Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Zack Knapp
Unsorted First Year

"What is my role?"

Zack had been waiting for this day for so long - the day he would get to meet his cousins and rumor had it, his uncle too! He had tried to meet them all at the train station, but he had gotten distracted looking at the train, and walking around it trying to see how it worked. He then started helping out some of the other kids with their luggage, since his mom had already dropped him off and she had helped him with his luggage - might as well be helpful with everyone else.

Before he knew it, he was on the train. He was ready to thrive at Hogwarts, to really become someone - or at least maybe he would use his new ambition to make ants not come after him at least.

When all the kids walked into the hall, Zack was amazed by what he saw. When his name was announced, he could feel a sense of shock - especially a shock coming off from two of the professors' faces - those had to be Counsin Aldrick and Uncle Alarick. He wondered where Counsin Dominik was? He glanced around before the hat was put on his head, he had heard about all the kids, his mom kept up with the birth announcements, but he hadn't seen their faces. How hard could it be to find a fellow Knapp though?
"Whatever you think will work best sorting hat."

Personality:

xxxPERSONALITY ____xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steadfast Zack is unwavering in his ways - he has nothing to hide in his life, why bother keeping a secret?
Agreeable Zack enjoys working with others and helping them find out what works best for them - he wants to bring out others best traits, he’s trying to make everyone shine
Curious Zack wants to know how things work. How things will react with each other. Unfortunately, this has often tended to turn things into flames.
Unrealistic Zack has high hopes for himself and others. In reality those hopes are too high of an expectation to keep. But he’s going to keep trying to push toward it.
Complex Between his mom not having a steady partner, his siblings all looking different from him, his want to impress someone but also not wanting to show off. There’s a lot of back and forth emotions for Zack.

"Mad inventory of course!"

Setting: Sorting Feast
Thoughts: If the tomato is a fruit, then ketchup is the jam. Jam is gross
Wearing: Plain school robes

“”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✿ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hogwarts Great Hall
xxx✿ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Lots of People
xxxx✿ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting Ceremony
xxxxx✿ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is nothing like how I predicted...

Salem was incredibly nervous. They were supposed to be walking up the halls of Salem Institute, yet here they were, walking in a group behind a bunch of English kids, walking through Hogwarts Castle. The first of their family to have such a choice, and Salem opted to break tradition. Every one of their lineage had gone to the American Institute. Salem figured that if their mom hadn't wanted them here, she wouldn't have moved to the United Kingdom. Salem remained quiet behind the line, worried about the others thinking them strange.

Once in the Great Hall, Salem looked around at all the unfamiliar faces, all looking either bored with being there or incredibly excited for the beginning of school. The other first years were chattering amongst themselves, all having started friendships on the long train ride. Salem looked up at the front of the room, spotting their grandma sitting up there. The woman offered an excited wave, earning back a smaller wave.

After listening to the professor's speech, names started to be called up. It took only a handful of names before Salem's own echoed through the halls. Curling into their cape, Salem carefully shuffled through the crowd. Once at the front, Salem offered a small nod toward the professor with her list, then they sat on the stool and waited for the hat to cover their eyes.

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxGᴇɴᴛʟᴇ:
                                                                Behind their spooky exterior, Salem has a gentle hand with all living things. Patient and supportive, they have always erred on the softer side of life.
                                                                “Horror is about facing the deepest, darkest parts of someone, and recognizing beauty and love within them anyways.”-- At least, Salem likes this sentiment, and would like to live by it. They’re not really old enough to know what living by it means yet though.

xxxxxLᴏʏᴀʟ:
                                                                "Loyal to a fault" is a pretty accurate description for Salem. Once they have latched on to a person or ideal, it takes a heck of a lot to sway them from their path. Sometimes the thing they're most loyal to, however, is their own code of ethics, misguided as it may occasionally be.

xxxxxAᴅᴀᴘᴛᴀʙʟᴇ:
                                                                Change comes super easily to Salem. Between changing environments or even just outfits, nothing really sways them. Of course, growing up in increasingly weird circumstances can do that.

xxxxxSᴏғᴛ-Sᴘᴏᴋᴇɴ:
                                                                “Really, I just don’t know what to say most of the time.” Salem tends to be quiet in groups. They’re not against talking, but they know they tend to overthink and get confused, so especially around other people they’ll stick to sitting back and chuckling along.

xxxxxSᴛᴜᴅɪᴏᴜs:
                                                                Being raised in part by their Grandma Tami, Salem has learned a lot about learning how to learn and learning how to study from her. Salem is prepared and willing to work hard to learn, and is always open to learning more about themself (even if it sometimes scares them).

xxxxxEɴɪɢᴍᴀᴛɪᴄ:
                                                                Salem is a mystery to those that haven't taken time to get to know them. It's incredibly hard to get into their inner circle, specifically without knowing their quirks and mannerisms. Once those are learned, the mystery starts to unravel.

{{Wearing :: First Day Jitters}}
          I am lost, trying to get found in an ocean of people
          Please don't ask me any questions. There won't be a valid answer, I'll just say
          That I don't know my name. I don't play by the rules of the game
          So you say I'm just trying, just trying
          You ask me why I cut my hair and changed myself completely
          I went from bland and popular, to joining the marching band
          I made the closest friends I'll ever have in my lifetime

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:03 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Linsey was trying hard to focus on what was going around her, as she stood in the Great Hall waiting for her name to be called. She found herself staring up at the pinpoints of flickering light from the enchanted candles and thence at the field of stars to be seen in the enchanted ceiling. It didn’t help she was feeling a roiling of conflicting emotion wash through her. She was feeling excited and scared and worried, filled with anticipation and dread all at once. Though she was thrilled to be here, her eleven-year-old heart was telling her she shouldn’t be here, and she was abandoning her family.

The final week of summer was just a blur of events for Linsey. There was the trip to the big Art Festival, where she got to hear Professor Hawthorne’s lecture, watched her Aunt Fi sing with the Causeway Hares, and got to stay put late and see the fireworks display at the end with its musical accompaniment. However, that’s not where it ended. While Aunt Fi got through the Art Festival just fine, as she said that she would, it was obvious she would deliver a baby brother or sister for Finn very soon. As the days passed, and time got closer to when she would make her trip to London to board the train for Hogwarts, the baby decided it wasn’t going to wait any longer.

Aunt Fi went into labour the day before Linsey was supposed to make her departure, and it was then Mother Grey sent out The Call, to all the members of the clan and the extended family, to those whom could make the journey, for them to gather at the Priory, to be present and bear witness to the arrival of the newest addition to the family, as has been their way down through the long centuries. The anticipated event excited Linsey, as it wasn’t often when so many of her kith and kin would be together under one roof, and she was determined to be there when it all happened. So far as she was concerned Hogwarts would still be there, and so what if she was late in getting there?

This caused a bit of consternation, as nobody wanted for Linsey’s education to suffer, but Fianna wanted for her older sister to be there more than anything else, and while Da was perfectly happy to take Linsey to London, both Mom and Fianna wanted for him to be there with them. Before the family argument could spill out, Mother Grey intervened. The Grey of the House of Grey, hereditary chieftain of the clan, and the great-grandmother whom loved to have Linsey visit her cottage to bake up shortbread cookies and make homemade preserves, made her decision. Linsey was to go to London, and be on the train at the appointed time, as was right and proper, however, the duty of getting her there would be handled by her Aunt Lynn.

As Selina was Mother Grey’s appointed successor to become The Grey when Mother Grey was no longer able to be so, and was Linsey’s godmother, nobody had any qualms about the decision. So far as the adults were concerned, the matter was settled and needed only to be seen through. Not so much so far as Linsey was concerned, and she pleaded with her great-grandmother to be allowed to stay with her family. It was then when Selina drew her understandably distraught little niece away from what would have become an unpleasant scene.

After double and triple checking that she had all her books and clothes packed into her school trunk, and saying her farewells, Linsey and her aunt Apparated to London the afternoon before they were to meet the train. As she quite familiar with the location, Selina had them appear at the London offices of Gringotts, even though she was between projects right then and on a bit of extended vacation. She wanted to give her niece, and herself, for that matter, the chance to decompress from the familial drama they’d just left. She was feeling a bit of justifiable pride giving Linsey the chance to see where she worked, meet some of her colleagues, and see some of the sights there.

Linsey, for her part, was a bit dazzled by what she saw, and she was polite, if a bit shy being introduced by her aunt to these obviously important people, and nervous meeting with a few of the goblins, having never encountered any previously. Afterwards, Aunt Lynn took her to a fancy restaurant in Knightsbridge, where the wait-staff knew her aunt and had a semi-private table in a niche waiting for them. The young girl enjoyed the chance to try some of the dishes her aunt introduced to her, and having ice cream served in a tall glass.

After spending the night in a nice hotel, the two of them had breakfast in another restaurant Selina frequented, before making the trek toward the great rail terminus at King’s Cross. For the occasion, Linsey wore a long dress she created with bright splashes of colour, over which she added a bright white cardi, as it was a bit cool that morning, and a pair of flats on her feet, as she expected to be doing a bit of walking. As was her wont, Selina dressed in a long navy-blue skirt with a matching jacket, over a mother-of-pearl gray silk blouse, a silk scarf in clan tartan adorned her neck, while a pair of strappy high-heeled sandals completed her outfit. She was pulling along her niece’s school trunk along behind them on an appliance dolly, as they walked toward the entrance of the train station.

