Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Gryffindor Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 190 191 192 193 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:46 am
User Image

( Nordic HalfbloodSecond Year GryffindorMetamorphagus ) xx

I ɢoт α ғeelιɴɢ ιɴѕιde тнαт I cαɴ'т doмeѕтιcαтe
                                                        Iт doeѕɴ'т wαɴɴα lιve ιɴ α cαɢe
                                                        A ғeelιɴɢ тнαт I cαɴ'т нoυѕeвreαĸ
                                                        Aɴd I'м yoυrѕ 'тιl тнe eαrтн
                                                        Sтαrтѕ тo crυмвle αɴd тнe нeαveɴѕ roll αwαy
                                                        I'м ѕтrυɢɢlιɴɢ тo eхιѕт wιтн yoυ αɴd wιтнoυт yoυ, yeαн
                                                        I'м jυѕт α ғυll тαɴĸ αwαy ғroм ғreedoм, ѕpιтғιre!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Donner snorted, when Rhona revealed that she was the 'older twin' to her brother's troublesome antics. "Heh, I'm technically the younger twin. And funnily, I usually get myself to trouble." The thing he did that could count as dangerous was the fact that he was on a Quidditch team, in the front lines, but someone had to be reaching to consider it dangerous. "My sisters would always chide me but hey, sometimes I'd wanted to do something worth it. Of course, as long as it's not dangerous because then I'd have to face my dad. He's nice and quiet, like Dagrun, but he's scary when he's angry." Like Dagrun, too. Donner knew very well that no one would want to get on his sister's bad side.

"Well, we hang out a lot, yeah," Donner shrugged, I mean, as kids we're the type to have each others' backs." Just that sometimes, he also wanted his own circle as much as her. Yeah okay, that sounded a bit stupid and selfish of him. But, he was thinking that Dagrun in Hufflepuff might be good for her- so that she get her own limelight because there were times that Donner was wondering if he was outshining her by accident. He never wanted to outshine anyone, at all. Donner wanted Dagrun to be known as well... Dagrun, not just "Donner's twin sister". They weren't raised like that, after all- dad was keen to remind them that they were still two unique people. But sometimes, Donner was aware that everyone else might think of it that way, and it sucks.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I'м ѕιғтιɴɢ тнroυɢн тнe ѕαɴd, ѕαɴd, ѕαɴd, ѕαɴd
                                                        Looĸιɴɢ тнroυɢн pιeceѕ oғ вroĸeɴ нoυrɢlαѕѕ
                                                        Tryιɴɢ тo ɢeт ιт αll вαcĸ, pυт ιт вαcĸ тoɢeтнer
                                                        Aѕ ιғ тнe тιмe нαd ɴever pαѕѕed
                                                        I ĸɴow I ѕнoυld wαlĸ αwαy, ĸɴow I ѕнoυld wαlĸ αwαy
                                                        Bυт I jυѕт wαɴт тo leт yoυ вreαĸ мy вrαιɴ
                                                        Aɴd I cαɴ'т ѕeeм тo ɢeт α ɢrιp, ɴo мαттer нow I lιve wιтн ιт!

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Sorting Feast 2041-42xx
                                                        wнere - Gryffindor Tablexxxx
                                                        wιтн - Housemates
                                                        xxxxxx

oceanblue272

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:32 pm
User Image

Rhona Finnea Dubhach
Halfblood | First Year | Gryffindor

Rhona flinched back at Donner's description of his father. It reminded her of her own father, and the look of tranquil fury on his face after her brother was safely found and returned home was still fresh in her mind. "That sounds a lot like my father." She muttered, a bit of lingering horror in her tone. "He gets really quiet when he's angry. And that's way more scary than being yelled at."

Her thoughts began to trail off, eyes wandering up to the tables where the professors were sitting. She was still very curious about the Care of Magical Creatures class, though she wasn't sure if she'd be able to take it this year. Before coming to Hogwarts she'd eagerly read up on what magical creatures lived in this area and pestered her mother for anything she could tell her about it. And one rumor in particular stood out to her.

"Since you're an upperclassman, you know all about the school, right?" She asked, a grin stretching across her face. "Is it true that there's a giant squid in the lake?"

