Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply JENOVA's Witnesses
Midgar Municipal Water Supply (AC) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

savanacat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:50 pm
Dahry overcame her shock and replied in equally acrebic tones,"It can't be. Cloud used worse, as have others, and I'm well aware that you have seen them, for they were mentioned in my files." She glared at him as she spoke, quite angry to have her break disturbed by an associate. She watched as he continued to calmly sip his beer, ignoring her anger, and she grew visibly more wrathful. She practically swelled with rage, and she took a long gulp of her beer and quickly finished it off. She bristled with anger, everything had gone wrong already but now this!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:15 pm
When Saerenna had gotten herself situated, and as comfortable as possible considering she was wearing a robot, she flexed her fingers experimentally, testing the kind of response, and response time. "Interesting..." She muttered, knowing that it would greatly hinder her own reflexes because it wasn't at all like wearing a suit, but hopefully Slayer 1 would be able to make up for that in other ways. "Well... what would be the quickest way to Kalm?" she asked aloud, not really knowing if she was asking the robot or herself.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Janus HighPriestOfPlayer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:39 am
Slayer 1 closed itself in around her, slowly so as not to pinch anything, the helmet settled perfectly around her face, the visors which gave the robot the appearance of eyes had a HUD overlay on the tinted surfaces. It gave her a diagnostics read out of not only what she was looking at which at the moment happened to be a wall, but also of the suit itself. Almost imediately she noticed that its power reserves were low, it had a self perpetuating generator, but also used that to refill its capacitor which it used to power its weapons and certain potent abilities. Its structural integrity was at 100% she was pleased to note. The suit felt heavy, even though none of its weight was being supported by her. It moved fluidly copying her movements and easily making adjustments for slight miscalculations. the armor wasn't constricting at all, and could have been made for her. Although she knew it was self adjusting to fit her exact size. It added a couple inches to her height as well as a good foot to her reach. And seemed well balanced, though it looked from the outside as if the sizable weapons, and jetpack would make it 'backheavy'. Before she had time to get adjusted, and make any commands to the android it moved, taking a few steps out the hall, into the next room and towards an open window. It was certainly strange her legs moving with the robot without her having to direct them. A moment later they were flying, the force of the robot's jetpacks carrying them clear of the towering building, and in the direction of Kalm.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:21 am
Yazou glanced once at the harried man racing past the truck and then shrugged at Sofia. "I doubt we need to worry about him. He seems to have other problems." Yazou smirked at the thought, but continued driving. It almost seemed too easy,... Kadaj had said they wouldn't have a problem... but Yazou had expected at least a token resistance. It was almost disapointing.

Kadaj smirked at Sabel's tone, "And Mother never fails, nor do her plans..." He added, "Sabel, you are to meet the rest of us at the Capital... You know which one, when Yazou shows up tell him to call me." He smiled confidently, "That is all for now," Then he turned and nodded at Loz, and both of them strode a short ways back down the ridge to retreive their motorcycles. In short order they were off, leaving clouds of dust in their wake.  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:00 pm
Saerenna was at first very impressed with what she had at her disposal. From the protection it would give her, to the weapons it was capable of, this was indeed an impressive machine. However, a small surge of panic went through her as it started moving by itself, but she made herself relax. It hadn't done anything harmful to her yet, so where was the problem? But when they started flying, her fear of heights kicked in and she squeezed her eyes shut, trusting that Slayer 1 would be able to keep them flying by itself. "Hey, are you capable of reading the status of the person inside you?" She asked it curiously, to keep her mind off the fact that they were in the air without support of even a helicopter.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:29 pm
"Indeed, I Have Sophisticated Scanners To Keep Track Of Intimate Details." There was no hint of sarcasm or suggestiveness in its voice but its choice of words were perhaps a little embarassing. It seemed to her that the g-forces lessened to a great degree, and also it seemed to get a little darker to her closed eyes. The machine had activated it's inertial dampeners and shielded the lenses so she would not see the ground rushing far below if she opened her eyes.  

