Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:45 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Trickblues
User Image
Merciless memories
They're ringing on so unforgivingly
They show no intent of letting me go free
And if I close my eyes, and try to drown them out they only grow
They're closing in and far away you laugh

User Image

Muggleborn | Unsorted First Year | Eleven Years Old
September 1, 2059 Sorting Feast With: Everyone
Wearing: School Robes Status: Excited to be on his own

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Dr. Cross and Dr. Cross stood before him. While the rest of the children hugged their parents and said their teary farewells, Ivan once again felt as if he were being forced to suffer through some sort of business meeting. Cold and terse as always, even when their only son was leaving home for the first time. Even when their only son was leaving home to learn magic.

“Be sure to take your medicine on time. Set your watch, if you must.” His father, Dr. Cross, clicked open his pocket watch as he spoke, more focused on the seconds passing than being present in the moment. He had a conference to attend after this.

“We expect a full report home at least once a week.” While his mother, Dr. Cross, paid Ivan attention, she was distant in demeanor. “If your primary studies fall behind, we will be bringing you home. I don’t care what that governess has to say on the matter. Your best interests are what's most important.”

Ivan almost wanted to laugh at how she was in such a state of denial. As if this school were fake, and charms and potions would do him no good compared to muggle (he loved that word, muggle) history and physics. She stated time and time again her concern he could become delusional and fall into flights of fantasy, but wasn’t that hypocritical? If anything, she was delusional. All of this proof right in front of her, and yet she sticks to her guns.

Instead of laughter, he returned her gaze with a wry smile. “Not to worry, Mum. I’ll try my best.”

“Try your best…” His father heaved a sigh and clasped his watch shut. “What have I told you, Ivan?”

‘This shite again.’ “Don’t try, do.” The boy replied dutifully.

“Exactly.” At this, Dr. Cross seemed pleased. He even pat his son on the shoulder. “You’re perfectly capable. We expect nothing but the best from you.”

For Ivan, boarding the Hogwarts Express was a breath of fresh air. Finally, he had agency! Of course the expectations of him were high, but he wasn’t worried at all. For once he had no idea what awaited him next. There would be no appointments, no need to follow his parents’ strict routines. There were certain things he would still have to do for himself, but those were his choice to do, and that alone was worth everything.

He took in everything. The bustle of the train, the awe of the castle as they floated closer in the night. It was so big! Surely there would be enough to explore to keep him busy for months, but then classes? Extracurriculars? Getting to know new people? He couldn’t wait to get started.

If he wasn’t sure about magic before, the Great Hall was proof enough. They were certainly inside, yet the stairs shined above them anyway–and that was no skylight. As it turned out, the four different tables, and different colors, signified the four houses that a student might be sorted into. Ivan hadn’t the slightest clue which one he wanted to be in himself. He was sure there were others as in awe as he was, and others still that hoped to be sorted into the houses of their families and friends. Considering Ivan’s parents were non-magic, he didn’t have a preference–and if he did, it would have been their polar opposite.

As Cross was called fairly early on, Ivan didn’t have long to ponder. He stepped up as instructed and waited patiently as the sorting hat was placed upon him, tickled pink that a hat was making such an important decision. It was almost as if Ivan had walked through a portal into an opposite world. Whatever the decision, he was eager to see what was waiting for him next. "Alright, Sorting Hat. Do with me what you will."

xxxPERSONALITYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

INQUISITIVE The two greatest questions a person can ask are “Why?” and “What would happen?”. Though filled with endless curiosity, Ivan won’t simply accept an answer at face value. He loves nothing more than to seek and find the answers out for himself with his own eyes, his own ears, and his own hands.

DETACHED Due to his upbringing, Ivan has difficulty forming lasting attachments. Any sentimental attachments were eventually viewed as a form of dependency and were disposed of or taken away “for his own good”. Yet, as he grows, his general indifference towards his possessions or even forging lasting friendships has created a new set of concerns for his parents who are stumped as to why he has developed a “Reactive Attachment Disorder”. If you ask Ivan, it’s because he simply doesn’t trust his parents after taking away safety blankets, pets, and his best friend for no good reason! What’s the purpose of getting attached when anything he loves is ripped from him the moment he lets his guard down? Still, it must be nice for those that can afford to.

ADAPTABLE While it’s annoying when things don’t go how you want or expect, Ivan accepts that this is just a regular part of life. It won’t do any good to fight against setbacks, so instead, he has learned to roll with the punches so to speak. With his family, for example, he’s learning that if he leans into their expectations of his regimen, he’s in for a much easier time. Is it lying? Yes. But sometimes you’ve just got to do what you’ve got to do if you want to make it. To make it outside the home, oftentimes it’s as simple as a smile.

CHARISMATIC It may be a challenge to forge a close relationship with Ivan, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t easy to get along with. On the contrary, Ivan is brimming with charm and a sharp wit. He enjoys engaging in conversation and debate, as well as getting to know those around him. He is an ever-friendly presence in and out of the classroom.

HUMOROUS Nothing like a healthy dose of laughter first thing in the morning. Ivan loves a good joke, even better to watch a prank or two unfold. He’ll even participate, when he’s feeling particularly cheeky. The world can be so serious; it’s nice to let loose and lighten things up now and again.

OPTIMIST Ivan won’t let a little rain ruin his day. A firm believer that everything happens for a reason, he is always on the lookout for his silver linings. No matter the situation, he can get through it, and come out on the other side better than ever.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
                                                              Username

Will the rain falling down ever find an ending?
                                                              All this time I've been waiting in the freezing cold
                                                              Will the rain ever leave me alone, I wonder why it chose
                                                              To follow me when there's nowhere else I can go

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
I'm sorry to see your mind is used to
being poked and proded and psychoanalyzed
Yet you've kept your optimism and your self
You'll find trying is sometimes all you need.

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:01 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall - Front Stage
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? My Wonderful Colleagues and the Precious Students
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Sorting Ceremony
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is exciting for sure!