OoC:

Compassionate She feels a lot of compassion for other people, and especially animals when they are suffering. This leads to her wanting to do something about it or a very strong opinion towards the situation.
Independent Already used to responsibility and going off with her brother quite often already in early life, Rhona has a strong sense of self-independence.
Dependable She likes being seen as a responsible person who can be trusted, and that includes whatever someone may ask her to do.
Stubborn When she thinks she's right and gets into an argument with someone, she won't back down very easily. If someone tells her no, she very often resists. Commonly, this comes from her not liking being treated like and kid and she feels like people don't respect her opinions.
Stingy She really doesn't do sharing, no matter what it is. Having a twin and sharing so many things in their lives made her very protective of what little she could completely call her own.
Energetic She seems to have an almost bottomless source of energy to draw from, mostly when working on something she's interested in. But when she crashes, she crashes hard.

Julian Galaksylph

oceanblue272

Invisible Explorer

10,815 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Bidding War 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:59 pm
User Image
                                                I used to roll the dice
                                                Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
                                                Listened as the crowd would sing
                                                Now the old king is dead long live the king

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════
                                                Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                ════════════════════════

Timothy had been watching the sorting quietly, noting where people went. However, when the stool was placed away, he stood patiently and walked over to the podium. He looked over the crowd of assembled students, ready to welcome them to the new school year. "Hello everyone, and welcome back for a new school year. For those that are just now beginning their education at Hogwarts, I would like to extend a welcome and hope they are diligent in their studies. However, before we begin the feast and forget what needs to be stated, I must make the usual school announcements. There is to be no magic used in between classes in the halls, and under no circumstances should you enter the Forbidden Forest unless you wish to shorten your lifespan by a number of years. The other school rules are posted for people to peruse at their leisure, but considering these are the most frequent violations, I must bring them up here. Now, let us sit back, tuck in, and enjoy the feast before the evening ends." Timothy took a seat, ready himself to eat.

════════════════════════

Thinking: New year, new faces.
                                                OOC:

One minute I held the key
                                                Next the walls were closed on me
                                                And I discovered that my castles stand
                                                Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:35 pm
User Image
                                                Hypocritical, egotistical
                                                Don't wanna be the parenthetical, hypothetical
                                                Working hard on something that I'm proud of, out of the box
                                                An epoxy to the world and the vision we've lost
                                                I'm an apostrophe

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Ƒιfтн Ƴєαя || Ɠяуffιηɗσя Ƥяєfєcт || MυggƖєвσяη

════════════════════════

Galen had enjoyed the feast alright, though he was definitely intent on getting to his common room now. Except, he had to help Gabby lead the first years to the dorms. Well, hopefully he could get this done relatively easily and he could sleep. He stood, making himself be seen by giving a shrill whistle. "Okay, first years! I'm Galen Hall. I'm one of the prefects in my year, another being Gabrielle Stanford. We'll be leading you to your common room now. If you'll follow me, we'll be there here shortly." Doing a head count, Galen waited for the first years to stand and follow him before setting off. He hoped he wouldn't lose anyone.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I want to sleep...
                                                OOC: Next post will be in the Grand Staircase.

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I'm just a symbol to remind you that there's more to see
                                                I'm just a product of the system of catastrophe
                                                And yet a masterpiece, and yet I'm half-diseased
                                                And when I am deceased
                                                At least I'll go down to the grave and die happily
                                                And leave the body and my soul to be a part of thee
                                                I do what it takes

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:03 am
User Image

Oh, I don't know what you've been told
                                          But this gal right here's gonna rule the world
                                          Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be, because I wanna be
                                          No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty

═════════════

Jilly had been not a starting player but as soon as the lions joined the fight she was on the food faster that a first year after sorting. She aimed for variety, mashed potatoes Jello, spaghetti, pudding, she aimed for any and everyone. She herself got nailed win a wave of chicken rice (that so was not going to be easy coming out of her hair!) And saucy spaghetti. She had no remorse and shame and knew full well that she would lose house points and detention. Did she care? Of course not.

