Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trickblues

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:43 pm
User Image
User Image
Show the world you've got that fire (fire)
Feel the rhythm getting louder
Show the room what you can do
Prove to them you got the moves
I don't know about you,

User Image
Halfblood | Second Year Slytherin | Twelve Years Old
Quidditch Announcer | Reserve Chaser | Music Club | Dueling Club | Fencing Club
September 1, 2046 Great Hall With: Snooks
Wearing: School Robes Status: "Peanut butter's so good though!"

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Rhea had started the evening with a valiant effort to at least say hello to each first year August shook hands with. After all, she was sitting right next to him. It would have been rude to snub the younger students! Early on, a boy named Sheldon Delacroix—wasn’t his name Eion?!—was sorted, and Rhea found herself giggling at August’s thumbs up stamp of approval. ‘How cute.’
After catching sight of Brook and Aidene at the Ravenclaw table further away she flagged them down for their attention and held up her planner, a glitter-penned note of “I MISS YOU :’(“ in large, tidy pink cursive on one of her “Notes” pages. Time with August was fun, but she was already missing the commotion of her best girls.

She’d maintained the night’s mission up until the letter M’s, when it finally hit her mid-doodle that during the events of the train, she had completely forgotten to write her class schedule into her planner so she could determine her study time, free periods, and dance practices. “Shoo, shoot, shoot!” She murmured under her breath and got straight to work, abandoning the greetings for the rest of the night. She’d catch the kids later in the dungeons. Maintaining her routine was of the upmost importance, and she would not start the first day of classes a mess! It was when she was marking the date of The Daily Dragon’s first meeting that she had realized she forgot something during the train. “Oh, right! August!” Reaching down into her backpack stowed under the table, she pulled a little box wrapped in yellow fabric and sat it in front of him. “I missed your birthday, so… Here! I hope you like them. I, um… Couldn’t test them myself, so. I hope they turned out okay.” After consulting Sonora for treat preferences early in the Summer, it took a lot of practice to make the almond cookies just right, then using them for little sandwiches with marshmallow and peanut butter. It was like a super weird oreo!

She wished she could have tested them herself, but Jonah wasn’t about to let her get away with the peanut butter on his watch. Darn killer allergies.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Assume any first year with a last name before M got a hello from Rhea :p

But I feel better when I'm dancing, yeah, yeah
Better when I'm dancing, yeah, yeah
And we can do this together
I bet you feel better when you're dancing, yeah, yeah

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:50 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
fourth year || Slytherin || muggleborn
Daily Dragon writer || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

August replied with a curt nod to Vespera's customary poke before refocusing on the Sorting. After the last few names had been sorted-- and his younger cousin had so quickly dismissed him-- August retired to actually sitting at his spot. He'd barely set his pen down when Rhea presnted him with an adorable yellow-wrapped box-- this was...a birthday present?

'O-oh," he replied, surprised she'd found and remembered his birthday at all. He did always love her Christmas cookie gifts and smiled at this new one. "Thank you, Rhea. May I open it?" Her comment about not being able to try them alarmed him for a little-- 'You made me peanut butter?" Clearly though, she had the sense not to taste test herself.

Inside the box, August was surprised to find adorable little sandwiches made of... almond cookies, marshmallows and peanut butter? He held one up, intrigued. They vaguely reminded him of macaroons, but the way they were constructed, with slightly-melted marshmallow bits, seemed more s'mores like. Clearly, Rhea had consulted Sonora on his secret love of campfire s'mores.

He picked one up to try then set it down again. "After dinner," he said with an almost-disappointed sigh. The Opening Feast would start any moment, and he was not keen to ruin his appetite by snacking on adorable cookies. In any case, August would have to keep an eye out for a proper gift for the Princess's own birthday. He had found a book on mermaids, but he didn't want for it to seem like he was assigning extra reading again like last year. No no, he would have to head to Hogsmeade soon and find some kind of proper gift.