We shouldn’t be here, Aunt Lynn,” said Linsey in a quiet tone. “We need to be back at the Priory, I just know it.” Selina proffered the youngster with a slight, understanding smile. “So sure you wish to incur the wrath of your clan chieftain, are you? I wouldn’t, were I you, Uain Bheag,” was Selina’s comment, as they continued to walk along. Balling up her small hands at her sides, and her long silvery hair starting to move about in synchronicity with her agitation, Linsey added, “Why am I being sent away like this? It isn’t right, it isn’t fair. I’m a part of this family too, right?” Selina cocked her head to one side as she listened to her niece, and she replied gently, “You’re not a pariah, Uain Bheag, if that’s what you’re asking. Today simply marks the beginning of two journeys, yours and that of our newest Grey; it is the timing which is problematic. The world is many things, ‘fair’ is rarely used as a descriptor.”

But we need to be there, Aunt Lynn. Fi needs us. We should be there. What if something … you know … what if …” Linsey’s voice began insistently, and then trailed off, as she was all of sudden scared and worried, as though merely giving voice to her concerns might make them so. Selina put her free arm around the girl’s thin shoulder, and pulled her close. “Let me tell you something: Mother Grey has presided over every birth of every Grey of your generation, and the two previous besides, the both of us standin’ here included. What she doesn’t know of midwifery isn’t worth the knowin’, an’ there be others present to assist, startin’ with yer own mother. Our bein’ there, or not, willnae make a whit of difference.”

Linsey nodded in understanding; she knew her aunt’s words were true, but she couldn’t help feeling like she needed to be there. “You don’t suppose its happening already, do you, Aunt Lynn” Selina paused in her steps, closed eyes, and drew a deep breath, as though she were centering herself to invoke some magical bit of prescience. As she did this, Linsey felt a particularly cool breeze whip about them, causing her flyaway hair to float about her like an azure cloak. After a moment, Selina’s graveyard eyes opened once more, and she looked down to her young niece. “No, not just yet, but soon, though,” she said, a note of certainty in her voice. She then gave Linsey a smile and a wink, before adding, “Besides, if anything was happening, one of us would have gotten a cellphone notification already. I reckon by the time you’re tucking into your Start of Term of Feast, Uain Bheag, it’ll all be done an’ fine. A feast you willnae be a part of if we didnae get a move on. Let’s be about this, lass.”

Entering the huge rail station, Linsey was instantly confronted with the controlled chaos of so many people coming and going, intent on whatever errands brought them to this place. She held her aunt’s hand, as Selina navigated the swirling crowd of humanity with the practiced ease of someone well used to having to do so. As she was looking around at what was going on around her, Linsey didn’t notice that her aunt was steering them toward a particular roof support pillar, and was being pulled through the portal the brick façade concealed before she could even think to balk. The sound of steam whistle announced the presence of the Hogwarts Express, with its orderly procession of crimson-painted carriages behind the steam locomotive. As they approached the train, Selina passed the dolly off so it could be loaded aboard the train, and she turned to look at her niece.

The excitement she was feeling now was leavened by the sudden fear that soon she was to be separated from her aunt. Intellectually, she knew the time was soon to come, but she wasn’t ready for it to happen yet. Linsey looked up at her aunt, with tears filling up her blue eyes. “Please, Aunt Lynn, I don’t want to go, I want to stay with you. Please don’t send me away.” Selina pulled the girl into her embrace with both of her arms, kissing her lightly atop her head, as she snuffled softly into her jacket. “Oh Uain Bheag, you know as well as I this has to be. We both must walk our paths, for now they will not be parallel, and I will come to collect you for Christmas if you wish for me to, okay?”

But, what if I’m not good enough to be there? What if this was all just a mistake?” asked Linsey, fearing the reason she got her letter so late was because she just wasn’t smart enough or sufficiently talented to be a witch. Selina drew a deep breath, and told softly, “You wouldn’t have received your letter were it not for you to be there; know in your heart you have the potential to be as good a witch as any in our family, and the school will help you to realize it if you give it the chance. Your Mom and Da will be proud of you, an’ you will see them soon again. Okay?”

Linsey nodded wordlessly, she looked up at her aunt, trying hard to look braver than she was feeling, and she daubed tears away from her face. Selina gestured, and instantly her outfit was devoid of wrinkles and her face tidied once more. “There, that’s better. We don’t want for you to be looking as though you’ve been bounced around the back of the Knight Bus, now, do we?” she rhetorically. “I understand how you feel, better than most, I think. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us, and we live our lives moment by moment in the vast in-between. However, I know by this time tomorrow, you will have new friends, there will be an entire House welcoming you as its newest member, and shortly thereafter an Owl Post will arrive, bearing news and photographs. You are not being forsaken, Uain Bheag; you are a Grey, by birth, by blood, by your heart and soul, an’ nothin’ in all this world will have this change.”

Thank you, Aunt Lynn,” said Linsey, working up a brave smile, as she stepped away from her a step. As if on a cue, the train whistle sounded once more. “Guess it’s a bit late to bugger off now, isn’t it?” Selina cocked her head to one side, and commented, “Well, let’s just say we’ve definitely passed the point where Jesus loses his sandal here. All right, last bit of advice from one who’s been down this road before you: Stick up for yourself and your principles, jus’ dinnae be a prat about it. I got off on the wrong foot when I got to Hogwarts because of it, so live and learn. Now then, study hard, pay attention to your teachers, particularly Professors Jason Hill and Grayson Powell, ifn they still be there after all this time. Do your schoolwork, all of it, on time, no excuses, an’ all the extra credit they offer. Besides that, duck all the drama, an’ be sure tae have some fun along the way. Do all that, an’ you’ll be jus’ fine. Oh, before I forget, there’s a wee care package in your trunk. Be careful when you open it, there’s a Reduction Charm cast upon the contents which will end when its opened.”

Linsey and her aunt embraced once more and Selina kissed her upon the cheek, before helping her up onto the train. The eleven-year-old witch started looking a place to sit down, but found most of the compartments were already filled up with students. She finally located an empty compartment, and went into it. Through the window she saw that her aunt was still on the platform, but quickly lost sight of her as the train pulled out of the station. As the train left the city, Linsey opened the window, before stretching out on the bench seat. The last couple days had been busy ones for her, and it wasn’t before long the motion and the rhythm of the train caused her to doze. Linsey didn’t wake up until they almost there at Hogsmeade Station.

And now, here she was, waiting her turn to have the Sorting Hat placed upon head, and have it make its determination. Linsey was so intently staring at the ceiling she almost missed hearing her name being called. A bit startled, the girl walked over to sit down on the stool. When the Hat was lowered upon her head, and the brim resting on the bridge of her nose, she said softly, “Hi, Mister Hat, I hope I won’t be too much of a bother for you to figure out. I don’t know what to tell you, other than I promise to work really hard not to be a disappointment to whichever House you send me to.”

Personality:

■ Dependable- I like being the person folks know they can rely upon to do the right thing.
■ Visually Oriented- You can almost always expect to see me with a sketchbook close at hand, working out an idea, or maybe drawing something that I thought was really cool.
■ Misty- I’ve been told that sometimes I get distracted and lose focus when I’m doing something boring. It’s not my fault that I get lost sometimes in a neat idea or something catches my eye.
■ Brave- Mom taught me a few things about playing Quidditch, one of them was if you try to avoid getting hurt, you’re the one that gets hit with the Bludger. Meaning: if you’re going to take a risk, take the risk, and then worry about the mess afterwards.
■ Observant- Believe it or not, despite my, um, issues with getting… well, yeah… when I do pay attention to something, I’ll pick out the details other folks might miss. Ever notice all the lines and curves etched into a Snitch? I have, and they’re pretty neat.
■ Empathetic- I always try to take other people’s feelings into consideration whenever I say things, because I don’t like making them feel bad

■ Cooking for my friends
■ Shortbread cookies. Love to make them, love to eat them. Now, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to shortbread fresh from the oven…
■ Bright colours
■ My preferred art tools are pencils and inks.
■ I love dogs, especially my Aunt Lynn’s wolfhounds.

Dislikes:

■ Getting bullied just because I don’t look like everybody else.
■ Religion classes. Must we repeat those catechisms all the time?
■ Closed in places, I need an open window, or at least fan blowing air, or I’ll feel like I’m suffocating.
■ Really spicy food. Italian is okay, but Indian food and most curries don’t do it for me.
■ Dark, dreary days really bum me out.

Hobbies:

■ Art, primarily painting and drawing. However, she has tried her hand at designing and making her own clothes. The results have been … interesting to say the least.
■ Cooking. Linsey loves being in a kitchen and making things, particularly sweets.
■ Quidditch

Strengths:

■ Being able to work with others
■ I’ve got a good imagination

Weaknesses:

■ I kinda get lost in my thoughts and imaginings
■ I really crave the approval of others.

Fears:

■ Being all alone
■ Claustrophobic

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:40 pm
User Image
User Image
He took a step, but then felt tired
He said, "I'll rest a little while"
But when he tried to walk again
He wasn't a child
And all the people hurried past
Real fast and no one ever smiled

User Image

Halfblood | Metamorphmagus | Unsorted First Year | Eleven Years Old
September 1, 2056 The Great Hall - Sorting Feast With: Students and Faculty
Wearing: School Robes Status: "I can't believe she was serious about the talking hat."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

It was a strange feeling, leaving home for the first time. A thousand thoughts rushed through Lucian's head that morning as he struggled to wake his mother in time for her to get ready to take him to the station. Her ever-changing hair was purple as a bouquet of violets as she groggily brushed her teeth in the kitchen sink, recovering from last night's hangover. Lucian passed her a chipped mug of coffee--extra strong--as he finished scrambling two plates worth of eggs. The toaster dinged, and Wynne plucked the crisp slices for each of their plates before retreating to the table with her liquid energy.