After collecting the rather large First Year Class from the boathouse (and fishing one poor dear out of the water and drying him off), Phoebe led the group into the castle. As they walked, she explained the paintings, stairs, and haunts of Hogwarts, before leading them into the Great Hall. Here were all the students, as well as the Staff, many of whom were new this year. She gestured to the first years to stop in the aisle between tables, then she stepped to the front of the Great Hall.

"Good evening, dear students. Those that have been here before might know me as Professor Clarke, teacher of Astronomy and Hufflepuff House Leader. I'm pleased to announce that this year, I will be stepping into the role of Deputy Headmistress as well. Dear Professor Harlowe decided to retire, so she could explore this wide world of ours. But, let us not delay. I'm sure we are all excited to see where our newest students will be placed... And to make sure we have time for dinner. So, let's begin.

First years, when your name is called, please join me here. You will sit on the stool, while our wonderful Sorting Hat places you in your home."
                                                              She used a wandless spell to get the scroll with the student list to float before her. Lifting her glasses up onto her face, Phoebe began calling names so the sweet kids could find their houses.

{{Wearing :: A Lovely Outfit complete with sparkly glasses}}
Fᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss, ɢᴜɪᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇɴᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʀᴛ
Tʜᴇʏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ I'ᴍ ᴛᴏᴏ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ
Tʜᴇʏ sᴀʏ I'ᴍ ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
Wᴇʟʟ ʟɪғᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴘᴀss ᴍᴇ ʙʏ ɪғ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴜᴘ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs, ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ғɪɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴍᴇ
Sᴏ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴡɪsᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ
Aʟʟ ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ I ᴡᴀs ғɪɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I ᴡᴀs ʟᴏsᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:25 pm
User Image

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Vesna Proctor
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Unsorted - Pureblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Vesna filed into the Great Hall with the other students, mostly warm and dry. She had ridden in the boat with a few of the other students, including a very unlucky boy named Sebastian, who had fallen into the lake while climbing onto the dock. Vesna, Lyric, and Declan had fortunately gotten out of the boat first, so when he toppled in, she had only been slightly sprayed with lake water meanwhile the blue haired boy had gotten soaked. Thanks to magic, neither stayed wet and were able to pay attention to the Sorting Ceremony (even if Sebastian looked a little crusty from the lake water). Vesna watched as Lyric, then Declan, and finally, Sebastian were all sorted, and as the ceremony continued, she waited expectantly for her turn. There it was – her name had been called! The pagan made her way onto the stage before sitting down and politely placing her hands in her lap, awaiting to hear where she’d be placed.

SYSTEMATIC Vesna has a method to her madness and tends to live intentionally. She schedules time to partake in her rituals and calls upon specific deities, spirits, or energies for guidance, protection, or assistance. She never calls upon them if she thinks it would be a waste of their time.
                                              ACTIVE Growing up with the great outdoors as her backyard and moving around to set up the carnival in different places, Vesna never learned to stay still for long. She always played in nature, be it a nearby creek or climbing up the tallest tree she could find.
                                              TOUGH As the eldest sibling, Ves had learned to be strong. If anyone tried messing with her siblings, she wouldn't hesitate to stand up for them.
                                              MYSTICAL Vesna grew up embracing paganism. In fact, she welcomed it with a warm hug through invocation, offerings, and meditation.
                                              RESTRAINED Vesna is very good at preventing herself from displaying strong emotions, even in the most blood-wrenching times. She often pretends she doesn't care as to not be disappointed. She is also restrained in the way that she dresses, choosing mostly earth or neutral toned clothing rather than bright colours that one would expect to see at the carnival.
                                              FALSE Due to Vesna being restrained, others tend to criticize her for being insincere or for hiding her real feelings.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Under the p a l e moon
                                              Where I see a lot of s t a r s, I saw the s i g n

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:37 pm
Hold my hand (Hold my hand)
Through all the bad things, you seem
A little better since you now believe
I won’t ever drop you like you are old news
Clear the air (Clear the air)

User Image
User Image

Ʋƞsσɾteɗ Fiɾst Yeɑɾ 🌻 Iɗeɑlist 🌻

🍀☯🌷☮Lyric followed behind the line of first years but keeping his eyes peeled for Seb to make sure nothing else happened to him. They had made it across the lake relatively safely but of course something unexpected had to happen. The colorful boy helped his companions out the boat before himself and accidentally fell in. Thankfully he was close to shore so it wasn't too deep but still. Lake water was lake water and it was pretty chilly. He seemed to still be in good spirits though so hopefully it stayed that way. Now though came the awkward main event and with each name called brought him closer and closer to his fate. Soon enough, he heard his name be called and as he walked over to the stool he tried looking over at the older students to get a glimpse of his brother. He couldn't really so he just had to suck it up and get on with. As the hat settled all he could really think was 'does the hat remember everyone its ever sorted or just wipes itself clean every year?'

xP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                ◊ MELLOW Lyric likes when everything and everyone is calm cool and collected. He doesn’t see anything good from being too much of anything-too angry people are wary too happy and people might discourage- so he tries to find a nice happy balance. Emphasis on “try”.
                                                ◊ SHREWD A benefit of fading into the background is that he’s almost always able to look at things from every angle. He’s not one to take things and face value and is always looking to see the bigger picture.
                                                ◊ LOQUACIOUS Lyric enjoys talking, even if no one is around to hear him. Talking to himself helped allot when he was younger and now he’ll sometimes just start speaking about what he’d learned that day, a random thing/fact he’d just remembered, a dream he’d had, basically anything.
                                                ◊ HYPERCAUTIOUS With his shrewdness comes an excess of caution. Everything and everyone is not always good or helpful and will certainly not always have your best interest at heart. Sometimes you find good ones, but those are rare and you have to dig through all the bad ones first. He doesn’t like to offer anything particularly personal upfront until he’s been proven the person is trustworthy.
                                                ◊ SELF-CONSCIOUS With his rather sheltered and chaotic upbringing, Lyric doesn’t have the best self image. He’s trying but it’s a work in progress. He doesn’t like bringing attention to himself and will always push the focus on others if it is.
                                                ◊ GENUINE Lyric is an honest and genuine person about everything. If he doesn’t trust you, he’ll tell. If he does, he’ll tell you. He doesn’t see the point of wasting energy in lying or pretending, it’ll just hurt people’s feelings in the long run. Plus it just means that if he likes and trusts you, he really really does.

