Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:45 am
Re organizing minipets:

Currently our first priority is to get that abandoning system up. Once that is up, we will look into other code-based things. The best I can do for rearranging minipets would be from oldest --> newest on date of entry (aka when you adopted it) though sad

Re minipet customs:

There is currently a backlog of minipet freebies to do ;; Once that is done, then yes I will bring up with the admin the idea of minipet customs and/or bribes. I like the idea of it being limited though!

Regarding minipet backstaging:

I was pondering this! By doing such a thing I would also be resetting their clicks entirely. I am not too sure if the pet would grow though after I do that.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:04 am
With the backstaging you could take away the grown pet from the system and just replace it with a new baby stage. This way it will grow and give the possibility of a new alt.

I would most defiantly dish out cash/gold/bribes for minipets.  

Grumpy Paw

Fuzzy Sex Symbol

18,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:58 am
On the topic of backstaging: you would not get a chance at the alt through this, as reg/alt stages are picked at the adoption point, not at growth.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:48 pm
With the new trophy earning possibilities... I question arises! Not simply because I need to ask a question here to get an achievement; that's an added bonus. XD

In terms of needing to own such-and-such minipet to meet a requirement, will staff accept people trading pets back and fourth as a manner of "sharing" pets to get their achievements? So long as said pet is in the person's account who is trying to get the trophy at the time, of course.

I figure this will be a no, for the sake of your sanity, but one never knows until they ask! <3  

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:09 pm
XD yeah no ~ it's just likely to make the person handling trades go "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:38 pm
The rejection Bin and acceptance bin...are they related or something?

And, will limits be put into place to prevent huge bundles of adoptions on minipets? IE: halloween scareons V1. Like, no more then two of each color pre mini? (So a mini with one alt you'd only be able to adopt 4 at max. Two of regular, two of alt). I ask as it's been mentioned to not adopt more then 3 in one place, 5 in another, but then in others there is no limit. So this is kind of asking for a solid rule clarification:
How many minis can be adopted/held onto for trading when there is no adoption limit coded into the site? (Taking into account that people tend to prefer getting at least one of each color)

In line with this: If we want to horde could we do so provided we are not hording for trades but rather for RP purposes? Like, Israfel hording 5+ bird type minis because he (meaning me) likes them and they match his student?
And if we hoard, would we need staff approval?

On growth points, if we participate in an rp actively but fail to make 800 words in total are we just SOL when it comes to growth points? Like, if I post small RP posts in a classroom but my word count is under 800 will it not count, even though I might have posted and interacted just in smaller posts? (if this makes sense, I know in growth req it just says complete but Im not sure as 800 words seems to be the magic number for it to be considered 'active'?)  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:27 pm
word counts ~ we can be reasonable on that ~ it's not a defined yes or no, more like a: as long as peeps are reasonable about things like that, we can be too ~

HALLOWEEN SCAREONS: they were meant to be limited, sadly in my attempt to make things easier and more streamlined, and much quicker to deal with on release ~ all restrictions got lifted on those pets. Even the quantity ones.
You're getting different numbers from different people as this is once again a "be reasonable" thing, and some people feel that three is what's reasonable, some people feel that five are.

Personally, as the landlord I don't care if someone wants to make themselves look idiotic or greedy by adopting 10 of w/e when we don't have a limit in place. However, not all of the artists like when people treat the pets they made as future trading fodder, so if a lot of people do things like that, they might find the pet being taken down earlier than planned, and replaced with something much more restricted.

So basically, for whatever reason people hoarde, it's not something we'll take away your pets for, or greylist, or whatever. So it does not get an official rule. However, hoarding does have certain consequences, one of them social perception, and others (in case where many people are hoarding) that result in changes the minipets: how many are released, for how long, and their adoption restrictions.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:59 pm
I am another obsessive organizer - and for me it comes down to lists! I have started a spreadsheet for my minis but am running into a problem with not knowing how many alt colors I am missing. Would it be possible to have those added to the 'cyclopedia or would that ruin folks fun? Right now it just says there are alts, but not how many!  

Harperking

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:09 pm
Spreadsheet...that's a little terrifying XD

Each pet adopted actually only has two possible alts, now each pet species has kind of an infinite supply of possibilities ~ we do need to update the cyclopedia, and we will, but just keep in mind that the amount of available alts can and will grow at any given time  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:34 pm
Loves my Excel LOL
Yeah, its the species I run into the confusion on. Hallowdeer for example - thought I had them all and then I saw a green one for the first time! xd  

Harperking

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:35 pm
D: don't forget that the rainbow seeds can sometimes alter an already adopted pet ~  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:21 pm
The most comprehensive minipet + ALLL COLOURS would be the one from the minipet masters, but other than that I haven't made any huge efforts to update ALL the spoilers for the minipet colours sorry D: The cyclpedia also does need to be updated, I'll try to get to it sometime tonite/tomorrow (it will tell you the minipet and if it has an alt stage, that is all though).  

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:51 am
Question for staff but mostly Chibi:
I accidentally asked liz this because I'm dumb, but she told me it should go here? Asking never hurts.

If a monster were to be mostly torso with a stubby snake tail, would this be disallowed? I know it says no snake torsos, but ICly they wouldn't take up any more space in the hall than a person walking. In the same line, is skittering on multiple arms grounds for magic clip? I saw the manananggal and was like WELLP THAT'S NOT FEET I MIGHT AS WELL ASK. xD

Just wanted to make sure before I started my quest~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:57 pm
Quick question for you, Rabid: would the snake-torso'd student in question be bipedal? Or have the bottom-half of a snake?

And what do you mean by multiple arms? A student with a pair of arms instead of legs in addition to arms or...?  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:01 pm
It'd have a snake bottom-half. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure the answer is no. xD

AND...well, by design they have six arms, and generally use those for walking (with their tail up like a really obnoxious scorpion) as opposed to their tail, as it is stubby mcstubbykins. I hadn't thought until I asked that this is probably even worse than having a tail.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games