"What will it be like?" He asked that morning over breakfast. "The sorting, I mean. How does it work?" He waited until his mum's hair tinged its familiar olive hue; a sign she was getting back to her usual self.

Wynne clacked her mug on the table, held loosely in both hands. The old wooden table wobbled at the action, one leg just an inch too short. Her smile was lazy, as if she still wasn't quite awake. "So there's this hat," she told him. "They put it on your head, and it tells you where you'll go."

"A hat." Luci echoed, bemused. "A talking hat?"

"A talking hat." Wynne nodded, with the wisdom of an old sage.

Clearly she had more to drink last night than he thought.

Lucian poked his fork at his plate with a sigh. There was so much to worry about, leaving home for such a long time. He would barely have time to do the dishes before they were off. What state would their flat be when he returned for Christmas? Would his mother be okay on her own? Someone needed to look out for her--she could barely get to work on time most days. It certainly wouldn't be his father, who promised to be home to see him off. It was no surprise when he never showed. "Duty calls, after all," or so he'd been told on the phone the night before. "Azkaban isn't going to guard itself."

"Luci? Sweetie?"

'As if there aren't plenty of other guards patrolling those halls,' He thought bitterly, clutching his fork tighter in his hand.

"Lucian," Wynne called again. Lucian's head snapped up in attention. "You're looking positively peach!"

With a frown he pinched a lock of his bangs between his fingers. Sure enough, the strands had turned to a shade akin to a creamsicle. "Sorry..." He uttered, closing his eyes and taking slow breaths like Wynne showed him before. In, out... In, out... When he opened his eyes again, the stress he had felt faded to calm, and his hair back to blue.

There were second thoughts come time of the Hogwarts Express's final call. Wynne knelt in front of him and took his hands in hers, her smile kind. "Don't you worry about me," She reassured him, making him wonder if she could read his mind. "I can look after myself just as well as you can, my little grown-up. Go and have a good time, okay? Learn some things. Make some friends. Have some fun." She let go and Lucian thought that was that, but as he took a step back he found himself dragged right into his mother's arms, squeezed as tightly as the woman could manage. "Oh, I'm going to miss you sooooo much, Luci-Lu!"

"M-Mum, please, I can't--I can't breathe!"

When they finally parted, Lucian boarded the Hogwarts Express with a smile.

The train ride went by in a blur. He sat with a group of kids his age. He ate the sandwich he packed while others snacked on sweets from the treat cart. Idle conversation was made, and Lucian was perfectly friendly, if a little distant. He didn't have many friends from his muggle school in Cardiff. How was he supposed to make new friends here? It was easier said than done.

The castle was as grand inside as it was from the outside. Five large tables filled the room, lined with upperclassmen in colored robes, teachers occupying the smallest one at the front. Candles floated over their heads, providing a welcoming glow. Lucian's jaw went slack when the first of his year stepped to the front and a large hat was placed atop their head. The hat called out the house, and the corresponding table cheered. He could hardly believe his mother hadn't made it up! Magic really was something else. He spent his time waiting with thoughts of what other extraordinary things he would come across, until his name was finally called--nearing the end of the alphabet, as always.

As he took his seat atop the stool, Lucian found himself wondering again. Where exactly he was sorted didn't make much difference to him. More-so, he was curious how it all worked. "How can you tell where we'll fit just by sitting up there?" He asked quietly once the hat sat on his head, as surprised as ever when it spoke. "Can you read minds as well?"

RESERVED Lucian wouldn’t consider himself shy by any means, but he does hold himself back in social environments. It’s important to him to keep his emotions in check if he doesn’t want any unexpected shifts in his appearance, and he manages this well, but his calm exterior can sometimes make him seem aloof and insincere to others.

INDEPENDENT Luci grew up in an environment where if he needed something done, it was easiest to learn to do it himself. That way if the outcome is disappointing, he has no one to blame but himself. He gets himself up for school, he cleans, and can even make simple meals. There’s something satisfying about completing a task all on his own, and the smile and pride in his mom’s voice as she sings his praises even better.

GENTLE Wynne has often said Lucian has the kindest heart in Cardiff. He is a calm, caring soul that looks out for others and wishes the best for everyone. He’s patient and a good listener. He will offer a shoulder to cry on and try to help lift others up when they’re down, but he won’t fix anyone’s problems for them. To Luci, it’s best to provide gentle guidance to help them on their way.

SHREWD Every child has their rebellious streak, and Luci is no exception. While he would obviously prefer a stable house with parents that ask where he’s going, he has to admit being an only latchkey child has its perks. He’s a cunning boy that knows his dodgy neighborhood like the back of his hand—who to talk to, who to avoid, and that the local book shop around the corner will let him hide out for hours on end so long as he helps shelve some books while he’s there. Still, he’s always sure to be back in time for curfew… Even if he was the one to set it in the first place.

LEVEL-HEADED It takes a lot more than a dirty look or mean name to wound Luci or even get on his nerves. Words, and even some actions roll off of him like water on a duck’s back. Lucian notices and appreciates habits, and those who keep the everyday promises. Safety comes first, and being home when you say you will be is more important than making some grand statement or gesture once in a blue moon. Lucian does has a fierce side, but it’s deep down–way deep down– and all that anger and resentment is buried beneath his entire life. Whether those skeletons will rise or be put to rest has yet to be seen.

DECISIVE There’s no sense in being wishy-washy about things. If you’re going to do it, then go do it. Sure, sometimes Luci gets stuck and might try to find an easier way around, but he doesn’t waste time with “should I/ shouldn’t I?”. Worst comes to worst, he’ll make a mess and a mistake and have to clean things up after. Similarly, in social settings, Luci has a “live and let live” mentality where he’ll stay out of other people’s business and let them make their own decisions. If people are hurt, he’ll be there afterwards to help pick up the pieces.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Username

Blue lips
Blue veins
Blue, the color of our planet from far, far away
Blue lips
Blue veins

Trickblues

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:47 pm
The Sorting Hat

addaellis

User Image🦜🎹
AURAIS FLINT AURELIUS

first year || unsorted || pureblood

Aurais’s expression had its usual placid and unexpressive look to it, but wide eyes soaking in every detail of the hall betrayed his curiosity. Astyth, his gray parrot, shifted on his shoulder and fluttered her wings with excitement. ”Big place,”, she repeated from her first impression of the castle, mirroring both their thoughts. Aurais’s fingers trembled lightly as he lifted them to stroke her.

Astyth found Valerius first. ”Hello Val, Hello Val,” she chirped fluttering a wing in a wave. Aurais waved himself once he spotted his brother at the Ravenclaw table. They had spent the entire train ride together, but it was still cool. Aur was hoping to he'd be in Ravenclaw too--it sounded really neat-- but he was mostly excited to just be at Hogwarts. In his head, Aurais felt like a symphony of strings building up beneath a horn melody-- a nervous kind of energy. He couldn't wait to actually see the moving staircases and cast magic and make his own potions. He also had to find something cool to send home--he'd promised to include a "cool" souvenir back to his sister with his first Flintzine--a zine of random stories and doodles--away from home.

“Aurelius, Aurais.”

”Here!” Astyth squawked. She flew forward, settling on the stool as she had seen another student before them do. She shifted gingerly on the stool, claws clacking lightly against the surface. She looked up at the hat.

Aurais caught up quickly and signed a ”Sorry,” to the professor before holding his hand out to take the seat– unless the hat wanted to sort Astyth as well.

Personality

ANALYTICAL Aurais loves to get into how things work. He has a sharp mind for systems and processes, and the more gorey detail he can get, the better. He thinks in terms of not what is but what could be or might be. He loves overthinking theoretical or hypothetical situations, and loves diving into the logistics of things. How to make fantasy things happen or translating an idea into an actionable project is an area of fascination. Actually making or doing things…is less exciting.

AMBITIOUS Aurais always has at least three creative projects on his plate at any time and somehow still stumbles into more. Even if he’s focused and working, he just runs into some new interesting thing or has a new idea and bam, new project to do. Unfortunately, while he’s great at the planning, analysis, and reporting phases he’s not as great at doing things and thus often has a lot of incomplete or partial projects that are “stuck”. Aurais has often tried to take on too much, burns out, and gets upset and miserable because of it, then cheers himself up by taking on even more things. It’s a problem. He knows this. He still does it.

MEDITATIVE Perhaps it comes from eating particularly slowly due to trouble swallowing, or expressing emotions being particularly hard, but Aurais moves through life at a turtle’s pace, always thinking and thinking some more before actually doing something, if anything, about things. The only times he rushes are to get through a book faster to the interesting part, when he’s trying to write everything down, or during a fast piano piece. His mind is either zeroed in absolutely focused, or wandering a half-dozen directions at once.

PEACEMAKER Aurais generally tries to get along with others and tries to get others to get along. He believes everyone can be kind, no matter what, and tries to be supportive and polite if nothing else. He gets inspiration from people and wants to work with other people on his projects, so he’s happy to share ideas, but also partially fears someone taking over or stealing the ideas he’s working with. For someone who is silent, Aurais does not fade into the background.