[color#98A148]"Hi,

I’ll always be right here
When everything’s unclear
Please promise you won’t let go
Hold on 'til the morning
Forget all the scoring
Your flowers will finally grow

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:45 pm
User Image
❅ Emily ❅ Emilia Serene Dyfodwg ❅
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx Unsorted Muggleborn
Time: 2060-2061

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Emily arrived with all the other first years in the Great Hall. And she would admit it was impressive. The night sky floating above them and lit in glowing candle light. She held her head high and did not bother to look farther at the Gryffindor table where her half brother Cai was (presumably) than a glance. She had to be ready to face whatever she must to get sorted. Whatever she must face was... it was a hat. A talking hat? Odd. Everything was odd. It was the school of the freaks as her mother put it. The hat process was a lice infection just waiting to happen. Ew. At least she was early in the list. That might save her.

"Emilia Dyfodwg" was called out and good gracious they even pronounced her last name right. Well good for them, they either spoke Welsh, knew some Welsh, or bothered to try before it came to her. They did have Cai's name to practice on first.

Sitting down, she had previously noted the hat did not always linger on students and hoped for that fate. Just sort and be done with it. Send her to a place for the ambitious and clever - and for Morgana's sake don't put her in the same house as Cai. She wasn't ready to acquire a brother when they barely spoke for years even if Cai seemed more ready to accept her. And she had noticed the yellow and black house - she'd rather not look like a bumble bee either.

Personality

CLEVER Likely too clever for her own good, Emily has honed a watchful eye knowing when to avoid her somewhat moody mother and how to keep her happy. Yet it is more than that she is good with puzzles and picking up the general information of what is only read once (even if it is in the dreaded English)
                                                          GREEN THUMB Emily had to endure lectures about getting dirty helping the gardeners (when she could sneak off) for years as she begged for a hydroponic garden at least (so she wouldn't get so dirty). Finally her father gave in and gifted her a hydroponic garden that was 6 foot long when she was 8. To her it was a more exciting gift than a pony (and she already got one of those when she was 3).
                                                          JUDGEMENTAL Her mother's poisonous words on how Emily and of course she was always better than others. They were better than Emily's father's "old" family. After all Brandon chose Laura and thus chose Emily. And of course her father ensured Emily got the best of everything. When you have everything money can buy what else do you do? You buy more and money just makes you better.
                                                          PLEASANT Even if Emily thought she was better than you, you'd never know it. In fact you would be quicker to think Emily thought she was less than you. She is quick to be agreeable and often molds her personality to please those around her. It is not that she does not have her own opinions, usually she does not consider them, all in order to avoid conflict. Conflict is one of her greatest fears and she has become quite good to put the face on that others want to see.
                                                          ATTENTION STARVED She would never be one to suggest her parents emotionally neglected her, though her mother began to ignore her quite a bit when she was no longer "pretty" (when her lovely golden locks turned pink). Her father would stop by to say hello or tuck her in when he was home and not on one of his grand adventures. Staff was always around the mansion. She had friends, lots of them, but at the end of the day she was the one taking care of others and making sure they were happy. Emily would laugh and smile with the best of them so no one thought the princess in the tower was missing anything at all.
                                                          FRIENDLY In many ways Emily's chameleon like ways to avoid conflict and make others happy and always listen makes her a really good friend to have. Perhaps you may suggest friendship is a two way street but Emily sees it as more something you can leverage for your social standing and thus be less likely a target for dislike. If everyone is your friend who is there to stand against you?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                                          Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? The Great Hall
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Everyone
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I just hope I'm with Seb

Declan had enjoyed the boat trip, even if he was sitting with two new people. It had taken him a while to adapt to being around Seb, but at least Lyric and Vesna seemed nice and didn't bully him at all. Declan stood with Sebastian, wishing he could hold his friend's hand to stem the nervousness coursing through him. He wasn't a big fan of sitting in front of everyone while his house was decided. When he heard his name called, he squeaked and threw one last glance at Seb for courage, then meekly stepped forward and took his seat upon the stool. When the hat was placed upon his head, Declan closed his eyes. Lyric said you're psychic so please put me with my friend, Declan thought to himself, his heart beating in his throat. Peeking open his blue eyes, he glanced at everyone watching him then squeezed his eyes shut again. All of Declan's past ridicules came to the surface while he sat there, thinking about all the times he was 'the center of attention'. Every time had been when he was getting picked on at school and he did not enjoy having everyone watch him. At least no one was laughing or throwing things at him.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Lᴀᴜɢʜɪɴɢ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs ʜᴀs ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴜʀᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ, ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

xxxxxShy
          Declan was always told a child should be seen but not heard, by his school, church, and parents which he internalized that into a shy nature. He has trouble opening up even around his peers, which only contributes to his shyness as he's sometimes viewed as weird for his quiet nature.
          xxxxxStudious
          Schoolwork was an outlet for him to funnel his stresses and frustrations. That made him naturally better at his work than his peers around him. He took a liking to reading at an early age because it also provided him an escape from the natural world around him, though his reading subjects were limited to those approved by his parents.
          xxxxxOpen-Minded
          Unlike most from his normal life, Declan is very open and understanding of others and their ways of life. While his parents are quick to condemn anything that isn't approved by the church, he was different and understood, but more than that, accepted the lifestyles of those around him.
          xxxxxLoyal
          It takes much to get through the thick exterior of awkwardness and quiet, but once someone makes their way in, Declan is fiercely loyal to those around him. He will go out of his way to assist a friend in need, even if it costs him physically.
          xxxxxArtistic
          At a young age, he discovered his gift for prose, writing poetry for his early childhood writing class. He excelled more than others when writing and attempted other forms of art including sketching and charcoal art. But none let him express himself like poetry allowed.
          xxxxxAdventurous
          Exploring, learning new things, searching through ruins, Declan enjoys it all. His parents took him to a hiking trail in the south of Ireland once and while hiking, Declan found an old ruin overgrown with vines that he explored. He loves exploring old buildings, libraries, and basically anywhere he can get lost in fantasy.

