Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:17 am
User ImageUser Image
xx❀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall - Slytherin Table
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Wren, Hailey, Flik
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting Ceremony
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I'm glad summer's over

Aspen gently pat Wren on the shoulder, his words resonating hard. She let out a soft exhale, offering a small grin at his next words. She was glad to be there for her friends, even if they were a bit messy. The brunette was determined to help carry her friends, her second family, who had always been together. Honestly, Aspen had no clue what to do if this broke her friends up. Sure, she had friends all around, but it would still shake up her world... which she wasn't sure she could handle. Not now. Not after laying down her roots in this group.

After the topic changed to Flik's diet, Wren commented that he could tell why Flik and his cat -Dunce- were friends. "Well, their stomachs are both very tiny. I'd be hungry frequently too if I were a cat... or a bowtruckle." She grinned, exposing her teeth in a genuine smile. Despite everything, Wren still had a way to make her smile, if only for a moment.

It was then that attention was turned onto the new first years, which Wren asked about. "Firstly, I don't call my club members 'fertilizer' unless they're... shitty. Ehe. Get it?" A voice came from Aspen's other side, mentioning waiting until after Sorting to start recruiting. "I typically do too. I always end up trying to recruit kids who have no clue what Herbology is. Or don't like the subject... or whatever. It's not like I can sniff out good herbologists, after all. I have many superpowers, but that's not one of them." Actually, that'd be a really cool ability. To see what any given person was skilled with. It'd save her a lot of tutoring time, anyway.

addaellis

kiska166

Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴀᴍɴᴇᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴀᴍɴᴇᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ
          Sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ
          Sᴏ, ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʟᴏᴛs ᴏғ ɴᴏɪsᴇ, ᴋɪss ʟᴏᴛs ᴏғ ʙᴏʏs
          Oʀ ᴋɪss ʟᴏᴛs ᴏғ ɢɪʀʟs ɪғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ
          Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ɢᴇᴛs ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛ
          Rᴏʟʟ ᴜᴘ ᴀ ᴊᴏɪɴᴛ, (ᴏʀ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ)
          Jᴜsᴛ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪᴛ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛs
          Cᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴡɪɴ ғᴏʀ ʟᴏsɪɴ', ʏᴏᴜ 'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴏɪɴᴛ 'ᴇᴍ
          Jᴜsᴛ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛ 'ᴇᴍ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴊᴏɪɴ 'ᴇᴍ
          Fᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪᴛ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:32 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

seventh year || Slytherin prefect || pureblood legilimens
Quidditch keeper and captain || Cooking club critic and captin || Herbology club lollygager

"Maybe for Flik. I'm pretty sure Dunce is just a glutton." Wren replied to Aspen's small-stomach theory. He relaxed a little, glad his stupid commentary on the state of idiocy in the world still managed to put a smile on Aspen's face despite the circumstances.

Of course, Aspen returned the favor straight away with a pun. Wren grinned at that, a soft snort of amusement showing his appreciation. He was about to reply--"Of course you don't, that's my job."-- when Hailey's voice joined from Aspen's other side, mentioning she didn't start recruitment until after the ceremony. "See, that's my line," he said, acknowledging Hailey with a nod. Every year since fifth they'd managed to get separated between the Prefect Meeting and the Sorting Feast, but Hailey at least, did not need supervision to do her damn job. Back to recruiting for clubs: "I can't recruit unless they're in Slytherin. But you guys don't have a house restriction."

Wren listened as Aspen mused she'd love to be able to see what people were good at. That...wasn't a bad superpower, actually? He could more or less tell when people were lying and read into their heads now, but that didn't mean he could tell what people were good at. "That could be useful. If you could tell what people were good at you could bring out the best in them and overall make the world less idiotic." he reflected rudely.