GROUNDED As much as Aurais enjoys creative possibilities and projects, he likes things that are doable and within his wheelhouse. He’s more sensible and reasonable than floaty, and his idle daydreaming time is usually spent thinking of how to work on one of these projects. His ideas should be built off of something, not just dangling off nowhere, and even when he’s writing fanfiction, he needs it to be firmly grounded in some form of canon or system of rules; out-of-character is a terrible insult unless it’s done with meaningful purpose!

setting Sorting Feast 2056, Great Hall || with first years
appearance 4’8”, spindly || wearing uniform
status This is exciting :O
Astyth status Trying to get sorted herself

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
There, along the road, was a tiny home
The yard held dead machines behind its fences
Like they were its kids
Broken down, but still worth a lot to someone
It made me stop and grin
🎹🦜
"Along the Road" by Radical Face.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Well well well, what do we have here
Seems you know exactly what you're about, eh?
Yes, you'll do quite well in

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:49 pm
The Sorting Hat

kiska166

User Image

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Benjamin Olson
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Unsorted - Halfblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

After hearing so much about Hogwarts and all of the cool classes his siblings were in, Benjamin couldn’t wait to join. And now, he was finally there, in the Great Hall that looked like it had no ceiling and he was instead looking up at the night sky. Shuffling to the front of the room with the rest of the first years, Benjamin’s attention shifted to the Sorting Hat as it began to call on his fellow classmates. He had been so mesmerized with his surroundings that he hadn’t even thought of finding Taylor or Mason’s familiar faces at their tables. Once his name was called, Ben bounded up to the stool and sat down, eager to know which house he’d call home for the remainder of his time at Hogwarts.

MAGNANIMOUS Benjamin is usually very generous and forgiving, even when he is wronged. It doesn't take much for him to drop everything he is doing and help others with whatever they need, whether it be a friend or acquaintance.
                                              FLEXIBLE Benjamin isn't strict with plans. He is ready and able to change in order to adapt to different circumstances. Plans changing do not bother him as he figures he can always move things around and reschedule. Perhaps this is one reason why he is able to drop what he is doing if someone needs him.
                                              BIG-THINKING Benjamin is very much future oriented. He is always on the lookout for possibilities, jumps onto opportunities, and comes up with ideas and solutions to problems. He is willing to take big risks because he sees the chance to win bigger. However, his risky behaviour does get him into his fair share of trouble.
                                              DRIVING Once Benjamin has his eyes set on a goal, he will do whatever it takes to achieve that goal (unless of course, someone needs him). He is very quick to take action, but can come across as arrogant when he does so.
                                              STRONG-WILLED Benjamin does not give up easily as he is very determined to reach his goal when he sets his mind on something.
                                              BLUNT Unlike his brother, Benjamin does not sugar coat his advice or opinions for the sake of feeling like he is being respectful. He does not hold back, whether sharing his opinion, defending a friend, or discussing his views.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

H e a r t ' s on fire, leaving all b e h i n d
                                              Dark as night, let the l i g h t n i n g guide you

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
I do so enjoy your enthusiasm
Now let's see what to do with you, shall we?
Hm... yes, I know just where to put you

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:52 pm
The Sorting Hat

murruelecreuset
User Image User Image
Summer Rose Sweetwater

Unsorted First Year
Muggleborn Free-Spirited Plant Lover

Location : Great Hall - Sorting (2056)
                                                        Company : Other First Years and a Magic Hat

Summer was interested about Hogwarts the moment she heard about it. For her Hogwarts wasn’t so much a school but a place she might find a family. It was hard to say where that family might be, but it was an adventure all its own. She was excited, nervous, and terrified all in one sitting. Getting on the train she was excited by the end she was definitely tired from the travel. Then came the boat ride where she was excited all over again.

Following the Deputy Headmaster into the great hall, Summer was in awe of the space. The night sky with the candled lights were amazing. Magic truly was a hundred percent worth it in her eyes. One by one the first years were called, and the closer it got to her the more Summer’s nervous grew. Though she wasn’t against being the center of attention she was also pretty shy.

“Summer Sweetwater”

Summer stared blankly for a moment before realizing her name had been called. Looking around she took a deep breath before walking up to the stool. Taking a seat, they young orphan girl glanced up at the hat. “Are you a magic hat?” She questioned aloud before finishing in her head. ‘It would have to be... That’s pretty neat.’ What ever kind of hat it was, it would decide her fate. Kind of an odd turn of events if you asked her.

OOC : - - -

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ■ CHEERFUL Summer is very much a happy carefree kid. She’s always smiling and hardly bothered by anything. Not much brings her down and her cheerfulness can be quite infectious. Overly bubbly she enjoys even the most mundane things that others would find boring.
                                                            ■ FORGIVING If things do go wrong with someone, Summer is genuinely one to forgive. Though she’s hardly one to be bothered by what someone says, she’ll accept most forms of apology. It doesn’t take much to convince her to move past an issue. Not wanting to let it get in between a friendship she’ll move on before you know it. Water under the bridge as one would say.
                                                            ■ NURTURING With a gentle hand Summer cares for every living creature and plant that comes her way. Especially plants as she’s got quite the green thump. She helps any and all who need it and is always there for encouragement. You’ll never be shot down by Summer. In fact, she’ll assist someone with whatever task they are trying to get done. No matter how crazy.
                                                            ■ GOOD NATURED Summer is a gentle soul. She could never hurt a fly never mind a human being. As such she’s also kind and patient. She’s open to what others have to say and is very easy going. There is no need to feel rushed around her as she’d never make someone do so. She’d definitely be a decent friend with the amount of kindness and flexibility she has towards others. She loves hearing another’s ideas and happy to support the idea in question if she finds it to be a good one.
                                                            ■ GENIUNE In short, Summer is an honest individual. If she doesn’t think something is a good idea, she’ll be sure to say so. She won’t go about knocking down someone the hard way, but she’ll be open and upfront about her feelings. She tries her best to be as authentic as possible. Even if that means shooting someone down.
                                                            ■ SHY Summer can also be quite timid at first when meeting new people. She starts out quiet and works up to being talkative. She can be nervous around those she doesn't know but despite her hesitance she comes around rather quick.
                                                            ■ QUIRKY Summer can also be a bit of an oddball. She’s quite the plant lover and spends her time talking to any sort of plant life. She spends a lot of her time appearing to be out to lunch. Seemingly staring at nature like it has something to show her. She might even say that nature talks back to her as if plants could have a conversation. Though they may not actually speak, Summer is certain they are speaking in their own way.

I am indeed a magic hat!
Don't worry, you're in good hands, though I've got none
There's no need to be nervous, child
In fact, I already know exactly where you'll go

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:57 pm
The Sorting Hat

Graydon Ironshield
User Image
Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith

My day has finally come’ thought Brianna, as she looked around the Great Hall, where she was soon to be Sorted into the House which would be her home for the next seven years. After watching her brother, Ron, board the bright red Hogwarts Express to be whisked away to his school for months on end, while she was stuck at her school and dealing with the boring stuff which came it, it was finally her time to come to Hogwarts too.

Last night, she had all her clothes and books packed into her school trunk, but Mom insisted on checking and rechecking that she had everything. It was all rather annoying actually, as she knew what she was taking with her, and worked out a list well ahead of time. After seeing Mom and Dad help Ron pack for the last four years, they gotten this all down to a bit of a science now. The only issue they had was when they found out that poor Bubber wouldn’t fit in the cat carrier anymore. It was the same soft-sided carrier Mom used when she would take Sassy to Hogwarts with her, but the sling bag was just too small for Bubber, and he growled unhappily when they tried stuffing him in it.

Well if you weren’t feeding him table scraps all the time, he wouldn’t weigh as much as you do,” was Ron’s comment on the subject, which just made Brianna mad. Her brother called the cat ‘Blubber’ on more than one occasion, and before there could be an argument, Mom made them stop, and told Brianna that if she wanted her cat to go with her, she would have to lug him around in her arms. ‘Well, of course I’m not leaving Bubber behind,’ was Brianna’s thought on the subject.

So, she walked into train station with a fifty-pound black cat, carrying him like he was a baby, in a sling which Mom used to carry both Brianna and Ron around when they were infants.

Brianna was disappointed that Dad couldn’t stay long enough both of them off; he needed to go into the Astra-Zeneca London facility for an ‘all hands on deck’ emergency meeting which couldn’t be handled remotely. They had to settle on taking photographs outside the station before he needed to depart. She also saw the look Mom gave Dad when he left, and it made Brianna feel pretty crummy for being so excited to be leaving; tonight was not the night Mom wanted to return to a house nobody else would be in.

While they were on the platform, Brianna had to suffer through the indignity of having Mom fuss over her appearance one more time, and double-check with once more that she had everything in her trunk. She also made Brianna promise to stick with her brother on the way up to school, and to listen to what he told her. “Sure, Mom, I’ll listen to him, as long as he doesn’t say anything completely stoopid,” was the closest thing to a promise Brianna was going to give. Mom then turned to Ron, and told him, “Ron, I know you’ll want to do things with your friends, but Brianna is your little sister, and this is all new to her. Promise me you’ll watch out for her; she’s going to have to be your responsibility now

Ron gave her a wide-eyed look, glanced down at Brianna, before nodding his head. “Uh, um, yes, Mom, I promise to watch out for her. You don’t need to worry about us” Brianna rolled her eyes dolefully, as she thought, ‘Gee, thanks, Mom, for that ringing endorsement, oh, and for guilting Ron into being a danged babysitter that I don’t need. He took that like a Bludger to the face

Mom then clutched at them both in a hug which caused Bubber to remind them all how much he didn’t like getting squashed, and she started snuffling and tearing up. Brianna heard Ron tell her in a quiet tone, “Please, Mom, please don’t cry; it’s going to be okay, we got this.” Brianna saw how Ron was holding himself a little bit taller and straighter now, and she gave him a smile. Mom also seemed to notice, and she smiled through her tears, and said, “You’re getting to be more like your dad, Ron. Right, off you go; don’t want for you to be late.” She gave them both another big hug, before kissing them both, and promised to pick them up in Hogsmeade for Christmas break.