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♫ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? The Great Hall
xxx♪ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Everyone at school
xxxx♫ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting time! Whoo!
xxxxx♪ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Ohmygosh I can't wait!

The boat trip had been a long one and Ella turned out to not be the talkative sort, but she still seemed pretty chill. Liv was still hanging out with Fi, at least for most of the time. Going in alphabetical order by last name meant she was probably near the bottom of the list. Liv couldn't contain her excitement and danced around in a little circle where she was standing. The raven haired girl glanced around at the tables, sizing up her potential House mates and looking for anyone who could be a friend. She felt like she was standing around for hours when she finally heard her name called. Olivia skipped up to the dais and took a seat on the stool, letting the hat be placed on her head. Her mind was racing a mile a minute, wondering if she'd get put into Gryffindor for her energetic nature, or Hufflepuff for her friendly nature. Slytherin possibly for her love of snakes. Definitely not Ravenclaw. Sure she was creative, but she was hecking bad at studying and she didn't really care about schoolwork. Liv always knew that her destiny laid outside of schoolwork and so she never really cared about it. Her legs were kicking as she sat on the stool, waiting for her Sorting to be complete.

Tʜᴇʏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴜs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ
          ᴛᴏᴏ ʙᴜsʏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡɪɴɢ ʀᴏᴄᴋs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴇɪʟɪɴɢ
          Tʜᴇʏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴜs ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɴᴏ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ
          ʙᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴜs ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ
          Wᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄʜᴀsɪɴɢ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡs ɪɴ ᴄᴏɴᴄʀᴇᴛᴇ ᴄᴀsᴛʟᴇs!
          Rᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴏғ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Wɪᴛʜ sᴄʀᴀᴘᴇs ᴏɴ ᴏᴜʀ ᴋɴᴇᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʀɪᴘs ɪɴ ᴏᴜʀ ᴊᴇᴀɴs
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ɪғ ɪᴛ's ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴏʀ ʀɪɢʜᴛ
          Wᴇ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜʀɪʟʟ

xxxxxBoisterous
          Most likely to be heard down the hall, Olivia is loud, noisy, and generally cheerful in nature. Whether it's being excited to see her friend in the hall or cheering at a Quidditch game, you will definitely know that she is there.
          xxxxxDetermined
          There is no goal that she sets that she can't reach. Can't climb that wall, she'll find a way; ball stuck on a roof, she'll get it. If tell her she can't do something, she will most certainly prove you wrong and then gloat about it, no matter how many tries it takes.
          xxxxxFunny
          Jokes, pranks, funny stories, whatever she has to do to get some laughs from her friends and the crowd. She likes to laugh and she likes to make people laugh, even as a young kid. Her parents once bought her a joke book and she memorized every page to retell at every opportunity.
          xxxxxRigid
          Once she makes up her mind about something, it is very hard to change her mind. Which can be a good thing or a bad thing. If you've done something to break her trust or betray her, good luck trying to get back in her good graces. That also applies to school, if she doesn't like a subject, nothing will get her to enjoy it.
          xxxxxAdventurous
          Always looking for a challenge, Olivia will explore anything she can. Nothing scares her, not the dark, not spiders, and definitely not ghosts. She'll crawl into a dark tunnel, or climb into a haunted castle if it promises to be a great adventure.
          xxxxxEnergetic
          Her parents lamented the fact that once Olivia learned to walk, she never sat down again. She was a child who was well known at the market because her parents always had to yell after her. That translated well when it came to sports though because she was always running around.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:49 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mister/Miss Hat!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I smell like seaweed. Yick!

The boats had been so much fun. Well. Until the very end. They were trying to step up onto a dock, and Seb stayed in their little boat to help his friends up first. After passing up the lamp to Dec, the boat was a little wobbly. Holding his arms akimbo, Seb tried to even out, but ended up tumbling over the edge and taking a very cold plunge. Luckily as soon as he bobbed to the surface, the teacher they'd boated over to used magic to lift him up out of the water, then dried him off with a super warm spell. With slightly crunchy clothes and a weird lake smell, Seb rejoined the group, glad that Dec still had his robes.

He put his warm robe back on just as they entered the school, ooh-ing and aah-ing at all the sights. The paintings moved and apparently there were ghosts? This was either gonna be super cool or super terrifying. Like that one horror movie he accidentally watched. Nope. Don't think about that, it was only nightmares. They walked into a huge room full of people. He pushed up to his tiptoes, trying to look at everything at once. Dec seemed super nervous, but Seb was just so fascinated. He vaguely remembered Miss Nora saying once here, to look up, so he did. Emerald eyes went wide, gasping at the array of stars and candles above them. They watched together the first sortings, including that of their new pal Lyric. When they got to the M's, Dec got called away first. Seb watched and sent him a thumbs up, but secretly he was really nervous his friend and he would be sent to different places and never see each other again... probably.

"Sebastian Moon!"

Oh boy, it was his turn. Seb hurried to the front, plopping on the stool. The teacher gently plucked some weed... algae... stuff from his hair, sighing softly. He sent up a nervous grin, then closed his eyes as the hat fell over them, pushing his glasses down his nose. "Hey there, Mister Hat... Or Miss Hat? Um, I was really hoping if you could put me with my new friend. His name's Declan and you just sorted him a minute ago. Please? He's the only one I know very much." He crossed his fingers, hoping the hat was really nice and put him with Dec... or at least one of his friends!

