Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disturbed Little Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:11 am
Konichiwa! Hello! I'm Amber, but people can call me Spirit here. I'm soon to be 21 next month. I love music, writing and art. I collect music for a living, got about 175 cds as of now and hopefully will add about 5 more to my lovely collection on my birthday. I have a twin sister, Nicoli Hunt here on Gaia. Pictures of her and I are in my profile, so there is proof I am a twin! I go by many nicknames. I listen to all types of music and hopefully will be getting my own band together soon. Well, I better stop rambling on and on about me and let the next person talk. See you all around here soon!

Amber
AKA Spirit  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:02 pm
Hello:
My name is SirYuki. And Have recently been accepted to the guild. I do hope that with time and pfracice my grammar evolves... (Is this correct?)
But thats not the point, as a writter I need a larger range of words and of course vocabulary, so I would gladly appreciate that you could give me some suggestions.
I love to create worlds and roleplay.. I have tons of alter-egos..And to read a good book makes my day.
Sincerely Yours

SirYuki  

SirYuki

Masamune no Hi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:27 pm
Looks like I forgot the actual introduction. Anyway, I am an experienced roleplayer since I have played D&D for years, I write my own books and short stories, but never have others read them, and I love to read.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:35 pm
Hi I don't think I introduced myself. I'm Skye and I'm a 18 year old psych major.  

Skye_7188

GNPL

6,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:51 pm
With all the excitement, I seem to have missed this topic. xp

I'm E-Lo, I'm 17, and I don't have a "spidey sense", but my bellybutton tingles when I see a literate in Towns.

............*cricket chirps*

Not really. That'd be pretty cool tho. whee
I like random PMs from just anybody. It makes Gaia fun =D. Also, if you can carry on a conversation well in real life, why not here? That's why I joined this guild. I can't STAND people that use "TXT TLK" in real life and yell out "OMG LOL!" after they hear a joke. >_> it bugs me.

Anyways, it's nice to meet everyone! =)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:50 pm
My, it appears I've missed the welcome mat. Sorry about that!

Obviously, I'm Cheerfulhope. However, you're welcome to call me Fallingrain or Happypenguin when it's appropriate because they're my split personalities. Fallingrain is the sarcastic critic and Happypenguin is the sugar high idiot. ^-^ I'm thirteen and on the brink of insanity. I write poetry, fanfics and I've started a few novels. However, I haven't finished them. I have a short attention span. ^-^;

I've had a past filled with daydreams. Gradually, some of those daydreams have developed into ongoing questions and theories, explaining my spaciness sometimes in real life.

Most people think of me as a goody-two-shoes and a sweetie. I'll let you decide on your own whether it's true or not...

My dislikes: the color orange, confusing "txt tk", people who are loud and noisy (in their tone of voice or in personality), wannabes, whiners.

I suppose that's all for now. I can't remember the rest of the things I wanted to to include, so Sayonara nakamas!  

Cheerfulhope

Mz_Torri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:24 pm
Hello!

I am Mz Torri, but please, address me as Torri or even T.

Now that my name is out of the way, allow me to tell you a bit about myself.

I am a 31 year old, fat, married white chick. I live in the southern United States in one of the most backwards states in the south ... Louisiana.

I will be starting college in the summer. I hope to become an educator and move up north a ways.

More fun facts about me:

*I see dead people. Ghosts, spirits, whatever you wish to call them.*
*I have epilepsy. This condition has been vexing me since I was 13.*
*My humor ranges from bawdy to sarcastic and anything in between.*
*I do not nor will I ever have any children.*
*I am a cat person.*
*I do not smoke or drink.*

The rest you will have to find out be getting to know me if you are brave enough to do so. wink

-=Torri  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:39 am
Greetings everyone 3nodding

My name is Ana (yes, it is with only one N..), I'm 13 years (starting today).
I live in Israel, although I'm American originally + half Indian.
I'm just about 100% tom-boyish, and except that I love writing, reading, watching anime, going on random trips and being in nature areas.