He gave the firsties another glance. "That kid with the flowers in her hair? Prime compost material. Get her name and house and we can track her down to recruit. I doubt the bored, grumpy looking one would say no to free food. Who else. The one with sunglasses-- looks like she could do with some relaxing stretching after a day of frog-wrestling?" Wren was mostly talking out of his a**. Sure he prided himself on being observant, but mostly he was just enjoying a moment snarking with friends.

setting Sorting Feast 2052 || with Aspen, Hailey, and Snakes
appearance 5'8", fit, with remarkably nice skin aside from quaffle callouses. Also silky smooth hair. || wearing uniform
status Dunce I swear if I hear crying....

kiska166

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Devlyn Maycry

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Sometimes solutions aren't so simple
Sometimes goodbye's the only way
And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in grey
And the sun will set for you

✧✦
"Shadow of the Day" by Linkin Park, cover by Chase Eagleson

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:01 am
User Image
                                              ╔══════════════════════════════╗
                                              Hailey Scheer
                                              Seventeen Years Old - Seventh Year - Slytherin - Prefect - Muggleborn
                                              Leader of Namaste and the Language Club

╚══════════════════════════════╝

Hailey smirked at Wren’s comment about how she had stolen his line and that he can’t recruit kids who aren’t in Slytherin. “Aww, poor Wren. Another rule to follow. That must absolutely kill you on the inside,” Hailey responded sarcastically. She knew how much he hated rules, but for Quidditch, it made sense why the teams were organized by house. If they had a Gryffindor student on the Slytherin team, it would cause a conflict of interest. Not only that, but house points were awarded based on games, so it wasn’t like they could mix and match all of the teams to include players from different houses. As much as Hailey didn’t care for playing the sport itself, her inner cheer leader made her attend all of the Slytherin games. She owed it to her house to show them support out on the pitch. “I think Aspen and I would get into trouble if we added house restrictions to our clubs. And the turn out for club members would take a massive hit. At least Quidditch has always been popular,” she added. Hailey didn’t even have enough club members in Namaste or in the Language Club to make a full Quidditch team, not that she’d ever want to... but still.

Hailey turned her attention to Aspen when she mentioned that she seems to recruit the wrong kids. “That would be really useful,” she agreed. Hailey then turned her attention over to the first years when Wren started picking them out from the crowd, scrunching up her nose in an attempt to contain her laughter. Prime compost material, she repeated in her head as she found that comment in particular really funny. He wasn’t wrong – she had a flower in her hair for the Sorting Ceremony, for goodness sake. Before Hailey was able to completely stifle her snickering, Wren made another comment about the girl with the sunglasses frog-wrestling. “Wren, you’re killing me today,” Hailey whispered to her friend. Usually, the Prefect was able to act more professionally. However, after the day she had had, her body must have been craving a good laugh.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Flexing like a yogi, drop it down with your hands up
                                              Do a handstand, bend it back, put your legs up

addaellis
Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I hope we all get good recruits

Aspen grinned at the mention of Wren's gluttonous kitty. Dunce was a sweetheart and totally not the reason Aspen usually had cat treats in her pocket. After mentioning wanting to identify which kids might be good for clubs, Hailey joined in, prompting a reply from Wren about that being his line. Wren then complained that he couldn't recruit at all unless they were Slytherins. "It's not much better with the whole school. How many first years are like 'whoo Professor Hill's class brings me joy, I wanna get more of that'? I'll tell you. Pretty much none. But you have the full school for cooking club, at least." Hailey added that they'd get in trouble for restricting, then mentioned the popularity of quidditch.

After mentioning her wish to tell what kids' skills were, both Wren and Hailey mentioned its usefulness. "Right? It would make it way easier to foster positive learning. Heck, I'd settle for knowing other people's learning styles... or I could Pavlov train them. With treats." She grinned at that thought, then figured it'd probably be something best served with her friends.