The ride up to Hogsmeade Station was a bit of a blur for Brianna, and they didn’t get in until later than she was expecting. It all seemed a bit unreal to her, right until she got her first glimpse of the castle rising majestically above the Black Lake, with all the lights glowing in the windows.

Now, she was waiting her turn to be Sorted, and her surname put her towards the end of the proceedings. When her name was called, Brianna walked up, glancing at the tables full of students, wondering where she would be going. She sat on the stool, and when the Sorting Hat was placed upon her head, she said quietly, “Magic Hat; didn’t see that one coming. Hope you’re not expecting me to pull a rabbit out of you. Okay, so how does this work? Am I gonna be a Gryffindor like Mom, a ‘Puff, like my big brother, Ron, or maybe a Ravenclaw, like Dad totes would have been, if he’d been … like magical, and all?

Personality:

■ Driven: When I see a goal, I’ll work really hard to see it done. I’m not afraid of getting my hands dirty and doing it
■ Pragmatic: Good thing for me I inherited Mom and Dad’s sense of making sure that I want to do is actually, you know, doable, and I’m pretty good at figuring out the steps.
■ Independent: I’d like to think I can take care myself, whether others see it or not. Yeah, I haven’t much of a chance to prove it, but when the rest of my family is off doing things, I got this.
■ Loyal: My family is my family, my friends are family. Mess with them, you deal with me.
■ Sensitive: I won’t show it, but if you hurt me, I will feel it, and it will take a long time for me to get over it.
■ Quiet: I don’t like loud people, and I see no reason to be loud myself. They can blather on all day long about how good they are, I’ll let my work do my talking for me.

■ I love it when Dad orders pizza from the place near where we live, and he gets me an order of garlic bread knots and dipping sauce.
■ Chocolate. I was told there would be chocolate at the end of this interview. There is chocolate, yes?
■ The Holyhead Harpies, love listening to their games on the Wireless
■ I collect books, especially on British and Welsh history
■ Watching ‘Stranger Things

Dislikes:

■ Brussel Sprouts and cauliflower are evil, just take my word for it. Ron has that one right.
■ Don’t like it when people lie to me. I try very hard not to lie to others; I expect the same from them.
■ Getting smothered by Mom. Ever since Ron started at Hogwarts, she pays a lot more attention to me.
■ The mood I get in when things just don’t work out for me. I try to hide it, but when I get down on myself, it’s not pleasant; especially when it comes with migraines.
■ Girl Drama- it comes with noise and headaches. Did I mention I don’t like loud people?

Hobbies:

■ Quidditch. I want to play just like Mom did.
■ Wizard Chess- it makes you think and plan
■ Soccer- because Mom won’t let me play rugby

Strengths:

■ Work Ethic: Nobody’s calling me a slacker
■ I’m told I’m a really smart kid.

Weaknesses:

■ Okay, I’m just flat out stubborn. Ya’ happy already?
■ I could be something of a smartass, but that’s better than a dumb one…

Fears:

■ That I can’t meet my parents’ expectations of me.
■ Someone breaking my heart

OOC:
mc2
Any chance Ron can hang with Aria at her table?

User Image
                  "You're lost little girl, you're lost little girl
                  You're lost, tell me who are you?"

"I think that you know what to do
                  Impossible? Yes, but it's true
                  I think that you know what to do, yeah
                  I'm sure that you know what to do "

Oh, no, my dear, none of the above I'm afraid
No, inside you I see something else
You'll figure it out for yourself in

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:00 pm
The Sorting Hat

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Zack Knapp
Unsorted First Year

"What is my role?"

Zack had been waiting for this day for so long - the day he would get to meet his cousins and rumor had it, his uncle too! He had tried to meet them all at the train station, but he had gotten distracted looking at the train, and walking around it trying to see how it worked. He then started helping out some of the other kids with their luggage, since his mom had already dropped him off and she had helped him with his luggage - might as well be helpful with everyone else.

Before he knew it, he was on the train. He was ready to thrive at Hogwarts, to really become someone - or at least maybe he would use his new ambition to make ants not come after him at least.

When all the kids walked into the hall, Zack was amazed by what he saw. When his name was announced, he could feel a sense of shock - especially a shock coming off from two of the professors' faces - those had to be Counsin Aldrick and Uncle Alarick. He wondered where Counsin Dominik was? He glanced around before the hat was put on his head, he had heard about all the kids, his mom kept up with the birth announcements, but he hadn't seen their faces. How hard could it be to find a fellow Knapp though?
"Whatever you think will work best sorting hat."

Personality:

xxxPERSONALITY ____xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steadfast Zack is unwavering in his ways - he has nothing to hide in his life, why bother keeping a secret?
Agreeable Zack enjoys working with others and helping them find out what works best for them - he wants to bring out others best traits, he’s trying to make everyone shine
Curious Zack wants to know how things work. How things will react with each other. Unfortunately, this has often tended to turn things into flames.
Unrealistic Zack has high hopes for himself and others. In reality those hopes are too high of an expectation to keep. But he’s going to keep trying to push toward it.
Complex Between his mom not having a steady partner, his siblings all looking different from him, his want to impress someone but also not wanting to show off. There’s a lot of back and forth emotions for Zack.

"Mad inventory of course!"

Setting: Sorting Feast
Thoughts: If the tomato is a fruit, then ketchup is the jam. Jam is gross
Wearing: Plain school robes

“”

Whatever I think? How agreeable of you
Glad we're on the same page then
Now, you're somewhat of a tricky one
But I'd like to see how you'll fare in

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:08 pm
The Sorting Hat

Cinnabun Gryffie
User ImageUser Image
xx✿ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hogwarts Great Hall
xxx✿ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Lots of People
xxxx✿ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting Ceremony
xxxxx✿ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is nothing like how I predicted...

Salem was incredibly nervous. They were supposed to be walking up the halls of Salem Institute, yet here they were, walking in a group behind a bunch of English kids, walking through Hogwarts Castle. The first of their family to have such a choice, and Salem opted to break tradition. Every one of their lineage had gone to the American Institute. Salem figured that if their mom hadn't wanted them here, she wouldn't have moved to the United Kingdom. Salem remained quiet behind the line, worried about the others thinking them strange.

Once in the Great Hall, Salem looked around at all the unfamiliar faces, all looking either bored with being there or incredibly excited for the beginning of school. The other first years were chattering amongst themselves, all having started friendships on the long train ride. Salem looked up at the front of the room, spotting their grandma sitting up there. The woman offered an excited wave, earning back a smaller wave.

After listening to the professor's speech, names started to be called up. It took only a handful of names before Salem's own echoed through the halls. Curling into their cape, Salem carefully shuffled through the crowd. Once at the front, Salem offered a small nod toward the professor with her list, then they sat on the stool and waited for the hat to cover their eyes.

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxGᴇɴᴛʟᴇ:
                                                                Behind their spooky exterior, Salem has a gentle hand with all living things. Patient and supportive, they have always erred on the softer side of life.
                                                                “Horror is about facing the deepest, darkest parts of someone, and recognizing beauty and love within them anyways.”-- At least, Salem likes this sentiment, and would like to live by it. They’re not really old enough to know what living by it means yet though.

xxxxxLᴏʏᴀʟ:
                                                                "Loyal to a fault" is a pretty accurate description for Salem. Once they have latched on to a person or ideal, it takes a heck of a lot to sway them from their path. Sometimes the thing they're most loyal to, however, is their own code of ethics, misguided as it may occasionally be.

xxxxxAᴅᴀᴘᴛᴀʙʟᴇ:
                                                                Change comes super easily to Salem. Between changing environments or even just outfits, nothing really sways them. Of course, growing up in increasingly weird circumstances can do that.

xxxxxSᴏғᴛ-Sᴘᴏᴋᴇɴ:
                                                                “Really, I just don’t know what to say most of the time.” Salem tends to be quiet in groups. They’re not against talking, but they know they tend to overthink and get confused, so especially around other people they’ll stick to sitting back and chuckling along.

xxxxxSᴛᴜᴅɪᴏᴜs:
                                                                Being raised in part by their Grandma Tami, Salem has learned a lot about learning how to learn and learning how to study from her. Salem is prepared and willing to work hard to learn, and is always open to learning more about themself (even if it sometimes scares them).

xxxxxEɴɪɢᴍᴀᴛɪᴄ:
                                                                Salem is a mystery to those that haven't taken time to get to know them. It's incredibly hard to get into their inner circle, specifically without knowing their quirks and mannerisms. Once those are learned, the mystery starts to unravel.