"Rhea, this looks amazing." he replied, genuinely touched she had gone to the effort of making him such a thoughtful gift. "Thank you."

setting Slytherin Table, Sorting Feast 2046 || with Rhea, first years
wearing uniform +glasses || status Princess Rhea and the delicious cookies returns

User Image User ImageUser Image

As a child you would wait
And watch from far away
But you always knew that you'd
be the one to work while they all play.
In youth, you'd lay
Awake at night and scheme
Of all the things you would change
But it was just a dream

"Warriors" by Imagine Dragons, from League of Legends, cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
Priscilla Richardson - Connelly
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifteen Years Old - Pureblood
Twin & Step Sister

Location : Great Hall - Slytherin Table (2046 Sorting Feast)

Priscilla sat that the slytherin table with a scowl on her face. She was staring over at her sister in loathing. If she hadn’t of been all we need to be nicer to Stella, she wouldn’t have gotten in trouble. Charlotte’s grades could be absolutely horrible, and their mother would have just brushed it under the rug. But when she was the one who got the bad grades, it was be locked in a room and forced to study till she retained it. The fact that Charlotte was mother’s favourite was notable. Given that they were twins it sucked.

Her step sister on the other hand was probably the worst consider she was the only one who made Prefect. Though mother hardly cared, it didn’t put her any higher on her mother’s list. She should have expected Professor Hill would never pick her. She hated his class and it wasn’t any secret. That’s how Priscilla wrote that horror off. Course she had to live with a prefect in the family that wasn’t her.

To be fair Priscilla was looking forward to being back at school just to get away from the conflict at home. However, it also meant she had to study and do well. All things she didn’t want to work towards. Her mother was completely two faced on that one; your classes are useless but do well in them. Honestly either they mattered, or they didn’t which ever it was, she really needed to pick one. Priscilla was sick of it.

Company : Slytherins...

OOC : Open for interaction...

You'd do well to mind your manners, girl
                                                  Impatience will get you nowhere
                                                  But, you are quite right,
                                                  I think you'll learn your lesson well in
                                                  Slytherin!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:24 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFifth Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"A healer is someone who seeks to be the light"▬▬

Vespera really liked this young girl, she was so sweet and adorable, and this girl was going places. "Well, I'll have to keep an eye out for Zephyr won't I? I'm sure we'll see quite a bit of each other in the common rooms. Maybe her and Lyra will befriend each other? Not sure on how well Lyra attends to other creatures, she's only ever around other dog-like creatures and Jonah's owl." Vespera groaned a bit when Hera asked what year she was in, "It's my fifth year. Hera, don't grow up. Just thinking about OWLs is stressing me out, and the lessons haven't even started!" Vespera knew she would be fine with her OWLs, after studying so much last year, but her future depended on these grades, how could one NOT be stressed about the tests?

▬▬ "that she wishes she had in her darkest moments." ▬▬

Where: Great Hall, Sorting Feast
With Whom: Slytherins
Thinking about: A first year approached me? <3 The honor
Vespera Description: Short 4'9", blond hair, green eyes
Wearing: School robes
OOC:

shinesnowillusion

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

shinesnowillusion

Seasonal Pumpkin

9,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:43 pm
User Image

User Image

`.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯``•• .¸¸.´`.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.´`.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.´

Location | Great Hall
Company | Other Slytherins
Feeling | Great, prideful
Thoughts | Maybe friend?
Wearing | First year robes,

XXXXXXXXXX"This is a new place for her, so she may not come to you yet or anyone for that matter, but she'll warm up to you eventually. For a Lyra, I am not sure, but hopefully. She have only been around another cat and a raven, but that's about it. Now Zephyr likes to snuggle, so if Lyra likes to snuggle, they may get along." Hera smiled for a second and heard the groan and frowned. Maybe asking her what year she was really took a toll on her? Oh a fifth year and OWLs were kicking her tail. "You got this. I will eventually be in your boat and I know I got it, too. How long until the OWLs? You got time right?"