They then turned attention to the firsties, with Wren stating that the girl with flowers in her hair would probably be one to join Herbology. He then said one of the kids probably did some frog wrestling, earning a laugh from Aspen. "Just don't scare them off. Hopefully the ones we can reach are all cool. Or at least passionate about their hobbies." She chuckled softly. "We've all got clubs to fill though, and we've all got to pass them off to other people this year. Man, I'm really gonna miss this place next year." It was still surprising to Aspen that she was just one year away from graduation. She'd spent most of her life in and around the school, so going without it would be very strange.

addaellis

kiska166

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:30 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Quidditch keeper and captain || Cooking club critic and captin || Herbology club lollygager

"So much," Wren reacted to Hailey joking that another rule to follow killed him on the inside. He agreed with the normal clubs would probably get in trouble for excluding people across the houses. "Imagine if I could just pick and choose across the houses who to have on Quidditch though," Wren marveled, mostly for the humor of it. He had actually liked club times and welcoming fresh blood to the Culinary or Herbology clubs. Quidditch was just a little different because it was all people in his dorm. Much easier to track down anyways.

"Aha, but if you become a professor, you'd also be Professor Hill-- or would it be Professor Blake?--and I'm sure there would be much more of that, how did it go, 'oh yay Professor Hill's class sparks joy! More please' he teased. In honesty Wren thought Aspen did quite well with the Herbology Club students, and she clearly did well with younger siblings. Wren glanced across the Hall at his own younger sister, hugging his cat and staring off forlornly into the middle distance. Yeah. He was...going to have to ask for Aspen's help with Sparrow.

The discussion of superpowers and Pavlov-training students brought Wren back with a grin. "We need to do that this year. Pick a kid and train them to bring us snacks." He hadn't had a proper minion since..second year? Third year? Now all he had were friends and informants--err, people he gossiped with.

Wren was glad to bring a smile to the girls' faces with his snarky observations. "Aha Hailey you can't go dying on me now, someone needs to there in case Skipper and Celeste have questions, and I have a very important date with my hair regimen to attend to." he joked in whispered reply. Aspen expressed hope for all of them filing clubs and passing them on. "Hey don't get all mushy and reminiscing on us now, Aspenny. We've still got a fun, fun year ahead." Usually at this point he would have nudged Dunce over to show affection, but since that wasn't an option, Wren gave her an awkward fist-bump on the shoulder.

appearance 5'8", fit, with remarkably nice skin aside from quaffle callouses. Also silky smooth hair. || wearing uniform

kiska166

✧✦

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:12 pm
User Image
                                              Hailey Scheer

When Wren fantasized about being able to pick and choose Quidditch players from all houses, Hailey snickered. “I suppose that would work if Hogwarts had one Quidditch team that competed against other schools, but I hate to break it to you, Wren,” she commented, placing a hand on his shoulder as if she was about to tell him bad news. “We don’t.” Hailey smirked and nodded in agreement when Aspen had informed Wren that their turnout for clubs weren’t much better when the entirety of the student population was welcome to join. “There aren’t any classes that even do anything pertaining to Namaste or to the Language Club, and yet, I still barely have any members,” she added. Perhaps other students were too intimidated by her to join her clubs although she found that the ones who do join get to know her better and therefore, become less scared of her intensity. Her intensity really boiled down to being organized and prepared, and having a strict structure that she makes and sticks to for her club meetings in order to avoid wasting not only her time, but her members’ time.

Hailey leaned her elbow on the table and placed her chin in the palm of her hand. “I could really use a – what do I call that, a minion? An assistant?” she asked, turning her attention back to Wren after he had presented them with his idea of training a younger student to bring them snacks. The blonde wouldn’t use the kid as much for snacks as her friends might, but they would come in handy to gather supplies or help Hailey keep track of her schedule. She chuckled when Wren told her not to die in case the new Slytherin Prefects needed assistance, but her smile faded once Aspen reminded them they’d be graduating at the end of the year. “Any idea what you guys are going to do after graduation?” she asked curiously. Hailey had somewhat of an idea what her bestie was going to do, but she wasn’t sure about Wren’s plans, possibly due to being so focused on her own.

addaellis
Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:48 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Future jobs? Fuuuuunnnnn

Aspen watched as Hailey dashed Wren's dream of making a full-school team. "Maybe you can see about getting permission for a pick up game. With random players who want to join in." Then she mentioned her club woes and Wren mentioned her being Professor Hill.... or Blake, which brought up a vivid blush on her cheeks. She wanted to say no, but also to say yes. So instead, she just stayed silent on the topic. She jokingly punched Wren in the shoulder for his jesting, though... just because.