═════════════

OoC:

I know the other girlies
                                                                                  Wanna wear expensive things
                                                                                  Like diamond rings
                                                                                  But I don't wanna be the puppet
                                                                                  That you're playing on a string
                                                                                  This queen don't need a king

null

null

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:45 pm
User Image
Chelsea Alexis Durant
First Year Gryffindor
Muggleborn Young Detective Reserve Seeker

User Image
                                                    Location : Great Hall - Gryffindor Table (Food Fight of 2041)

Chelsea was dealing with a lot lately. What with Griffin being magically back in her life, to Sabrina her roommate thinking she was all that. It was too much for one lioness to handle. Though the eleven year old wasn’t about to let that stop her from letting things go in silence. Chelsea certainly wasn’t about to let a perfectly good food fight go without reaping the benefits. She had no idea how this whole food fight started in the great hall. Though it hardly mattered much. All she knew was her target was none other then Sabrina Richardson.

The moment the first year spotted her roommate at their house table she went for it. Chelsea armed herself with a pie before lobbing it at the dark haired girl. Striking her mark, Chelsea grinned before throwing something else her way. “Chelsea what are you doing?!” Hearing an all too familiar voice, she spun around pudding in hand. In doing so it went flying out of her hand and landed right on Griffin. “Sorry, it got away from me.” She told him sheepishly.

Company : Gryffindors... Griffin

OOC : - - -

It is rather curious, isn't it?
                                                    I must say, you seem to be taking this all in stride
                                                    That in mind, I think you're well suited for
                                                    Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:05 am
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wԋҽɾҽ αɱ I? Gryffindor Table
xxx⤑ Wԋσ'ʂ ɯιƚԋ ɱҽ? No One Currently
xxxx⤑ Wԋαƚ'ʂ ɠσιɳɠ σɳ? Sorting Ceremony
xxxxx⤑ Wԋαƚ'ɾҽ ɱყ ƚԋσυɠԋƚʂ? I need to get this right before classes

Elisabet was excited to be back at school. Now that she was a fifth year, she seemed to finally have a good enough grasp on everything to appear wholly intelligent to those younger than her. Not that she really cared, but it did make her a bit excited. The girl walked into the Great Hall, trying her best to appear cool and confident. Her new prosthetic was quite visible under her sleeve, the dark grey and black a stark contrast from the white she'd had the years prior. She sat at the Gryffindor Table, moving her fingers to try and see if she still had glitches in the movement.... and she did. Damn. She pulled open the side panel and grabbed the little tool kit she kept in her robe pocket. Without really looking, she took hold of one of the screwdrivers, then casually began adjusting the settings in the electronics.

mc2

I ᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ, I'ᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇꜰɪɴᴇᴅ
I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇɴ's ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɴᴅ, ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴜɴᴘʟᴀɴɴᴇᴅ
Sᴛᴀʀɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴀɴᴋ ᴘᴀɢᴇ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪʀᴛʏ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ
Lᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ɪʟʟᴜᴍɪɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ꜰɪɴᴅ
Rᴇᴀᴄʜɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ, sᴏ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ ᴛᴀsᴛᴇ ɪᴛ
Rᴇʟᴇᴀsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɪɴʜɪʙɪᴛɪᴏɴs!
Fᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴋɪɴ, ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ɪᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ
Oɴʟʏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ɪɴ! Nᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ, ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ
Cᴀɴ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴘs. Dʀᴇɴᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟꜰ ɪɴ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴜɴsᴘᴏᴋᴇɴ
Lɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀʀᴍs ᴡɪᴅᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ
Tᴏᴅᴀʏ ɪs ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴇɢɪɴs, ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ɪs sᴛɪʟʟ ᴜɴᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Rhett Fang Ye
<6th year>

Rhett had a pretty normal train ride and carriage ride to the castle. He split from Ferdie before joining the ranks of the Gryffindors taking a seat at random in the middle of the table. He might not be tall, and never would be more than likely, but he was one of the oldest students in the school and thus by age alone was taller than many of his peers. Hence he had a pretty good sight of the Gryffindors and the sorting. He tapped his fingers on the table and clapped at all the appropriate sortings (all of them, in his opinion), and cheered when they got a Gryffindor. As he sat and listened to the sorting (and wow it seemed there was more this year than many years), he took note of those around him.