I'm a sort of hyper person, but around other people I'm a very cold and distant person.

Other things about me you can discover yourselves.
And just for whoever is interested - here is a random quote I made up..
"Look beyond the seeable and seek eternity.."  

Aella_chan

JackKun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:09 am
Right, it appears I should be introducing myself. I'm not entirely sure what to say. My name is Jack, which is probably evident to anyone capable of reading my user name. I generally turn up here on Gaia when I'm bored out of my skull and amuse myself trying to decipher what some people are actually saying. Do you think it is possible to employ someone to translate "Txt" and "1337" speak? Regardless, in the hope of finding people actually capable of holding an intelligent conversation I've come here.

See you all soon heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Right, time for an introduction.

I am Seferius, but please call me Sefer, or Sef.
Now then, on to more important things, I am sixteen years old and I live near the west coast of Canada. (Note the point that I don’t say eh)
I enjoy playing WoW and bugging my Dad about how horrible his spelling his, he spelt easy. Like this: ‘easi’
I laughed, it was very amusing, or better yet his ‘easyer’
Anyways, back on subject, I don’t really watch anime because of my lack of television, however I do listen to a lot of music, like Godsmack, Days of the new, TRUSTcompany, Disturbed, Adema etc.
I am a writer, not a poet. If you want to see poetry talk to my girlfriend.
I am in the process of writing a book called Eventide, a story about a few characters doing something. I still have yet to decide and have rewritten the book over fifty times.

Seferius Slyferin

sailing through

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:10 pm
Hello, my name is Tommy, and I am so very proud to be in this wonderful guild! I look forward to a journey in the world of grammar and punctuation and am hoping to fit in well here. Thank you for accepting me. Let's partake in active discussion about literature and other fantastic realms of the English language.

Tommy AKA Sailing through smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:24 pm
Oops. I didn't see this, though I'm not sure why. I just joined and jumped right into discussion. I'm Malbeur, and will be fifteen in May (yeah, I guess that's still a while away, but I'm excited!). The first thing I ever did on the internet was role playing. Everybody was literate, and so I painstakingly edited and reread my posts to make sure everything was correct. I never even saw chat-speak or leet until a few years later (I was obviously horrified). I've never spoken in chat-speak or leet before, I've always been literate. I've been playing piano for seven or eight years, I ride horses, and I go to a private school. I recently bought myself a laptop and I live in Utah. That's basically me.  

Malbeur

Azraelalpha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:37 am
Greetings. My name is Azraelalpha, and I'm a 21 year old Pseudo-literate student and translator assistant. I live in Mexico, as I always have, and I do enjoy peaceful, literate conversations as much as heated, yet polite debates over almost any topic.

Most of the times you will find me reading and stating my rather unique opinions on ED (my second home on Gaia -grins-).

I recently joined this guild in an effort to grow my vocabulary and hone my grammar and spelling skills, and I also hope you will find me a worthy member of such classy and refined guild such as yours.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:39 am
Hi everyone.
I'm Dani and I am 16. I'm an optimist who is allergic to everything from animals to trees. I'm told I'm a very insightful person, although I can be extremely blunt and a tad insensitve with my observations sweatdrop

I'm into riot-grrl, cartoons, video games, the paranormal/metaphysics, and Chinese food.
Nice to meet you all whee  

KittenOnMars

Raellie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:53 am
Oh shoot I forgot to introduce myself. I have a habit of jumping right into things...unannounced. Life can be more interesting that way though, can't it?

Anyways, hello all :].
My name is Ellie, I'm 17, I live in New York City, and I don't know what to do with my life. I'm taking a year off after high school to try to figure this out and while I'm off, I hope to work on my art and my writing. I also hope to find a publisher for a children's book I am working on (maybe one day I'll make a post about it for opinions ;]).

That's all I've got to say for now, till next time!
-Ellie  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games