Luckily the topic shifted again, to Wren wanting to develop a minion to get snacks. Of course he'd want to. What was surprising was Hailey agreeing she wanted a minion. "Think we could get them to write up all our notes? Like, I could dictate but Gaia we have so many notes. All the time. My hand always cramps up after hour 3 or so." Luckily, Wren said they still had a fun year ahead, which earned a grin from the brunette. "Ah yes, studying for the most intense tests any of us have ever seen. So much fun. At least we have fewer classes so we have more free time."

It was then that Hailey asked what they wanted to do after graduation, earning a small smile from Aspen. "Well, as Wren mentioned, I think I'd like to teach Herbology. I've already asked about it though, and you've got to be graduated for five years before you can teach. So... I don't know. I would say work in an apothecary, but the only one I trust is owned by my parents. Maybe something fun, though." She shrugged, wondering what her friends would claim to be their paths.

addaellis

kiska166

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:13 am

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Wren made a mock pained expression when Hailey “informed” him that Hogwarts did not have a team that competed against the other schools--which really sucked because as he heard Durmstrang had pretty wicked competitive Quidditch matches. Welp, it didn’t much matter. LIke Aspen mentioned, they'd be gone in a year anyways. He considered the idea of doing a pick up friendly. That…sounded like a lot of work. But...maybe a distraction wouldn’t be a bad thing. He could name a few people who might benefit from getting up in the air instead of weeping about on land. ”That’s not a bad idea. I might ask the other captains about it.”

He snickered at Aspen’s blush and considered Hailey’s laments recruiting for clubs. Honestly now that he considered it, he wasn’t sure how he and Hailey got along. She was so much like his bookworm-of-a-cousin in that respect: intensely organized, obsessed with grades, and captaining two clubs (one of which was the Language Club). But comparing Hailey to August was rude: one of them was a boring stick-in-the-mud with a stick-up-his-arse and the other was a witty and strategic overachiever that somehow balanced her responsibilities with studying yet still had time for cute conversations. ”Speaking of collaborations, you could probably do an event with the Fite club some kind of recruitment at Quidditch practices? I borrowed some of your stretches for our warmup, so you could probably recruit or at least get word of mouth going through the other teams too.”

They seem all agreed that a younger student henchman assistant would be useful. Wren snickered when Aspen complained about having too many notes to write or even dictate. Wren did not usually have that problem: He simply borrowed his friends’ notes. By now he knew exactly who to ask for each class such that the notes were comprehensible and useful. There were, of course there were classes he preferred writing his own notes on: for Potions, Alchemy, or Wandlore Wren’ notes were surprisingly organized and neat, and even his Runes notes were pretty complete. But it was simply easier--and lazier--for him to to decipher Eion’s notes in Divination or get Aspen’s notes for Healing and just listen in class. ”Maybe? Eh, we’d probably have to teach them half of what we were dictating so they even spell things correctly. But maybe they could look up books? And of course grab stuff for clubs, bring you study snacks, dance on command. That would be nice. Like a little secretary. Hailey you could use a secretary, heh. And they get the pleasure of basking in our awesomeness.”