Janus HighPriestOfPlayer

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:20 am
Her eyes snapped open at that statement, unable to help the feeling of embarassment and openness that flooded through her. Great. Well, at least it couldn't read minds. Nothing manmade had been able to so far, and she doubted that this old robot could either. Or could it? Then, after being lost in her thoughts, she finally noticed that things had changed, and her fear of heights no longer gripped her in panic. She knew they were flying, but that knowledge was a lot less crippling without visual and other senses to back it up. "Thanks." She told Slayer 1, though what gratitude would do for a robot, she had no idea.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:03 am
Haeo
Alceron dismissed Melody's words, occupied as he was with her blood and the sudden intrusion into his mind. His eyes snapped to the sword at her waist, their piercing blue/gray light quite intense in that moment. I see, so this doctor was so inept as to make her only healable by one of the most uncommon condensed forms of materia in the world. Idiotic blade. There is none of that here and your arrogance does not aid your mistress. You are most likely her greatest handicap. He moved his free hand to carefully tear a strip off of his coat to act as a bandage. The material was thick and strong. It would not absorb the blood but it would apply enough pressure to stop the bleeding. Unfortunately she would probably die just from the amount that she had already lost. This will have to buy enough time. I'm leaving to search for that moronic scientist's precious black materia. Keep your mistress awake if you are worth anything at all to her. If she sleeps then her chances drop still farther. Hands moving swiftly, Alceron finished bandaging the wound and rose to his feet after removing his coat and spreading it over Melody's body. The sword, Raizel, had certainly not proven itself worthy of respect. Thus, it would receive none.

"Someone continue applying pressure to the wound. She has a deviant reaction to cure magic. I'll be back when, or if, I find something that will help. If she dies before I get back then try whatever you need to to revive her."

Alceron ran. He was out the door and running down the street long before anyone could have answered. He knew that this was a million to one chance but it was the only one she had of surviving. The wind roared in his ears as he moved, kicking off of walls in order to not lose speed. Suddenly he saw a yellow/white flash above him and to one side. That's trine... someone isn't playing around... A small flashing object flipped through the air and landed with a thud on the ground. He stopped running, the object was a rather large coin with one black side. It felt like materia. This had better be it... He looked up at the continuing fight as he picked it up. I can't tell who this belongs to from here but it doesn't look like it will do any good for awhile. I'll just have to hurry. He leapt backward, running just as fast as before, with Melody's rather dubious hope held firmly in his hand. The metal of a signpost bent with the force of his kick as he threw himself through the door of Seventh Heaven and came to a skidding halt. He wasted no time in channeling his will through the dark half of the coin and directing it toward Melody's wound. If this doesn't work, she dies and you will be destroyed, Raizel.

Melody's ice blue eyes slowly opened as she felt the dark materia course through her veins, invigorating her with its powers. She, like she supposed Alceron had, cursed Dr. Hojo for making her so weak and vunerable, and so easy to kill if there was no dark materia around. With Sephiroth, she'd never had to worry about the loss of it. Without him, it was a very pressing matter, as she now realized. She raised a hand to his face and smiled weakly, still not completely healed.

"Thank you...you saved me...I'm in your debt now. If I can ever do anything for you, please, don't hesitate to send for me, or just call me and I'll find a way to get to you..." she promised in whispers. She stayed true to her word...usually. But to Alceron, to whom she owed her life, she would stay faithful to her bond of words.

Well done...for a fool. I suppose...that I owe you thanks for saving my mistress...or I WOULD have, if you hadn't threatened to DYSTROY ME!!! Raizel projected, it's gem glowing red. It gave off an air of annoyance with Alceron, and an equal annoyance with Melody's newfound attachment to him. Why did she think she should be loyal to anyone but Sephiroth and himself? Human's that had been altered were powerful no doubt, but Raizel supposed she still had enough human in her to hinder her purposes for the darkness.

"Raizel..." she sighed, "Could you at least ATTEMPT to be gentile, like I know you can be?" Melody shook her head slowly, her blonde locks shifting around her face and resting in front of her eyes though she pushed them away. She smiled at Alceron and cocked her head, idily watching her own hand smooth wrinkles out of her dress from the corner of her eye. "You surely must have other things to attend to now that I'm fine...you don't have to stay here if you don't wish to. I'm not binding you to me or anything..." she said demurely, trying to choose her words carefully.  

Kanna Moto

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:37 am
Alceron showed no significant emotion, barely twitching in response to Melody's rapid initial recovery. He maintained the flow, even though it disturbed him slightly that it did not feel particularly dark to him. Melody's words and her touch elicited rather different responses from him. His eyes hardened slightly with an old shadow and his free hand took her wrist, moving her hand away from his face. His voice was steady though, neither angry nor pleased, carrying only a slight relief.

"I will remember to call you if I require assistance. However, this materia does not belong to me. I borrowed it and must return it as soon as possible. I believe that your wisest course would be to remain in the company of the owner of this materia coin."

