Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:30 pm
Nelowulf
Can we at least have the specs on these plasma pistols?

Its kind of annoying trying to figure out how you can have a disrupter/netgun/blaster and at least know what cover protects you. Right now it seems to be unable to be blocked by anything, as it went right through a lightsaber.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:31 pm
Quote:

Can we at least have the specs on these plasma pistols?

Its kind of annoying trying to figure out how you can have a disrupter/netgun/blaster and at least know what cover protects you. Right now it seems to be unable to be blocked by anything, as it went right through a lightsaber.

Okay, I've been working on specs for these things for awhile... The Plasma Carbine that Calra uses has three primary settings only one of which can't be blocked by a blaster.

Tight-Beam High-Power, maximum penetration, its useful against armored vehicles and can only be turned by heavy shielding or ion plate i.e. an AT-AT's hull. THis setting doubles ammo consumption limiting shots to only two per power pack.

Combat-Power, this setting enables a Rapora to engage targets besides vehicles with extreme efficiency, burning through almost all types of armor, but like all Plasma weapons its ammo capacity is extremely limited allowing for only five shots per power pack.

Wide-Beam, useful against unarmored foes the beam delivers both an electrical pulse that stuns the target as well as causing grievous injuries to exposed body parts. A flight suit offers some protection and true armor defeats all but the stun effect. The plasma bolt expands rapidly increasing to a diameter of three meters after traveling ten meters enabling it to engage multiple targets and breach a jedi's lightsaber defense.

Here's the stats:

Quote:
Kar Drask Plasma Carbine

The standard weapon of the Raporan Warrior the Kar Drask Carbine is a terrifying weapon. The plasma carbine is capable of punching through all sorts of personal armor and even light energy shielding. It can deliver as much destructive damage as class 4 blaster cannons. If that wasn’t enough the weapon features a clip enabling a Rapora to attach his lightsword like a bayonet.

Fortunately for those few who may find themselves looking down the wrong end of this weapon the weapon has an extremely high rate of energy consumption and suffers from severe drops in delivered damage at range.

While the devastating firepower that this weapon offers against all targets is something worthy of appreciation, that same fire power is its greatest downside. Heat builds up very quickly inside the complex and interwoven galvin circuitry and the repeated exposure of high intensity plasma and molten metal require constant maintenance of the barrel by skilled weapon smiths to prevent the barrel from becoming shot out and loosing all accuracy. A failure to properly maintain the weapon may also result in a devastating failure of the weapons breach turning this carbine into a plasma bomb.

The only example of this weapon in known space belongs to the Raporan force-smith Revak Valar’s constant companion and bodyguard Calra Nordur.

Type: Plasma Carbine
Damage Rating: 4d10
Effective Range: 38m
Maximum Range: 68m
Shots per power pack: 5
Shots per gas canister: 8

Kar Vada Plasma Pistol

The personal sidearm of Raporan officers and dignitaries the Kar Vada is a weapon that packs as much punch as a disruptor. Only three of these weapons have made their way off the Raporan home-world so far. Two belong to the Raporan Warrior Calra Nordur, while the remaining weapon is in the hands of her associate, the force-smith Revak Valar.

Type: Plasma Pistol
Damage Rating: 5d8
Effective Range: 18m
Maximum Range: 32m
Shots per power pack: 24
Shots per gas canister: 27

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:33 pm
Cale Darksun
Hey Rapora and Chiss, Do the terms Ive stated work for settling this dispute without further bloodshed?

Hello....  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:37 pm
Check my post Cale, you might think on my suggestion...  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:43 pm
My origional solution remains.
As long as the Hangar is repaired and the Chiss relocated, then we can achieve peace.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:43 pm
So long as I'm out of their reach I'm happy. twisted  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:46 pm
So a plasma bolt is basically impossible to defend against, period.

Gotcha.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:47 pm
Can it you.
I'm not happy with your conduct in this.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:48 pm
Yeah... but if you fill the air with blaster fire while they're changing power packs... cool  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:50 pm
Just get the wall fixed so I can let FP and his Chiss buddies move to another bay.
I'm getting rather irritated about this entire mess.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:51 pm
stellarmagic
Yeah... but if you fill the air with blaster fire while they're changing power packs... cool

Whoopie.

Still means that its impossible to defend against, even at the lowest setting.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:52 pm
what about light shields?  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:53 pm
Unless you're a stormie or some creature thats resistant to stun bolts... In which case said weapon is useless. Also the max range on Raporan weaponry is much shorter then most weapons.

Light shields? It's protect you from the broad beam but high beam would slice right through a personal shield. Medium beam... fifty fifty chance.

Solution to the Raporan problem, attack with a six to one numerical advantage. Even if the rapora empties its rifle with a hit each time the last guy can shoot him while he's reloading.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:02 pm
Even on the lowest setting, it hits create a stun effect. And it can't even be blocked by a lightsaber, as it goes right through. If a light shield can protect it, how does a lightsaber not?

And how did the Raporan's develop a weapon against the jedi, a foe which they have never encountered? One would assume it would be obvious, from the fact they've never seen a vibrosword, nor developed a defense against it. Hence, the lightsaber is just as viable.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:04 pm
I figured it was because they all use lightsaber like weapons as melee equipment. naturally they'd find a way to counter a lightsaber's defensive capabilities.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games