Out of the corner of his eye he caught a glimmer of what appeared metal and tools. Perplexed he looked over to see a girl that was a year or two below him if he remembered correctly from seeing in the common room and in the hallways occasionally tinkering with what appeared to be her arm. Oh it was! Awesome! He had never spoken much with the girl besides perhaps an occasional hello but he was sure that the arm was new.

Excitedly, he jumped up and slid in next to Elisabet and said brightly, "Hi-ya! I'm Rhett, don't think we ever formally met, I'm a sixth year so I don't think we have had any classes together, but..." He grinned and shrugged. Inquisitively he studied her working and glanced up and said, "Sorry I don't mean to be rude... just that's really awesome. Is it charmed? My sister is a metal charmer... I don't have a knack for that sort of thing too much but I always found it fascinating."

Time: Autumn 2042

Hello, then, Rhett
                                              Hm, adventurous and reckless,
                                              And you like pranks and can't sit still
                                              Yes, I know just where to place you

Gryffindor!

{OoC: }
                                              Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:01 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⤑ Wԋσ'ʂ ɯιƚԋ ɱҽ? Rhett
xxxxx⤑ Wԋαƚ'ɾҽ ɱყ ƚԋσυɠԋƚʂ? I need to get this right before classes

Elisabet was working hard, adjusting the tension on one of the wires in her arm's control panel. Someone beside her spoke, so she turned her attention on an older boy who was greeting her. It seemed he was interested in making friends with her. Not a problem. His name was Rhett, and apparently he was a year above her. "Pleased to meet you, Rhett. I'm Elisabet. I'm a fifth year, so it does make sense we haven't been in class together." She grinned brightly, tucking her screwdriver behind her ear, turning her full attention to the older boy. He seemed to be studying her arm, so she moved it toward him a bit, the machine twitching a bit as she moved. He spoke again, mentioning his sister and his fascination to the device. "Actually, it's muggle. I've modified it so the electronic components work around magic, but honestly, it's a bit more sensitive than the one I had prior. Then again, on the last one, I had some help. I also am not able to do magic at home, since I'm only fifteen. Plus I'm a muggleborn, so I don't have others to help with spellwork." She grinned again, carefully closing the panel on her arm to work on in a while. It was still glitchy, but perhaps she could ask Akira to help see if he could figure out the newer mechanics with her.

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:20 pm
Rhett Fang Ye
<6th year>

"Ooh, muggle," Rhett said with a grin as he moved closer looking at the arm in fascination. She didn't seem like she minded his genuine curiosity and even moved her arm at a better angle for him to look. "Fascinating what people can do without magic... it is as if it is its own sort of magic," He said, eagerly, hoping he made sense and didn't sound like he was babbling. Honestly muggle technology while it wasn't something that Rhett was interested enough to dissect, he still found it fascination. Human adaption was amazing. Muggles made through without magic and Magic folk made through without technology-or a lot of technology. He listened as she explained the workings of the device. Nodding he said, "You know maybe you can meet up with a metal charmer and they could help. I don't see if a little bit of magic charming on the arm if carefully concealed would be breaking any laws..." He shrugged, "Then again I like to think rules and laws are more guidelines than set in stone. And heck, even stone wears down over time."

"So, fifth year, huh? You feel ready for your exams? Don't worry too much the professors are pretty good at going over the material and most upperclassman I would think would be more than willing to help. Helps us study for our NEWTs better," Rhett said. Rhett wondered what it was like to be muggleborn too living surrounded by the other sort of "magic" that muggles did, technology all the time. In many ways he felt muggleborns learned to be more adaptable than the purebloods tended to and had an advantage in some ways. Of course, in life most people had an advantage of some sort, just like he had a knack with herbology and got to study wandlore more than most did.

Hello, then, Rhett

Gryffindor!

