Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rodyn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:48 am
Siren Kijo
Guess that explains 1) why I am still alive and 2) why they made me squadron commander in the MMO I play... doesn't it...

And actually... it all depends on if I'm fighting 1v1 or in a massive furball. 1v1 I tend to be head-on... however in a furball, I shoot at whoever is on one of my pilot's six.

What MMO is that? I've been trying to find a decent one lately.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:50 am
Rodyn
Siren Kijo
Guess that explains 1) why I am still alive and 2) why they made me squadron commander in the MMO I play... doesn't it...

And actually... it all depends on if I'm fighting 1v1 or in a massive furball. 1v1 I tend to be head-on... however in a furball, I shoot at whoever is on one of my pilot's six.

She advertised it two pages ago.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Rodyn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:53 am
Oh, Freelancer. I saw the post, but I didn't think it was an MMO. It is spoken of frequently on the Star Trek: Online forums. I also didn't think it was still around.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:56 am
Rodyn
Siren Kijo

it's a mod based on Freelancer. you can get all the DL's and more in the forums for it: freeworlds-tow.net

it's totally free, you just need to make sure you read the forum and server rules and follow them... ignorance is no excuse...

other than that, I hope you have fun if you decide to play it... I know I do smile  

Siren Kijo

Hilarious Genius

4,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trader 100

Rodyn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:57 am
Where can I get a copy of the game itself?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:01 pm
since they don't make it anymore, you can DL it or buy it on ebay. Register on the forums and send a PM to the Admins. if one of them don't have it on FileFront, I'll upload it and give you the link so you can DL it.  

Siren Kijo

Hilarious Genius

4,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trader 100

Rodyn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:04 pm
Sounds good, I'll do it some time today.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:34 pm
ohh... if it turns out that I need to UL it, PM me on the FW forums... my name there is KijoSiren (creative, I know)  

Siren Kijo

Hilarious Genius

4,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trader 100

Rodyn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:00 pm
Wow, not even a member of the forum for a half-hour and I'm already being asked by the Mando group for recruitment.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:32 pm
freelancer isn't exactly a good source for getting dogfighting tactics you know. you're still better of with games like ace combat or HAWX. Still it would really rock if they made another X-wing dammit.  

Maegnis

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:02 pm
Secret Weapons Over Normandy wasn't too bad, and it even had TIE Fighter and X-Wing unlockables for Instant Action mode.

You'd actually dogfit in group VS group combat, sometimes with other crap like ships and SAMs. If they made that into a full SW version, it'd probably be better than Rogue Squadron... if they did it right, which is the problem. I dunno if they could.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:20 pm
Maegnis Ra
freelancer isn't exactly a good source for getting dogfighting tactics you know. you're still better of with games like ace combat or HAWX. Still it would really rock if they made another X-wing dammit.
those aren't space combat  

Siren Kijo

Hilarious Genius

4,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trader 100

Maegnis

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:47 am
Siren Kijo
Maegnis Ra

so? rogue squadron isn't always space combat. Heck the first one didn't even have a space battle I think.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:30 am
Well with 90% of "Space Combat" games the only difference between them and Flight Sims is the lack of ground and gravity.

I personally think that it isn't a space combat sim until they give me newtonian physics and that ain't happening, and won't ever happen with a star wars game because star wars flips the bird at Sir Isaac Newton except for extremely rare occasions.  

stellarmagic

Rodyn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:47 am
Maegnis Ra
Siren Kijo
Maegnis Ra

so? rogue squadron isn't always space combat. Heck the first one didn't even have a space battle I think.

Technically there were two, but they weren't open like they are in Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike. Stuck in the trenches of a moon and the Death Star (not to mention the Death Star trench had MASSIVE walls).

But Rogue Squadron is really more of an arcade-style game, anyway.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games