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxCʜᴀᴏᴛɪᴄ
                                                                Life is a rollercoaster and Sebastian is here for the ride. One never knows what Seb is up to, least of all himself. There’s so much to do and see in this world. Why would you want to do the same thing everyday? Life’s short. Dye your hair and be a happy little weirdo.

xxxxxIᴍᴀɢɪɴᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ
                                                                With all the cool things in life, why not be creative? There is a great big world, and Seb spends a lot of time dreaming about how it would be to travel and explore everything. With lots of daydreaming comes lots of creative energy, so it’s not uncommon to see him painting somewhere.

xxxxxCʜʀᴏɴɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ Uɴʟᴜᴄᴋʏ
                                                                For some people, luck is a roll of the dice. For Sebastian, those dice are weighted to the low rolls. Things just seem to go haywire whenever he’s around. Luckily (haha) because of this, Seb has picked up some random skills to try and counterbalance the luck.

xxxxxOᴘᴛɪᴍɪsᴛɪᴄ
                                                                You’d think that being eternally unlucky would make one rather dour, but Seb always finds the silver lining. Fell and scraped his knee? Time for cool bandages. Lost his book? He wanted to read a different genre anyway. Even in the worst of luck, Seb finds the good and rolls with it.

xxxxxTʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛғᴜʟ
                                                                Sebastian cares so deeply about people. And thanks to his seemingly endless misfortune, he’s gotten very good at seeing when people need a hand in life. He’ll be the first to make a fool of himself if it makes someone laugh on a bad day. He also loves leaving little gifts or snacks where people can find them, if only to make them smile for a moment.

xxxxxLᴏʏᴀʟ
                                                                While Seb hasn’t exactly had the best luck making friends (a chaotic childhood will do that), he’s fiercely loyal to those he loves. It takes a lot to sway him from his loyalty, and he will often go far out of his way for friends. After all, what’s a friend for if not to be ride-or-die?

{{Wearing :: Sorting Outfit}}
          S - #FF9966 P- #FFB90F

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Tʜɪs sɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ sᴇᴛs, ɪᴛ ғᴇᴇʟs ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ʜᴏʟᴇ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴇsᴛ
          I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ "Nᴏ, ɴᴏ, ɴᴏ, ɴᴏ, ɪᴛ ɪs ᴇᴀsɪᴇʀ sᴀɪᴅ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴅᴏɴᴇ"
          Bᴜᴛ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴛᴛᴇsᴛ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪᴛ's ʜᴀʀᴅ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀᴄᴛ
          Wʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
          I'ᴍ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴ' ʏᴏᴜ "Nᴏ, ɴᴏ, ɴᴏ, ɴᴏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ
          Sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴀʏ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ. Rᴇʟᴀx, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜʏ?"
          Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ? Jᴜsᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ, ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ?
          Wʜᴇɴ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴇʟᴘɪɴɢ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜʏ, ᴡʜʏ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ?
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:00 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Literally the whole school
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Being Sorted
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? So much for hiding...

Llewella sat quietly as Fi and Liv chatted in the boat. Their ride was only a few minutes long, and as soon as they reached the other side, Ella climbed out of the boat and stepped to the side. Everyone else managed to get out, except one kid with bright teal hair, who plunged into the water. Several people tittered, but Ella used the distraction to step back a bit into the shadow. The group, now with an actual professor (versus the lady from the tree). They walked up to the castle, and inside. Finally, she led them into a giant dining hall, where every other student AND the school professors stood. This was literally hell, and Ella wanted to leave and have someone just. pick a house. Any would do. She didn't plan on talking much in any sort of case.

She shrank down, standing in the center, yet as far from actually touching anyone as possible. At least her brothers weren't here. They'd probably boo her... or throw stuff at her. Or use the upside-down spell until someone took mercy and helped her down. (the record was 7 hours and 12 minutes).

Llewella Eynon!"

The professor was chipper, which was just lovely. Ella silently walked up, her head down to hide her face. As she sat, the hat fell over her eyes, granting her the tiniest measure of privacy. All she wanted to do was flee, but even then, it sounded like she'd have to sit at one of the tables, where people were clapping, cheering, and carrying on. Oh god. what if they wanted to talk to her?! Maybe she should've just stayed on the train forever. Lived a life on the rails. At least it'd be quiet for all but a few days a year...

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxHɪᴅᴅᴇɴ
                                                                The best way to avoid danger is for danger to never find you. Llewella prefers to avoid any sort of confrontation by literally hiding until danger has passed. Due to this, she’s become very good at sneaking about.

xxxxxCᴀʟᴍ
                                                                It takes a lot for Llewella to break from her perfectly calm demeanor... and even if someone does, they’d still have her façade of calm to contend with. She’s like a duck. Cool and calm on the surface, while paddling like heck to stay afloat.

xxxxxCʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ
                                                                When she’s able to show it, Llewella has a ton of creative energy within her. Usually it’s kept hidden, so she channels her creativity into writing or drawings she can easily hide from those that may destroy them.

xxxxxSᴋɪᴛᴛɪsʜ
                                                                A lifetime of abuse translates into a constant fear of noises coming nearer. Llewella will always run away if things get too tense, or if someone comes at her with aggression. And if she runs... good luck finding her for a long while.

xxxxxDʀᴇᴀᴍʏ
                                                                When you’re trapped in an all-grey room, sometimes your escapes have to be in the form of daydreams. If she is able, she mentally builds a little fantasy world to escape her daily blues.

xxxxxCᴏᴍᴘᴀssɪᴏɴᴀᴛᴇ
                                                                For anyone Llewella may ever meet, she will always feel empathy and worry over their plights. Her life has been hard, and she always feels terrible when other people have issues, no matter how small. She hopes offering a listening ear will make others smile, even if she becomes weighed down by the problems of many.

{{Wearing :: Sorting Outfit}}
          Aɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡɴ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs ɴᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇᴍ sᴏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs?
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
          Hᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴇɪɴs ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴs ᴛʜɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:54 am
User Image

kiska166
User Image

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Vesna Proctor
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Unsorted - Pureblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Vesna filed into the Great Hall with the other students, mostly warm and dry. She had ridden in the boat with a few of the other students, including a very unlucky boy named Sebastian, who had fallen into the lake while climbing onto the dock. Vesna, Lyric, and Declan had fortunately gotten out of the boat first, so when he toppled in, she had only been slightly sprayed with lake water meanwhile the blue haired boy had gotten soaked. Thanks to magic, neither stayed wet and were able to pay attention to the Sorting Ceremony (even if Sebastian looked a little crusty from the lake water). Vesna watched as Lyric, then Declan, and finally, Sebastian were all sorted, and as the ceremony continued, she waited expectantly for her turn. There it was – her name had been called! The pagan made her way onto the stage before sitting down and politely placing her hands in her lap, awaiting to hear where she’d be placed.