Wren shrugged when Hailey asked about post-grad plans. ”Sleep in every day, eat fancy food and catch up on my reading list?” he snorted, only partially joking. ”Actually I got an internship at Ollivander’s over the summer and will probably just see if I can do that again? Wandmaking or potioneering anyways. Both are pretty fun, and either could make a pretty decent career.” He turned to Aspen: ”If you’d prefer, herbology research is always a thing. My aunt built her career off something like that,” he mentioned, jerking his head towards the new red haired potioneer at the professor's table. Wren directed the question back at Hailey: ”What about you? Still thinking of putting all your electives into starting your own yoga center?”

kiska166

✧✦

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:23 am
User Image
                                              Hailey Scheer

Hailey considered Wren’s suggestion of teaming up with the Fite Club to recruit club members at the Quidditch games. “I suppose that’s not a bad idea,” she muttered under her breath as the boy continued on, explaining that he uses a few of her stretches to warm the Slytherin team up pre-game. Maybe it would do her more good to campaign at the Quidditch matches than it did for her to watch and cheer. “Who’s in charge of the Fite Club anyway?” she asked, puzzled as she tried to think of who it could be. If she wasn’t mistaken, the previous leader had graduated last year. The only reason the blonde even knew who led the Club was because the girl who did lead it was always loud and boasting about her involvement at the school.

Hailey chuckled when Aspen suggested their get their future assistant to write up all their notes. “I think it might be more realistic to come up with a spell that allows our quills to write for us,” she commented. The amount of notes that both of the girls take would be too much for a younger student to do, especially on top of taking their own notes. Besides, notes that others take don’t usually meet the blonde’s standards. Hailey looked back over at Wren when he mentioned they’d have to teach their henchman since the younger student wouldn’t have any idea on how to spell half of the vocabulary that they were learning. “We’re better off getting our assistant to do those other things,” she commented, referring to them grabbing supplies, bringing snacks, and even dancing on command.

Hailey listened as Aspen explained that she’d like to teach Herbology, but didn’t know what she would do prior to that. “Would you be willing to work at your parents’ apothecary? If so, I think that direction would be best,” she said, assuming the apothecary used a lot of herbs and plants. Otherwise, Wren’s suggestion was also a good choice. The blonde then turned her attention to her fellow seventh year Prefect as he spoke, adding her own snort along with his to his first response. “Oh, I hadn’t known you were working at Ollivander’s. You’ll always be in business if you’re a wandmaker,” she commented before adding, “Same thing with Potions.”

When asked what she wanted to do, Hailey sat up straight and responded, “I think so. At least once I earn enough money to open up my own fitness centre. Until then, I’m thinking of working in the Ministry of Magic and teaching yoga on the side. It’ll make me more money that way than if I worked for someone else teaching yoga full time.” All of her NEWTs would come in handy with getting a higher paying job at the Ministry, too. But, she didn’t see herself working in an office environment forever. Deep down, she was still a yogi at heart and needed to work in fitness.

addaellis
Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:33 pm
User ImageUser Image

Like a face that I hold inside
                                                        A face that awakes when I close my eyes

A face that watches every time I lie
                                                        A face that laughs every time I fall

Landon rolled his eyes at the hat. "No sheep and I'll fit in fine. My a**..." he muttered. He silently made his way to the Slytherin table and found a seat. This school was already turning out to be a bust, but he wasn't sure he really had a choice on being here. He glanced around at the people near him and shook his head. If everyone in this house was like him, he would have a rough time turning them into anything useful, and that was not good for him. He didn't like people he couldn't make into something that would make his life better.

It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
                                                        It's like a whirlwind inside of my head

It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
                                                        It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin

(open for interaction)
                                                        Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:53 pm
User Image
                                                I used to roll the dice
                                                Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
                                                Listened as the crowd would sing
                                                Now the old king is dead long live the king

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════
                                                Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                ════════════════════════

Timothy had been watching the sorting quietly, noting where people went. However, when the stool was placed away, he stood patiently and walked over to the podium. He looked over the crowd of assembled students, ready to welcome them to the new school year. "Welcome back to Hogwarts everyone. I hope that your summers were enjoyable, but now it's time to begin a new school year. For those that are just joining us, welcome to the school, and may your time here be full of learning and excitement. Before we get tot he feast, I would like to review a few of the rules that need to be repeated for the older students and should be pointed out for the incoming ones. First off, there is to be no magic used in the hallways between classes, and second, the Forbidden Forest is named such for a reason, and students that ignore that are likely to have a most unpleasant encounter should they push their luck. Other rules are posted for people to review, but these are the most constantly broken ones. Now, let us sit back and enjoy the feast, and again, welcome to everyone here." Timothy took a seat, ready himself to eat.