{{Wearing :: First Day Jitters}}
          I am lost, trying to get found in an ocean of people
          Please don't ask me any questions. There won't be a valid answer, I'll just say
          That I don't know my name. I don't play by the rules of the game
          So you say I'm just trying, just trying
          You ask me why I cut my hair and changed myself completely
          I went from bland and popular, to joining the marching band
          I made the closest friends I'll ever have in my lifetime

There's no need to worry, my dear
We're all strange here
I think you'll not only fit in
But flourish, especially in

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:34 pm
The Sorting Hat

Graydon Ironshield
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish

Linsey was trying hard to focus on what was going around her, as she stood in the Great Hall waiting for her name to be called. She found herself staring up at the pinpoints of flickering light from the enchanted candles and thence at the field of stars to be seen in the enchanted ceiling. It didn’t help she was feeling a roiling of conflicting emotion wash through her. She was feeling excited and scared and worried, filled with anticipation and dread all at once. Though she was thrilled to be here, her eleven-year-old heart was telling her she shouldn’t be here, and she was abandoning her family.

The final week of summer was just a blur of events for Linsey. There was the trip to the big Art Festival, where she got to hear Professor Hawthorne’s lecture, watched her Aunt Fi sing with the Causeway Hares, and got to stay put late and see the fireworks display at the end with its musical accompaniment. However, that’s not where it ended. While Aunt Fi got through the Art Festival just fine, as she said that she would, it was obvious she would deliver a baby brother or sister for Finn very soon. As the days passed, and time got closer to when she would make her trip to London to board the train for Hogwarts, the baby decided it wasn’t going to wait any longer.

Aunt Fi went into labour the day before Linsey was supposed to make her departure, and it was then Mother Grey sent out The Call, to all the members of the clan and the extended family, to those whom could make the journey, for them to gather at the Priory, to be present and bear witness to the arrival of the newest addition to the family, as has been their way down through the long centuries. The anticipated event excited Linsey, as it wasn’t often when so many of her kith and kin would be together under one roof, and she was determined to be there when it all happened. So far as she was concerned Hogwarts would still be there, and so what if she was late in getting there?

This caused a bit of consternation, as nobody wanted for Linsey’s education to suffer, but Fianna wanted for her older sister to be there more than anything else, and while Da was perfectly happy to take Linsey to London, both Mom and Fianna wanted for him to be there with them. Before the family argument could spill out, Mother Grey intervened. The Grey of the House of Grey, hereditary chieftain of the clan, and the great-grandmother whom loved to have Linsey visit her cottage to bake up shortbread cookies and make homemade preserves, made her decision. Linsey was to go to London, and be on the train at the appointed time, as was right and proper, however, the duty of getting her there would be handled by her Aunt Lynn.

As Selina was Mother Grey’s appointed successor to become The Grey when Mother Grey was no longer able to be so, and was Linsey’s godmother, nobody had any qualms about the decision. So far as the adults were concerned, the matter was settled and needed only to be seen through. Not so much so far as Linsey was concerned, and she pleaded with her great-grandmother to be allowed to stay with her family. It was then when Selina drew her understandably distraught little niece away from what would have become an unpleasant scene.

After double and triple checking that she had all her books and clothes packed into her school trunk, and saying her farewells, Linsey and her aunt Apparated to London the afternoon before they were to meet the train. As she quite familiar with the location, Selina had them appear at the London offices of Gringotts, even though she was between projects right then and on a bit of extended vacation. She wanted to give her niece, and herself, for that matter, the chance to decompress from the familial drama they’d just left. She was feeling a bit of justifiable pride giving Linsey the chance to see where she worked, meet some of her colleagues, and see some of the sights there.

Linsey, for her part, was a bit dazzled by what she saw, and she was polite, if a bit shy being introduced by her aunt to these obviously important people, and nervous meeting with a few of the goblins, having never encountered any previously. Afterwards, Aunt Lynn took her to a fancy restaurant in Knightsbridge, where the wait-staff knew her aunt and had a semi-private table in a niche waiting for them. The young girl enjoyed the chance to try some of the dishes her aunt introduced to her, and having ice cream served in a tall glass.

After spending the night in a nice hotel, the two of them had breakfast in another restaurant Selina frequented, before making the trek toward the great rail terminus at King’s Cross. For the occasion, Linsey wore a long dress she created with bright splashes of colour, over which she added a bright white cardi, as it was a bit cool that morning, and a pair of flats on her feet, as she expected to be doing a bit of walking. As was her wont, Selina dressed in a long navy-blue skirt with a matching jacket, over a mother-of-pearl gray silk blouse, a silk scarf in clan tartan adorned her neck, while a pair of strappy high-heeled sandals completed her outfit. She was pulling along her niece’s school trunk along behind them on an appliance dolly, as they walked toward the entrance of the train station.

We shouldn’t be here, Aunt Lynn,” said Linsey in a quiet tone. “We need to be back at the Priory, I just know it.” Selina proffered the youngster with a slight, understanding smile. “So sure you wish to incur the wrath of your clan chieftain, are you? I wouldn’t, were I you, Uain Bheag,” was Selina’s comment, as they continued to walk along. Balling up her small hands at her sides, and her long silvery hair starting to move about in synchronicity with her agitation, Linsey added, “Why am I being sent away like this? It isn’t right, it isn’t fair. I’m a part of this family too, right?” Selina cocked her head to one side as she listened to her niece, and she replied gently, “You’re not a pariah, Uain Bheag, if that’s what you’re asking. Today simply marks the beginning of two journeys, yours and that of our newest Grey; it is the timing which is problematic. The world is many things, ‘fair’ is rarely used as a descriptor.”

But we need to be there, Aunt Lynn. Fi needs us. We should be there. What if something … you know … what if …” Linsey’s voice began insistently, and then trailed off, as she was all of sudden scared and worried, as though merely giving voice to her concerns might make them so. Selina put her free arm around the girl’s thin shoulder, and pulled her close. “Let me tell you something: Mother Grey has presided over every birth of every Grey of your generation, and the two previous besides, the both of us standin’ here included. What she doesn’t know of midwifery isn’t worth the knowin’, an’ there be others present to assist, startin’ with yer own mother. Our bein’ there, or not, willnae make a whit of difference.”

Linsey nodded in understanding; she knew her aunt’s words were true, but she couldn’t help feeling like she needed to be there. “You don’t suppose its happening already, do you, Aunt Lynn” Selina paused in her steps, closed eyes, and drew a deep breath, as though she were centering herself to invoke some magical bit of prescience. As she did this, Linsey felt a particularly cool breeze whip about them, causing her flyaway hair to float about her like an azure cloak. After a moment, Selina’s graveyard eyes opened once more, and she looked down to her young niece. “No, not just yet, but soon, though,” she said, a note of certainty in her voice. She then gave Linsey a smile and a wink, before adding, “Besides, if anything was happening, one of us would have gotten a cellphone notification already. I reckon by the time you’re tucking into your Start of Term of Feast, Uain Bheag, it’ll all be done an’ fine. A feast you willnae be a part of if we didnae get a move on. Let’s be about this, lass.”

Entering the huge rail station, Linsey was instantly confronted with the controlled chaos of so many people coming and going, intent on whatever errands brought them to this place. She held her aunt’s hand, as Selina navigated the swirling crowd of humanity with the practiced ease of someone well used to having to do so. As she was looking around at what was going on around her, Linsey didn’t notice that her aunt was steering them toward a particular roof support pillar, and was being pulled through the portal the brick façade concealed before she could even think to balk. The sound of steam whistle announced the presence of the Hogwarts Express, with its orderly procession of crimson-painted carriages behind the steam locomotive. As they approached the train, Selina passed the dolly off so it could be loaded aboard the train, and she turned to look at her niece.

The excitement she was feeling now was leavened by the sudden fear that soon she was to be separated from her aunt. Intellectually, she knew the time was soon to come, but she wasn’t ready for it to happen yet. Linsey looked up at her aunt, with tears filling up her blue eyes. “Please, Aunt Lynn, I don’t want to go, I want to stay with you. Please don’t send me away.” Selina pulled the girl into her embrace with both of her arms, kissing her lightly atop her head, as she snuffled softly into her jacket. “Oh Uain Bheag, you know as well as I this has to be. We both must walk our paths, for now they will not be parallel, and I will come to collect you for Christmas if you wish for me to, okay?”

But, what if I’m not good enough to be there? What if this was all just a mistake?” asked Linsey, fearing the reason she got her letter so late was because she just wasn’t smart enough or sufficiently talented to be a witch. Selina drew a deep breath, and told softly, “You wouldn’t have received your letter were it not for you to be there; know in your heart you have the potential to be as good a witch as any in our family, and the school will help you to realize it if you give it the chance. Your Mom and Da will be proud of you, an’ you will see them soon again. Okay?”

Linsey nodded wordlessly, she looked up at her aunt, trying hard to look braver than she was feeling, and she daubed tears away from her face. Selina gestured, and instantly her outfit was devoid of wrinkles and her face tidied once more. “There, that’s better. We don’t want for you to be looking as though you’ve been bounced around the back of the Knight Bus, now, do we?” she rhetorically. “I understand how you feel, better than most, I think. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us, and we live our lives moment by moment in the vast in-between. However, I know by this time tomorrow, you will have new friends, there will be an entire House welcoming you as its newest member, and shortly thereafter an Owl Post will arrive, bearing news and photographs. You are not being forsaken, Uain Bheag; you are a Grey, by birth, by blood, by your heart and soul, an’ nothin’ in all this world will have this change.”