Raizel's reply only caused a strange calm in Alceron. I did not threaten you Raizel. Threats are often empty. If she had died, so would you. That is a fact, not a threat. You are linked to her and would have served no purpose without her. The terrible finality in Alceron's mind was reinforced by one horrible fact that he knew in his deepest essence. Those who fail, die. If Melody had died then Raizel would have failed in her service. Thus... Melody's chiding voice weakened the shadow's hold for an instant and a dim recollection from his determined dash brought another concern to the forefront of his mind.

"Indeed. I should return this coin to its owner. Also, there were some other things that I believe I should look into. I believe that you should take some rest here before undertaking anything else, and... avoid cats. I will be informing the owner of this coin as to your situation if I believe that level of trust is warranted. If it is, then you may receive company here."

Alceron rose to his feet, assisting Melody to a chair in the process. His eyes seemed as cold as his demeanor usually was, however, was that not at odds with his sudden and unhesitating effort to save her life? Perhaps it was. Perhaps it wasn't. I wonder if the owner of this coin survived that battle. If he didn't then I could simply give the coin to her and end the whole problem. However, by this time the battle must have ended. I must trust that the owner of such a unique materia construct would be able to sense its presence. In the mean time, that truck seemed odd. Such vehicles don't usually use that gate.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:34 pm
From inside his hospital room, Shade began to plot his "escape". He hated hospitals and he was OK now. He'd be a little sore for a while, but Zaber might need his help. But no, the docotr told him "You can't leave yet, your not fully recovered..." It was just a little cut! No, he'd get out of here wether they wanted it or not. He ripped the IV out of his arm and tore off a piece of his shirt, making a bandage so he wouldn't bleed as much. He got out of bed and grabbed his halberd and handgun lying up against the wall, then slid quietly out the window...

"Cheer up already!"
"Why? I lost the coin. Syrene trusted me with it. It's why Sephiroth really killed her. If the Remanants find it, it's all over. Then again, unless they knew what it really was..."
"YOU WORRY TO MUCH!" They we're walking down the street toward 7th Heaven after they had escaped the remanants. "Alright... I know what will cheer you up..." He grabbed Zaber coat and dragged him into the bar.
"I told you I don't drink!"
"Live a little! Why do you have to be so serious all the time!" DMM walked over and sat down at the bar, and ordered two drinks. Zaber wore a blank look on his face, and then said,
"Your the one who's a MONK!"  

Zaber Blade

Janus HighPriestOfPlayer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:47 pm
"You Are Welcome." It intoned she could feel a slight change in velocity probably as is descended, then the shields over the visor pulled back, she was standing on the rolling hills outside Kalm, she could make out a structural entrance, mostly covered with overgrowth and dirt at this point.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:10 pm
Saerenna looked around, examining what she could of her surroundings with just sight. "That's it?" she asked Slayer 1. Deciding to see just how much control she had over this artificial being, she started walking forward towards the overgrown entrance. "Can you zoom in and magnify?" she asked the robot, wanting to see the area in better detail before delving into the unknown, inside an armored being or not.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Janus HighPriestOfPlayer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:52 am
The robot digitally magnified the scene for her, though it was an overlay and she could still see the normal view through the translucent effect. It also offered no resistance to her walking, though it did take a tiny bit of getting used to the slightly different balance. In fact it seemed to move of its own accord to match her movements, thereby putting no stress or weight on her limbs.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:24 pm
Saerenna had been at first wary of her new robot partner, but now she was finding it almost fun. Was there nothing Slayer 1 couldn't do? After looking closely at the entrance and surrounding land, she determined that there wasn't anything dangerous. At least nothing viewable. So she continued walking to the overgrown door, delighting in the ease at which she did. She reached up to brush some of the scrub and dirt away, finding it slightly difficult to get used to her extended arm reach. "Does it have some lock or password, or will it just let us walk in?" she asked Slayer 1.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

KiyaraSabel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:47 pm
Ermak Lorde
Kadaj smirked at Sabel's tone, "And Mother never fails, nor do her plans..." He added, "Sabel, you are to meet the rest of us at the Capital... You know which one, when Yazou shows up tell him to call me." He smiled confidently, "That is all for now," Then he turned and nodded at Loz, and both of them strode a short ways back down the ridge to retreive their motorcycles. In short order they were off, leaving clouds of dust in their wake.

Sabel merely gave Kadaj a pitying look. "Everything fails eventually..." She muttered almost too low to be heard. "I'll tell Yazou if I see him." She said simply before turning Kuroi to take off towards the forgotten capital, taking routes impassable by motorcycles.  
JENOVA's Witnesses

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games