════════════════════════

Thinking: New year, new faces...
                                                OOC:

One minute I held the key
                                                Next the walls were closed on me
                                                And I discovered that my castles stand
                                                Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:13 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall - Slytherin Table
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Hopefully Friends!
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Sorting!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is exciting!

Daphne was excited, not only for the sorting, but to make friends at her new spot. She got sent to Slytherin, which had pretty green outfits. Awesome! She skipped over to her new table, plopping down to eagerly watch the rest. Hopefully there would be a bunch of cool girls to hang out with in the sorting. The girl tried to remember what the nice governess lady said about the houses. Slytherin was... ambition, cunning, and leadership, all three she figured matched her pretty well. She was sure she'd get a step up here, and she'd be able to achieve so many goals. The girl straightened her slightly wrinkled blouse, bouncing in her seat as she waited for others to join the house.

{{OoC: Available to pester! Feel free!}}
I ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍɪss ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴛ! I'ᴍ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ғᴇᴇᴛ!
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ
I'ᴍ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ, I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴠᴇs ᴜᴘ ᴀs I ɢᴏ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴄʀᴜɪsɪɴɢ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ, ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ ɢʀᴏᴏᴠɪɴɢ
Iᴛ's ʟɪᴋᴇ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ sᴀʏɪɴɢ ɪᴛ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴛᴇʀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ
I sʜᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏғғ, I sʜᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏғғ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:56 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

first year || Slytherin || halfblood

"My, we are bossy, aren't we?
Analytical, with a mind for numbers and details
Oh, yes, you'll be an excellent
Slytherin!"

Bossy? Analytical? That first wasn't exactly high praise, but Echo Angharad wasn't to ever be deterred. She could take that as a compliment to her leadership abilities. As soon as the hat was removed, Echo Angharad slipped off the stool, her robes fluttering into a deep green. Slytherin House. Momma's house. Yes, she could make do.

One of the earlier sorts was already there. Messy hair, clearly secondhand robes that didn't quite fit her and weren't even ironed. Disgusting. She had to share a room with this creature? Echo pasted a smile on her face but didn't extend her hand as she took the seat opposite the girl. "Hello, dear."

Harlynn was just sitting down as Echo turned her attention back to the the Sorting Hat. In no time, the hat had called Slytherin as well. Relief! At least she wouldn't be alone. She stood and shifted, making room for Harlynn next to her with a smile. Just two more, and given the speed, hopefully the hat had indeed seen sense..

Milan...was sorted into Ravenclaw. Echo was on her feet, a strangled cry dying halfway from her throat. NO. NONONO, You IDIOT hat! You absolute, terrible, filthy, trash-cloth! How could the hat do this to them?!

Yari's name shifted her attention. Ravenclaw House was known for its intelligence and creativity, right? Yari wasn't exactly a traditional sort of intelligent, but no one could deny her creativity, and her patience and irreverence could be built into the kind of thing Ravenclaw valued. Sometimes Echo was even jealous. Perhaps the hat simply meant to split them in two, so they wouldn't be alone but could cover more ground--"Slytherin!"

Echo Angharad would have screamed and torn that hat up with her bare hands if it weren't utterly inappropriate to do so. It felt like someone had had taken a knife to a tapestry. Milan's brows furrowed in confusion as he looked back towards his sisters. Then he took his seat at the table next to them, turning his chin up. Echo followed suit, swallowing her outrage, indignation, and heartbreak; she tilted her chin up and sat down again, making room for Yari between her and Harlynn. Echo's hands curled into fists in her lap. She was relieved to have two of her sisters with her. But Milan shouldn't have had to be alone.