Thank you, Aunt Lynn,” said Linsey, working up a brave smile, as she stepped away from her a step. As if on a cue, the train whistle sounded once more. “Guess it’s a bit late to bugger off now, isn’t it?” Selina cocked her head to one side, and commented, “Well, let’s just say we’ve definitely passed the point where Jesus loses his sandal here. All right, last bit of advice from one who’s been down this road before you: Stick up for yourself and your principles, jus’ dinnae be a prat about it. I got off on the wrong foot when I got to Hogwarts because of it, so live and learn. Now then, study hard, pay attention to your teachers, particularly Professors Jason Hill and Grayson Powell, ifn they still be there after all this time. Do your schoolwork, all of it, on time, no excuses, an’ all the extra credit they offer. Besides that, duck all the drama, an’ be sure tae have some fun along the way. Do all that, an’ you’ll be jus’ fine. Oh, before I forget, there’s a wee care package in your trunk. Be careful when you open it, there’s a Reduction Charm cast upon the contents which will end when its opened.”

Linsey and her aunt embraced once more and Selina kissed her upon the cheek, before helping her up onto the train. The eleven-year-old witch started looking a place to sit down, but found most of the compartments were already filled up with students. She finally located an empty compartment, and went into it. Through the window she saw that her aunt was still on the platform, but quickly lost sight of her as the train pulled out of the station. As the train left the city, Linsey opened the window, before stretching out on the bench seat. The last couple days had been busy ones for her, and it wasn’t before long the motion and the rhythm of the train caused her to doze. Linsey didn’t wake up until they almost there at Hogsmeade Station.

And now, here she was, waiting her turn to have the Sorting Hat placed upon head, and have it make its determination. Linsey was so intently staring at the ceiling she almost missed hearing her name being called. A bit startled, the girl walked over to sit down on the stool. When the Hat was lowered upon her head, and the brim resting on the bridge of her nose, she said softly, “Hi, Mister Hat, I hope I won’t be too much of a bother for you to figure out. I don’t know what to tell you, other than I promise to work really hard not to be a disappointment to whichever House you send me to.”

Personality:

■ Dependable- I like being the person folks know they can rely upon to do the right thing.
■ Visually Oriented- You can almost always expect to see me with a sketchbook close at hand, working out an idea, or maybe drawing something that I thought was really cool.
■ Misty- I’ve been told that sometimes I get distracted and lose focus when I’m doing something boring. It’s not my fault that I get lost sometimes in a neat idea or something catches my eye.
■ Brave- Mom taught me a few things about playing Quidditch, one of them was if you try to avoid getting hurt, you’re the one that gets hit with the Bludger. Meaning: if you’re going to take a risk, take the risk, and then worry about the mess afterwards.
■ Observant- Believe it or not, despite my, um, issues with getting… well, yeah… when I do pay attention to something, I’ll pick out the details other folks might miss. Ever notice all the lines and curves etched into a Snitch? I have, and they’re pretty neat.
■ Empathetic- I always try to take other people’s feelings into consideration whenever I say things, because I don’t like making them feel bad

■ Cooking for my friends
■ Shortbread cookies. Love to make them, love to eat them. Now, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to shortbread fresh from the oven…
■ Bright colours
■ My preferred art tools are pencils and inks.
■ I love dogs, especially my Aunt Lynn’s wolfhounds.

Dislikes:

■ Getting bullied just because I don’t look like everybody else.
■ Religion classes. Must we repeat those catechisms all the time?
■ Closed in places, I need an open window, or at least fan blowing air, or I’ll feel like I’m suffocating.
■ Really spicy food. Italian is okay, but Indian food and most curries don’t do it for me.
■ Dark, dreary days really bum me out.

Hobbies:

■ Art, primarily painting and drawing. However, she has tried her hand at designing and making her own clothes. The results have been … interesting to say the least.
■ Cooking. Linsey loves being in a kitchen and making things, particularly sweets.
■ Quidditch

Strengths:

■ Being able to work with others
■ I’ve got a good imagination

Weaknesses:

■ I kinda get lost in my thoughts and imaginings
■ I really crave the approval of others.

Fears:

■ Being all alone
■ Claustrophobic

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

You've nothing to worry about, my dear
The most important person to make proud is yourself
What others think should always be secondary to that
And I think you'll make yourself quite proud in

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:49 pm
The Sorting Hat

Trickblues
User Image
User Image
He took a step, but then felt tired
He said, "I'll rest a little while"
But when he tried to walk again
He wasn't a child
And all the people hurried past
Real fast and no one ever smiled

User Image

Halfblood | Metamorphmagus | Unsorted First Year | Eleven Years Old
September 1, 2056 The Great Hall - Sorting Feast With: Students and Faculty
Wearing: School Robes Status: "I can't believe she was serious about the talking hat."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

It was a strange feeling, leaving home for the first time. A thousand thoughts rushed through Lucian's head that morning as he struggled to wake his mother in time for her to get ready to take him to the station. Her ever-changing hair was purple as a bouquet of violets as she groggily brushed her teeth in the kitchen sink, recovering from last night's hangover. Lucian passed her a chipped mug of coffee--extra strong--as he finished scrambling two plates worth of eggs. The toaster dinged, and Wynne plucked the crisp slices for each of their plates before retreating to the table with her liquid energy.

"What will it be like?" He asked that morning over breakfast. "The sorting, I mean. How does it work?" He waited until his mum's hair tinged its familiar olive hue; a sign she was getting back to her usual self.

Wynne clacked her mug on the table, held loosely in both hands. The old wooden table wobbled at the action, one leg just an inch too short. Her smile was lazy, as if she still wasn't quite awake. "So there's this hat," she told him. "They put it on your head, and it tells you where you'll go."

"A hat." Luci echoed, bemused. "A talking hat?"

"A talking hat." Wynne nodded, with the wisdom of an old sage.

Clearly she had more to drink last night than he thought.

Lucian poked his fork at his plate with a sigh. There was so much to worry about, leaving home for such a long time. He would barely have time to do the dishes before they were off. What state would their flat be when he returned for Christmas? Would his mother be okay on her own? Someone needed to look out for her--she could barely get to work on time most days. It certainly wouldn't be his father, who promised to be home to see him off. It was no surprise when he never showed. "Duty calls, after all," or so he'd been told on the phone the night before. "Azkaban isn't going to guard itself."

"Luci? Sweetie?"

'As if there aren't plenty of other guards patrolling those halls,' He thought bitterly, clutching his fork tighter in his hand.

"Lucian," Wynne called again. Lucian's head snapped up in attention. "You're looking positively peach!"

With a frown he pinched a lock of his bangs between his fingers. Sure enough, the strands had turned to a shade akin to a creamsicle. "Sorry..." He uttered, closing his eyes and taking slow breaths like Wynne showed him before. In, out... In, out... When he opened his eyes again, the stress he had felt faded to calm, and his hair back to blue.

There were second thoughts come time of the Hogwarts Express's final call. Wynne knelt in front of him and took his hands in hers, her smile kind. "Don't you worry about me," She reassured him, making him wonder if she could read his mind. "I can look after myself just as well as you can, my little grown-up. Go and have a good time, okay? Learn some things. Make some friends. Have some fun." She let go and Lucian thought that was that, but as he took a step back he found himself dragged right into his mother's arms, squeezed as tightly as the woman could manage. "Oh, I'm going to miss you sooooo much, Luci-Lu!"

"M-Mum, please, I can't--I can't breathe!"

When they finally parted, Lucian boarded the Hogwarts Express with a smile.

The train ride went by in a blur. He sat with a group of kids his age. He ate the sandwich he packed while others snacked on sweets from the treat cart. Idle conversation was made, and Lucian was perfectly friendly, if a little distant. He didn't have many friends from his muggle school in Cardiff. How was he supposed to make new friends here? It was easier said than done.

The castle was as grand inside as it was from the outside. Five large tables filled the room, lined with upperclassmen in colored robes, teachers occupying the smallest one at the front. Candles floated over their heads, providing a welcoming glow. Lucian's jaw went slack when the first of his year stepped to the front and a large hat was placed atop their head. The hat called out the house, and the corresponding table cheered. He could hardly believe his mother hadn't made it up! Magic really was something else. He spent his time waiting with thoughts of what other extraordinary things he would come across, until his name was finally called--nearing the end of the alphabet, as always.

As he took his seat atop the stool, Lucian found himself wondering again. Where exactly he was sorted didn't make much difference to him. More-so, he was curious how it all worked. "How can you tell where we'll fit just by sitting up there?" He asked quietly once the hat sat on his head, as surprised as ever when it spoke. "Can you read minds as well?"

RESERVED Lucian wouldn’t consider himself shy by any means, but he does hold himself back in social environments. It’s important to him to keep his emotions in check if he doesn’t want any unexpected shifts in his appearance, and he manages this well, but his calm exterior can sometimes make him seem aloof and insincere to others.

INDEPENDENT Luci grew up in an environment where if he needed something done, it was easiest to learn to do it himself. That way if the outcome is disappointing, he has no one to blame but himself. He gets himself up for school, he cleans, and can even make simple meals. There’s something satisfying about completing a task all on his own, and the smile and pride in his mom’s voice as she sings his praises even better.

GENTLE Wynne has often said Lucian has the kindest heart in Cardiff. He is a calm, caring soul that looks out for others and wishes the best for everyone. He’s patient and a good listener. He will offer a shoulder to cry on and try to help lift others up when they’re down, but he won’t fix anyone’s problems for them. To Luci, it’s best to provide gentle guidance to help them on their way.

SHREWD Every child has their rebellious streak, and Luci is no exception. While he would obviously prefer a stable house with parents that ask where he’s going, he has to admit being an only latchkey child has its perks. He’s a cunning boy that knows his dodgy neighborhood like the back of his hand—who to talk to, who to avoid, and that the local book shop around the corner will let him hide out for hours on end so long as he helps shelve some books while he’s there. Still, he’s always sure to be back in time for curfew… Even if he was the one to set it in the first place.