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:35 am
User Image
                                              ╔═════════════════════════╗
                                              Hailey Scheer
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Slytherin - Muggleborn
                                              ╚═════════════════════════╝

Hailey shook the blond’s hand and nodded in response to his question. “Extremely. It’s nice to no longer be nervous about where you’ll be placed.” Although the sorting was over, the feast had yet to begin. That was the first year’s next concern considering she had lunch pretty early on in their train ride. When As had turned to another boy, who had introduced himself as Wren and shook her hand, Hailey averted her attention back to Aspen. Ooh, that could get confusing if they both went by As, she realized, making a mental note to next call Aspen ‘As’ since she wasn’t the one who had introduced herself by that name. Was As even short for anything? She couldn’t recall the boy’s full name when he was called up to be sorted, but she rarely remembered names unless they stood out to her or she knew the person.

Hailey nodded quickly. She didn’t really have an answer as to whether or not she was proud to be in Slytherin – she was a muggleborn. All she knew about Hogwarts was what her brother had disclosed to her. “I suppose I am,” she answered before tilting her head slightly to the side. “How did you know you were going to be sorted into Slytherin?” she asked curiously. Was there a pre-sorting she could do to see which house she was most likely to end up in? It couldn’t have been a family thing, since her twin sister was sorted elsewhere. A moment later, a redhead girl had piped up and joined Wren and As’ conversation. How strange, Hailey hadn’t noticed her sitting there before.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Two, four, six, eight!
                                              Who do we appreciate?

Trickblues
addaellis
Miss GryffindorK
Diamond Wales

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Trickblues

shinesnowillusion

kiska166

addaellis

Miss GryffindorK!

Diamond Wales

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinny was enjoying the opportunity to just completely pig out. Not that he was under fed he sometimes liked to be full to the point of regretting it later. He was plenty big enough to need to pack the calories. Going for helping number five (the plates were too small!) He figured this would be good so he have room to eat diabetes inducing amounts of desert. Many ice creams, cakes and tarts later Vinny was finally too full.

Now it was time to lead the first years. The girl prefect thought it best if he did as he was so blasted tall. He carefully getting up from the table and whistled to get the first years to look. "Hey first years! Look alive! Now that you're all fed it time to head to our common room." He said with a smile, hoping his size didn't scare anyone. "My name is Vincent Cloutier but just call me Vinny. Me and Wanda here are two of the prefects for Slytherin. Line on up by me and I'll show us the way." He waited for the first years to like up noticing they basically reached his belt line or a bit taller. "Now I shouldn't be too hard to lose of you do the hospital wing is labeled and can help check your eyes otherwise I'm the tallest one here." Vinny joked hoping it be well received. With that he gestured for them to follow

exit to The Dungeon Staircase

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Vinny
xxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Sorting
xxxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I just want to eat and go to bed

Aeryn was glad to be back at school. After a full summer of dealing with a baby and a toddler screaming, she was ready to be able to sleep in peace. She had spent the train ride alternating between sleeping and being grumpy that she was awake. When they got close, she dressed and tied her hair up in a messy braid. Brown eyes looked at their own reflection, the redhead sighing softly. She rooted through her pocket and grabbed her contact case, taking out her contacts with a sigh. Her eyes were so itchy. She put her glasses on, looking at her reflection. She'd gotten a new pair over the summer, and she was surprised that she liked them.