SYSTEMATIC Vesna has a method to her madness and tends to live intentionally. She schedules time to partake in her rituals and calls upon specific deities, spirits, or energies for guidance, protection, or assistance. She never calls upon them if she thinks it would be a waste of their time.
                                              ACTIVE Growing up with the great outdoors as her backyard and moving around to set up the carnival in different places, Vesna never learned to stay still for long. She always played in nature, be it a nearby creek or climbing up the tallest tree she could find.
                                              TOUGH As the eldest sibling, Ves had learned to be strong. If anyone tried messing with her siblings, she wouldn't hesitate to stand up for them.
                                              MYSTICAL Vesna grew up embracing paganism. In fact, she welcomed it with a warm hug through invocation, offerings, and meditation.
                                              RESTRAINED Vesna is very good at preventing herself from displaying strong emotions, even in the most blood-wrenching times. She often pretends she doesn't care as to not be disappointed. She is also restrained in the way that she dresses, choosing mostly earth or neutral toned clothing rather than bright colours that one would expect to see at the carnival.
                                              FALSE Due to Vesna being restrained, others tend to criticize her for being insincere or for hiding her real feelings.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Under the p a l e moon
                                              Where I see a lot of s t a r s, I saw the s i g n

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Your pragmatic nature makes it clear,
And your family leadership both point,
To the house that will best suit your nature
I think you'll do best in...

SLYTHERIN!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:59 am
User Image

Yukina101
Hold my hand (Hold my hand)
Through all the bad things, you seem
A little better since you now believe
I won’t ever drop you like you are old news
Clear the air (Clear the air)

User Image
User Image

Ʋƞsσɾteɗ Fiɾst Yeɑɾ 🌻 Iɗeɑlist 🌻

🍀☯🌷☮Lyric followed behind the line of first years but keeping his eyes peeled for Seb to make sure nothing else happened to him. They had made it across the lake relatively safely but of course something unexpected had to happen. The colorful boy helped his companions out the boat before himself and accidentally fell in. Thankfully he was close to shore so it wasn't too deep but still. Lake water was lake water and it was pretty chilly. He seemed to still be in good spirits though so hopefully it stayed that way. Now though came the awkward main event and with each name called brought him closer and closer to his fate. Soon enough, he heard his name be called and as he walked over to the stool he tried looking over at the older students to get a glimpse of his brother. He couldn't really so he just had to suck it up and get on with. As the hat settled all he could really think was 'does the hat remember everyone its ever sorted or just wipes itself clean every year?'

xP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                ◊ MELLOW Lyric likes when everything and everyone is calm cool and collected. He doesn’t see anything good from being too much of anything-too angry people are wary too happy and people might discourage- so he tries to find a nice happy balance. Emphasis on “try”.
                                                ◊ SHREWD A benefit of fading into the background is that he’s almost always able to look at things from every angle. He’s not one to take things and face value and is always looking to see the bigger picture.
                                                ◊ LOQUACIOUS Lyric enjoys talking, even if no one is around to hear him. Talking to himself helped allot when he was younger and now he’ll sometimes just start speaking about what he’d learned that day, a random thing/fact he’d just remembered, a dream he’d had, basically anything.
                                                ◊ HYPERCAUTIOUS With his shrewdness comes an excess of caution. Everything and everyone is not always good or helpful and will certainly not always have your best interest at heart. Sometimes you find good ones, but those are rare and you have to dig through all the bad ones first. He doesn’t like to offer anything particularly personal upfront until he’s been proven the person is trustworthy.
                                                ◊ SELF-CONSCIOUS With his rather sheltered and chaotic upbringing, Lyric doesn’t have the best self image. He’s trying but it’s a work in progress. He doesn’t like bringing attention to himself and will always push the focus on others if it is.
                                                ◊ GENUINE Lyric is an honest and genuine person about everything. If he doesn’t trust you, he’ll tell. If he does, he’ll tell you. He doesn’t see the point of wasting energy in lying or pretending, it’ll just hurt people’s feelings in the long run. Plus it just means that if he likes and trusts you, he really really does.

[color#98A148]"Hi,

I’ll always be right here
When everything’s unclear
Please promise you won’t let go
Hold on 'til the morning
Forget all the scoring
Your flowers will finally grow

Quote:

Of course I remember all these kids,
your brother included.
I'll also remember you,
just like all your new housemates in...

SLYTHERIN!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:03 am
User Image

mc2
User Image
❅ Emily ❅ Emilia Serene Dyfodwg ❅
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx Unsorted Muggleborn
Time: 2060-2061

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Emily arrived with all the other first years in the Great Hall. And she would admit it was impressive. The night sky floating above them and lit in glowing candle light. She held her head high and did not bother to look farther at the Gryffindor table where her half brother Cai was (presumably) than a glance. She had to be ready to face whatever she must to get sorted. Whatever she must face was... it was a hat. A talking hat? Odd. Everything was odd. It was the school of the freaks as her mother put it. The hat process was a lice infection just waiting to happen. Ew. At least she was early in the list. That might save her.

"Emilia Dyfodwg" was called out and good gracious they even pronounced her last name right. Well good for them, they either spoke Welsh, knew some Welsh, or bothered to try before it came to her. They did have Cai's name to practice on first.

Sitting down, she had previously noted the hat did not always linger on students and hoped for that fate. Just sort and be done with it. Send her to a place for the ambitious and clever - and for Morgana's sake don't put her in the same house as Cai. She wasn't ready to acquire a brother when they barely spoke for years even if Cai seemed more ready to accept her. And she had noticed the yellow and black house - she'd rather not look like a bumble bee either.