LEVEL-HEADED It takes a lot more than a dirty look or mean name to wound Luci or even get on his nerves. Words, and even some actions roll off of him like water on a duck’s back. Lucian notices and appreciates habits, and those who keep the everyday promises. Safety comes first, and being home when you say you will be is more important than making some grand statement or gesture once in a blue moon. Lucian does has a fierce side, but it’s deep down–way deep down– and all that anger and resentment is buried beneath his entire life. Whether those skeletons will rise or be put to rest has yet to be seen.

DECISIVE There’s no sense in being wishy-washy about things. If you’re going to do it, then go do it. Sure, sometimes Luci gets stuck and might try to find an easier way around, but he doesn’t waste time with “should I/ shouldn’t I?”. Worst comes to worst, he’ll make a mess and a mistake and have to clean things up after. Similarly, in social settings, Luci has a “live and let live” mentality where he’ll stay out of other people’s business and let them make their own decisions. If people are hurt, he’ll be there afterwards to help pick up the pieces.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Username

Blue lips
Blue veins
Blue lips
Blue veins

Aha! A clever one, aren't you?
I do indeed read minds, dear child
And your mind tells me where you'll fit best
And your mind is telling me you belong in

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:12 pm
User ImageUser Image

Amata lead the first years from the antechamber into the Great Hall, approaching the stool and the hat with the group lined up behind her. She unbound the scroll, and began reading off names to start the sorting so the evening could get underway.

»» gяуffιи∂σя αℓυмиυѕ & нєα∂ σf нσυѕє »» ∂єρυту нєα∂мιѕтяєѕѕ & мутнσℓσgу ρяσfєѕѕσя »» мαяяιє∂ тσ gяαуѕσи ρσωєℓℓ

fєєℓ уσυя вяιттℓє вσиєѕ ѕнινєя ѕнαкιиg fєαтнєяу
                                                    ѕнє ιѕ вєαυтιfυℓ fℓєєтιиg αѕ α мємσяу
                                                    тнє ѕку'ѕ вєєи fαℓℓιиg тняσυgн ∂σωиρσυя'ѕ gяσωιиg ¢σℓ∂
                                                    ѕнє ℓαυgнѕ αт єνєяу fσσℓιѕн нσρє ωє нσℓ∂
                                                    fσя ωιитєя ιѕ ¢σмιиg ∂σωи тнє яσα∂

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:11 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✿ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall - Sorting
xxx✿ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mister Hat
xxxx✿ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Getting Sorted
xxxxx✿ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Please keep Ruthie with me

Everly was super not excited about today. They'd been on the train for like... a million hours (luckily they were able to sit with Kai. Simon had a jooooob to do.... but he did come check on them a few times, which was nice.) and now they were going to be paraded in front of all the other kids, teachers, and probably a gajillion other people, because going to a stay-away school wasn't scary enough. Luckily, Everly wasn't alone. Knowing she had Ruthie made it tolerable.

She looked around a bit, trying to locate either Kai (who must be a chameleon) or Simon. Someone they knew would be helpful in this crowd. Luckily, Simon's hair was a bright teal-green sort of hue. He signed something, tapping his fingers to his cheek and down... then pointed up... wait. Everly knew this one. It was... look... look up! She tilted her chin up, gasping at the array of stars above. She quickly nudged Ruth, gesturing above them. Holy cow, that was pretty neat. She sent a thumbs up over to Simon, who responded in kind.

The professor gave a little speech, calling names to come up. After quite a few... there it was. "Everly Levy" She squeezed Ruth's hand one more time, then made her way to the front. She sat on the stool, nervously fidgeting with her favorite necklace. The hat fell over her eyes, pushing her glasses down her nose. Remembering what she was told, Everly decided now was her chance to ask the hat a favor. "Hi there, Mister Hat. See, you're gonna meet my sister Ruthie here in a sec, and I really want her to go somewhere safe. I hope it's with me, but please give her a nice spot for me, 'kay?" Hopefully Kai's words about being able to ask for houses would work....

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxCʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                                Thanks to her upbringing, Everly has a wild creative side. She expresses it it craft projects most often, but it's also seen in her problem solving. She's really good at finding the longest path from point A to point B, but her solutions almost always work.

xxxxxIɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴛ:
                                                                Ever since she was a wee kiddo, Everly has bee pretty logical. She's good at using past experiences to come up with solutions to current problems. She's also quite good at classes that play off logical thought rather than rote memorization.

xxxxxTʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛғᴜʟ:
                                                                Everly loves helping people and doing things to make people smile. It does take a while to earn this level of trust with her, but once she makes friends, she'll always try to make them happy.

xxxxxSʏsᴛᴇᴍᴀᴛɪᴄ:
                                                                Everly is very used to a scheduled life. She doesn't often stray from her own schedules and highly dislikes sudden changes. She also thinks in rather systematic processes, making logical steps rather than wild leaps.

xxxxxDᴇᴛᴇʀᴍɪɴᴇᴅ:
                                                                When she's working on something, Everly can always be counted on to do her best. She hates leaving things unfinished, and will always try to do the absolute most she can on any project, even just those she thinks up.

xxxxxSʜʏ:
                                                                Everly is quite shy, however, her fear of talking to people is easily overriden by anyone needing help. Despite her insecurities, Everly will always try to help people.

{{Wearing: Sorting Attire}}
          yukina101

Leave my door open just a crack. 'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
          Why do I tire of counting sheep when I'm far too tired to fall asleep?
          To ten million fireflies, I'm weird cause I hate goodbyes
          I got misty eyes as they said farewell
          But I'll know where several are if my dreams get real bizarre
          'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar
          I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
          It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
          'Cause everything is never as it seems

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:19 pm
Take a moment to think of just
flexibility, love, and trust.
Take a moment to think of just
flexibility, love, and trust

User Image
User Image

Ꮜɴꮻꮁꮁꮖꮯꮖꭺꮮ Ꭲꮃꮖɴ Ꮜɴꮪꮻꭱꭲꭼꭰ Ꮁꮖꭱꮪꭲ Ꮍꭼꭺꭱ Ꮲꭺꭱꭺ🇳ꮻꭱꮇꭺꮮ Ꮖ🇳ꮩꭼꮪꭲꮖꮐꭺꭲꮻꭱ

✿◉●•◦Ruth had had a very long, complicated, arduous (her new word for the week!) day. First she'd had a horrifically long train ride away from everything she knew and was comfortable with-though she was lucky enough to have Evie and Kai with her-and go literally speeding towards a school with hundreds of other people she knew nothing about and..was just supposed be happy and ok with it? This was way more nervewracking than her primary school days; at leas then she looked forward to going home. By the time they arrived Ruth had a rather tight grip on her sister's hand as they were lead away with the other first years. She crossed a lake (AT NIGHT. WHAT.) and walked more before they were finally inside the actual castle and by then, honestly, she just wanted to find a nice corner to hide and sleep.

She was so preoccupied with not tripping over her feet and accidentally taking Evie down with her that she completely missed the signed conversation until she was nudged and directed to look upward, gasping aloud when she had. There were whole solar systems above them! She wondered if this was how Astronomy was held because she definitely wouldn't mind being out of bed for this. She listened to the speech if only to be cautious and then waited anxiously as their names were called. As expected, Evie was called first and while she desperately wanted to go with her she knew she couldn't so all she could do was give her what she hoped was a comforting hand squeeze before letting go. Watching her sister get sorted should have theoretically alleviated some of her stress but it only made it worse watching her walk towards a table having no idea if she would follow. When her name was inevitably called, Ruth shuffled towards the stool and tried every calming breath trick in the book (literally, she had a tiny book stowed away thanks to her dad) as the hat was lowered onto her head.

"H-hi. I hope you liked Evie, sh-she's the best. An-and I hope you put her where she could do allot of good, cos she's good at that! Can...can you do that for me too? Please?"

xxxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                ◊ PERSISTANT Ruth likes figuring out the truth for herself and is very dogged in her approach to it. If she can't find answers she considers satisfactory then she will dig deeper and deeper and until she does. Before or after exhaustion is not really important.
                                                                ◊ SKITTISH Despite her rather large and supportive family, she's still shy and wary around new people and will usually stand or hide behind a nearby family member until she concluded the new person was not an issue.
                                                                ◊ PARANOID Not as violent as it used to be but Ruth still practices vigilance. Every new person is a potential threat until proven otherwise, every call is a scam, every puppy is secretly a kidnapping *****, etc.etc. Her siblings help her unwind now and again but sometimes she's still right.
                                                                ◊ PERCEPTIVE Due to her paranoia, Ruth makes sure she’s nearly always one step ahead of anything so she never gets surprised and thus can’t become nervous. It’s very hard to hide something from her whether it be a secret or a hidden snack.
                                                                ◊ RESOURCEFUL Since she’s afraid of nearly everyone and asking for help is nearly always out the question, Ruth has gotten very good at figuring out stuff for herself. If she can’t find it, fix it, or reconfigure it, it was obviously not meant to be.
                                                                ◊ HONEST Ruth hates lies. She hates being lied to as well but she especially hates saying one. If and whenever at all possibly, she will tell the truth (or at the very least what she believes it is).

Take a moment to ask yourself if
this is how we fall apart.
But it's not. But it's not. But it's not. But it's not. But it's not.
It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay.
You've got nothing. Got nothing. Got nothing. Got nothing to fear.
I'm here. I'm here. I'm here.

Cinnabun Gryffie

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games