When the train came to a stop she followed her friends off, joining Vinny in a squished up carriage. The duo snuggled up on their ride to the school, Aeryn humming softly. When they arrived at the school, she clambered down, nearly falling out of the carriage and onto the path. Luckily, she was caught by Vinny, who had much better reflexes. The two walked into the school, and Aeryn found a spot at the table. She didn't want to be too close to the incoming firsties, despite knowing it was part of Vinny's job to care for them. Ugh, she had to sit through the ever-long sorting ceremony before she could eat. She sighed, looking around the room, grumbling something about fingerprints on her lenses.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Kungfudemoness

I ᴍᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, I ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ, I sᴛɪʟʟ ᴍᴇss ᴜᴘ ʙᴜᴛ I'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ʜɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ. I ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ɴᴇxᴛ
Bɪʀᴅs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ꜰʟʏ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ. Nᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴs ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Nᴏ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀɪʟ
I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs, I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:29 pm
User Image

i s x i t x t r u e x ? - - -
f i r s t x y e a r x s l y t h e r i n
s l y t h e r i nx t a b l e
o t h e r x s l y t h e r i n s
s o r t i n g x c e r e m o n y

Forrest stepped down from the platform, making his way toward the Slytherin table. He shot a glance toward his sister, who was clapping and whooping for him all the way from the Hufflepuff table. He smiled broadly, she was glad she was happy. His parents would be proud too. Not that they wouldn't be if he had been sorted anywhere else, but he just liked the thought of them being proud of him being sorted into Slytherin. He took a seat at the table and brushed out his newly green and silver robes before turning his attention back to the head table, ready to listen to the headmaster's speech.

ooc: open for interaction!

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ - - - - - - - - - - - - i f x i t ' s x t r u e x w h a t x t h e y x s a y x , x i s x t h i s x h o w x t h e x w o r l d x i s ? - - - - - - - - - - - -❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:40 pm
User Image
                                                I used to roll the dice
                                                Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
                                                Listened as the crowd would sing
                                                Now the old king is dead long live the king

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════
                                                Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                ════════════════════════

Timothy had been watching the sorting quietly, noting where people went. However, when the stool was placed away, he stood patiently and walked over to the podium. He looked over the crowd of assembled students, ready to welcome them to the new school year. "Hello everyone, and welcome back for a new school year. For those that are just now beginning their education at Hogwarts, I would like to extend a welcome and hope they are diligent in their studies. However, before we begin the feast and forget what needs to be stated, I must make the usual school announcements. There is to be no magic used in between classes in the halls, and under no circumstances should you enter the Forbidden Forest unless you wish to shorten your lifespan by a number of years. The other school rules are posted for people to peruse at their leisure, but considering these are the most frequent violations, I must bring them up here. Now, let us sit back, tuck in, and enjoy the feast before the evening ends." Timothy took a seat, ready himself to eat.

════════════════════════

Thinking: New year, new faces...
                                                OOC:

One minute I held the key
                                                Next the walls were closed on me
                                                And I discovered that my castles stand
                                                Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:02 am
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃User Image
Sixth Year Slytherin

▬▬"A healer is someone who seeks to be the light"▬▬

Leaving the carraiges and arriving at the school, Vespera sat near her fellow sixth years. Wow they were already sixth years, the time flew by. She saw Aeryn put her glasses on and smirked, "I see you're still styling the glasses look, Aeryn. You're not going to panic again this year when you inevitably lose them, are you? I mean, maybe those won't be as bad to lose, they're still hideous of course, anything on you would be, but they're an improvement of last years glasses." In all honesty, Aeryn's glasses weren't that bad, but come on, Vespera could not let her friendship with Aeryn be out in the public, they had a reputation to maintain!

She looked at Vinny, then back to Aeryn, "So, what classes are you two lovebirds taking this year? Personally, I wish I could have dropped DADA, but you need a NEWT in it to get into healing professionally. I am pretty excited about apparition though. Too bad we can't apparate in grounds, we could just... poof. Be in classes without waking up early."

