Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:02 pm

1. The Federation are stupid.
2. Interfacing with the borg is extremely difficult and coding a virus their system would accept, equally difficult. You'd need to have a borg to do it.

Actually now that I think about it, wasn't the implantation of a simple command (Sleep) how the Federation defeated the first borg invasion? Didn't they also say that more important systems were protected by encryptions. If they had time to break the encryptions they could have done as I suggested, but they didn't have that sort of time.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:18 pm

Exactly.

Though I'm using weaponry targeted specifically for the mind. Don't worry. I'll give out the weaknesses of the weapons when they come out. I still have development issues.

Of course, everyone's hell-bent to stop the threat before it even is concieved, so I don't know how that will work out. I've made sure that everything i've done so far has no links to the Sith, as an attempt to stall for time.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:41 pm

Nelowulf
My only clue for you about my supersoldiers:

Look at the flood. Study them. Then think about how Ferno acts. He isn't making a core army, but he will have a legion of these engineered soldiers.

Don't trust technology, either. They have a most exploitable weakness.

Hell, I could have told you that.
Everything has a weakness somewhere.
I'd just rather foil your deeds in the making before it comes to that.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:55 pm

Nelowulf
Though I'm using weaponry targeted specifically for the mind.

Psyionic arms? Excellent... lol

I know exactly how to counter that. twisted

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:56 pm

what? lead helmits?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:04 pm

No... you're talking about a weapon that effects brainwaves, probably a low level EMP wave, perhaps causing madness... Of course to affect all species it have to have some sort of wide band of effect, in each species the effects will be different.

Psionic disruptors... basically jammers for mind waves. Cyberization would also be able to stop the effects. Droids would be completely unimpaired from such weapons too... Perhaps some special form of DEMP shielding around the brain sorta like your lead helmets. Also battle meditation would probably work as a counter as well... hard to say for sure though.

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:08 pm

what about thick skulled alien races?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:12 pm

No good... EMP penetrates almost everything, you could shoot a psioninc beam at a starship and cause the crew to go mad... it'd go right through the hull completely unfazed. Shields are another matter, ray shielding would at least scramble and distort the pulse maybe even block it.

So, grab a personal ray shield, modify it to cover the energy frequency used by your enemies and you're good to go.

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:14 pm

well thank goodness for Light shields then.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:15 pm

Unless you're trying to block a signal from a generator the size of a house that should offer some protection.

Quote:
He paused as a Reptiloid hurled the unconcious body of a Sith out the door of a Docking bay.

Link blinked.
"Only on Ord Mantell." He found himself saying.

rofl xd

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:05 pm

Except what happens when the weapon is your own mind? The only way to jam it is jam your own thoughts.

I'm talking neurological damage through a multi-stage process. And its not designed for madness. Its designed to attack the sole source of energy provided by the mind.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:12 pm

So, what to do about the Geonosis moon thing? ^^;;

AFK Masturbating

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:57 am

On what?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:57 am

She's talking about something else.
Not related to you.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:58 am

Oh.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games