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Novasse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:36 am
User Image
Deoiridh
Mary
MacDhubhghail

Gryffindor │ First Year │ Eleven Years Old

After being sorted into Gryffindor by a very talkative hat(?), Ori was pretty content with herself. She walked down through the Hall towards the table of her new people. Lots of kids were there, including some of the post fourth years that stuck out among the rest. Or was it the first years that did that? She did seem pretty small compared to everyone else at the table save for a person or three. Just as she approached a free seat some older year was talking about something concerning muggles and metal charmers. Pretty weird stuff for a first impression. The normally fiery Scot sat down without much of a hassle and noticed just what he might be talking about. Her eyes gazed down at the sight of a rather strange looking arm. Was this magic as well? It was hard to say really. Everything were could have been a magical item. Maybe the cups talked or maybe the bench was going to turn into a man at midnight.

"Nice arm." Ori said, motioning to the girl's limb in question. Her accent was as thick and noticeable as her inexperience with this wizarding world. "Mind if I ask hoo ya got it?"

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:08 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx⤑ Wԋσ'ʂ ɯιƚԋ ɱҽ? Rhett
xxxxx⤑ Wԋαƚ'ɾҽ ɱყ ƚԋσυɠԋƚʂ? I need to adjust the settings again

Elisabet chuckled at Rhett's fascination with muggles and all they could do. He was genuinely impressed, something she'd discovered was a bit rare. Then again, her whole life had been muggle raised. "There is all kinds we have to compensate the lack of magic. Heck, anything you can do with magic, I can figure a way to do the same without." She grinned brightly, proud of her muggle heritage. He looked over her arm, then mentioned a metal charmer. That was a profession in the magic world? Cool! Maybe she would figure out a way to meet a metal charmer. "That does sound fascinating. I'd like to meet a charmer. Admittedly, the pieces of my arm have very little metal. It's actually the wiring that I'm trying to work. In the muggle world, it works using bioelectricity, where in the magical world, I have to have more of a constant channel of magic running to power it. A bit exhausting, but I'm not sure how else to make it work."

She tapped her fingers, sighing at the delay in her intended movement. It was probably the mainframe that needed a gentle rework at this point. It'd be something to do once she had time. Rhett asked if she was ready for exams, and Elisabet snorted. "As ready as I'll ever be, I suppose. I've still got a few classes I know I'm going to struggle with, but there are a few I feel like I can breeze through. Just a matter of my own skillset." She did, however, think it was a good idea to consult some of the older kids... and perhaps Rhett himself. Maybe he'd turn out to be a good teacher. One of the first years joined them, a heavy accent prevalent in her voice. She complimented Elisabet's arm, then asked how she got it. With that question, the fifth year felt her cheeks heating up. "Erm... I was... well, I've never had an arm there. I was born... without the end of my left arm. So... I've got a prosthetic instead." She tried to make it as distant as possible, as she tended to avoid delving into her past. She'd told Cady, of course, but the girl was her best friend. Hopefully, hopefully no more questions would be raised on the topic.

mc2

Novasse

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:38 pm
Rhett Fang Ye
<6th year>

I don't think it is really compensating if you can do something just as good as someone else. Adapting more like. Like the peppered moth changes from light to dark to light again depending on the amount of pollution in an area," Rhett said with a grin. As Elisabet mentioned meeting a metal charmer, Rhett piped up, "You could always meet my sister if you are ever in London. She'd be happy to meet you, I'm sure. She even traveled China some to train for her profession with some of the more skilled charmers there that my grandparents know." He listened as she explained that it was less metal and more wiring. It almost made his head hurt thinking about the complexities of the arm. And to think she made it work with magic too. "You must be a very talented witch to do all that. I'm a bit jealous. Did you figure out that on your own?"

As the conversation turned to OWLs, he chuckled at Elisabet's snort. "We all have classes we struggle with. Just don't do what I did and not study for one too much because you find it "boring" and think the material isn't as important. It is how I got a P in one. I passed the rest at least."

As the sorting continued they were joined by a redheaded first year who without even a hello greeted Elisabet with "nice arm" and then began asking the very personal question on how she got it. Rhett supposed he should give the girl points for courage even if she lacked any tact. But no hello? And she barely seemed to notice him, what was he chopped liver? Not that not getting noticed immediately as much as Elisabet did bother him, it was her borderline (and some people might call it flat out this) rudeness in asking personal questions of others. He noticed Elisabet's uncomfortableness and made a bit of a face, wrinkling his nose slightly and scowling before smoothing his brow,

Sighing, Rhett decided to play nice as the girl probably didn't have as much tact as the older students probably did as she only eleven. Hell, when he was eleven he was still busy telling everyone he was half-tree as an introduction. "So..." Rhett began looking straight at Deoirdh, "Welcome to Gryffindor. I'm Rhett and this is Elisabet."