They were quadruplets, born into the world as four, together. They were a team. The best team! Why couldn't the hat see that?

...That scheming, treacherous...b*****d IMBECILE hat!

setting Slytherin Table, Sorting Feast 2053 || with Harlynn, Milan, Yaretzi
appearance 4’6”, slim || wearing crisply ironed uniform
status MILAN

Kungfudemoness

Stefan Lee Salvatore

(What follows) me as the whitest lace of light
(Will swallow whole) just begs to be imbrued?
(What follows) has led me to this place
Where I belong, with all erased
What follows
✩★
"Girl’s Not Grey" by AFI. Cover by Fueled by Emo.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:54 am
User Image
Harlynn Alexandria Wellbelove
first year || Slytherin || halfblood

Chop chop? Hm, quite like your sister, aren't you
Demanding and determined
Very well, then, it'll be

Slytherin!

Harlynn initially thought the hat knew what it was doing when it stuck Echo and her in Slytherin. Of all the colors emerald green was acceptable. However as the waited for Milan to join the they heard the hat sort Milan into Ravenclaw. How dare it try and split them up! While totally understanding Echo's reaction she nudged her sister. It was unbecoming to let some ratty hat get the best of them. Perhaps Yari would get to be Ravenclaw so Milan wasn't alon-

Slytherin!

Oh now the hat was being incredibly rude! How dare it shove Milan over in another house. She looked over to her brother who's composure was thin. They better not be mean to her brother there! She had never been mad about colors before (perhaps disgusted) but she was so mad that Milan's robes were navy blue and not emerald like theirs. She tried not to see it as losing a brother. It's not like he's dying. Perhaps he can spy for them. Get some useful dirt on the birdbrains of his house. Yes they can make use of this. 'No need to cry Harlynn you got this, you'll look gross if u cry.' She thought discreetly, getting the slight tear build up in her eyes away. She didn't want to embarrass her sisters or Wellbelove name.  

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:20 pm
User Image
Yaretzi Rose Wellbelove
First Year Slytherin

"Two plus two is fish. Come on, be more creative!"

Yari began to cry when the hat said Slytherin, no sun, no Milan. She should have been more specific when she asked the hat to keep her with her siblings, she didn’t want Milan to be alone. This was the worst thing that could have happened, sure she was glad to be with her sisters, but her brother was all alone…. Maybe they could sneak him into the Slytherin girls dorm, kick that other Slytherin first year out. That could work well probably.

She swore vengeance on the hat, yes she would spend the next 7 years of her life plotting it’s destruction or serious harm. Would bleach work on the hat? What if they poured it into the hat’s mouth? Would a seam ripper work? What if they just put the hat on the head of a bunch of nerds who were panicking over tests, would the hat go insane? She would go through every experiment possible to figure this out. The first step: Where did they keep the hat when it wasn’t sorting feast day?

She squeezed herself between Echo and Harlynn, crying on Echo’s shoulder while holding Harlynn’s hand, and looking over at Milan, all alone. Echo would probably kill Yari later, when she realized there were tear and snot stains on her robe. Yari would have to make it up for her, maybe help her get dressed in the mornings or something.

The sorting quickly ended after that, and food appeared on their plates. Yari looked at it, "Do you think this is worth eating? It doesn’t look super appealing. Plus, I don’t know. I think I’m too upset to eat. How dare that hat… can we toss food at it instead of eating the food? It’s a bit immature but….we need Milan…. Don’t we?

"You can't tell me I'm wrong, I know I'm right."

Setting: Great hall w/ siblings
Thoughts: Milan crying
Wearing: Slytherin Robes (at least not a horrible color)

CatWaffle
addaellis

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas