Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
Get to Know the Members! (Old) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ciroushi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:36 pm
Name: Yukinabe
Name's Origin: I got this name from a random name generator on Google.
Hobbies: Reading, Tae-Kwon-Do, playing video games, dancing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:35 pm

Hello my name is Lateralus, or Lattie if you need to cut it down and give me a nickname.

I think I joined this guild over a year ago, but left Gaia for quite awhile almost immediately after I did, more or less for an RP imagine that.

Anyways I've been role playing since I was 12 and at the ripe old age of 25 I'd like to think that I have a good amount of experience behind me, although the majority of it comes from AOL chat rooms that were created specifically for RPing. I've only been doing forum based for four years now and find that both have strengths and weaknesses, but I tend to lean to forum RPs as being the better.

While most people will approach RPs in different ways I find that I focus very heavily on plot more than anything. I can't stay in a game if there isn't a main overall conflict that other characters must solve and get wrapped up in. I can't stand to see RPs where all that is happening is happy go lucky interacting with one another or RPs where the only aim is romance. Give me something to wrap my brain around and get creative with! If I have to do research that's also a plus. Plots that involve a lot of time and effort to make them as seamless as possible are absolute gems.

Now granted I'm sure I have to prove myself to the admin and guild moderators but I'd love to have the opportunity to share my experience with everyone. Anyways thanks for taking the time to read about me. ; )

Lateralus Helica

simplisticStar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:55 pm
If you want to call me anything just call me Kaede or Alice. Either work just fine because I'll know who you're talking to. I haven't Role played as much as some of the others in the guild but from what I have done it's a good way to improve creativity and writing skills. I watch a lot of anime and read a good amount of manga. Music inspires me most of the time and otherwise I get inspiration in the middle of the night, oftentimes strange though. Thank you for reading this and have a good night.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:13 pm
Well, I guess you can call me Buddha. I RPed a while back on the forums of a game thats long dead called Dark Age of Wythia. I enjoyed taking my in-game character and bringing him to life along with other people who felt that way too. I stopped RPing when the game died because I didn't really feel the same spark with any other place I tried. So after about 5-6 years and a lot of growing up I think I wanna give it another go. Gaia seems to be a good place for it, and since I've just yet to find an RP I could just hop right in I figured now would be a good time to introduce myself. I'm contemplating a character profile right now, so maybe sometime soon I can get it posted and see what y'all think wink  

BuddhaRhythmic

Lady Silly Goose

Beloved Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:06 am
Hello all! I am MiLynn Aiko and I have been in this guild for a while now and have been roleplaying for a while.. I have roughly 15 characters that I rp on somewhat of a daily basis in 9 different stories. Though I really think I have forgotten to actually introduce myself formally in this thread. I also have finally created somewhat of a successful level 2 rp, and am pretty proud of my accomplishment. I originally started rping when yahoo had the user chatrooms. I would rp in one of the anime based rp rooms.. If any of you were apart of it.. you'd probably know what t1, t2, t3 and para means.. wink wink

When they shut the user chats down due to stupid people and sickos ruining it for others.. i stopped rping for a few years, not really wanting to try the forum based because i was so used to instant replys.. After a few years, I finally decided to give it a try here on gaia.. Actually that was probably the best thing I did.. because replies can be pretty quick sometimes---nothing like a chatroom--but quick enough... So if you rp with me and you get a message from me after about a half a day waiting to let you know I posted, you now know the reason---slightly impatience.. but fear not! i am pretty patient.. just a little antsy and adhd...lol  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:52 am
Storywriter98967
Music inspires me most of the time and otherwise I get inspiration in the middle of the night, oftentimes strange though.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I use various songs and genres of music to set very specific moods which help's me to write. It's a psychological thing. ; )

MiLynn Aiko
After a few years, I finally decided to give it a try here on gaia.. Actually that was probably the best thing I did.. because replies can be pretty quick sometimes---nothing like a chatroom--but quick enough... So if you rp with me and you get a message from me after about a half a day waiting to let you know I posted, you now know the reason---slightly impatience.. but fear not! i am pretty patient.. just a little antsy and adhd...lol

Hey as long as it's not the type of thing where you demand everyone make 10-15 posts adv. lit. a day and then get angry when people are unavailable for whatever reason.

I find though that sometimes when you just have to have it doing light and very silly RPs that have no lit requirement often help pass the time.  

Lateralus Helica

NoriNekoNeon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:32 am
Hi! Im Tatsuo Ketsueki I realy love the idea of RP'ing but I never made it seriously and I have only a bit of RP'ing experience I hope to learn more about RP in this guild and make new friends. Sorry If my english is bad i'm portuguese and I have only three years of english lessons but I always had the best note on the tests.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:36 pm

•●______________________________________________

Hello everyone!

I'm Panties, Pants, or Madison. Whichever you prefer to address me as is suitable.
I have a few reasons for joining this guild. C: One of them being my want to improve my skills. I do love Roleplayling, and I think of it as a fun hobby.
I've been RP'ing for about a year or two. I'm only thirteen, you see. But don't let that change anything, okay?

My first RP experiences were in a chatroom with a few people I knew from an old website I went on. I then moved on to Gaia, and I've been on since.
I'll keep this at that, okay? I don't think a whole rambling post will do much.

But that's that, nice to meet you all. c: And I hope this will help me improve.

______________________________________________●•

running shoes

Fatcat

Motherglare

Fashionable Zealot

12,975 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:40 pm
Vye' alloe~

Pinipiarcci, or Pini-pi. I really don't care what I am referred to as long as I'm not constantly irritated >wink<

Hm.. I do consider myself to be at some point, literate.
I have a nasty habit of procrastinating, so do forgive me, friends, all the like. My goals in this guild.. Is to encounter at least half the members on the list in rps. If I meet all, that is fine actually. It's above my expectations~

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:59 pm
*takes a deep breath*

Okay, here goes. wink

I'm Kyrena, but typically go by Ky. (It's just easier for most people.) I'm very new to formalized RPing, be it chat-style, novel style (which I'm learning is referred to as Adv. Lit.), or other styles I haven't listed . . . and have almost no experience with it.

That's not to say that I'm a stranger to storytelling, taking on the persona of a different person for a while, or anything like that. Mostly, I'm a creator, and will be either writing, drawing, or designing something or other. I'm currently designing a world from the botom up (or top down, whichever direction you prefer) and since it just begs to be roleplayed in, I thought I'd better learn. 3nodding

Anyways . . . when I post in forums just to chat, I tend to type as I speak. Complete with asides, ellipses, emoticons, and actions . . . but please don't hold that against me. I promise I do have better grammar and know how to type in complete sentences. xd

Basically, I'm here to learn, make some new friends, that sort of thing. My time online is limited, so if I don't respond to a post, drop me a line via PM if you're one of those impatient types, and I'll let you know when I can respond.

(Oh, I also have dsylexic fingers, so if you see things transposed, it's just because my right hand is typing faster than my left and I didn't bother running my post through a word-processor. Just an FYI.)  

Kyrena Kalakali

Doctor Malpractice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:00 pm
Hi! I'm Doctor Malpractice. I'm fairly new to Gaia yet so any tips you have on generally making it in Gaia would be welcome in a PM sweatdrop I have RPed before but I can always get better; I am no expert. I enjoy playing brooding heroes, psycho/sociopaths, and/or people with interesting paths and different motives. In other words, I like to be the unusual character. I also am a geek. I like science, scifi, horror, and fantasy although generally anything can catch my interest.

Um, I'm not sure what else to say so... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:46 pm
Yo. I'm admiral Squish, or Eric. I'm good with either. I like to think of myself as lit-lit adv. Probably just on the high end of lit. Umm... I used to claim I was a writer, but nowadays I don't write pretty much at all, but I still love to RP. I'm in the Navy, so I don't always have a lot of time, but I will definitely try to be on and active as much as possible. I have a number of ideas I want to try out, so look forward to more than a little wierdness.  

Admiral Squish

astroninja1

Dedicated Guildsman

8,000 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:52 pm
hey, im astro. Im an anime and video game RPer. i joined so that I could try to improve the quality of my rp posts. I can be a bit inactive at times, but i will be posting at least a few times a week  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:58 pm
Yo, Xing Lynx here. So, I own a guild. It's going great Thank you. And I joined because you can't find any good RP's in forums and you syill cant here. I'm pretty disapointed with this guild. I was in here like 2 years ago before I really got into RPing and I quit of boredom which at this rate is going to happen again. Call me if you have a good non-fantasy RP going on.  

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Goodbye Frans

Wheezing Genius

4,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:26 pm
I'm Esper Daniel Drake. =) I'm an Advanced Roleplayer, and basically bored as hell with no life. D=

Not entirely.
But I tend to shoot for finding a good RP =) I do more Romance then anything.
But I'm also VERY good at doing deep fiction. Like Fallen Angels, and Demons and s**t. =D Vampires too. I can pull them off.
I am Pansexual if that matters any. D= And I'm too accepting of others. =D So don't mind me if I treat you like a BFFFE a few minutes after I meet you. o.o;
I'm an insomniac, and random as hell. o_o;
I'm Stoic. D= Sorry. But online I like to act less stoicish?

Anywai. Pleased to make the guilds acquaintance. Hope to get some good RP's rolling. o_o;

13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games