Personality

CLEVER Likely too clever for her own good, Emily has honed a watchful eye knowing when to avoid her somewhat moody mother and how to keep her happy. Yet it is more than that she is good with puzzles and picking up the general information of what is only read once (even if it is in the dreaded English)
                                                          GREEN THUMB Emily had to endure lectures about getting dirty helping the gardeners (when she could sneak off) for years as she begged for a hydroponic garden at least (so she wouldn't get so dirty). Finally her father gave in and gifted her a hydroponic garden that was 6 foot long when she was 8. To her it was a more exciting gift than a pony (and she already got one of those when she was 3).
                                                          JUDGEMENTAL Her mother's poisonous words on how Emily and of course she was always better than others. They were better than Emily's father's "old" family. After all Brandon chose Laura and thus chose Emily. And of course her father ensured Emily got the best of everything. When you have everything money can buy what else do you do? You buy more and money just makes you better.
                                                          PLEASANT Even if Emily thought she was better than you, you'd never know it. In fact you would be quicker to think Emily thought she was less than you. She is quick to be agreeable and often molds her personality to please those around her. It is not that she does not have her own opinions, usually she does not consider them, all in order to avoid conflict. Conflict is one of her greatest fears and she has become quite good to put the face on that others want to see.
                                                          ATTENTION STARVED She would never be one to suggest her parents emotionally neglected her, though her mother began to ignore her quite a bit when she was no longer "pretty" (when her lovely golden locks turned pink). Her father would stop by to say hello or tuck her in when he was home and not on one of his grand adventures. Staff was always around the mansion. She had friends, lots of them, but at the end of the day she was the one taking care of others and making sure they were happy. Emily would laugh and smile with the best of them so no one thought the princess in the tower was missing anything at all.
                                                          FRIENDLY In many ways Emily's chameleon like ways to avoid conflict and make others happy and always listen makes her a really good friend to have. Perhaps you may suggest friendship is a two way street but Emily sees it as more something you can leverage for your social standing and thus be less likely a target for dislike. If everyone is your friend who is there to stand against you?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                                          Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not with your brother, that I can do.
Though, we're here for you!
I think you'll find a whole new family in...

HUFFLEPUFF!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:06 am
User Image

AliceInWonderland0921
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Everyone
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I just hope I'm with Seb

Declan had enjoyed the boat trip, even if he was sitting with two new people. It had taken him a while to adapt to being around Seb, but at least Lyric and Vesna seemed nice and didn't bully him at all. Declan stood with Sebastian, wishing he could hold his friend's hand to stem the nervousness coursing through him. He wasn't a big fan of sitting in front of everyone while his house was decided. When he heard his name called, he squeaked and threw one last glance at Seb for courage, then meekly stepped forward and took his seat upon the stool. When the hat was placed upon his head, Declan closed his eyes. Lyric said you're psychic so please put me with my friend, Declan thought to himself, his heart beating in his throat. Peeking open his blue eyes, he glanced at everyone watching him then squeezed his eyes shut again. All of Declan's past ridicules came to the surface while he sat there, thinking about all the times he was 'the center of attention'. Every time had been when he was getting picked on at school and he did not enjoy having everyone watch him. At least no one was laughing or throwing things at him.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Lᴀᴜɢʜɪɴɢ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs ʜᴀs ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴜʀᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ, ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

xxxxxShy
          Declan was always told a child should be seen but not heard, by his school, church, and parents which he internalized that into a shy nature. He has trouble opening up even around his peers, which only contributes to his shyness as he's sometimes viewed as weird for his quiet nature.
          xxxxxStudious
          Schoolwork was an outlet for him to funnel his stresses and frustrations. That made him naturally better at his work than his peers around him. He took a liking to reading at an early age because it also provided him an escape from the natural world around him, though his reading subjects were limited to those approved by his parents.
          xxxxxOpen-Minded
          Unlike most from his normal life, Declan is very open and understanding of others and their ways of life. While his parents are quick to condemn anything that isn't approved by the church, he was different and understood, but more than that, accepted the lifestyles of those around him.
          xxxxxLoyal
          It takes much to get through the thick exterior of awkwardness and quiet, but once someone makes their way in, Declan is fiercely loyal to those around him. He will go out of his way to assist a friend in need, even if it costs him physically.
          xxxxxArtistic
          At a young age, he discovered his gift for prose, writing poetry for his early childhood writing class. He excelled more than others when writing and attempted other forms of art including sketching and charcoal art. But none let him express himself like poetry allowed.
          xxxxxAdventurous
          Exploring, learning new things, searching through ruins, Declan enjoys it all. His parents took him to a hiking trail in the south of Ireland once and while hiking, Declan found an old ruin overgrown with vines that he explored. He loves exploring old buildings, libraries, and basically anywhere he can get lost in fantasy.

He said that, did he? Well psychic I'm not.
A smart person like you needs a place of acceptance,
where creativity and intellect are prized.
I think you'll find that home in...

RAVENCLAW!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:08 am
User Image

AliceInWonderland0921
User ImageUser Image
xx♫ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? The Great Hall
xxx♪ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Everyone at school
xxxx♫ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting time! Whoo!
xxxxx♪ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Ohmygosh I can't wait!

The boat trip had been a long one and Ella turned out to not be the talkative sort, but she still seemed pretty chill. Liv was still hanging out with Fi, at least for most of the time. Going in alphabetical order by last name meant she was probably near the bottom of the list. Liv couldn't contain her excitement and danced around in a little circle where she was standing. The raven haired girl glanced around at the tables, sizing up her potential House mates and looking for anyone who could be a friend. She felt like she was standing around for hours when she finally heard her name called. Olivia skipped up to the dais and took a seat on the stool, letting the hat be placed on her head. Her mind was racing a mile a minute, wondering if she'd get put into Gryffindor for her energetic nature, or Hufflepuff for her friendly nature. Slytherin possibly for her love of snakes. Definitely not Ravenclaw. Sure she was creative, but she was hecking bad at studying and she didn't really care about schoolwork. Liv always knew that her destiny laid outside of schoolwork and so she never really cared about it. Her legs were kicking as she sat on the stool, waiting for her Sorting to be complete.

Tʜᴇʏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴜs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ
          ᴛᴏᴏ ʙᴜsʏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡɪɴɢ ʀᴏᴄᴋs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴇɪʟɪɴɢ
          Tʜᴇʏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴜs ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɴᴏ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ
          ʙᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴜs ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ
          Wᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄʜᴀsɪɴɢ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡs ɪɴ ᴄᴏɴᴄʀᴇᴛᴇ ᴄᴀsᴛʟᴇs!
          Rᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴏғ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Wɪᴛʜ sᴄʀᴀᴘᴇs ᴏɴ ᴏᴜʀ ᴋɴᴇᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʀɪᴘs ɪɴ ᴏᴜʀ ᴊᴇᴀɴs
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ɪғ ɪᴛ's ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴏʀ ʀɪɢʜᴛ
          Wᴇ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜʀɪʟʟ

xxxxxBoisterous
          Most likely to be heard down the hall, Olivia is loud, noisy, and generally cheerful in nature. Whether it's being excited to see her friend in the hall or cheering at a Quidditch game, you will definitely know that she is there.
          xxxxxDetermined
          There is no goal that she sets that she can't reach. Can't climb that wall, she'll find a way; ball stuck on a roof, she'll get it. If tell her she can't do something, she will most certainly prove you wrong and then gloat about it, no matter how many tries it takes.
          xxxxxFunny
          Jokes, pranks, funny stories, whatever she has to do to get some laughs from her friends and the crowd. She likes to laugh and she likes to make people laugh, even as a young kid. Her parents once bought her a joke book and she memorized every page to retell at every opportunity.
          xxxxxRigid
          Once she makes up her mind about something, it is very hard to change her mind. Which can be a good thing or a bad thing. If you've done something to break her trust or betray her, good luck trying to get back in her good graces. That also applies to school, if she doesn't like a subject, nothing will get her to enjoy it.
          xxxxxAdventurous
          Always looking for a challenge, Olivia will explore anything she can. Nothing scares her, not the dark, not spiders, and definitely not ghosts. She'll crawl into a dark tunnel, or climb into a haunted castle if it promises to be a great adventure.
          xxxxxEnergetic
          Her parents lamented the fact that once Olivia learned to walk, she never sat down again. She was a child who was well known at the market because her parents always had to yell after her. That translated well when it came to sports though because she was always running around.

You're right, my friend.
You would do well in any house,
but never fear
I won't put you with the Eagles,
perhaps you'll find your groove in...

GRYFFINDOR!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:56 am
User Image
Kasamir Aloysius Patrovna
Unsorted │ First Year │ Eleven Years Old │ Single

After all the train ride up from London with Emily and Marie, and crossing the Black Lake with all the other First Years, Kasamir found himself standing in the Great Hall of the school. It was impressively large, and he got a sense of a great deal of history having taken place under a ceiling filled with floating candles and the light of uncountable stars. He was also very conscious of the fact the entire student body was here for this occasion.

As he stood there a wash of tiredness crashed over him, like a wave. In a matter of a summer, he’d had his whole life thrown up into the air again, and now he was on the wrong side of two named seas from everything he knew, was living with family he’d barely known to exist not so long before and had been bundled off to a school he’d never thought he would have reason to ever walk its halls. ‘Bozhe moi, let this be done with, so I can eat and maybe get some sleep,’

With the last name of Patrovna, Kasamir knew he would be waiting his turn for a bit. He knew his ‘aunts’, Katya and Faina had been through all of this before him, and he idly wondered what they must have felt at this moment. He knew how he felt, and that was tired and more than a little lost. At least, all that was being asked of him was to sit on a stool and have an ancient looking hat placed on his head.

When his turn finally came, he brushed down his jacket, and walked towards where he’d been told to sit by the newly minted Deputy Headmaster. As the brim was lowered onto the bridge of his nose, he thought, ‘Nice to meet you, Wonderful Sorting Hat; didn’t know what to expect, but it wasn’t this. My cousins were here a few years back, but I don’t know if that makes a difference in your decision. Wherever I’m placed, don’t worry, I’ll see it done.’

Personality:

■ Imaginative- Kas enjoys being in his own little world, sometimes at the expense of what he’s doing in the real world. This also means he can come up with solutions to problems that might not necessarily come to others
■ Practical- Thankfully, his imaginative streak is leavened with a measure of ‘groundedness’; while he might come up with a really great and cool idea, he’ll be the first to torpedo it if he doesn’t think it’ll actually work.
■ Headstrong- Kas has learned that there are times when one must stick to one’s principles, whether folk like it or not. He also knows that one has to carry on with life, even if he might not care to sometimes.
■ Scarred- Physically and emotionally. Kas was in a massive railway accident, he saw both of his parents and his older sister die (yes, he will see the thestrals), and was grievously injured into the bargain himself. While the injuries have healed, he has nightmares and scars, most of which are hidden by his clothes and his hair.
■ Loyal- As a result of seeing his parents die, Kas hangs onto his remaining emotional attachments a little bit tighter than might be expected.
■ Moody- There are times when his moods take a bad turn, and his temper grows short. When he gets into these times, Kas will be elsewhere, rather than cause issue for others

■ Russian Apple Cake
■ Books, particularly adventure novels
■ Chocolate Salami and pancakes
■ Hockey, follows the national team
■ Playing games with his cousins

Dislikes:

■ Having folk pestering him constantly
■ Really spicy foods; at some point it just becomes pain and chemistry
■ June, the accident happened then, really not overly fond of trains either
■ Hot weather
■ Beets

Hobbies:
■ Creative writing
■ Wizard Chess
■ Hockey

Strengths:
■ Willpower- When it matters, Kas will marshal whatever levels of courage required to see things done.
■ Problem-solver- Kas is good at solving problems. Math problems, chess problems, puzzles

Weaknesses:

■ Depression issues as a result of the accident
■ Claustrophobia (sleeps with an open window no matter how cold it gets)

Fears:

■ Closed in spaces
■ Dying like his parents

OOC:
Username

User ImageI'm not afraid of getting older, I'm one less day from dying young
I see the light go past my shoulder, I'm one less day from dying young

I see my life, Like a train with a one-way track
I've made mistakes, And I couldn't take 'em back
And I've been runnin' 'round in circles, 'Til I'm dizzy, I can't lie
But every night I go to sleep's, A day that I survive

Great Hall