Hello, then, Rhett

Gryffindor!

Miss GryffindorK

Novasse

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:24 am
User Image
Deoiridh
Mary
MacDhubhghail

Gryffindor │ First Year │ Eleven Years Old

"I was born... without the end of my left arm. So... I've got a prosthetic instead." Another awkward moment successfully created. Way to go Ori. She mouthed on "Ohhhh." and would sit before the two, wondering what she should say besides her frantic apology. After a few seconds of looking back and forth between the two, the Scot rubbed the back of her neck. "Sorry about tha'. Sometimes mah gob steps before mah brain. Thought it was 'nother one of 'em magic things. Still gettin' used to all o' this." Ori winced and gave the older year a sorrowful look until she then heard the girl's friend slash boyfriend speak up with an introduction.His name was Rhett and the one armed girl was Elisabet. Ori smiled a bit awkwardly at both and would do so herself. "I'm Deoiridh but Ori's good. I'm one of 'em muggles. It's pretty weird thinkin' that this is all real. Still thinkin' this is a pretty good prank. SOh, sorry about the arm again, Elisabet. You can bash me over the head or ask me sumfin' personal if ya want."

OOC:
mc2

Miss GryffindorK

Novasse

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:32 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx⤑ Wԋσ'ʂ ɯιƚԋ ɱҽ? Rhett & Ori
xxxxx⤑ Wԋαƚ'ɾҽ ɱყ ƚԋσυɠԋƚʂ? I need to adjust the settings again

Elisabet grinned when Rhett corrected her "compensation" to adaptation, then compared it to that of a peppered moth. She'd never heard of one before, but she trusted the sixth year to know what he was saying. "Peppered moth, eh? I've not heard of them. Whenever I hear adaptation, I usually think of octopi. Those little buggers are fascinating." She chuckled, thinking of all the cool YouTube videos and nature documentaries she had watched with her dad after work all throughout her childhood. At her mention of indeed wanting to meet a metal charmer, Rhett seemed to light up. If ever in London? Well, that was easy. "London ought not be too hard. I live just on the outskirts. Still on the bus route, even. My dad owns an auto repair in town. It's pretty cool to see all he can fix up." She grinned brightly, ever proud of her father. He had worked hard for years before the owner of the shop retired, leaving Terrence the new owner. He wasn't without help, either, as the whole staff loved him, and all seemed delighted with Elisabet. Probably because they'd been working together for ages and watched her grow up. After explaining a bit of the magic involved to correct the arm, she flushed a bit when Rhett seemed genuinely excited over it. He even called her talented. That was a bit exciting itself, she had to admit. "I did a lot of research, but I had a few friends help with the magic and mechanic of everything. When I designed this arm, I took into account what I'd need for the magical enchantment, but I may have accidentally made it trickier. The last interface was more basic, but this arm can do so much more, so it's worth it."

After their conversation on OWLs was interrupted, Rhett luckily came to save the day, providing casual introduction to the first year. Elisabet quickly berated herself for forgetting her manners, but indeed her mind had been otherwise occupied. The girl apologized, saying her mouth ran faster than her brain, and honestly, the fifth year believed it. At the mention of not knowing if it was magic or not, Elisabet's annoyance abated a bit. She'd been there, a muggleborn with no idea what to think of at Hogwarts. Ori, as she called herself, continued, confirming her status as muggleborn, then tried to make it up to prevent wrath. "Muggleborn. You came from the muggle world, like me, but you've got magic in you. My arm... also came from the muggle world. I'm working on readapting it to the magical, but it'll take time and, well, magic to accomplish. Muggle electronics don't work here, so it's a bit of work." There, that sounded diplomatic, yet friendly. Didn't want to scare off someone who already seemed a bit terrified, after all.

mc2

Novasse

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 190 191 192 193 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games