▬▬ "that she wishes she had in her darkest moments." ▬▬

Where: Sorting
With Whom: Aeryn and Vinny
Thinking about: I should complment her glasses when we get to the dorms
Vespera Description: Short 4'9", blond hair, green eyes
Wearing: School robes

Miss GryffindorK

_____

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:33 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                      σн, нσω иσω؟
                                                      нαяνєѕт ѕєє∂ѕ ιи ѕυммєя ∂яσωи
                                                      тнє fιяѕт σf мαу σи тнє 'мσяяσω'ѕ ℓιgнт
                                                      уєт gσ∂ѕ σи нιgн вяιиg αи¢ιєит иιgнт
                                                      αυтυми'ѕ fяσѕт αи∂ ωιитєя'ѕ вαℓм
                                                      нανє ¢σмє αи∂ gσиє ωιтн αяι∂ ѕυи

spaceLucia smiled when she was sorted into her parent's house, a self-satisfied sort of glint in her eye. They would be happy, she hoped. She knew that there was some baggage associated with Slytherin house, both in her family and in general. But, she liked to think that this just meant she could carry on her parent's legacy of Slytherins who were distinctly good, rather than contributing to the bad apples. Hopefully they would see it that way as well. She was sure her brother was happy for her, at least.

spaceShe approached the Slytherin table with measured steps, quickly finding and sitting across from her fellow first year. She took a moment to try and remember his name, before sitting across from him and offering her hand.
                                                      "Hello," she said. "My name is Lucia Edgeworth." His, she was fairly certain, was Forrest. Adelgrief. Unless she'd misheard. It was a bit loud in the Great Hall, even with most everyone trying to be somewhat quiet to hear the sorting. But, he was her housemate, and they would be sharing lessons for the next seven years, so if she was wrong, she wanted to make sure she corrected that immediately.

ωє'ℓℓ ѕιиg тσ тнσѕє ωнσм ωє нσℓ∂ ∂єαя
                                                      σf σя¢нαя∂ тσмвѕ ωнєяє ∂єαтн ℓιєѕ иєαя
                                                      σf вαяяєи єαятн αи∂ σяρнαиє∂ ѕυи
                                                      σf ¢яσρ-уιєℓ∂ѕ ρяσмιѕє∂; ѕтιℓℓ тσ ¢σмє
                                                      ωιℓℓ тнєу ∂αи¢є ωιтн υѕ тнιѕ иιgнт؟
                                                      тнє αиѕωєя ℓιєѕ ωιтн ѕυммєяιѕℓє

wнere - Slytherin Table
                                                      wнen - Sorting Ceremony 2047
                                                      wιтн - Forrest
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

rawwry

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:08 pm
User Image

i s x i t x t r u e x ? - - -
f i r s t x y e a r x s l y t h e r i n
s l y t h e r i nx t a b l e
o t h e r x s l y t h e r i n s
s o r t i n g x c e r e m o n y

Forrest glanced up as the other first year sat across from him. He looked her over, admittedly, he hadn't really been paying attention to names during the ceremony. But in his defense, he figured he would learn names in classes, rather than trying to memorize everyone at once. "Hi," he said as he shook her hand, "Forrest Adelgrief, pleasure to meet you." Forrest made sure to commit her name to memory. She would probably be the most important name to remember, as they were the only two Slytherins in their year, he figured they would probably be spending the most amount of time together. Hopefully, they got along.

Forrest glanced up as Headmaster Steele gave a speech and then the feast appeared on the table. He grinned as he filled his plate with food. He looked back at Lucia, maybe he should take a page out of his sister's book and drum up a conversation. "Are you excited for school to start? I think I might like charms or something," he asked. Forrest felt it was a little bland, but it was all he could think of to say.

ooc: open for interaction!

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ - - - - - - - - - - - - i f x i t ' s x t r u e x w h a t x t h e y x s a y x , x i s x t h i s x h o w x t h e x w o r l d x i s ? - - - - - - - - - - - -❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:51 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
fifth year || Slytherin prefect || muggleborn
Daily Dragon managing editor || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

August took his usual place towards the end of the table where he could greet the new arrivals to Slytherin with a proper handshake and ”Welcome to Slytherin”. This year he took the greeting with particular care— it was, after all, the duty of a prefect.

