Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
Ravenclaw Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:46 pm
He pulls out a clay ball from his pocket, about the size of a Snitch. There's a ceramic ring around the middle etched with tiny symbols, designs, runes and figures beneath clear glossy glaze.

"This is an extremely simple golem. My da' made it, but I could easily make one too. You could probably figure it out in a day with the documentation in front of you. Any other person holding this, it's an inert lump of clay in a ceramic ring. If you squeezed it, it would simply squash. But if I squeeze it..."

He does so, and the clay extrudes through the hole, forming a key.

"The theory is fairly simple. You make a wooden key, layer it with your standard security charms, then you incinerate it. Mix the ash into a bit of clay, make the ring out of it, add the instructions, you get the idea. That, incidentally, is the reason you should scatter the ashes of anything you've burned to get rid of. Because with a little determination, the whole can be restored to a certain degree if a significant portion of the ashes are recovered. And this is far from the only way to do it, I understand."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:14 pm
"Wow, did you really learn all of this information from your dad? You've put so much stuff into this, your kind of like a friend I have but he was sorted into slytherin a while back so his motives are generally questionable."  

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:31 pm
"Good instinct. I can't honestly say that my motives are not almost entirely selfish. The 'almost' is probably why I'm wearing the blue and not the green right now."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:28 pm
For those of you who are new, here are some ways to earn house points:

- Posting in the Hogwarts Express. When it reaches its destination (when it closes), house points are allocated based on how many posts each house has.
- Posting in the main thread of an event. Events work in a similar way. Generally, at the end of the event, the posts in the main event thread are counted up and points awarded based on number of posts per house.
- Classes, when they are running, are an excellent way to earn a lot of house points, provided you turn in your homework. If you sign up but don't do the homework/classwork, points may be deducted from Ravenclaw. So make sure you don't sign up for too many, and let the professor know if you'll be gone.
- Recruiting. 10 points for each person you recruit. Make sure they mention your name in their join request.

Lyra Elizabeth

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:45 pm
"I'm sure we all have a slightly selfish side to some extent. That is one of the things that define humans and i'm not sure its something we will outgrow or overcome."

(btw thanks for the info lyra)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:43 pm
"Defining humanity is boring. I plan on expanding it."  

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:33 pm
Louis began exploring the common room looking at the various tomes that were stored in the large bookcases. He began to wish the others would show up soon otherwise he might have to find other ways of.........satisfying......his search for knowledge.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:42 pm
Can you ever be completely satisfied in the search for knowledge? In my opinion, it is a never-ending search. No matter how much you know, there is always more to learn.  

Lyra Elizabeth

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:03 am
"Satisfied, no, satiated so that you can do other things than search for knowledge........occasionally."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:10 am
"External knowledge is decorative unless it also furthers knowledge of oneself. Whether solely in and of oneself, or of oneself in relation to the world. Read all those books, and unless you learn something about yourself as well, the knowledge might as well still just be on the page."  

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:13 pm
Louis smiled slyly, "So Miles did you say you came here to work on knowledge or philosophy?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:13 pm
He raises one eyebrow slightly and replies, "Archimedes once said that if he had a lever long enough and a place to stand, he could move the planet from its orbit. I came here to build levers."  

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

Nekko fire fox

Sweet Bookworm

11,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:15 am
nekko shyly walks into the common room and falls forward after tripping. redface  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:52 am
Myles gets up. "Are you okay?"

((Don't forget to post in house colors!))

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

Daliaveyani

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:21 am
As all the people in the common room pay attention to the girl who just fell Noelle slips in behind her silently. She goes to the first year girls room and puts her puppy on her bed she pulls a book out of her trunk that had been placed at the foot of her bed and goes back to the common room. She finds a chair in a corner and curls up in a ball to read.  
Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games