pet then they're closest human, after all.
Thanks NG. In some ways I think the ordeal might have been harder on my father. I had told him that I knew that was most likely what we would have to do, but I don't think he really thought it was going to happen. I think he was really set on thinking we would end up taking Blade back home with just and adjustment in the amount of medication he was taking. Both of my parents have gotten really close to Blade because they were taking care of him while I was at college. They also were the ones there to during the near death experience when he had his first attack. At the same time, I don't think either of them could really see the signs that it was time.

If nothing more I'm just glad I could be there with him when it was time. One of my greatest sorrows was that that when Duo his brother died, I was off at collge, and I wasn't able to say my goodbye's, or comfort him on his death day.

Thanks everyone else who has said kind words on the matter. It really does mean a lot to me.

On another note, sorry about the break up Eddilly.

I'm sorry about your ferret Krissim. But when you start asking yourself "when" you should put them down, it usually means that "now" is the best time, even though they look good and are doing well on their medication, it just won't get any better.

Reminds me of my guinea pig...I was very hesitant on putting her to sleep because she was healthy looking, but she was lethargic and wouldn't eat or drink. On the day that I finally decided to put her down, she died right before we went into the exam room.

This may not apply to Blade since he is a ferret, but I love this poem and I got it from the "Pointer's hunting journal"

A Dog's Prayer

by Beth Norman Harris

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of mine.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though you had no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshipper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest -- and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:59 pm
Rainey_angel81

I'm sorry about your ferret Krissim. But when you start asking yourself "when" you should put them down, it usually means that "now" is the best time, even though they look good and are doing well on their medication, it just won't get any better.

Reminds me of my guinea pig...I was very hesitant on putting her to sleep because she was healthy looking, but she was lethargic and wouldn't eat or drink. On the day that I finally decided to put her down, she died right before we went into the exam room.

What was hard about the decission of when for Blade, was he wasn't showing an obvious signs. He wasn't showing any blatant signs of pain. He was eating ad drinking normally. We knew the medication would not make him better however. It was just to buy him time. He had inslinoma (however you spell it) so the meds was just to regulate his sugar level since tumors were preventing his body from doing that on its own. Thankfully, even if it did kill him, it would he would have gotten lethargic, fallen into a deep sleep probably with some ciesures and died because his body would have shut down. There really wouldn't have been much if any pain though because the lack of sugar would have but him in a deep sleep during it. At first they did their job well. they kept his sugar regulated and he recovered his energy and was playful and loved to come out as much as you would expect an old grampa ferret of his age to be.

Of course, naturally I would want to be there and make it as quick as possible if things changed. That's why I set up the appointment to go in when I knew it was just time. The last week I could tell he was slowly getting more lethargic, and the quality of life was dropping to much to have him continue.

We were planning to have a blood test done when going first though to see if it might just be the fact his medication needed to be changed. He was gaining wheight so his medication would need to be up to make sure it was doing its job. My dad's big hope was that was all it was and he would perk up again. I had a feeling though that it was more than just that. It was actually nice in a way my thoughts were confirmed by the fact his tumor had gotten massive. So we had it done.

He was such a sweet boy which is why I think he lasted as long as he was. He just loved everyone in the family and I think he would have kept trying to live till he had no choice if for nothing more than to make everyone else happy. Without putting him down, I would guess he probably would have made it a month or twoo before the sickness took him. At least now though he is with his brother.

Edit- That is a pretty poem Rain.  

Krissim Klaw

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:31 pm
User Image
Goodbye.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:34 pm
WTF? Why? sad  

Af Mas

Eddily

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:35 pm
NG's leaving?... sad  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:42 pm
Where's NG going?  

Rainey_angel81

punchIT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:14 am
crying I knew something was up... When will you be back, where are you going? @_@
If this is permanant there will be hell to pay NG. YOU CAN'T RUN FROM ME! I HAVE YOUR NUMBER!  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games