But fifth year was also OWLs and even though August had been studying for these darned exams since last year, being actually on campus, knowing that at the end of the year would be the biggest exams thus far, also made him feel like he should be spending every waking second studying or practicing. He overheard Vespera discussing classes with Aeryn and Vinny and panicked momentarily— NEWTs! He hadn’t even thought about NEWTs studying yet! The green and silver banners hanging over their table felt like they were piled on his back, and every first year name he wrote down felt like another banner that he had to protect and guide. This was his job now.

Thankfully, there seemed to be a smaller crew of new snakes than previous years. Towards the end of the evening, August glanced over and caught Mallaidh’s eye to see ascertain she was ready. They’d talked and exchanged congratulations on the train, and now was time for their first official prefect responsibility.

“Slytherin first years, your attention please!” August stood up, raising his hands and speaking loudly enough to be heard. “ Once again, welcome to Hogwarts School and congratulations on being sorted into Slytherin House! My name is August Li, and my friend Mallaidh O’Hannigan and I have the privilege of being among your House Prefects this year. In about five minutes we will be leading you to the Slytherin common room and dormitories. Please be ready!”

He sat down again and finished his own food quickly before moving towards the end of the table. He did an extra count for all the new first years, reviewing their names against his notebook. ”Slytherin first years--this way please!”

setting Slytherin Table, Sorting 2047 || with Slytherin Students
wearing uniform, immaculately pressed with a shiny new prefect pin || status Responsibility and Duty and Expectation

[quote'="Cara MiaKitty"] for Lucia Edgeworth, but also Mallaidh
[quote'="Rawwry"] for Forrest Adelgrief

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where dead man called out
For his love to flee.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree (yr 4)

"The Hanging Tree" by James Newton Howard, cover by Peter Hollens

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:00 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
sixth year || Slytherin Prefect || muggleborn
Daily Dragon managing editor || Language club captain || Quidditch Announcer

NEWTs preparation for one August Li had begun as soon as possible after OWLs. Granted, he’d spent the last few weeks of his fifth year very sick, but had managed to get copies of sixth and seventh year syllabuses to make a rough studying timeline and list of texts to borrow or buy. He had even managed to sneak a copy of Arithmancer Bridget Wenlock’s theorem about the magical properties of the number seven in for “light reading”--he’d read translations of Wenlock’s original theorem, of course, but had been reading this short book for insight into the possible uses of the number seven in crafting more stable or potent potions. You know, light reading. That was all the work Princess Rhea would allow him to do while sick, and he had complied, too tired to do much more.

The point was, August had been studying diligently for NEWTs the entire summer, and being back at Hogwarts just meant prefect patrols instead of dance class, and Daily Dragon writing instead of creative short stories. Some things had no equivalent-- Quidditch Announcing didn’t parallel with talking to his uncle or painting with his grandmother. The languages were different-- English and whatever language club was doing instead of Chinese and Bangla. He talked about these differences openly enough.

But still, being back at school meant a return of his mentoring responsibilities. Tonight, he set his reading aside-- literally, he had set Magical Education Around the World to the side when the Sorting started-- to do his usual roster-making of all the new students in Slytherin and greeting new students.

There were other things he didn’t talk about, like what those conversations with family were about or why he only had snippets of stories now. As much as August had mastered a purely “professional” mask and tone of voice, any observant friend could tell he was more stiff than usual, paying apparently rapt attention to the Sorting.

setting Sorting 2048 || with Slytherin House
wearing uniform +glasses || status Focusing on the new students now.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Even now as I write this down
All pretensions disappear
Now our impulses will bite
At the ankles of our fear
You're connected to the heart
But tonight we'll set you free

"Swallow the Knife" by Story of the Year , cover by Peter Hollens

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games